Undiscovered Truths

By SunrisexCamren

Everyone has skeletons in their closets More

Prologue
Loss Of A Father
Mock Honeymoon
Old Faces
A Mysterious Stalker
Warm Welcome
Private Investigator
When Their Journey Began...
Problems Can Be Resolved
Work With, Having It
Unwanted Discovery
Barbecue
In The Fire
Downpour Before The Storm
Out Of The Dark
Everything Becomes Clear
Karaoke Bar
An Unforgettable Past
Nothing In Mind But You
Family Beach Day
Not An Easy Game
Complete Family Once Again
Couples Therapy
Shocking Discovery
Wrong Kind Of Love
In Question
Threat
A Disturbing Obsession
A Major Break Through
Confrontation
Legal Team
Taken To Court
Newborn
Epilogue

Taking Some Time Apart

269 23 3
By SunrisexCamren

Camila wakes up the next morning with a massive hangover. She groans as she sits up in bed and notices a glass of water and two Aspirin pills on top of a napkin on the nightstand. She grabs the two pills and the glass of water before downing them all completely.

The brunette sets the glass down on the nightstand before grabbing her phone.

On the lock screen, there's a message from Liam, and she clicks on it so their messages pop up.

Liam- Dinah went home last night and I was called into the studio today. It's just you and the house so don't wreck it

The brunette laughs softly as she presses on the message bar, her keyboard popping up, and she types back.

Camila- I'm not Dinah

She puts her phone in her back pocket and stands up as she walks out of the bedroom she's in. Camila walks down the steps and walks into the kitchen so she can start making herself some breakfast. The brunette doesn't want to but she needs to go back to her house so she can get some clothes.

After she finishes cooking herself up some breakfast and putting it on the plate, Camila sits down at the dinner table as she checks the time on her phone to see that it's 10:30 AM meaning the kids are at school and her wife is at work.

Camila puts her phone down as she takes a deep breath, her wife is at work, her boss is the man she cheated on her with, and is pregnant with his kid.

She grips her fork handle tightly as she puts her phone down and adverts her attention to finishing her breakfast.

After finishing her breakfast and washing the dishes, Camila locks the front door behind her as she calls an Uber.

Once the Uber arrived, picked her up, the trip was being a couple of minutes long, the Uber finally drops the brunette off by the sidewalk in front of her house.

Camila pays the Uber driver and gets out, closing the door before the car drives away.

The brunette stares at her house before walking quickly across the driveway as she inserts her keys and unlocks the door. She opens it slowly and steps in as she looks around while listening for any noise. Camila quietly shuts the door behind her as she jogs up the stairs, over to her bedroom, and opens the door.

She steps inside and looks around to see that everything is tidied up.

"It doesn't even look like she slept in here. She probably fucking didn't," Camila whispers to herself.

The brunette walks over to her nightstand table, opening the drawer and grabs a picture inside before she walks over, opening the door to her closet and walks in as she grabs a duffle bag and starts to shove clothes inside.

"Camila?"

The brunette freezes up mid-shoving clothes as she closes her eyes, hoping it's not true but then she turns around and sees Lauren standing there.

Camila shoves the last clothing in her bag and the picture before zipping it up as she stands up.

She tries pushing past her wife but Lauren stands her ground and doesn't let Camila slip past her.

"Don't... Please don't. I need to talk to you," Lauren says.

"Aren't you suppose to be at work?" Camila says.

The green-eyed girl shakes her head and looks down at her hands as she plays with her fingers. "I called in today. I threw up this morning," Lauren says.

Camila slides the strap on one of her shoulders and looks down at the floor. "It's just the pregnancy," She says.

"So... You're leaving?" Lauren frowns.

"No... I just... I need some clothes," Camila looks down at her bag.

"Camila! You're... You're cheek," Lauren says.

She steps closer but the brunette takes a step back as Camila covers the cut with her hand.

"It's fine," The brunette says.

"No. It's not bandaged up let me help you," Lauren says.

"No need Lauren," Camila says.

She pushes past her wife but the green-eyed girl grabs the brunette's wrist and spins her around causing their bodies to collide against each other.

"Please, you need to bandage it up or bacteria will get in," Lauren says.

Camila looks down at their feet as she fights against her body that wants to touch the green-eyed girl badly.

"I.. Fi... Fine. I'll let you bandage it up," Camila says.

"Come," Lauren says.

She reaches down and takes her wife's hand, leading them down the stairs and into the dining room.

"Stay here, I'll be back," Lauren says.

The green-eyed girl looks at her wife, biting her lower lip before walking down a hall.

Camila sighs and sets her bag on the floor beside her as she rests her arm on the dinner table.

She can leave, she knows she can but for some reason, she feels like she's paralyzed and can't move.

A minute or two later, Lauren comes back in and she fights a smile back.

"You stayed," The green-eyed girl says.

"I couldn't move. It's like my body paralyzed itself," Camila says.

Lauren pulls up a chair in front of her wife as she opens up the first aid and takes out the Steri-Strips. She scoots closer as she takes two out of the box then takes them out of their package. "How did this happen?" Lauren asks.

Camila bites down on her lower lip as her eyes look down. "I threw a whiskey bottle at a wall and it shattered then a shard flew back at me," She says.

"Why did you throw that bottle in the first place?" Lauren asks.

"Don't worry about it," Camila says.

She winces when Lauren brings a cotton ball that she put rubbing alcohol on, on her cut.

"I'm sorry," Lauren apologizes.

"It's fine," Camila says.

The green-eyed girl moves the cotton ball to the cut at the brunette's eyebrow due to the punch Zayn gave her yesterday.

"Can we talk?" Lauren asks.

"I'll rather do that than just sit here in silence," Camila says.

"What do you want to know?" Lauren asks.

The brunette finally lifts her eyes to stare at her wife's green eyes. "Why?" Camila asks.

Lauren bites down on her lower lip as she starts to put on the strips on Camila's cut that's on her cheek first.

"We had the twins and we adopted Sofia not long before that. I knew we were going to fall financially again and Zayn approached me. I sleep with him and he will make sure I progress, both my position and my salary. I was scared that we were going to suffer again and I didn't want Sofia and the twins to go through what Grace did. I did it for the kids, for our family," Lauren says.

"Why did you keep going?" Camila asks.

Lauren frowns as she puts one strip on the cut on Camila's eyebrow before she puts everything away in the first aid kit and closes it.

"I don't know. I guess he... Fulfilled my inner desires," Lauren says.

"And you didn't think I could? You should have told me even about the fact that you were scared that we were going to fall financially. You should have told me," Camila says.

"I... I know I should have. I know I should have ended things with Zayn but I'm just a goddamn dumbass, Camila. You and Grace have all the right to hate me and to leave me. If you want, I'll give you the divorce," Lauren says.

Camila stands up, grabbing her bag and swinging it across her shoulder. "I'll think about it," She says.

Lauren nods slowly as Camila walks past her and over to the front door as the green-eyed girl follows.

"I love you. I always did even when I was... With Zayn," Lauren says.

Camila stops mid-walk and grips onto the strap of the duffle bag.

"You're the only one I love. Then and now," Lauren says.

The brunette takes a deep breath as she walks closer to the door and puts her hand on the handle.

"I just want to tell you before you leave. You can leave me but please, don't leave the kids," Lauren says.

I don't want to leave any of you... Camila thought. She drops her hand from the doorknob and turns around as she drops her bag.

Lauren bites down on her lower lip as her wife closes the distance between their bodies and their lips.

Camila cups her wife's cheek and wraps her arm around her waist as she backs them up against the nearest wall.

"Camila-"

"Shut up," Camila growls.

She bites down harshly on Lauren's lower lip before sucking on it, making the green-eyed girl moan into the brunette's mouth.

Camila slowly pulls on Lauren's lower lip before releasing it as she steps back.

Lauren opens her eyes as the brunette walks back over to her bag and picks it up.

"So this it?" The green-eyed girl says.

The brunette swings the strap of the bag over her shoulder before walking back over to the front door, opening it. "I heard what you say. I just need to take some time apart from you so I can drink all this in," Camila says.

"Just don't drink. Not a lot at least," Lauren says.

"Tell the kids I love them," Camila says. She grabs her keys before stepping outside and closing the door behind her.

She hears a loud rumbling and she looks over to see the familiar black car driving in as it parks and the car door opens.

"Mrs. Cabello?"

"Alfred, hey," Camila smiles.

The older man walks over to her and shakes her hand. "Are you leaving, Mrs. Cabello?" Alfred asks, looking at the duffle bag.

"Just for a couple of days," Camila says.

"Is it because of what happened yesterday?" Alfred asks.

"How did-"

"Miss Sofia told me on the way when I was taking her and her brothers to school. Sorry for hearing into your private life, Mrs. Cabello," Alfred says.

"No. It's fine. I'm glad Sofia has someone that will listen to her and that she can trust. Plus, you have been working for us for so long that you became like family," Camila says.

"Can I tell you something, Mrs. Cabello?" Alfred says.

"I... Uh... Sure," Camila says.

"My whole time working here, I have gotten to know every single person in your family including you. I've gotten the opportunity to hear things that they feel like they can't tell anyone else in the family. And with Mrs. Jauregui, I know how much she loves you. I respect what people tell me in confidence in the car so I will not tell you what she said but just know, that she loves you beyond than you can imagine and I am guessing you do too despite what Mrs. Jauregui did," Alfred says.

"Can I tell you something, Alfred?" Camila says.

"Of course," Alfred says.

"I do. I do love her still. She was the only woman in my life and some part of me just wants to go back in there and forgive her, love her but my mind is full and well, she did cheat on me back in high school, making me believe Grace was my kid and then she cheated on me again for six years straight. First, because she supposedly did it for the family, and then she had desires that she thought I couldn't fulfill," Camila says.

"She broke the vows and disrespected the ring, I could understand what your feeling. I love my wife dearly but if she did what Mrs. Jauregui did, I wouldn't know what to do but eventually, you have to make a choice," Alfred says.

"I'll be thinking about it. Can you give me my car?" Camila says.

"Right away," Alfred says.

He takes out a remote control from one of his suit pant pockets and presses a button as the garage door starts to open.

Alfred takes the car keys from Camila and walks over as he enters the brunette car, turning it on, and driving it out of the garage.

He parks it next to the brunette before getting out as Camila walks around to the driver's side.

"Thank you, Alfred," Camila says.

"Of course, Mrs. Cabello," Alfred says, holding the door open.

Camila smiles at him and enters the car as the old man closes it.

The brunette rolls the window down and reaches out, wrapping a hand around Alfred's wrist. "Take care of my family for me," Camila says.

"When you are ready to come back, you will see that they were perfectly protected," Alfred says.

"Thank you, Alfred," Camila says.

The old man smiles and steps back as Camila puts the car in drive before she drives away.

She looks at the duffle bag beside her as she unzips it and takes out the picture. Camila looks down at her lap, at a picture of her and her family when Grace graduated high school.

"I don't want to leave you guys. I don't want to leave you kids but I need time. I need to take some time apart so I can... Drink in everything I just heard. I'll be back, I promise you. I promise I won't hurt you four and your mother," Camila says to herself.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.5K 809 20
After a full recovery, her old life feels brand new Sequel to Memory Loss
1K 63 28