The Other Lightwood. (Jace He...

By izzy1d2001

Rosalie Sage Lightwood. Older twin sister to Isabelle, and younger sister to Alexander. When she was... More

#1
#2
Important Please Read!
#3
#4
#5
#6
# 7
# 8
#9
#10
#11
#12
#13
Important
# 14
I'M SO SO SORRY!!!
# 15
# 16
# 17
# 18
PLEASE READ.
IMPORTANT
#19
#20
Please Read
#21
So So Sorry!!!
#22
Thank You!
#23
#24
#25
#26
#27
#28
#29
Author's Note
#31
#32

#30

1K 18 3
By izzy1d2001

Rosalie sat in her room, on her bed, drawing and listening to music.

She didn't realize Jace was standing there, until she felt herself being watched.

She looked over, seeing Jace standing there with a small smile on his face.

"Oh, hey. What's up?" She asked as she took her headphones off.

"I want to apologize." He said, walking over to her.

"For what?" She asked confused.

"For never taking you anywhere that didn't involve seraph blades or Magnus' apartment."

She smiled looking down for a second.

"Look, I know I've been preoccupied lately. I'd like to make it up to you. What do you say we do something normal?" He continued.

"Jace, you don't consider a day normal unless you come home covered in ichor." She teased.

"No, I don't." He said, sighing slightly.

"But what about you?" He asked.

"Well, I could use some fresh air. I don't really know."

"What would you say to dinner? Tonight, someplace mundane. Just the two of us." He asked, knowing she liked some mundane places.

Rosalie smiled.

"So, like a date." She said.

"Yes.  Yeah, a date." He chuckled slightly.

"Okay. Yeah.  Where?" She asked.

"Uh... it's a surprise." He told her, which was half right.

He had something planned for after dinner, but he didn't know where the dinner was going to be at.

"Oh, Okay." She started, getting up on her knees, putting her arms around his neck.

"Than I can't wait." She gave him a kiss on the cheek, smiling slightly.

~~~~
~~~~

Jace made his way to where Izzy was.

She was in the weapons room.

"Don't tell me you broke your stele again..." she told him.

"Nope." He waved his stele in the air a little bit

"I actually was hoping you could give me a dinner recommendation. It's finally happening."

Izzy looked up, smiling.

"Finally. And I'm sorry, but you're asking the wrong Lightwood. Alec and Magnus have been to every restaurant in New York."

"Yeah, but... being Rosalie's Parabatai, I figured you'd know more than Alec would. I need this to be perfect Izzy. It has to be, for her."

"You know, if you were with anyone else, I'd ask you who you are and what happened to you." She joked.

"Very funny. And for the record, I've been on tons of dates."  He said leaning on the desk.

"Yeah, with who? Your... book club?"

"Among others... yeah."

"But never with a girl you actually really care about."

"Exactly. And this is different. This isn't just a date. You know that."

"I do. And I really don't know. Maybe ask Clary. She would know more than me."

He sighed slightly before going to see Clary.

He knocked on her door, going in when he heard the 'come in.

"Hey. What's a good mundane restaurant?"

"Well..." she listed a few.

~~~~
~~~~

Rosalie got ready later that night, deciding on a dress that wouldn't show much of her stomach.

She met Jace and the two made their way.

They walked into the restaurant.

"Wow. This place is amazing!" Rosalie said, once she walked in the door.

She looked around at the place.

"Tell me, how did you hear about this place?" She asked, knowing he had to have heard from someone.

"Oh, you know. I hear things." He said.

"Uh huh." She smiled.

"What's the name of the reservation?" A worker asked.

"The what? The reservation?" He asked.

Rosalie decided to step in and help.

"Do we need one?"

"I could squeeze you both in at a communal table. If you're ok with that?"

Jace shared a look with Rosalie, and before he could speak, Rosalie cut him off.

"That would be perfect. Thank you."

"Ok." The lady said, leading the way.

Rosalie took Jace's hand, following her.

The two saw Simon and Maia at the table.

"Rosalie." Simon said.

"Hey..." She said.

The two sat down beside them.

They started talking a little.

Soon Maia asked for cocktails for them all, except Rosalie, who had water instead.

"Ok. I have kind of a personal question for you." Rosalie said to Maia who was beside her.

"Go for it."

"What happens to your clothes when you.... you know..." she did claw hand gestures.

"Wolf out?" Maia asked.

"Yeah." Rosalie laughed.

"Um... Nothing good. I've shredded some of my cutest outfits that way. It's kind of wolf protocol to stash pairs of pants all over town."

"Smart! Have you ever tried... this might sound weird, but... spandex?"

"Have you ever seen a wolf in spandex?" Maia laughed slightly.

"It's horrifying."

"Well, my, uh... deepest condolences to your wardrobe."

"Don't worry about it. You know I still think I'd want to be a werewolf over a Shadowhunter. I don't think I could remember all of those runes."

"Um, it's actually not that hard. You just kind of stick to your favorites, like strength, or speed, or iratze." Jace added in.

"Anyway..."

They continued to talk, finishing their food, before it was time to go.

"Uh, well, the food was great..." Maia said as they left.

They all agreed.

They said their goodbyes, before walking separate ways.

Jace stopped at the end of the sidewalk.

"I'm sorry. I wanted tonight to be perfect, not like this."

"Stop. This was perfect."

"There's one more thing, actually." He told her.

"Oh, ok. What is it?" She asked.

"You'll see."

He took her hand and started walking towards her favorite spot at the park.

Jace stopped.

"Wait here for a second." He told her before walking out of view.

She waited for him to come back.

After a few minutes he did.

"Okay. Ready?" He asked.

"Yes." She laughed slightly.

He led her to the spot he disappeared to.

She gasped slightly at the sight.

(Sort of. I imagine it with more lights in the darker area below the tree.)

She walked forward towards the middle, looking around.

"How?" She asked a little at a loss for words.

"I may have had a little help. I knew this was your favorite spot. I wanted to make the end of the night special."

"Jace... It's perfect." She said turning towards him and smiling.

"Good." He said taking her hands in his.

"Rosalie... I've never felt about anyone... the way I feel about you. When I met you I... I thought I knew everything, but you've shown me that there is so much more to being a Shadowhunter than just killing demons. You make me a better person. Your determination. Your love for your friends and family. The need to make sure everyone is alright before making sure you are alright yourself. Your sarcastic and sometimes smart-ass, but also caring and kind personality. That is who I fell in love with. That is who I'm having a child with. And I don't wish for it to be any other way. So Rosalie Lightwood..."

Jace pulled out a small box as he went down to one knee.

"Will you marry me?" He asked.

Rosalie took in a breath, she was at a loss for words.

She nodded at first.

"Yes." She quietly said.

He put the ring on her finger before standing up and kissing her,

~~~~
~~~~

When the two got back to the institute, Rosalie went to change into a hoodie and black skinny jeans.

She met the others at the ops center where Alec told them to meet.

Alec explained what was happening.

"You're gonna use the Angelic Core? Are you serious?! " Raj asked, clearly not happy.

"This is our only chance to stop the corruption.  We're gonna flood the ley lines with Angelic energy. Put an end to this, once and for all." Alec said.

"So your plan is basically divine Drano?" Clary asked.

Alec brought up a model image.

"The only problem is the Institute is not built on any ley lines... at least not yet. That's where Magnus comes in."

Magnus stepped forward, bringing up another model image.

"I know a spell that'll allow me to temporarily divert the flow of the magic at the core. Once the ley line's in place, you'll tap into the core and we can kiss the demonic corruption goodbye."

"Right. And what happens if a demon shockwave hits while you're using your magic? The core..." Raj changed the model.

"Will be totally exposed." He finished and the model disappeared.

"Well, that doesn't look good." Jace mumbled.

"If we're lucky, it'll only vaporize the Institute." Magnus said.

"But what if we're not lucky?" Izzy asked.

"Better not to think about that." Magnus said.

"This is a risk we have to take." Alec said.

"The whole point of building the Institute away from the ley lines was to avoid something like this. Why not just quarantine the warlocks outside the city?" Raj argued.

"Because kicking innocent people out of their homes isn't going to solve anything." Rosalie said before Alec could.

"Neither will blowing up the institute!" He raised his voice.

"Who do you think you are by saying those things?!"

"You can't just go around quarantining Downworlders!"

Izzy and Clary said at the same time.

"That's enough!" Alec said

Everyone stopped.

"This isn't just about the warlocks. You know what happened at the hospital. Everyone is at risk. We are under siege by a greater demon. It is our job to solve this problem. Evacuate the Institute. Essential personnel stay behind." Alec told everyone, before everyone dispersed.

Rosalie walked with Clary and Izzy, after getting geared up.

"Come on, move it! You don't want to be inside if this goes bad." Izzy said.

"We're not going anywhere." Raj said stepping away from the computer.

"Your orders were to evacuate." Jace said as he walked up.

"Yeah, I know the orders. Look, I'm all for helping out the Downworlders,  but we can't let Lightwood destroy the institute to do it. Without it, we leave New York completely defenseless."

"That is not your call to make." Clary said.

"Doesn't matter. I've already locked him out of the system."

"Then unlock it." Rosalie said, going to grab the front of his shirt.

He grabbed her arm with both of his hands pulling her arm away.

All she did was pull his arm down, twist it, and using that advantage to slam him on the table and hold him there. His face was pushed against the table as his body was bent over the table, leaning on it.

She held his arm at a painful angle behind his back.

"Now." Izzy said.

"Not possible." He said.

Rosalie moved his arm farther back, making him groan in pain.

"Even if it was... my answer would still be the same."

Rosalie held him there as Izzy tried to gain access.

"Can you undo it?" Clary asked.

"No... not anytime soon." Izzy said sighing.

"It's too late." She said again.

~~~~
~~~~

Later that night Rosalie found Izzy and Clary at the computer.

"Hey guys. What are you doing?" She asked putting her hands on the desk to lean on it.

"I am looking for any news on this greater demon." Izzy said not looking up.

"And I'm trying to keep her and myself awake...." Clary trailed off as she looked over, catching a glimpse of Rosalie's hand.

"Omg! Is that what I think it is?" Clary asked excited.

Rosalie slightly confused, looked down.

She chuckled slightly, realizing what she was talking about.

Izzy looked up at that.

"It is. Yes." 

"Congratulations Rosalie!" Izzy said giving her a hug.

Clary said the same thing, also giving her a hug.

Soon Clary went to bed, and Rosalie soon after followed. Instead of going to her room she went to Jace's room.

"Hey." Jace said as he watched her walk in.

He moved over and she lied down beside him.

She rested her head on his chest as he put his arm around her.

Soon they both were out cold.

"Jace..." Rosalie said.

He woke up and looked over.

Her breathing was shaky.

He looked down and saw her bleeding from her stomach.

"Rosalie?" he whispered.

"Why?" Her voice broke slightly.

Never once did she stop looking at him.

He looked over at the weight in his right hand.

Bringing his hand up he saw the dagger with blood on it.

Jace shot up, gasping, waking up immediately.

He looked over to see Rosalie on her side, asleep.

He let out a breath, before getting up.

He knew he wouldn't be able to sleep that night, so he got dressed.

Before he left the room, he covered Rosalie in a blanket and kissed the top of her head.

He went down towards the ops center, seeing Izzy still awake.

"Izzy, it's 3AM. What are you still doing awake?" He asked her, coming down the stairs.

"I was gonna ask you the same question, but...    How did that date go? I already know she said yes, but how'd it go?"

"Could've been better, but she had fun. That's all that matters. And now, I'm just not tired. Call it all the nerves, I guess."

He leaned against the back of her chair.

"Look, Izzy, why don't you go get some sleep? I can keep searching through this footage for you." Jace told her.

"Its not the searching I need help with. Check this out. " 

She played a video.

A demon, was hovering over someone. Possessing him.

"I've never seen a possession like that before."

"Just keep watching."

She zoomed in on the demons face, pausing it.

"What kind of demon is that?" She asked.

The demon had an owl like face, almost leathery looking.

"I have no idea... but whatever it is, we have to stop it." Jace told her.

Izzy soon switched with Jace and went to bed, while he stayed up watching footage.

A/N: HOPE YOU ENJOY THIS. IT MIGHT NOT BE AS LONG AS THE OTHERS BUT... ITS STILL AN UPDATE. HOPE ITS NOT TOO CHEESY. LOL.  BTW, I'M GOING FOR THE MORE MUNDANE WAY OF PROPOSING AND THE WHOLE MARRIAGE.  I MEAN, YES, THERE WILL BE THE WEDDED UNION RUNES BUT IT WILL MAINLY BE MUNDANE. 😁

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

130K 2.8K 43
Olivia Wayland is Jace Wayland's younger sister. She grew up alongside Jace and the Lightwood siblings. She is in a complicated relationship with her...
27K 757 20
Zoey Frey is the twin sister to Clary Frey. On their 18th birthday, their lives get turned upside down. While Clary learns that her memories of an un...
94.2K 2.5K 34
Elizabeth Fray is the fraternal twin sister to clary fray. Even though they were twins they were nothing alike were clary was an artist and outgoing...
151K 3.3K 34
Clary Fairchild was to be protected by Mayla Stonehart. Years of hiding her true identity made Mayla live in fear every day and look over her shoulde...