Maybe This Time

By jadeycaneee

Book 1 "Two old friends meet again Wearin' older faces And talk about the places they've been" Y/N Y/L/N liv... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Epilogue
BOOK 2

Chapter 30

4.8K 173 93
By jadeycaneee

Scarlett's POV

It's been one week but shes still in ICU. Shes in an induced coma to allow her brain and heart to rest. For that week's shes been trying hard to fight for her life.

What happened is all over the news. We're on the headline. The cast was speaking for us since the media is not important to me. All of the security is all over the place.

Lizzie and Robert take over the media. Sebastian and Mackie always visit to get an update and to talk to Olivia. Evans and Hemsworth are here to entertain the kid while im talking to the doctors.

Olivia is under therapy. What happened to us that day is trauma. We're helping her to recover. Slowly, the Olivia we know is coming back. The only person we wait is her mama.

"Mommy when will mama wake?" Olivia asked, were outside the room since she can't be inside the ICU.

"I don't know when will mama wake up but I know she is. We just have to wait for her" I told her. She nods and looks at her mama who is still unconscious with tubes and wire.

"I miss her, mommy," Olivia said. I feel sad for my kid. She's been wishing this for so long now she has it but those bitches took it away from her.

"I miss her too, bubs," I said. We hug each other for the comfort that we need. I miss her so much, don't take her away from me and Olivia.

The beeping sound broke the peace.

"CODE BLUE!"

I heard the nurses shout. People around us are working so fast and I can't process my mind. The only thing I know; death is trying to get her, again.

"I NEED A CRASH CART IN HERE!"

"DOC SHES ON V-FIB"

"CHARGE TO 200"

"CLEAR"

"NO IMPROVEMENT"

"COME ON! CHARGE TO 250"

"CLEAR"

"YOU DON'T GET TO DIE, YOU HEAR ME! YOUR FAMILY IS WAITING FOR YOU!"

"PUSH ONE OF EPI"

"ALREADY IN DOC"

"CHARGE TO 300"

"But doc she can't take that shocked"

"JUST CHARGE TO 300!"

"CLEAR"

"Mama please don't leave me" Olivia yell while crying. I saw her again, almost dying.

"Mama please stay"

"She's stable for now but her lungs are failing if we can't find a donor within this day she's going to heart failure. I've been transferred her to the top list for the lungs. We can't wait for that long. She's having seizures. We can lose her" Doctor Pierce said.

"I'll find one and call all the Hospital around for her," Vicky said and run.

"Please do anything, just save her" I begged. If I could give my lungs I will.

"My lungs? Mama and I are with same blood" Olivia suggested. I bent down and talk to her. "Baby, thank you for that but you're too young to donate. You still have baby lungs" I explain. She frowned and tears threatened to fall, "but I want to save mama" I smiled at her.

"I know, Bubs. Mommy wants that too" I said.

"You're a good kid like my nieces and nephews in Seattle. But im sure your mama will fight. If you want to help, pray for your mama" Doctor Pierce said.

"I will call every hospital like what's Vicky's doing. I give you an update when we found one. Rest for a while, you need it for them. My residents are in eyes of her, don't worry about that" she said. I nod.

I don't know what to do with the fact that the person who shouldn't be here in the first place is battling with death every second that passed.

----

"How is she?" Y/N's mother asked. She's now taking care of Olivia while I talk to people I know.

"No improvements. She needs her now lungs or her heart will fail. I don't know what to do anymore. I can't even digest this situation we're in. We just want a complete family, is that too much to ask?"

"No, but for some people, yes. You have to be strong, she needs you to be strong, Scarlett. Even this situation happens it doesn't mean the world will stop."

I go inside the room. I wear an ICU visitor gown and mask. My body got weak at the sight of her; pale, wires and tubes connected to her to keep her heart beating, monitors scattered throughout the room, her who looks so peaceful sleeping.

I hold her cold hands transferring my warmth to her cold body. Caress it signaling her that im here.

In this cold place, I never want to be in, she's so pretty in that hospital white gown.

"We pray your coma is short, that it is but a gentle sleep that enables you to recover, for your brain, body, and soul to rest and heal" I stated. I contain my tears, the broken sobs craving to escape my lips.

"Olivia miss you and I. You can't do this to me, leaving me for good. Don't do that to me. Olivia needs you- I need you"

The things I try to control are now escaping my body.

"Don't die, please- don't go to the light- don't go yet- Y/N wake up, please im begging you to stay with us-"

"You make me can't leave alone- you make me dependent to you- I can't lose you again- I cant-"

"I love you so much- it didn't fade- it's just getting stronger every second of my life- you turn my world again- you and Olivia keep me breathing and alive- I love you, Y/N- I love you until eternity- wake up now, my love"

"WE FOUND A DONOR!"

Did I hear that right? Do we have donors? For real?

"See- we have now a donor for you so you have to keep going-"

I go outside and I see them happy that we have a donor.

"Who give her?" I asked them. They getting her out of the ICU to do the operation. The lungs can't wait and so she does.

"It's a man from another hospital. He got into an accident. I don't know any more details about it" Sarah said.

"Mama will be okay now?" Olivia inquired. "Mama will be okay" I repeat. We watched her go to the OR with the doctors and nurses.

"Stay with us"

---

It's been eight hours. This takes longer than we expect but it's fine as long as she will be okay, it's worth the wait.

Olivia is sleeping on my lap. She insists to stay and wait than being in the room. I can't say no to her.

There is no dignity in surgery, not in the pain nor the recovery, yet it is a form of hope and a fresh chance to enjoy the art of living well.

As time passed I'm getting more and more worried. You can't blame me, I've seen her reviving by them and my head can't stop thinking about bad scenarios.

--

Doctor Pierce came out, we all stand eager to know if it's successful or not. It better be successful.

Oh, God.

"The surgery is successful. The lungs are perfectly fit. It starts pumping when we put it. We still need her to be in ICU for more observation, we have to make sure her body won't deny the new pair of lungs" She said. I'm in tears and run to her and hug her tight.

"Thank you- thank you so much-"

"It's my job. Thank you for trusting me"

"Hey, mama is okay," I told Olivia. "Mama is okay? Can I see her?" She asked she still rubbing her eyes. "We can tomorrow. She's still healing"

"My mama is okay!" She shouts in delight. We chuckle at her.

She's okay. I can't wait to be with her.

-

"Mama you have to wake up. You promised were going to feed the ducks and we go to the beach" Olivia mumbled holding her mama's hand. She's standing in the chair. She's now in her recovery room. We're waiting for her to wake up.

"Bubs, mama is still taking a rest. Let her be" I said to this persistent kid.

"But shes taking rest for so long" she whines. I scoffed and shook my head.

"Shh. I'm sleeping"

we heard a raspy voice covering the room makes us shut our mouths. That may be quite one but hell that makes us silent.

"MAMA!" Olivia shout and hug Y/N. I stand up and check if shes awake.

"Ouch"

"Ops, sowwy"

"Y/N"

"I'm really in heaven" She mumbled trying to open her eyes. I'm confused.

"What?"

"Because I see an angel," She said smirking at me.

"Y/N!" She chuckles and opens her arms.

"We miss you, mama," Olivia said.

"I miss you too. It's not a good adventure. I almost see the Lord" She said.

"I miss you"

"I miss you too, my love"

"SIS!" Sarah yell and put down the take-out food.

She's about to hug her but she slaps Y/N's head first then hugs her. I giggle at them.

"What's that for?" Y/N whine.

"That's for making me cry because I thought I will lose my sister!" She said, shes wiping her tears. I handed her a box of tissue, she mouthed thank you, I nod and wink.

"Aww, my sister is worried about me" Y/N tease.

She's back. My lover is back.

"Of course, dumbass"

"Language. There's a kid in here"

"Still. Dumbass."

"Mom"

"Don't do that again"

"No promises"

"Y/N! YOU'RE AWAKE!" the boys shouted. I smile at the scenery. She is awake and happy and the people around her are happy because shes awake.

The day is full of how are you, what happened, are you feeling good questions. Olivia is on her mother's side, didn't want to leave her presence. My hands are holding her. I'm happy to feel her warmth.

We got interrupted by a knock on the door. We were all confused and alert at the same time. Y/N covered Olivia with her body and the boys are on the door ready to throw punches if needed.

The door opens, it's a young lady. She's much younger than Sarah about 2-3 years.

"Who are you?"

"I'm Ellie, your half-sister"

__________

HAPPY HOLIDAYS, PEOPLEEEEEEE, I LOVE YOU GUYS THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT. since it's Christmas, my gift will be fluff and a smut chapter for you. Are you already cheering? Horndog.

I'll be out for a while, but u try my best to give you an update, no promises though.

See you in the next chapter.
-jade

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

54.8K 1.1K 42
After taking a 23andme test for shits and giggles Y/N finds out that she is related to world-famous actress Scarlett Johansson. A once normal 18-year...
63.1K 1.7K 22
[SHORT STORY | COMPLETED] {In short: Your dad's new relationship is getting serious which means you have to meet his girlfriend. Little do you know i...
733K 25.3K 101
Y/n is on her way to New York to start a new life there. On the train she meets a blonde woman and her daughter. They start to talk and turns out, th...
30.5K 1K 29
Y/N had always been in love with her costar, Scarlett, but something had always stopped her from pursuing it. Truthfully she was scared of losing her...