Midnight howl (Lumity)

Od disaster_top

Luz didn't know what to expect when she was told that she was changing schools. She definitely would not have... Viac

New arrivals
A strange town
First days are always the worst
Are we friends yet?
Stay away from the big bad wolf
The tryouts
A failed alpha
Bullies
Pulling a fast one
Studying but different
Murderous
Snooping
The full moon rises
The obliviousness ends!
Counting my riches
Wake up call
Aftermath
Still children
Recovery takes time
Tainted
Magic
A reminder
Firsts
Lost
Hospitals
Control
Back at it again
Something is not right
Back to the start
Confrontation
Revelations
Band kids are basically gamers
Life goes on
Under my umbrella
Imposters among us
Halloween bash
Containment
Broken
Breach
Safe and sound
Little poor me
The hunt
Let sleeping wolves lie
Lost and found
Are you worthy?
Shopping
Forget-me-not
Going feral
Alone together
Severing
Pray for the wicked(or don't)
Time after time
Closed off
Shattered
Coming to a close
Game time (part 1)
Game time (part 2)
Who the fuck are you?
Snow day
Bleach
The moon's mistress
Manipulation
Return of the king
Amity wake up
New enemies, new information
Safe place

It's about time

442 17 5
Od disaster_top

"I can't possibly believe what you're saying."

"Edalyn I can assure you that they are in on it."

"With all due respect Lily, neither of them would think of going within a five-mile radius of those assholes," Eda replied firmly, sending Lilith a hard stare.

"Believe it or not," Fatima spoke up as she chewed on an apple. "The fact of the matter is they were both there, maybe not as often as others but I have seen them."

Eda gestured towards the daemon. "Kid, don't you think that you may have seen wrong? I mean, you were young-"

"How many people do you know with teal hair? And I don't think a lot of people walk around with goggles on their head."

"...Well I mean-" Eda started but cut herself off, fuck if it really was them then that made this issue ten times worse. "I just-I don't understand. They're both monsters why would they join the MK?"

Fatima shrugged. "Beats me. I couldn't really ask questions at that point."

Lilith turned towards her sister. "Edalyn, should we report this then? It could possibly stop anyone else from being harmed-"

"Look Lily, you can report this if you want but without solid evidence, the police won't do shit and you know it." Eda huffed, rubbing her palm against her temples.

Fatima raised a hand. "Uh, you could also go after them yourselves? Like you could keep an eye on them to see anything suspicious and report that to the cops."

Eda hummed. "I'm afraid that even then that would be considered illegal since we went after someone while not being an officer."

"Huh, since when have you cared about the law?" Fatima asked brazenly.

"Fatima," Lilith stated firmly.

The daemon held their hands up in surrender. "Alright alright I got the message, my point is something has to be done eventually. I gave you this information now use it. Anyways I gotta go I have a date."

Eda raised an eyebrow and turned towards Lilith. "You sure know how to pick them huh Lily?"

"I assure you they have talent."

"Right."

______________________________________

"Amity Blight!"

Said girl jumped at hearing her name called out. She looked up in confusion at seeing Luz standing before her with a wide grin.

"Y-yes Luz?" Amity asked, ears flicking downwards in confusion.

Luz leaned forward and kissed her. "Nothing I just love you. Also I'm taking you out on a date today cause I realized we haven't really gone on a lot of dates even though we've been dating for a few months. Though with the whole on a break thing I guess it was less than a few months but you know I want you to have a nice time with me, just the two of us so I thought why not just have a date with my amazing partner and-"

If Amity was honest she stopped listening after the word 'date' was said. A date with Luz? Now that she thought of it they hadn't really been on an actual date

"A...Date?" Is all she managed to utter.

Luz paused in her rambling and nodded. "Yeah, a date, just you and me, well dates are always just two people so I don't know why I'm saying that. Well I guess if someone is in a poly relationship they might have dates with more than two people but you know we're just two so yeah I'm gonna shut up now before I say too much."

Amity chuckled lightly, reaching out to hold Luz's hand. "I see, well I like the idea of going on a date with you. Did you have something in mind?" If she was being honest Amity was surprised with how calm she sounded, cause internally she was panicking.

"Oh. Oh okay." Luz brightened at hearing Amity agree with her suggestion. "Well I thought we could maybe go to an arcade, but if you don't want to that's okay too-"

Amity stood up abruptly and waved her hands. "No, no, no an arcade sounds great Luz." At seeing the way Luz jumped in surprise Amity chuckled nervously. "Ah sorry, but yeah an arcade sounds nice, do you want to go now?"

Luz's ears perked up and she smiled widely. "Yeah, yeah let me just get ready and we can go." Amity nodded at Luz as the girl ran back up the stairs.

She quietly cheered. God, she was finally going on a date with Luz, an official one. Amity could barely contain her giddiness.

"Well damn it's about time."

Amity jumped slightly at hearing Alpha's voice suddenly, granted she hadn't heard any comments from Alpha recently but still. "Yeah, I'm glad Luz and I are still able to do normal things I suppose." She ran a hand through her hair in thought. "These past few months have been very eventful, it's nice to have a calm moment with just her."

Alpha laughed. "Well as long as you're happy master."

"Heh well, Luz makes me very happy." Amity mumbled happily to herself. She could practically hear Alpha gagging but ignored it. "Come on you're literally me, meaning Luz makes us both happy you don't need to pretend you're grossed out by us," Amity stated jokingly.

Alpha huffed "Hmm, maybe so, I will neither confirm nor deny."

Amity chuckled. "I'll take that as a yes, or are you planning on complaining during the entire date?"

"I would never." Alpha scoffed. "You go enjoy your time with your girlfriend I'll just shut off."

"You make it sound like you're a robot." Amity teased.

Alpha huffed. "Yeah, yeah, focus on your date, I ain't got nothing to do with this."

"Sure, sure, whatever you say." Amity let out, chuckling under her breath.

"Okay Amity I'm ready, let's go." Amity turned her head towards the stairs as Luz thundered down, jumping the last three stairs and landing on the floor with a thump.

Luz glances up at Amity, adjusting the beanie on her head. "Is something wrong?"

Amity snapped out fo her dazed state and shook her head. "What? No, no, everything is fine you just look pretty-"

"You're pretty too babe." Luz chuckled, stepping forward and grasping Amity's hand gently. "Ready to go?"

"Y-yeah, yeah." Amity forced down her squeal at being called babe and followed Luz out of the house.

Luz paused after stepping outside and turned toward Amity. "Is it okay if we walk? The arcade isn't far and um, the car seems kinda dangerous considering all that's happened and-"

"I understand Luz." Amity stated, reaching out to hold Luz's hand. "it's alright, walking would be fine, the weather is nice."

"It's snowing but yes." Luz laughed.

Amity huffed. "The snow is nice weather."

"Well." Luz chuckled. "I'm used to snowstorms in Connecticut so I wouldn't call it good weather. Though snow like this is nice." She explained, kicking a small mound of snow in her path.

"Oh, I see." Amity uttered, not really knowing what to say. She began to fidget with her free hand, flexing her fingers absentmindedly.

Luz glanced down at Amity's free hand and gently squeezed her other hand. "Hey Amity."

"Hmm?" Amity hummed, turning to face Luz in question. Luz leaned up and kissed Amity's cheek. "Nothing, I just love you."

Amity froze, face heating up despite the cold. She composed herself and laughed. "I love you too Luz, I see you're trying to fluster me huh."

"What? Me? Flustering you? Never." Luz exclaimed in a mock surprised tone.

Amity's ears flicked up in doubt. "Right, sure, you're really lucky you're cute."

Luz giggled. "And you're lucky you're adorable, oh look we're here." She exclaimed happily as they walked up to the arcade. Amity followed after her as she was dragged along.

The entire environment changed when they stepped into the arcade. Amity blinked her eyes slightly at the sudden change in lighting. The entire arcade was essentially only lit up by a few well places neonish lights that she was sure were there to give the arcade more of an identity.

"Okay Amity you pick a game and imma go get the tokens." Luz stated quickly.

"Uh but how are we going to find each-" Amity didn't have time to finish her sentence as Luz zoomed off towards the front counter of the arcade. Ah well Amity might as well stay here and wait for her then.

Amity looked around the arcade, scouting out games that she would like to try with Luz. She couldn't help but think back to the last time she went to an arcade, god she hopes that won't happen again.

"It won't happen master, it hasn't happened in nearly a month."

I know, Amity thought, but still, it's a possibility and I really don't want to have those thoughts here, I'm gonna have a nice time with Luz and that's that.

"Ah well, maybe with me here it won't happen? I mean I am a separate part of your conscious so maybe I can block whoever is trynna make you see things?"

Amity paused for a moment, Alpha's reasoning actually made sense.

"Hey, cariño? Is everything alright? You look like Boscha in math class." Amity jumped at hearing Luz's voice from behind her. She turned around and sure enough the brunette was standing behind her, a curious look on her face as she held two blue cards in her hand.

"A-ah I was just thinking about something, don't worry it was nothing important." Amity let out awkwardly.

Luz raised an eyebrow but didn't comment further. "Hmmm alright, also here's your token card, you're paying for the food though."

Amity laughed. "It's only fair, now what game do you want to play first Luz?"

"Oooooh I think they have hoops here somewhere, come on." Luz enthusiastically held Amity's hand and led the girl along the arcade, looking for the game she had just described. Amity chuckled to herself at Luz's enthusiasm, thinking of how cute it was.

Luz stopped in front of one of the hoop games and turned to Amity. "Do you want to take right or left?"

"I'm good with either side." Amity shrugged, taking the left side.

"You're going down Blight." Luz teased, grinning at Amity as her ears twitched up.

Amity raised an eyebrow, swiping her token card on the machine to start the game. "In your dreams Noceda."

Seemed that they were in fact in Luz's dreams, cause she ended up winning, and Amity couldn't even find it in herself to be angry.

As soon as the buzzer went off, announcing the end of the game Luz jumped up and cheered at seeing the ending score. She had gotten 20 points, beating Amity's measly 17 points.

Luz grinned and turned towards Amity with a raised eyebrow. "Told ya you'd go down." Amity rolled her eyes, trying to contain her smile.

"That doesn't mean anything, these games are all rigged."

Luz laughed, pecking Amity's cheek softly and pointing towards a set of machines at the center of the arcade. "No cariño, those are the rigged games."

Amity hummed. "Ah well, fine I'll give you this one."

"Ah yes thank you so much miss Blight, it is an honor to have my skill recognized." Luz dramatically stated, bringing her hands to her heart. Amity chuckled at that, before gesturing towards the rest of the arcade.

"Well, do you have any other games in mind?"

Luz nodded towards one of the ends of the arcade. "Oh I know they have some alien games back there, we can play those."

"Sure." Amity nodded. "I know they have some where two people can play so yeah we can try those."

As Luz followed Amity towards one end of the arcade she felt her phone buzz in her pocket. Luz reached down and brought her phone up so that she could see what notification she had got. Upon seeing that it was a text message from her mother she froze.

Amity glanced back and saw Luz staring down at her phone with a stressed expression. "Hey Luz? Is something wrong?"

Luz looked back up and shook her head, pocketing her phone. "Ah no it's nothing don't worry. Just, email stuff ya know. Anyways come on let's go find that game yeah?" Amity decided not to press and allowed Luz to lead her through the arcade.

______________________________________

"Wow I really am playing into the beaten old lady stereotype huh."

Eda sighed, taking a sip from her beer bottle. She had decided to go to an old bar in town after her discussion with Lilith and her apprentice seeing as she had nothing else to do. What with Luz going out with Amity and King somehow having fallen asleep early.

"Ah well, you make it work for you Eda."

"Huh?" Eda turned around, eyebrow raised as she wondered who would even talk to her in this joint.

The person behind her was clearly a camazotz, if the bat ears proved anything, but there was something oddly familiar about them. Eda squinted as the person sat besides her. "I feel like I know you from somewhere-"

They chuckled, eyes crinkling with mirth. "Wow Edalyn I'm hurt. You don't remember lil old me?"

Eda glanced at the person's teal colored hair and instantly knew. She grinned. "As if I could ever forget you raindrop. Nice to see you still in one piece, how've you been?" Sure outwardly she sounded calm and collected but internally Eda was a mess. Raine? Here? With her? Well wasn't she lucky.

Raine laughed, rubbing the back of their neck nervously. "Aha, well, I see you're still as flirty as ever."

"Only with you." Eda teased.

"You're incorrigible, but it's nice to see you again Eda." Raine stated, smiling at Eda despite the blush that was creeping up their face. "Well, I know we haven't spoken in awhile but do you want to catch up? Seems we have time enough and...beer enough? I don't think that's the saying but yeah that."

Eda chuckled, she had forgotten just how cute Raine could be.

"Of course, care to go first?"

Pokračovať v čítaní

You'll Also Like

30.6K 416 9
(X-posted from AO3.) In which Luz and Amity struggle to find some much needed and wanted privacy. (I swear the story is better than the summary, but...
33.3K 1K 42
Luz thought it was finally time to leave the Boiling Isles and go back home. Once she got back, Camila didn't agree with her sneaking off for the Sum...
191 10 13
The once happy and joyous Earth is overrun by flesh-eating monsters, otherwise known as "walkers." Hunter Wittebane has spent his whole life outdoors...
202K 4.3K 62
Just a bunch of reader-insert oneshots. Gender neutral reader! Requests open