When We Ached - Book Three

Von authorhanawalker

❬ Book Three Of The Untold Truths Series. ❭ {18+} ❴ Can't be read as a standalone. ❵ Hazel parted ways with t... Mehr

Copyright grounds © ✧
‖Author's Note‖
Character Aesthetics ♚♛
【Moodboard】ღ
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty-Two
Twenty-Three
Twenty-Four
Twenty-Five
Twenty-Six
Twenty-Seven
Twenty-Eight
Twenty-Nine
Thirty
Thirty-One
Thirty-Two
Thirty-Three
Thirty-Four
Thirty-Five

Thirty-Six

4.2K 98 103
Von authorhanawalker

Hazel looked fucking adorable.

Her boots-clad feet maneuvered their way through the thick carpet of snow that had apparently upgraded to two fucking feet since yesterday. Way too deep for my liking.

Actually, snowfalls weren't my thing.

She adjusted her pink beanie over her head and tucked the sleeves of her sweater together as they peeked out of the leather jacket.

Don't get me even started on the ripped, tight jeans that exposed her gorgeous thighs so gracefully. The fact that she was standing with her back facing my front fucked with my head. I didn't know if she was doing the ass-wiggling thing on purpose or just really, truly enjoying her sweet time. Either way, it worked.

And my pants started to clench around me.

Leave it to Hazel to make me as hard as a rock on the first day of fucking December where the temperature hit -20 °C. Goddamn.

A devilishly subtle smirk crept up her face. "How'd you know my size?" She stole a quick glance from her overall clothing. "These fit perfectly."

I shoved my hands in the pockets and slowly approached her, my own boots stomping through the damned snow. "Oh, I know your size, all right, dollface."

I'd ran my hands through every single square inch of her body one too many times not to inspect her exact size.

Over the last three years, her body didn't change much though. She was definitely a little taller, even put on a few tiny pounds which apparently— for some fucking ridiculous reason— had annoyed her a little. I'd say the reason was the bullshit of a social standard.

To me, and in all damn honesty, it only made her a whole lot hotter. Her hips were relatively wider now and fuck, she rocked about anything she wore. Though, something told me she knew that because she was confident despite her slight dislike of the whole thing. 

She trapped her bottom lip in between her teeth, thinking she'd succeeded in concealing another devilish smirk. "Theoretically speaking, you scored." She tugged on the fabric of my jacket, her face an inch lower than mine. "I mean, you have a very keen eye."

A throaty laugh pushed through my mouth. "I'd say practically speaking too. I mean, my hands, teeth, and tongue did most of the work." I nestled closer to her. "If not all."

Her cheeks went a shade softer. I didn't know if it was the cold or me. I didn't care though because she looked cute as fuck. But then she raised a teasing eyebrow. "Can't argue with that." She then tugged at the bill of my baseball cap. "By the way, I like you in this."

I cast her a ghost of a smile and leaned down to kiss her. Her lips were still quite warm but the tip of her nose was cold as it brushed against the bridge of mine and it somehow made me smile even wider.

Everything about her was hot, cold, and fucking addictive.

She pulled away and breathed heavily. "Okay... So—" she tugged once again on the fabric of my jacket. "I like you in this too."

This time we were both smiling like idiots as I leaned down and kissed her harder, allowing my own dose of cocaine to seep into my system and have me riding my high.

We were both playing a game in the name of random compliments, which frankly was just another excuse to steal kisses.

"Anything you like more?" I inquired. "I could spend the whole day kissing you." I wrapped my arms loosely around her, palming my own wrist as her body got pressed up against mine. "All you have to do is say something."

She chuckled and encircled her own arms around my torso, doing the exact same thing I did. Then she looked up at me and pecked my jawline. "We might end up frozen. Second-think yourself."

I tightened my grip around her and looked down, pecking her eyelids, cold nose, and cheeks. She giggled in response. "With this proximity? I highly doubt."

Then like a five-year-old, she stuck her tongue out at me. "Bullshit." And then as if suddenly remembering something, she blinked. "Do you realize that we actually didn't walk around or anything?" She laughed. "We're barely ten feet away from the cabin."

"Yeah, I know but this—" I referred to our posture. The warmth, the mingled breaths, the addiction, and just everything about us. "Feels so damn good."

She pouted. "I don't wanna leave this place. Like, ever."

I entertained the thought. We could get a dog and grow old here like those couples in movies who spend their whole lives in the mountains. Realistic much? Probably not but the truth is, I'd go with Hazel anywhere. Home is where she belonged.

"Done."

"For real? She cracked up.

I shrugged. "I could ask George if he wants to sell the cabin. If not, we could rent it from him or something."

"You're crazy." Another laugh escaped her lips and fuck, the sound was drugging. "What if he wanted to come around during the holidays? You know, with a date."

Now it was my turn to laugh. "Well, then... They could stay in the room next to ours."

"I don't think they'd be comfortable enough to have sex with us being that close."

"Why not? I know for a fact I would."

"God, Ethan." A mischievous, sneaky little smirk found its way to her lips. She could hide it all she wanted but I was sure as hell, the idea excited her. Even if her body tensed up underneath mine.

I knew she would like it.

And I was going to prove it to her. Sooner or later.

Her attention was diverted somewhere else and I figured something piqued her interest as she peered over my shoulder. "We have wood?" A grin plastered across her face.

I swiveled my head to the back, where the tree stump was dumped in the snow. "Yup. I was gonna split some logs for the firewood later. George has the tools." 

She arched a brow. "You know how to do that?"

"It isn't that hard." I pushed her against an oak tree trunk, something she apparently wanted to lean on. My hands were still wrapped around her waist as I squeezed it. A soft gasp pushed through her lips. Two can play that game of hers. "All you need is some decent muscles and a firm grip." Then I looked deep into her eyes. "Plus great concentration."

Hazel seemed to catch my drift. Her eyes gave her away like always as she stared deep into mine. Fire speaking with fire. "Oh, I like the sound of that," she smirked. "Let's do it."

Jesus Christ. Like how erotic cutting up some wood could be? But no, Hazel had her own ideas of that particular thing.

And fuck, if that wasn't a huge turn-on.

I cursed under my breath and turned on my heel, crossing the distance. Just when I was about five feet away, something frozen hit my back and then scattered on the ground. A freaking snowball. 

I turned around.

Hazel stuck her tongue out at me again. She seemed way too proud. "Hi, Ethan!"

"Well, you just initiated a war."

● ● ● 

After some serious snowball-slapping-and-smacking, I'd ran back inside the cabin to draw off the snow from my clothes. I could never know how it got between layers no matter how much I tried to play it cool. It honestly didn't matter that much since I won the fight. I practically grew up in Canada, Ethan should have known better.

He was cutting the wood by the time I changed into an off-shouldered top and took off the cute beanie he'd bought for me. That, and so much more. I found quite a few shopping bags in the closet. I only opened like three and they contained the kind of outfits I usually wore. He scored again— for being observant.

I stood by the window, crossing my arms over my chest and watching him do... Whatever he was doing. Actually, it was more like eye-fucking, considering the fact that his biceps flexed each time he used the axe to split the wood. The fabric of his gray Nike hoodie clenched around his muscles as he remained concentrated. I couldn't see his eyes though, they were hooded by the cap, and somehow that made him look even hotter.

Damn. I pulled my lower lip in between my teeth and let my eyes give him another once-over. From the bottom to the very top. From his boots, passing by his dark jeans, to his crotch... My throat suddenly felt dry. Too dry. I swallowed hard and forced my eyes up to his upper half and then—

He was staring back at me.

Not the cocky, like-what-you-see stare. It was more straightforward and unapologetically intense. We're-both-thinking-of-the-same-thing kind of stare. Ardent but somehow painfully patient, as if we were both thinking it ahead, planning out strategies, and testing ourselves with the sweet torture of time.

I smirked at him, still chewing on my lip. And he— he cast me one of his subtle, breathtaking wolfish smiles. That kind that held mysteries and wonderings.

And I was going to take him up on that.

Later on that evening, Ethan made the fireplace and had a phone call with the utility company regarding the payment for electricity or something like that.

I decided to go with the easy, no-risking-to-burn-down-the-kitchen option and made hot chocolate for both of us.

"How come we have everything we need here though? I mean, grocery, alcohol..." I asked.

He shoved the phone down his back pocket. "I had some people bringing it all before we arrived. Vince kinda helped too." He then strolled towards me and kissed my temple. "I'll be right back."

I raised an inquisitive eyebrow. Fighting the urge to ask him, I nodded and carried the mugs to the living room as he went outside.

I made the couch comfortable and draped a blanket over me as the firewood burned in flames, emitting exceptional warmth.

I took a sip from my hot chocolate and stared a bit more at the cozy fireplace. Warm, fuzzy feelings erupted in my stomach and I found myself smiling. All I need is a good book.

And Ethan.

The door flung open. He kicked his boots aside and strode towards me with a black guitar in his hand. His guitar.

"Oh my God." I was surprised. Pleasantly so. "How... When?"

He plopped down next to me and shot me a faint smirk. "It was in the trunk all the time. I almost forgot about it."

I grinned. "Play for me."

"Just to let you know, dollface, I'm not that great, neither can I sing. I only take online classes sometimes. Kinda helps me blow off steam."

I slouched down on the couch and stretched my legs upon his. "Well, I'll be the judge."

"Then, I'd better impress you." He leaned over and grabbed my legs, tucking them close before positioning the guitar behind them so there was much space for him to play. "What do you wanna hear?"

"Hmm... Imagination by Shawn Mendes? The instrumental melody is great."

His lips strained into a tight line and he started hitting the chords.

His fingers shifted between the strings every now and then, almost way too smoothly. His eyes darted to the guitar for a few moments before returning to the fireplace. Music enveloped us and my heart literally dropped to my stomach when he reached that verse of in my dreams, you're with me. He got more passionate and his fingers thudded against the strings with force.

He seemed almost lost in the melody, as if his soul connected to the movements of his fingers. And all I could do was admire him.

"Wow... That was really good."

He chuckled. "Are you sure you're not sugar-coating that?"

I shook my head. "No. Actually, nothing seemed off-key." Then I scooted closer to him. "You're good with your hands, remember?"

A low laugh escaped his lips. "I'm gonna need you saying that later when I use them to pin you against—"

I shoved a finger against his lips to shut him up. "Don't tempt me just yet. I need more of this."

"I got a better idea. How about you play for me?"

I snorted. "You kidding me? Never held a guitar in my life."

He took the mug of hot chocolate from my hands and placed it on the coffee table. Then he grabbed my waist and pulled me against him so my back was pressed against his front. "What am I here for?" He said and put the guitar in my lap, positioning it so I was holding it like he was. "There, held it tightly against your body so it's supported by your thigh, then the neck will automatically fall against your left hand."

"Okay..." I hesitated.

"It's alright, dollface. The chords of this song are easy." His lips brushed against my earlobe. Expectedly, I shivered. "Oh, there she goes again." He hummed to the lyrics. "It's an A minor chord here, index finger on the second string, first fret. The middle finger on the fourth string, second fret, and ring finger on the third string, second fret. And then we'll move to the F."

I did as he said.

Then he shuffled between some C and G chords as I tried to keep up. His hands were holding mine the whole time, guiding my fingers through the process. He was so close to me. So damn close that I could feel his erection pressed against my butt and I could hardly focus anymore.

He rested his chin on the blade of my shoulder. "This is a strumming pattern, by the way. Your right-hand goes up and down like this." He again guided my hand down two times, then up one time, then down a couple of times more, and then up again... And well, then I lost track. "I keep craving craving you. You don't know it but it's true." I could feel him smiling while he was humming to the song and it instantly triggered my smile.

I looked at him and continued instead. "Can't get my mouth to say the words they wanna say to you."

And then he sang the next line. Well, almost. Ethan couldn't sing but it sounded good.

But then we both went on. "Can't wait anymore, I won't wait— I need to tell you how I feel when I see us together forever."

And it went on like that. Happiness in the simplest ways possible, music, fireplace, warmth, and us.

At that moment, I could feel my heart getting hell-bent on breaking through my ribcage so it would wrap around his and do a little dance together. As ridiculous as that sounded.

The music died eventually. Silence fell between us. And our eyes met.

And then I did the one thing I wanted to do since I laid eyes on him through the windowpane— I kissed him.

★ ★ ★ 

Guitar players... Please, don't sue me. Lol. 🙈

I think this chapter gives off the season vibes. I'm a sucker for snow, btw.

I post my edits on IG and Pinterest. Follow me there if you want! ❤

My ID is the same: @authorhanawalker

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

37.8M 1.1M 68
Deadly assassins Allegra and Ace have been trying in vain to kill each other for years. With a mutual enemy threatening their mafias, they find thems...