Costuming the Band

Da duskfairyhour

When Molly is hired to help costume a band for their new music video, she never guessed how much they would m... Altro

The Job
Home Sweet Home
Let the Fun Begin
Not the Right Ideas
Light is Art
Film is Powerful
Inseam Please
Ticking, ticking
I Will Always Love You
Start Me Up
Sunshine Makes Me Happy
Beth
Pour Some Sugar on Me
Skin
Let the Good Times Roll
Im leaving on a Jet Plane
Fireflies
Sunshine on my Shoulders
Don't Trust Me
I Want to Know What Love is
Helter Skelter
The Air that I Breathe
I Am Sorry
If You Leave Me Now
Don't think Twice, It's all Right
What is Life
Don't Let your Babies Grow up to be Cowboys
Some Days are Diamonds
Why Don't We Live Together
Skating Away
Magic Dance
Step Into Christmas
Band on the Run
99 Luftballons
Starry Starry Night
Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds
Hello, I Love You
For the Love of God
Bold as Love
You're in Love
Sweet Child of Mine
Isn't she Lovely
White Wedding
Goodbye Stranger (A/N)

Oh Tannenbaum

391 10 2
Da duskfairyhour

That night, after Josh and I's adventures with the kids, my family decided to open up presents. For actual Christmas, my sisters and I all planned on being with our significant other's families so we planned on doing the traditional stuff early. We exchanged gifts that we had gotten for each other but mostly watched as the kids got presents from my mother. I knew she was happy to let the kids open the gifts early so that they had more to play with for the next couple of days. 

"Here you go guys" my mother said giving both Josh and I a box. I looked to Josh and waited for him to open his first. Inside the red box there was a set of four frosted glasses and a pitcher along side two hand-crafted scotch glasses. 

Josh looked to me in astonishment to which I shook me head letting him know I had no idea. "Thank you, they are beautiful" he said taking one glass into his hand and holding it up as he looked to my mother. 

"Hand crafted in Colorado in a little town we would visit a few times a year. Molly's father and I have always said even if you don't use 'em, a good set of glasses look good atop any bar" my mother explained. "Besides everything tas-"

"Tastes better in a glass" I said finishing my mother's thought and looking up to her earning me a  small smile as she nodded her head at me. It was something my parents said a lot and I had always agreed with. Even water felt crisper out of a tall glass.

"Well I could not agree more. Thank you very much for the gift" Josh said before putting the glass away and moving the box off his lap. "Now you go" he said smiling at me. I knew that smile, something was up and I did not like that I was in the dark about it. 

As I opened the shallow box in front of me, all eyes were locked onto my actions. Under a layer of tissue paper laid a record unlike any I had ever owned. The front had a photo of my dad and I from when I was probably four as I sat on his lap covered in barbecue sauce from the rack of ribs in front of us. Flipping to the back there was a list of songs that reminded me of my father. 

Welcome to the Jungle

Come Sail Away 

Paradise By the Dashboard Light 

Tom Sawyer 

Dust in the Wind 

Let the Good Times Roll

Love is Everywhere 

My hands started to shake a little as I slid the record sleeve from the cover. The sleeve had a note written on it in my fathers hand writing. It was a note he had left me one summer when he and my mom spent three months apart and was one of the few times I remember him telling me he was proud of me. The reverse side said 'pressed with love' and explained a process in which ashes were used to make it. I slid the vinyl out slowly from the sleeve before holding a dark green piece of plastic in my hands. Josh's hand rubbed my lower back as I remained staring silently at the album. 

"Josh helped pick out the songs" Megan said pulling me from my thoughts. I looked up to her and then to Josh. 

"I was not that hard since you have a playlist on your phone dedicate to songs your dad taught you" he said so that only I could hear as he moved closer to me. "It was Jeana that reached out to me with the idea" he said motioning to my mother who sat on the couch with her hands clasped together so tight her knuckles turned white. 

"Thank you mom" I said with a smile. Her hands relaxed as shock flashed over her face for a split second before a smile took over. I knew it had been a VERY long time since she heard me call her that but it felt right. She did not say anything but once again gave me a head nod. "And thank you" I said turning to Josh and planting a kiss on his lips before hugging him tightly. He grabbed the record from my hand and slid it back into the cover before placing it on top of his box. I pulled his attention back to me and kissed him again. 

"Gross" Katie said making me pull away laughing. 

"Eyes" Josh said also laughing from Katie's comment. 

"What is so gross about kissin" I said getting up making my way over to Katie and placing little pecks all over her face making her laugh loudly. 

The rest of the night we all sat down and watched How the Grinch stole Christmas, the one with Jim Carrey. Josh and I cuddled up together in the love seat in the corner of the room with the dogs on our laps.  Bowen had crawled up to sit with us and he leaned against me to pet the dogs. "Sorry" I whispered to Josh as I looked over to him while I rubbed Bowen's back. He gave me a small chuckle and pulled my head to rest on his shoulder. 

I must have fallen asleep because before I knew it I was awoken by the morning sun pouring in from the skylights. Sitting up slightly I looked around to see Josh and I were still sprawled out on the love seat. The house was silent besides a slight wind that was blowing outside. "Why did it get so cold" Josh groaned without opening his eyes. I looked down and noticed that I had taken the blanket that was over us with me when I sat up. 

"Sorry" I said as I laid back down and covered him back up. 

"You know, this couch is comfier than your shitty mattress" Josh said as his hands hugged me close to him. The warmth from our bodies felt nice. 

"Well my mattress is is older than this chair." I took my head and nuzzled it into the crook of Josh's neck. 

"What is today's plan" Josh asked as his hands now traced along my hip.  

"Wir gehen auf den Markt" I said as I looked up to Josh's face and traced his mustache with my finger. 

Josh gave me a weird look before saying "one more time, please."

"Die Markt, wir gehen. Heute ist sehr kalt. Ein Jacke wird benötigt... I don't know if I am conjugating correctly anymore" I laughed. 

"We are going to a Christmas Market" Nathan said as he strolled into the living room. "Megan and Molly both just speak in German whenever the fuck they want." Nathan yawned and then continued into the kitchen to make coffee. 

"You speak German" Josh asked looking down at me surprised. 

"Ein bisschen" I replied laughing. "I took three years of it in high school and then used it a lot when my family would travel to Germany. I have probably said things and you did not even notice they were not English, hell I don't realize half the time when I slip into it." 

Soon the house was a live with sound as everyone was up and getting ready for the day. Josh and I had gone downstairs and got ready while everyone ate breakfast. I had found a sweater with primary colors that made up a geometric pattern and paired it with a pair of blue jeans and my Docs. Josh was wearing his usual but added a white sweater over his long sleeve for warmth. I put a sweater on Frank and Barry to make sure they stayed warm before getting their harnesses on. 

The market was about a 20 minute drive from my mother's house and packed even with it being around noon. "Weihnachtsbaum" Megan said pointing to the Christmas tree for her kids, "und Lebkuchen."

"And a beer house" Nathan said poking fun of her. 

"Es tut mir leid, Ich vergessen. Er sprecht Deutsch nicht" I said elbowing Nathan in the side to stand up for my sister against his loving joke. 

I went over to get us some warm Christmas wine so we could keep warm while be walked down the aisles of the wooden huts full of sweets and ornaments. 

"Aunt Molly what does this say" Bowen asked pointing to one of the Lebkuchen. 

I picked him up and rested him on my hip so he could get a better look. "That says 'Ich liebe Dich' and it means I love you" I said. 

"Ich liebe Dich"  Bowen repeat looking up to me. I laughed a little before kissing Bowen on the tip of his nose which was red from the cold. 

"Ich liebe Dich" Josh said as he put his arm around me and also Bowen since he sat on my side. 

"Ich liebe Dich mehr als die Sterne" I said turning to him and kissing him deeply before resting my head on his shoulder. Josh got the attention of the stall owner and purchased one of the decorative cookies. 

"Lovely little family" the tiny woman said as she handed us the gingerbread all wrapped up. Great not this again! We simply waved thank you and walked away before Bowen could say anything else. 

"Megan your kids apparently look better with Josh and I because we have just received our third complement on 'our little family' from older ladies' I said as we sat down next to my sister and her husband in the beer garden. Bowen sat on the other side of Nathan to be with his sister and color in one of the books Megan had brought for them. "Where is Mel and Katie" I asked looking around. 

"Jeremy took them to pet the goats" Megan said before taking a swig of her beer. 

Just then the music started and the band played. My eyes went wide as I got excited. "Josh do you know how to polka?"

Josh gave me an eye roll. "I am from a German town" he started to jokingly brag before I cut his thought short. 

"Great so you do, come on" I said grabbing his hand and pulling him towards the dance floor while placing the dog leashes from Josh's hands to Meg's. 

"Save me" he called to the rest of the group as he jokingly tried to get away. 

We started out very rough as we stepped along with the people around us. Luckily the others were either already drunk or there to help so we were rather mediocre for the crowd. Eventually, we got the groove of it and danced along to three songs the band played only stopping when they took a break. 

"God I have not done that in years" I said laughing and leaning into Josh. 

"Yeah, you use to Polka a lot back in your day" he joked. 

"We had to learn to pass my junior year of high school German" I explained. 

"Well the kiddos want to see the horses and goats so we are gonna head that way. Mom said she is gonna stay there since she was already over there with Mel. Here are your babies back" Megan said as she handed me the two dogs leashes and picked up her beer. "Also here are mom's car keys. I don't know how much more of this the kids will handle so we might head back soon and we will drive mom home with us. Stay however long you guys want, it is Christmas time after all and now we are old enough to make our own fun." 

I smiled at Meg as she took her kids' hands and headed out the entrance of the tent. "And then there were two. Well, four" I said looking down at the dogs. 

"Such a dork" Josh laughed as he took my chin in his hand and gave me small kiss. 

We refilled our cups of spiced wine before heading out of the tent and seeing the rest of the vendors. One man was selling handmade woven baskets and Josh fell in love with a few that he just had to buy. While he was doing that I found a beautiful wooden box with little gold stars that decorated the outside. I knew Josh would love it so I purchased it without him noticing. On our way out of the market we stopped by and got some food as we had gotten rather hungry. "Yum sauerkraut, the sexiest of foods" I said as I lifted a fork of steaming fermented cabbage to my mouth. 

"Yeah we are not gonna be kissing for awhile" Josh said as he shared the serving with me. "Ok where to now, we are downtown." 

"Do you really want me to show you around" I asked knowing it would not be as cool as he must have thought. 

"Show me all your secret places" he said in a dramatic fashion. 

I gave in and took his hand "then where to first?" 

We walked all-round downtown and I showed Josh the places I frequented as a high schooler. We walked through the sculpture park and I showed him a few cool antique stores that were in some old buildings. I even took him to the place my old job was at where I worked the front desk for an office building. Eventually we found ourselves in my favorite place, the swing set. It was shaped like a fishing pole and sat just out of view from the main road. It was a place that I always ended up at the end of the night. Out at the bars? Sober up on the swings for awhile. Just saw a show and traffic is a bitch? Wait for it to clear while you swing. We had actually been out walking for so long the sun started to set like it always did early on winter days. 

The rest of the night went by quickly as we made Swedish Wishing cookies as a group and all silently ate them in hopes our dreams came true. 

The morning of our last day had arrived and I was hoping my plans were going to work out. My sisters and their families had actually headed out right after breakfast so just Josh and I remained in my mom's house. Even my mom had made plans with her friends for the better part of the day so the house was very empty.

We were cuddled up on the couch watching Elf when my phone rang. I leapt from the couch and answered it quickly going into the other room so Josh would not hear me. 

Lucky for me my plans were turning out exactly like I wanted. "Are you dressed for the day" I asked leaning over the back of the couch and moving a few curls from Josh's face. 

"Yes... why... what are you planning in that mind of yours" he said looking up to me. 

"It is a surprise. You are not the only one that can plan those" I said poking his nose. "Now come on someone is waiting for us" I said grabbing our coats from the hall closet ad throwing Josh's at him. 

The whole car ride Josh kept asking questions about where we were going and would not stop until we pulled up to a tattoo shop. That got him to shut up real quick. We walked inside and I was greeted by a face I had not seen in years. "Molly" he said taking me into a quick hug, "ok let us see how they are lookin. I know you take good care of these bad boys." I stuck out my arms and moved them around before going onto my legs to show off the rest of my line work. 

"I have come a long way since my first couple huh but they still look great" I laughed. Turning around I saw Josh a few feet away from me white as a ghost. I went over to pull him to the conversation. I knew his mind was racing but it was cute to see him freak out just a tiny bit. I rubbed his back as we went over to the counter where pieces of paper were laid out with a variety of designs. 

"Nice to meet you man. I am Tony, a long time fried of Molly's and artist that did her first three pieces" Tony said sticking his hand over the counter for Josh to shake. 

"Great to meet you" he said still hesitant and shaking his hand. 

"So anything sticking out to us" Tony said returning the papers. 

"I am liking this one" I said pointing to a simple rose that had a thorny vine that wrapped around the Stardust Chords symbol. I looked over to Josh who was looking directly at me "I think it would look good on MY side, don't you think?" I watched as relief and realization washed over Josh's face. 

"Your side" he repeated. "Yeah I think-" he stopped taking as he looked down at the deigns truly taking them in for the first time. "These are from the song" Josh said pointing. 

I laughed and took his hand. "Yes, this tattoo is dedicated to my first music video, who knew it would bring me the things it did" I said kissing Josh's hand. 

"Well then I love it. Whatever you think will look good will look amazing" Josh said as he placed a kiss on my forehead. 

"You guys are the kind of cute that make me slightly sick" Tony said picking up the design. 

"Watch it mister" I said with a stern point. 

Tony just laughed "Ok I will get this on transfer and we will start in a few if you want to head back to my table." 

We did as we were told and I sat up on the table while Josh found a set next to it. "Tony seems cool" Josh said as he traced my knuckles with his thumb.

"He is. His sister was a friend of mine in high school so he was like a brother I never had... hey look at me now though I have Jake and Sam ad Danny that I would say the same thing about." My comment made Josh smile as he continued to play with my hand. 

"Ok here me go missy" Tony said as he motioned for me to remove my tshirt. "Right about here" he asked tracing the area on my side next to my ribcage making me shake my head yes in agreement. After pressing on the transfer he let me check it out in the mirror. 

"Perfect as always" I said returning to the table. 

"Then let the games begin" Tony said as he got his gun ready and I got comfortable on the table. 

"Does it hurt" Josh asked about five minutes into the session. 

"I mean yes but not in an awful way if that makes sense" I said looking at his concerned face. 

"That sounds like you are a masochist" Josh said with a smirk. 

"Naw that's a different kind of pain and pleasure" I said trying not to laugh for Tony's sake. "I usually sleep when I get them done. It is uncomfortable but also consistent." Josh simply shook his head to let me know he understood what I meant. 

For the next hour Tony asked Josh and I lots of questions. I caught him up on all that I had been doing for all the years I had been gone and then Josh told him all about the band. Tony even got us to explain the whole video thing and how we met each other. Josh held my hand the whole time but I think it brought him more comfort than it did me. It was cute to watch his face as he studied Tony's movements though. "All right we are done" Tony said helping me sit up slowly on the table and handing me a mirror. 

"It is beautiful Tony, I love" I said twisting and turning to see it move on my body. 

"Great, then let us wrap it up and get you guys out of here" Tony said wiping my side with the paper towel again. 

"Tony, you have any other clients today" Josh asked as he stood next to me to get a good look at the tattoo. 

"Naw shop was closed today but I couldn't not say no to Molly here." Tony gave me a smile as he said this. 

"Are you available to do another tattoo" Josh asked still looking at my fresh ink. 

"Joshua what are you asking" I said pulling his chin to look at me. 

"I had an idea" was all he said to me in response. 

"Hell yeah dude, just let us wrap this up and we can sketch some shit up for you" Tony said at he applied a wrap to my side. I was very excited for my ink sack to develop. 

"Ok, go over there for a little" Josh said as Tony got out his iPad to start sketching Josh's idea. 

"Hey this was me doing a surprise and you are hijakkig it" I said jokingly annoyed while I walked to the other side of the shop to look at the photos that plastered the wall. It only took about ten minutes before I heard Josh calling me back over to see the design. 

"Ok so remember that one day where I met you by the river and you jokingly said you were gonna brand me?" I shook my head yes to Josh. "Well this is my idea" he said turning the tablet to reveal a firefly design. It was very masculine and had a feel almost like it was a digram from a textbook. 

"I mean... it is beautiful but are you sure about this" I said looking deep into his eyes. 

"I have never been more sure. Besides you are the one that always says tattoos should be fun and they act as memories" Josh said. 

I threw my hands up in self defense as he had used my own words to justify his actions. "Then I will hold your hand and support you." 

Tony quickly got the transfer ready and  placed a half dollar sized firefly on the upper part of Josh's forearm. As Tony started his work with the needle, Josh squeezed my hand tightly so I traced circles on his palm. Slowly he got use to it and by the end of it I think he even liked it. 

A/N

------------

 Hello all, once again thank you to those who have been reading and voting it means a lot. If you have any feed back please feel free to let me know!!!!

Also, sorry if I totally butchered the German in this. I do not speak German but the friend Molly is based off of does so I wanted to work it in. That also goes for the tattoo part as my skin has never felt the kiss of the needle but my friend loves to get them done. 

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerร  anche

51.6K 693 41
How is it like to feel safe in someone's arms? When Jake and Julia meet each other, they finally get to find out. Everything is written in complete l...
5.3K 207 33
Lynna is comfortable with her simple life, floating by with her bestfriend. Josh is occupied by his up and coming band, 'Greta Van Fleet.' The two s...
1.6K 30 18
Rose Matthews is a young girl who has just met her all-time favorite band. She is also a run-away. And she soon discovers that she must keep runnin...
13.1K 364 34
Rhiannon lands a job working for a band on their first real tour. She instantly catches the eye of one of the members. This fic goes along with my...