GINGERSNAPS

By theginger412

Olivia Evans, who was given up at birth by her mother, Petunia, later finds out that she is a witch. Just whe... More

1. The Past meets The Future
2. Settling In
3. Lemonade
4. Flash
5. Captured Moments
6. Breaking Through
7. Scolded
8. Beaten Up
9. Petrified
10. Safe
11. Leaky Cauldron
12. Respects
13. Challenged
14. Slashed
15. Mischief Managed
16. Yearbook
17. Bring The Lion Out
18. The Cup
19. Moony
20. Contact
21. Toffee
22. Strawberry Ice Cream
23. The World Cup
24. Her Heart
25. Moody
26. The Tournament
27. Her Name
28. Her Wand
29. Her Dragon
30. The First Task
31. Her Flame
32. Love Potion
33. The Yule Ball
34. The Second Task
35. Birthdays
36. The Third Task
37. Graveyard
38. Her Friend
39. In Memory
40. Grimmauld Place
41. Pieces of Her
42. Inked
43. Lavender Tea
44. Uncle
45. Firewhiskey
46. Ministry of Magic
47. The Hearing
48. Treacle Tart
49. Evans
50. Her Boggart
51. Kings Cross
52. Bloody Mess
53. Skeleton
54. Playing with Fire
55. Last, First Match
56. Attacked
57. St. Mungos
58. Honey
59. P for Percy
60. Drooble's Best Blowing Gum
61. Her Letters and Feathers
62. Occlumency
63. Not Tonight
64. Cornish Pixies
65. Red Lace
66. Yellow Paint
67. Sacked
68. Changes and Captures
69. Style
70. Adventure's End
71. Blowing Kisses
72. Stunned
73. Evans
74. Her Death
75. Cracks In Their World
76. From The Ashes
77. Her Funeral
78. Her First
79. Broomsticks & Sunsets
80. The Return
81. Scars
82. Permission
83. Paints and Pranks
85. Normal
86. Vials and Stakes
87. Blood Oath
88. Arm Sling
89. Trunk of Photos
90. Never Know
91. In This Life
92. Melted Metal

84. Red

1.5K 46 6
By theginger412

An extra long chapter with exciting things happening! I hope you enjoy!

Cannon:
Olivia did get tattoos not only with Sirius but she talked Remus into getting one too. On the front side of her shoulder, she got a small black paw print and on the other she got a wolfs paw print with claws. To represent both of her uncles. Sirius and Remus got Sun tattoos in the same spot Ollie got the tattoos for them.
___________________________________

Olivia's mind swirled with her thoughts. Overthinking and tucking in all her worries and insecurities away to hide the panic within her. As she sat in front of her easel, paints smeared across the stretched canvas and all over her limbs.

The Poly Juice potion had worn off and Olivia had decided to paint a bit while she waited for Charlie to return. The sun had set and the stars began to peak out, still he had not come back yet.

Dumbledore had informed her that he would meeting with Harry tonight, then he would take Harry to the Weasleys to stay for the rest of summer.

It had been hard to get Sirius to agree to it but with him off on missions for the Order it would be better for Harry to stay with Ron. She planned to go over there first thing in the morning.

Her jarred door creaked open wider. She turned from where she sat on top of her stool to see the curly red haired man slip inside.

"Im sorry I didn't think I would be out this late, I would have let you known if I had." Charlie said as he come up behind her and kissed the top of her head.

"It's fine," she said shaking off the lingering horrors in her mind. Olivia gave him a smile, "So what did you do with your day?"

"Had a few errands to run, had lunch with Bill, nothing too exciting." He answered as he toed off his boots and climbed onto the bed relaxing his head against the headboard with his arms behind his head.

"Oh" she said sheepishly, "What kind of errands?"

"Had to run to a few shops for Mum. And send out some documents for work." He answered.

Olivia looked to her canvas, her back to him where he laid on the bed. She toyed with the brush in her hands. "Oh there was just some gossip that I overheard today by some customers. About you at some jewelry shop." She said quietly.

"Yeah, Mum wanted me to see if they could repair an old watch she had. I guess people just don't have anything better to do than spread rumors." He said with a laugh. "Anything to do besides worry about what others are doing. Oh well, by the way we have a meeting tomorrow night."

Olivia tried to let his words free up some of the tightness in her chest. She took a deep breath, "Yeah, I have to meet Remus at The Den before the meeting." She said.

Charlie began talking about dinner and asked how the twins done today with the grand opening. Olivia chatted with him but her mind still swirled with those worries and fears. She could only halfway focus on what he was saying to her.

The next morning, Olivia rolled out of the bed that Charlie snored in still. She scribbled a note explaining she was going to the Burrow to see Harry that she would be there if he needed anything.

It wasn't long after that, she was stepping out of the fireplace into the living room of the Burrow. The house was buzzing with movement.

"Hello," Olivia called out. Fleur stepped out of the kitchen.

"Ollie!" She said hugging her.

"Is he here? Harry?" Olivia asked. Mrs. Weasley came out of the kitchen carrying a breakfast tray, Fleur rushed over and took it from her.

"I can take zat for you." Fleur said heading up the stairs. Mrs. Weasley rolled her eyes and waved Olivia to follow.

"He got here late last night," she told Olivia.

Fleur had busted into the twins old room, where Harry Ron Hermione and Ginny all were.

"There was no need to bring up the tray I was just about to do it myself!" Mrs. Weasley said.

"Eet was no trouble," said Fleur setting the tray across Harry's knees and then swooped down to kiss him on each cheek. "I'ave been longing to see 'im. You remember my seester Gabrielle? She never stops talking about 'Arry Potter. She will be delighted to see you again."

"Oh.. is she here too?" Harry croaked. He looked around as if to see the little sister, but he noticed Olivia standing outside the doorway. He gave her a wide smile that she returned. But before either could greet the other Fleur spoke again.

"No no silly boy," said she with a tinkling laugh, "I mean next summer when we- but do you not know?"

Mrs. Weasley spoke, "we hadn't got around to telling him yet."

"Bill and I are going to be married!" Fleur said excitedly.

"Oh, wow. Er- congratulations!" Harry said. Fleur kissed him again.

"Bill is very busy at ze moment, working very 'ard and I only work part time at Gringotts for my English so he brought me 'ere for a few days to get to know 'is family properly. I was so pleased to 'ear you would be coming- zere isn't much to do 'ere unless you like cooking and chickens! Well- enjoy your breakfast, 'Arry!" Fleur said and then gracefully floated out of the room, Olivia stepped inside the room before Fleur closed the door.

"Mum hates her," said Ginny quietly. Olivia laughed.

"I do not hate her!" Mrs. Weasley said. " I just think they've hurried into this engagement that's all!"

"They've known each other a year," said Ron who stared groggy at the closed door.

"We'll that's not very long! Look at Charlie and Ollie, they've known each other for years!" Mrs. Weasley said her eyes widen a bit before looking to Olivia. "But I know why it's happened of course. It's all this uncertainty with You know Who coming back. People think they might be dead tomorrow so they're rushing all sorts of decisions they'd normally take time over. It was the same last time he was powerful people eloping left, right, and center-"

"Including you and Dad" said Ginny slyly.

"Yes we'll your father and I were made for each other what was the point in waiting? Whereas Bill and Fleur... well... what have they really got in common? He's hard working, down to earth sort of person whereas she's-"

"A cow," said Ginny coddling. "But Bills not that down to earth. He's a Curse Breaking isn't he, he likes a bit of adventure a bit of glamour... I expect that's why he's gone for Phlegm."

"Stop calling her that, Ginny." Said Mrs. Weasley as Harry and Hermione laughed. "We'll I'd better get on.. eat your eggs while they're warm Harry." Leaving them in the bedroom.

Olivia plopped down on the bed beside Harry plucking up a slice of toast from the tray and taking a bite. "Hey there Little Duck!" She said with a closed lip smile.

Harry smiled, "Hey Ollie. When did you get here?"

"Not too long ago," she looked over to Ron who was shaking his head like a dog. "You alright Ronnie?"

He rolled his eyes are the nickname. "Don't you get use to her if she staying in the same house?" Harry asked Ron.

"Well you do," Ron said, " but if she jumps out at you unexpectedly like then..."

"It's pathetic," said Hermione striding the wall furthest from Ron, she crossed her arms.

"You don't really want her around forever?" Ginny asked Ron who shrugged. "Well Mums going to put a stop to it if she can I bet anything."

"Come on, Fleur isn't that bad, she's really nice to me." Olivia said brushing off the crumbles from the toast.

"How's she going to manage that?" Asked Harry.

"She keeps trying to get Tonks round for dinner. I think she's hoping Bill will fall for Tonks instead. I hope he does I much rather have her in the family."

"Yeah that work," said Ron sarcastically. "Listen no bloke in his right minds going to fancy Tonks when Fleurs around. I mean Tonks is okay-looking when she isn't doing stupid things fo her hair and nose but-"

Olivia threw a pillow hitting Ron in the face.

"She's a damn sight nice than Phlegm!" Said Ginny.

"And she more intelligent she's an Auror!" Said Hermione from the corner.

"Fleurs not stupid, she was good enough to enter the Triwizard Tournament," said Harry.

"Not you as well!" Said Hermione bitterly.

"I'm with Harry on this one." Olivia said

"I suppose you like the way Phlegm says 'Arry do you?" Asked Ginny scornfully to Harry.

"No," said Harry, "I was just saying Phlegm- I mean Fleur-"

"I'd much rather have Tonks in the family, at least she's a laugh!" Said Ginny.

"She hasn't been much of a laugh lately," said Ron. "Every time I've seen her she's looked more like Moaning Myrtle."

"She's going through some stuff, that's not fair." Olivia said, knowing that something must have happened between her and Remus if Tonks was really this depressed.

"She probably blames herself for what happened." Hermione said glancing at Olivia.

Olivia furrowed her brow. "How does she work that one out?" Asked Harry.

"Well she was fighting Bellatrix Lestrange wasn't she? I think she feels that if only she had finished her off Bellatrix couldn't have got Ollie. And now Ollie's forced to live in hiding."

"That's stupid," said Ron.

"It's the guilt!" Said Hermione. "I know Lupins tried to talk her round but she's still really down. She's actually having trouble with her Metamorphosing."

"With her-" Ron started

"She can't change her appearance like she used to," Hers explained. "I think her powers must have been affected by shock or something."

"I didn't know that could happen." Said Harry.

"Nor did I," said Hermione, "but I suppose if you're really depressed..."

The door popped open again and Mrs. Weasley stuck her head in. "Ginny," she whispered, "come downstairs and help me with the lunch."

"I'm taking to this lot!" Said Ginny outraged.

"Now!" Mrs.Weasley said and withdrew out of the doorway.

"Come on Ginny, I'll come with you. You lot better come down soon though." Olivia said, she climbed off the bed and ushered Ginny out of the door reluctantly.

Not much longer after going downstairs the trio had followed down. Hermione with a black eye from some product that punched her in the twins room. A brief breakdown about the results of her OWL exams but once the owls had showed up revealing that the trio had down great on their exams all was well.

Olivia had hung around the Burrow the whole day, Charlie had later joined her. She sat on top of the hill behind the house watching as they all took turns on the brooms and playing quidditch. Harry had given up his broom to let Charlie have a go.

The pair of them sat as the sun began to set in the distance, watching their friends fly around. Olivia took photos every now and then.

"I thought Sirius would have come to visit." Harry said to her, not taking his eyes off Ginny as she sped passed Charlie with the quaffle.

"We have a meeting tonight, or he would have been here." Olivia said, "He's been busy with missions for the Order. But I'm sure he'll be here tomorrow."

Harry nodded his head. "What about you? Haven't you been on missions too?"

"Yeah, but I'm taking a break to spend time with you." She said smiling. Harry reached out and traced the scar through her brow. "May have got scratched up a bit but I'm fine."

He tilted his head looking at her scar. "It looks like Lupins. Not as pink like normal scars, blue kinda. Almost silver."

"That's because I got it from a werewolf." She said seeing the panic taking form. "It wasn't a full moon, so relax. I'm not cursed or anything. It just won't ever go away."

Harry's shoulders relaxed at her words. "Is it hard?" He asked.

Olivia almost said that it was hard every day. But instead asked, "What's hard?"

"Basically being a ghost to people. A memory." He said looking back over the field.

"No, it hurts sometimes. But nothing I can't handle." She tried to say believingly.

Harry nodded his head, looking as if he didn't believe her but decided not to push the subject.

"Bill and Fleur getting married. When's it going to be you and Charlie?" He asked bumping his shoulder into hers.

Olivia laughed, "Us? Married? I don't think even a Seer predicts that anytime in the near future."

"Would you though? Marry him if he asked?" Harry said.

Olivia thought about it. About the life she would have with Charlie, it wasn't the first time she had thought about it, but she couldn't help herself from imagining. "If Charlie asked me to marry him today, I don't think anything could stop me from saying yes."

Harry smiled. "Good." Was all he said.

Olivia said her goodbyes, and told Charlie she'd see him later, as she left to for The Den, Remus's home that was left to him after his fathers passing.

She'd never been there, but walked out of the fireplace anyway. Olivia stepped into the dimly lit room that held a shaggy couch and armchairs and a worn down coffee table.

"Moony, you home?" She called out. Remus came around the corner and held out his wand at her. She rolled her eyes forgetting the stupid protocol. "Oh for the stars sake. Fine." She said holding out her own wand.

"Who did Olivia Evans ask me to deliver letters to after she died?" Remus asked not lowering his wand.

"Percy Weasley and Draco Malfoy." She answered. "What was my fear that was revealed in Remus Lupins class during my fifth?" She asked him.

"It was Severus Snape saying some rather mean things I would prefer not to mention." Remus said tucking his wand back in his pocket. Olivia lowered her wand too, and hugged her uncle.

"Good enough for me. So why did you ask me to come over before the meeting?" She said flopping into the armchair making it groan.

"Well Dumbledore said that it would be best if you brought a guest of mine to the meeting tonight." Remus said leaning against the mantle. "Said something about you two would be working together anyway, so might as well meet before tonight."

"Guest? What guest?" She said but the sound of an opening door from behind them had her turning towards it with a raised wand.

A young guy with wavy dark brown hair came into the living room. He wore a gray loose t-shirt and jeans that were worn with holes in the knees. His green eyes looked to her and then to Remus who was still leaning against the mantle.

"It's okay, Ollie. This is our guest. Or I should say our newest member of the Order. Reid Hawthorn." Remus said casually. "Reid, this is Olivia Evans."

Reid's eyes widen in shock as he looked at Olivia. She slowly lowered her wand and reached out a hand to greet this stranger. Reid shook her hand, his expression of shock never changing.

"Nice to meet you." Olivia said kindly, but didn't like the amount of attention she was getting from him.

"Olivia Evans? As in-" Reid began to say.

"The girl that died in the Battle of the Department of Mysteries, yes." Remus answered nonchalantly. "Everyone that is outside of the order believes Olivia is dead, and it will remain that way. Do I make myself clear, Reid?"

Reid nodded. "Yeah of course." He shook his head a bit. "It's just odd seeing someone that's suppose to be dead."

Olivia smiled kindly, taking her seat once again. "Could have warned him, Moony." She said.

"Moony? So does that mean she knows-" Reid began.

"That I'm a werewolf, yes. Ollie is my niece, Reid." Remus answered taking a spot on the couch.

Olivia tilted her head studying the new comer. He had those familiar silvery scars that speckled Remus's skin. Reid had a scar that ran from the back of his ear down his neck and across his collarbone, or she assumed it did as it was hidden under the collar of his shirt.

"By the looks of your scars, I'm going to take a guess that you are a werewolf also." Olivia said sweetly, trying to make her words sound as just an observation not a judgement.

Reid walked over and took up a spot in the corner leaning on one of the dusty bookshelves. "You've got some scars yourself there, Red." He said with a bit of cockiness.

For some reason his words had her blushing. It was new to her, meeting new people with the scar on her face. Olivia hadn't realize that it would be a source that would gain her a bit of attention.

"A gift from our friend Greyback," Remus said sarcastically. Reid stiffened at the name, he looked from Remus to Olivia, a question forming in his eyes.

Olivia offered a smile, "But likely my scars don't make me dread the full moon. He scratched me in his human form." She said.

Reid let out a breath and relaxed. "Glad to know that you were luckier than some of us. Shame that he got a hold of that pretty face, though." He told her.

Remus cleared his throat, but Reid did not look away from Olivia, she folded under his stare and turned towards her uncle.

"You're to take him later to our meeting. Dumbledore will give you more information on what he needs you two to do." Remus explained. "I'm stopping by the Burrow with Sirius to see Harry, we'll see you both at the meeting."

"Harry will love that. Be safe," Olivia said, as Remus stood and took the fireplace to the Weasleys home.

Reid pushed off the shelf he was leaning on. "So tell me, Red, is this Harry Potter the real deal? Can this kid save us from You Know who?"

Olivia frowned, standing up. She headed for the front door, and looked over her shoulder at the young wolf. "He's the best chance we've got." She said opening the door and walking off the porch.

Heavy Footsteps followed her. Olivia took the stone pathway that was embedded into the mossy ground. Daisies peppered between the rocks.

"Lupin said that there were many people in this Order. Said we have to keep growing the numbers to stand a chance at this war." That deep male voice said behind her close enough to know he was on her heels.

"The Order has been working to get as many allies as we can. But we still don't have the numbers we need." Olivia answered, the path curving into the woods.

"Makes sense why Lupin has been joining the packs, then. To get more people." He said. "Where are we going?"

Olivia took a few more steps into the shadows of the tall trees. "We had to get out of the protection spells so that we can apparite." She answered turning to face him.

Reid didn't hesitate at all following her lead. He stood there with his sun-kissed skin, adjusting the waves of his soft brown hair.

The stars sparked to life above their heads in the navy blue sky. "Lovely night," Reid said admiring the sky. Olivia looked up, taking in the stars too.

They seemed to wink at her, as if the stars were aware of her attention on them. Some shined and sparkled, others flew across the sky.

"Looks like they think you're just as lovely too, Red." Reid said in a smooth tone. Olivia took her eyes off the sky to look at him, to find him staring at her.

"Stop that." She said quickly, a blush forming on her cheeks. She hoped that the darkness shielded her from him noticing.

He chuckled, "Stop what?"

"You know what!" She huffed. "Besides, compliments won't get you far with me."

"Why's that?" He cooed, stepping closer.

Olivia took a step back, clearing her throat. "Because I have a boyfriend."

Reid laughed again. "Well, I hope he knows how lucky he is then."

"Shew," she blew out, grabbing a hold of his arm. "Here we go." Was her only warning before twisting on the spot, taking them through time and space, landing in the alleyway down from Grimmauld place.

Olivia pulled her cloak tighter around her body, securing the hood on her head, before facing Reid who was leaning on his knees as if he was going to be sick.

"Next time, give me a little more time to be prepared before you just take off like that, it knocked the breath out of me." Reid said with a huff of air, standing up straight.

Olivia tried to conceal the smile and laughter bubbling up. "Apologies, but let's go. Headquarters is just down the street."

Reid offered his arm to her, like any gentlemen would. She rolled her eyes and walked passed stopping to peer out of the alley.

She turned and looked Reid in the eyes. In a low whisper, she leaned in and said, "Headquarters are located at Number 12 Grimmauld Place."

Reid nodded, and followed out of the alley behind her. They kept 10 feet between them.

Olivia stepped up to the stoop, and waited for Reid as he looked around in confusion and then slowly an awareness etched on his face. He joined her through the protection spells and together they entered.

People had already arrived. Taking their seats as they waited for the meeting to begin. Reid stuck to Olivia as they made their way through the house and into the kitchen, weaving through all the Order members.

"Red, wait. Red!" He hissed at her, as she snaked to where he uncles stood. Reid got cut off by a group of familiar twin redheads, who aimed for Mundungus, but pushed his way through.

Reid placed a hand on Olivia's lower back, when he got to where she stood. "First you about made me sick and now you just left me to fend for myself. What kind of host are you trying to be, Red?"

Before she could step out of his touch, someone gave an annoyed 'Ahem' behind her. Remus and Sirius gave her an amused expression before they fled. They both turned to see a very stern faced Charlie Weasley.

Reid lowered his hand off her back. Charlie came over and stood between her and Reid.

Reid made a face and nodded. "Let me guess, the boyfriend." He said.

"Yes. That would be me." Charlie said with a tinge of sarcasm. "Red's boyfriend."

"Reid, this is Charlie. Charlie this is Reid, he's a friend of Remus's." Olivia explained trying to loosen the tension that was building.

Reid extended a hand out, "Nice to meet you, mate."

Charlie shook his hand and quickly dropping it before he turned to Olivia. "When I seen Remus show up and you wasn't with him I worried. He said you'd be make it eventually but-" he let his words fall.

Olivia cupped his cheek, "No worries here. All is fine, love." She said softly, Charlie kissed her cheek. Reid cleared his throat behind them. They both looked to the man.

"Don't mean to interrupt, but Dumbledore just walked in. The meeting is about to start." Reid said kindly. Olivia grabbed a seat, Charlie pulled out the seat next her and sat down to notice that Reid had taken the one on the other side.

Charlie slide a hand onto her thigh and left it there.

"Good evening everyone. To get started, our first order of business is a new comer that's joined us." Dumbledore said to the room waving a hand towards Reid, who smiled to the crowd. "Reid has been able to assist in providing intell on groups that have been contacted by Voldemort and his followers to join his forces."

Olivia gave Reid a sidelong glance, he smirked back at her.

"Recently, Reid has been joining Remus with undercover work within the wolf packs. But the other day he got word that a clan of vampires have been contacted by known death eaters." Dumbledore explained.

"Because of this I believe it's time to move forward and set up an alliance between the vampires and The Order. So Reid will be placed on this mission. Along with Ollie." Dumbledore said, a few whispers were exchanged.

"Why Ollie?" Sirius asked. "She already has her hands full with other missions. And I won't pretend to act like I don't want my niece around a bunch of vampires, although I'm sure they are lovely people."

Remus spoke up, "There are reasons why Ollie was selected for this task, Sirius." Sirius looked to his friend and back to the headmaster.

"The leader of the clans has been known to frequent a local night club. Now, I believe it would throw up some red flags if older wizards as you and others were seen in the Red Cauldron." Sounds of agreement was heard through the room. "And while I'm sure any of our other younger members would do fine with the task, Ollie is a better delegate for negation."

Sirius looked like he would disagree but leaned back in his seat. Dumbledore turned to her. "Work with Reid. Set up a time and day for when the meeting will go down. Inform me and Remus of the progress made. I am sure you will handle the job well."

Olivia straightened her back and nodded. And just like that the headmaster moved on to the next topic. Reid gave Olivia a warm and welcoming smile.

She would have returned the gesture if it hadn't been for the way Charlie's hand tighten on her thigh and his face look full of anger.

Olivia laid her hand over his and gave it a squeeze. The anger faded slowly in his face. But she had a feeling that this was only the beginning of a rough time that was ahead.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.5K 382 39
Elodie finds herself stuck, she stuck holding the family business together. Her busy schedule of either working a dead end job or caring for her gri...
519K 14.6K 52
*WARNING! This book contains mature themes such as drinking, drug use, explicit language, mentions of suicide, sexual content, abuse, and more. Pleas...
56.7K 1.5K 82
***Not Edited: Read with that in mind*** You practically grew up a Weasley. Living right down the hill with your muggle parents, you were always curi...
214 8 7
DISCONTINUED FOR NOW Evangeline Weasley is the sixth born of the Weasley children. After the war she is living with her boyfriend Nathan. Her family...