The Way of the Future: Age of...

By TIMEMASTER101

Artemis woke with amnesia underneath the shattered remains of a once prosperous human civilization. He rememb... More

Awakening
1000 years of recovery
Two Worlds Connected
Adventurer's End
Military Mobilization
Princess of Atira
The First Battle
Kingdom of Atira
Artemis' actions
The Senadate Theocracy
Savior
Goblin Observation
The Princess Becomes the Queen
Survivors
Training Grounds
Proving Loyalty
Goodbye, R-324
Confrontation 1/2
Confrontation 2/2
Aftermath
The Little Girl
Infiltration 1/4
Infiltration 2/4
Infiltration 3/4
Infiltration 4/4
Operation Thunderstorm
Deviant
Someone From The Past
The Little Girl's Diary
The Vampire
Royal Assassination
The Highest Price
Walking Calamities
Two Ladies
The Metal Dragon
The Nine Gifts
Ambush
Upcoming Showdown
Wonder
Two Overlords
The Showdown 1/3
The Showdown 2/3
The Showdown 3/3
Valentine's Past
The Great Deities
Prelude To The War
Opening Shots
The First Battle In The Clouds
The First Army
Liz
Eve
A Smidge of His Past
Duo
A Storm Is Brewing
Escape
Melancholy
Who Are You?
Another One
The Storm
Offensive
A Peaceful Night
The Night Goes On
Dawn Breaks
Council Meeting
The Siege Starts
Atonement
Battle Of Titans
Aurora's Plight
Fight
The Last Army
Breakthrough
A Demigod's Wrath
Fallen Down
A Demigod's End
Nuclear Detonation
The Foothold Is Set
The Republic And The Empire
The Journey
The Dead Village
A Little Girl
Where Did They Come From?
The Necromancer
To Bulhin
Outside Bulhin
Explaining
Under Attack 1/2
Under Attack 2/2
Journey Back
Returning Home
Home Sweet Home
On The Void, Again
Monster Hunting
Dioz
That Night
Tales
Felix
Garfield
150 Years Ago
I'm Sorry
Operation Heretic
Officer
Project Marauder
Ah Shit, Here We Go Again
Final Battle Between You And Me
Goddess vs Machine
The Uncharted Forest
Neutronium
Runaway Maiden
Good Knight
Pandora
Work
Building A House 1/2
Meanwhile
Building A House 2/2
The Devil's Apple 1/2
The Devil's Apple 2/2
Proclamation
Reinhard
Visitor
Mercy
Down With The Count
Uprising
The Paladin vs The Knight
Securing
Loving Reunion
The Upcoming Storm
Demonstration Of Power
Count Dead
Angry Mob
Messenger from the Rising Sun
Before Their Arrival
The Leviathan
Battle of Titans(1)
Underwater Adventure
Spy
Dumbass
Pawn
Writing
Her Struggle
Before the Starting of the Battle
Battle of Demigods
World Items & God's Descent
Machine vs God
The Only Thing They Fear Is You
The Monster Within
The Blight
Revelations
Afterwards
Humanity
Reunion 1/2
Reunion 2/2
No Longer Alone
Welcome Back
Fair Trial
Be With You
The Next Morning
Ambush
The Cyclopes
The First Village
Interrogation
The Goblinmancer
Camping
Lair
Monolith
Torture or a Science Experiment?
24-Hour War 1/3
24-Hour War 2/3
24-Hour War 3/3
Our Ultimate Plan
The Monster You Created
The Fordalt Resistance
The Calamity Dragon
Project Number One Gun
The Fall of Humanity 1/2
The Fall of Humanity 2/2
Battle of Heaven and Mars 1/2
Battle of Heaven and Mars 2/2
I'll Always Be With You
Epilogue
Announcement(1)

Exploration

1.8K 87 45
By TIMEMASTER101

The Machine Army slowly poured from the wormhole, tearing down the building and replacing it with a dome. Hundreds of Drones, Enginner Drones, Recon Drones, Android Soldiers and other types of drones assembled.

Recon Drones were sent to investigate the outside area, Enginner Drones demolished the temple and built a dome in a matter of a few hours. Android Soldiers accompanied the constructors and scouts as the threat of an ambush from an unknown force was still lurking.

The operation lasted only a day, a dome was erected around the wormhole, the previous building which was concluded to be a temple of sorts was demolished in the process. Now, it was time to explore beyond the confinements of Earth. The Network was getting ready to exploit the other world.

A man along with two Elite Androids emerged from the wormhole, he was wearing a black trenchcoat, Primelium-flexible armor. His face was human-like. He was Artemis. The King of the Hive, the central core of the entire Network, a powerful machine.

"All Elites, report status"

"Drone E-3563 reporting, construction of dome complete, construction of energy plants and drone storages underway" An Engineer Drone hovers besides Artemis reported.

"Drone R-8570 reporting, scouting still in progress, a forested area designated as Reg 1 explored 70%"

"Android S-2448 reporting, unknown bioforms detected, non-hostile. No hostile actions against drones"

Everything is going smoothly, he thought. He walked outside to inspect the construction. bright white light from the constructor drones illuminated the cloudy night. Artemis wanted to see the night sky of this world, I guess I'll see it tomorrow.

Artemis walked around the construction sites as the two elite Androids followed him. He observed the thick treeline that surrounded them. A cold wind breezed through the branches of the tall trees, creating a pleasing melody that calmed Artemis' mind.

"This is nature, I forgot how pleasant it was"

Artemis was the central core of the Network, he had full control over all the simple AI that ran all the drones. Ensuring no deviancy to his power. Whatever his drones saw, he saw. Allowing him to make decisions on the spot.

He suddenly stopped walking as he observed one of the Recon drones as it ran through the forest. The drone was detected a heavy concentration of heat signatures originating from beyond the forest.

"Drone R-932, maintain vigilance"

"Affirmative" The drone replied. The drone sliced through the vegetation, forming a trail through the dense forest. It finally reached the outskirts of the forest. A wide field of tall grass stretched up towards a hill. A walled settlement was on the top of the hill, walls reaching 25-feet in height prevented observation of what was inside.

[Unknown Structures Found]

Artemis already had the idea that civilization was present in this world, a human civilization to be exact.

"Classify group of structures as Settlements"

[Affirmative, uploading classification]

A smile ran through Artemis' face. In his quest to rebuild Earth, he never once thought that bringing back life was possible, considered all options he had as non-reliable. With this wormhole between dimensions, not only will he be able to extract this world's lifeforce and transfer it to the Earth, he may be able to rebuild human civilization.

But, it wasn't all that easy. Over the past 1000 of repairing the Earth and researching the devastation. There was an odd discovery made by his research drones. The world had internal energy, this internal energy was present on the soil and the rocks that reached down to the core, this energy could not be harnessed nor could it be used, but from further analysis, it was concluded that the energy supported the life on Earth. It was called, Gaia.

Somehow, someone or something corrupted it. The energy was murky, traces of pure Gaia were found but in such small quantities, once exposed to the presently corrupted Gaia, the pure samples would either disappear or be corrupted as well. Due to this discovery, it was noted that if Artemis was to repair the Earth's Gaia and bring back life, he would need to find a way to overcome the corrupt Gaia by finding similar energy that could rival it.

This world presented the opportunity, but there was a catch. If he were to somehow find a way to transfer this world's Gaia to Earth's, it will kill everything on this planet. He often thought this when the wormholes first appeared, he didn't seem to care about the people who were living in this world if they died. It didn't process, he didn't feel any guilt nor a conscience telling him it wasn't worth destroying a planet and killing off its inhabitants.

He was still human, but it seemed there was no humanity left in him.

[Drone R-932, under attack]

Artemis snapped himself from his thought, one of his Drones was under attack.

A barrage of arrows poured on R-932, the arrows bounced off its titanium armor. The drone immediately drew out its two barrel guns out of its panels in its weapon system as the arrows kept on falling from the skies.

"Do not attack" Artemis ordered.

The drone still had its weapon drawn but replied in acceptance of Artemis' command. The drone quickly retreated into the treeline.

[Multiple entities emerging from the settlement, entities seem to be riding on other entities]

Cavalry! they were sending out the cavalry. Artemis didn't have complete Intel of what was to expect from this world and he couldn't risk losing a drone even if the weapons seemed primitive.

"Drone R-932, retreat to the base"

[Affirmative]

Drone R-932 fly through the forest with frightening speeds, dodging every trees and branches without touching them with its incredible reflexes. The cavalry from the walled city was stalled by the thick treeline, the captain, a renowned noble, spat on the grass.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

"Was that a new magic beast?"

The renowned noble placed his sword back on its sheet.

"I think so"

The cavalrymen then returned to the walled city. News of the new magical beast quickly spread through the city as rumors.

"Oh? A new magical beast? boys, this sounds like a new hunt for us!"

A group of adventurers who were famous for hunting magical beasts was more than excited to search for the new rumored beast. Unbeknownst to them, they were about to meet the end of their journey.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Kairos By leigh heasley

Science Fiction

841K 23K 28
Time travel is legal and Ada Blum is looking for love. But what happens when one of her charming bachelors from the past makes his way to the present...