My Insanity | Dream SMP x Rea...

By -chocolate-cupcake-

"The saddest thing about betrayal is that it never comes from your enemies." FEMALE READER 🔴there is no inti... More

Running
Welcome to the War
White Flags
Face to Face....Sorta
Rebirth
Secrets and Revelations
Kidnapped
Bad Energy
The Verge of Collapse
Duel of the Fates
The Execution
Wither
Before Its Too Late
He Knows
Back to the Overworld
The Election
Reunited Again
Decisions
The Wrong Decision
In Another Life
Edging Towards Insanity
The End of L'Manberg
Escape
New Beginnings
A Visit to Exile
Cursed
Mutual Enemies
The Egg
What if
The Beginning of Chaos
Things Are Getting Out of Hand
The Return
Crimson
A New Beginning
The Truth of Betrayal
Tommy's Manipulation
Technoblade's Execution
Roommates?
Welcome Home, Theseus
Targeted
When We Could Be Kids
See Through You
Just a Bedtime Story
History Repeating
As You Wish
Close Call
Ultimate Betrayal
Forever Different
Revived
Down With L'Manberg
Smoke and Fire
Something Isn't Right
They're Back
Long Live the Eggpire
One More Day
It All Makes Sense
Unknown Motives
Ancient Revenge
Race Against Time
Plan B
Uninvited
Out of Luck
End of the Line
Gone
Lost and Found
Dawn of the Disk War
Final Battle
The End of One Story...
Casino
Almost Alive
Can't Be Trusted
It Was You
No Way Out
Prison Break
Welcome Back to Exile
The Edge of the World
Ghost Stories
Back on Track
Creator of Chaos
Eternity
Stay
Missing in Action
What Comes Next
His Own Creation
Someone
To the Edge
Family Reunion
Warden
Fractured
Visit to Exile Island
The End of Tyranny
One Last Time
Beginning of the End
Not Quite Human
Who's the Real God Here?

Never Safe

1.9K 84 45
By -chocolate-cupcake-

Story note: for story progression purposes, I'm changing the area where Dream confronts Sapnap about getting his armor back.

"So you're honestly saying that the previous president, who we all saw die, is standing right next to me?" Quackity asked.

Quackity, Wilbur, and Sapnap stood around Y/N in utter disbelief from her claims. Each of them exchanged glances with the other, and Quackity glanced over to the empty space around him, as if Schlatt would appear to him as well.

"I told you they wouldn't believe you." J. Schlatt said, laughing to himself. "I mean, it's Quackity we're talking about."

Y/N couldn't help but laugh at the remark.

"What?" Quackity said, turning to where he imagined J. Schlatt would be standing. "What did he say? What did you say? Y/N tell me now."

"I thought you didn't believe me." Y/N responded. Quackity paused, and crossed his arms in defiance.

"You're right. I don't." Quackity said, turning away in protest for several moments, before turning back again in defeat. "But in theory, if I did-"

"I'll give you some choice words to tell him." J. Schlatt said, before naming out a long list of inappropriate insults, many of which Y/N had no understanding of their meaning. Some of the terminology made no sense, but was evidently vile nonetheless.

"I am NOT repeating that" Y/N responded to J. Schlatt.

"WHAT DID HE SAY?!" Quackity asked again, pulling out his sword. "I swear I'll be the reason you die twice. Where are you?!"

Quackity began swinging the sword at the air aimlessly. Revivebur, Ghostbur, and Sapnap all watched him with expressions that made Y/N look like the sane one.

"So, are we choosing to believe the whole ghost story?" Revivebur asked.

"No one asked for your input." Y/N responded. "And it's not a story, they're there."

Revivebur exchanged a look with Sapnap, who shrugged.

"You think I know anything about this?" Sapnap asked. "She was on your side of the war."

"I guess it could be part of that curse she's got going on." Revivebur said, nodding to himself.

"Don't act like you know shit." Y/N said. "I only told Tommy and Tubbo about that while you were still here."

Revivebur turned suddenly with a cold glare to face Y/N. Something in him had snapped. His patience for his old comrade instantly dissipated.

"Yea, well, news flash, everyone who doesn't live under a fucking rock knows all about it now." Revivebur said. "At least I am actually trying to help rather than use you like everyone else!"

Y/N sat back in shock from the sudden outburst. She looked over to Wilbur's ghostly counterpart, and he shrugged in return.

"I'm going outside to get some fresh air." Revivebur said.

"That's a lie." J. Schlatt said, laughing.Y/N looked over at Schlatt thinking he was going to offer something useful. "He's probably going to go punch a wall, or stab something, or someone. I wouldn't try to stop him, or you might be that someone."

Revivebur exited the room, slamming the door behind him, and with him went Ghostbur, but not before turning around to offer a small wave goodbye.

Interesting. It seemed where one went, the other followed.

It must be some rule with deceased spirits. Maybe Schlatt was somehow bonded with Quackity in a way.

"Yea, I don't want any part of whatever life crisis crap you have going on. Count me out." Schlatt said, before exiting the room alone.

Maybe not.

"I'm out of here." Quackity said. He stopped on his way out to look at Y/N once more. "You know, you should take it easy on Wilbur. If it was me that found you, I would've left you for Dream. Or to die. Whichever came first."

"Good to know I'm staying under the roof of someone with an amazing conscious like yourself." Y/N responded.

Quackity shrugged.

"Just business." He said, before exiting, leaving Y/N and Sapnap alone.

Sapnap stood still, awaiting some sort of insult from his former enemy.

"Thanks." Y/N said.

Sapnap looked up abruptly upon hearing this.

"What?" He asked.

"For you know, saving my life and such." Y/N responded. "Why'd you do it, anyway?"

Sapnap took several moments to respond, looking outside thoughtfully. He looked...well sad in a way. Like he had just lost someone close to him.

"Listen, Dream and I used to be close friends." Sapnap began.

"You think I don't remember that? Your only redeeming quality back then was complimenting my cooking." Y/N said dryly, folding her arms together.

"Yea. Sorry about the whole 'using you as leverage and trying to harness the power of your curse to use to our advantage in war' thing." Sapnap said, scratching the back of his head in an awkward manner. "Trust me. I've seen what Dream is like now. He doesn't care about anyone. Not me, maybe not even George. He only cares about power."

"Took you long enough to realize that." Y/N responded.

"Listen, you were friends with him too. You know how he is. He tricked us all." Sapnap said. He sighed before continuing. "Part of me still wants to believe he wasn't always this way. That the war made him how he is. That maybe he's just doing what he thinks is necessary. But each day I live to see him screw up the second chances he's given shows me that isn't true at all."

Y/N nodded for a moment, coming to a resolution in her head. She began standing up out of bed slowly, wincing as a sharp pain shot through her abdomen area.

"You- probably shouldn't get up." Sapnap began to protest.

"I can take care of myself." Y/N responded. Sapnap contemplated responding with a sarcastic comment regarding her getting injured in the first place, but decided their alliance hadn't progressed to a level of friendship that would warrant that.

"Where are you going?" Sapnap asked.

"I have to find Tommy." Y/N responded, moving towards the door everyone else had exited through. Y/N stopped suddenly as she caught sight of someone else on the other side of the glass door.

He wore a white shirt and dark colored pants and overalls. His hair was light brown and he was....covered in slime? He was practically pressed up against the door, smiling and waving aggressively at Y/N and Sapnap.

"Who the hell is that?" Y/N asked, gesturing at the doorway. Sapnap followed Y/N's pointing finger, but saw no one outside.

"Don't know if you've caught on yet, but you're the only one who can see ghosts." Sapnap responded.

"Oh. Right, sorry." Y/N said, looking over at the strange spirit in the doorway. The goo-covered spirit continued to smile and wave. Y/N awkwardly waved back, hoping that would make the ghost stop, but he only became more energetic.

Y/N turned back to face Sapnap, but could tell the spirit was still waving her way.

"Seriously Y/N, don't you think going to find Tommy is a bad idea? Dream knows you well enough to know that's exactly what you'll do." Sapnap said.

"Fuck him. I'm not going to hide away here of all places while I wait for him to come and get me. I'm going." Y/N responded. She paused at the door once again. "Thanks again."

"You got it." Sapnap said. "I know we started off as enemies, but you're cool Y/N. If you need anything, let me know."

Y/N opened the door to let Sapnap out, and turned back, realizing her sword wasn't on her belt. She looked over, and saw it sitting on the table by the medical bed. She walked over and retrieved it, before returning to the door and reaching for the handle. She braced her arm to swing open the massive glass door, but froze.

"Sapnap! It's so good to see you!" A voice said from right outside.

Y/N stepped away from the doorway upon hearing the conversation right outside the room she was in.

Because she knew that voice.

It was Dream.

A:N

Hello everyone! Sorry it's been so long since I've updated! Now that the story is caught up to recent lore, it's a bit harder to come up with ideas.

Anyways, feel free to leave suggestions! I'll be updating my other books soon!

Have a great holiday season! Bye!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

59.7K 1.3K 28
ᴍᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛᴏᴍᴍʏ ᴀʀᴇ ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴋɪᴅs. ᴋɪᴅs ɪɴ ᴀ ᴛᴇᴇɴ ʀᴏᴍᴀɴᴄᴇ ɴᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴍᴏʀᴇ, ɴᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ ʟᴇss ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ You are dreams sister and...
33.1K 1.3K 73
"and we burn each other but it could be better. we'll burn together." ₓ˚. ୭ ˚○◦˚.˚◦○˚ ୧ .˚ₓ IN WHICH an assassin finds herself with a mission that ch...
2M 76.9K 34
"You remember what I said a few months ago?" Alex asked. "About when you hit one million subscribers?" You thought for a moment, sorting through your...
48.4K 2.1K 58
"You're a real force to be reckoned with, and I have so much respect for how you handle yourself. But for some reason... I'm the exception." Dream x...