Love Channels

De time_buzzer

A story based on IU's Ending Scene Music Video. (COMPLETED) Mai multe

Characters and Disclaimers
Chapter 1
Chapter 1.1
Chapter 1.2
Chapter 1.3
Chapter 2
Chapter 2.1
Chapter 3
Chapter 3.1
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 6.1
Chapter 7
Chapter 7.1
Chapter 8
Chapter 8.1
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 11.1
Chapter 12
Chapter 12.1
Chapter 13
Chapter 13.1
Chapter 14
Chapter 14.1
Chapter 14.2
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 16.1
Chapter 17
Chapter 17.1
Chapter 17.2
Chapter 18
Chapter 18.1
Chapter 19
Chapter 19.1
Chapter 19.2
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 21.1
Chapter 22
Chapter 22.1
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 24.1
Chapter 25
Chapter 25.1
Chapter 25.2
Chapter 26
Chapter 26.1
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 28.1
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 30.1
Chapter 31
Chapter 32 • Ending Scene
Author's Note
- End Credits -
Author's Note • plug
Special Chapter: Through the Night 1
Special Chapter: Through the Night 2
Special Chapter: Through the Night 3
Special Chapter: Through the Night 4
Special Chapter: Through the Night 5
Special Chapter: Through the Night 6
Special Chapter: Through the Night 7 [Finale]

Chapter 5

28 5 0
De time_buzzer

Jamie's POV

We left the restaurant around 9:30PM and decided to get ice cream for dessert.

“What flavor are you getting? I already know mine.” I hurriedly asked him to which he responded with “Chocochip cookie dough, maybe. I really don’t have preference but I like that flavor. What will you be having?”

“I’m getting mint choco ice cream.” I told him with a bright smile on my face.

“Mint choco ice cream?” he confirmed with furrowed eyebrows. “Does it not taste like toothpaste?”

“It happens to be my favorite ice cream flavor and excuse you, it does not taste like toothpaste!” I argued as a lot of people have said the same thing, he’s no different.

“You should try it, I might change your mind?” I urged.

“I will but I am still going to get Chocolate chip cookie dough, I’ll just get from you.”

We got our separate ice cream cups and decided to walk around the complex, we still have time because this place closes at 11:30PM on Fridays/Saturdays and the trains still run until 12:45AM.

While walking around we talked about random things to know ourselves better. I noticed though that he hadn’t really tried the mint chocolate ice cream, so I offered. “You promised you’d try, I am nearing half the cup and you haven’t.” 

“I thought you wouldn't notice because you were enjoying your ice cream so much. That might not be enough for you if I got a spoonful.” he laughed while trying to get out of that promise.

I pouted and said, “Okay fine, don’t.” making it sound like I’m disappointed, which I was not really. I mean not a lot of people like choco mint ice cream and those who don’t, truly think it tastes like toothpaste. I beg to differ though.

“Hey, I was just teasing, here let me get some.” I sensed worry in his voice. I allowed him to get a spoonful and looked at how he tried to suppress his reaction to the taste. Poor guy, he doesn't like it one bit but he’s trying his best to appease me.

“How is it?” I probed, I already know though how much he disliked it by the way he looked.

“Uhmm.. it’s okay. I mean it could be better but it’s tolerable.” all he could muster to make it sound like he enjoyed it.

“You don’t like it right?” I laughed. Urging him to honestly tell me his opinion.

“I really don’t. I’m so sorry. But I’d stick to my choco chip cookie dough.” then he burst out laughing.

“I mean no offense, I respect your preference for ice cream flavor but I can only tolerate a spoonful or maybe two or three for you but that’s about it.” stating the fact while raising both his hands as if to surrender and he means no harm. I find the gesture and honesty quite charming. 

“Aren’t you tired? We’ve been walking around for half an hour already, your feet must hurt?” he asked, a bit concerned.

“They don’t hurt, I’m fine. These are actually comfortable but if we’d walk for an hour I’m pretty sure I will start complaining and ask to sit somewhere.” I quipped but to be honest I had not noticed we’ve been walking around for 30 mins and did not mind that I was wearing heels.

“Well, you still have to sit somewhere, do you want to go to the arcade and play some video games? We still have time until the complex closes.”

I nodded in agreement and we headed towards the arcade. Never been to one for a while now so this is a welcomed detour.

“What do you want to play? Do you want to try that? This isn't too noisy for you?” he asked while looking around and pointing at one video game machine. The arcade was not too crowded even if it’s past ten in the evening.

“It’s okay, I like it here! I used to hang out at arcades and play with my brother or with some friends. Sometimes I’d blow up money on those claw machines just to get the stuffed toy I wanted.” I mentioned all too eagerly. 

“So video game or would you like me to avenge you from those claw machines who took your money?” he offered and I decided on the latter because it was more fun.

After what seemed to be a few hundred bucks devoured by these machines and several curses uttered by this very annoyed and frustrated guy, I asked Sean to just give up that stuffed toy I wanted. With the amount we are spending, we could already get one at a toy store. Winning a small item, one that you could use as a keychain, is good enough. Besides it’s getting late and we don’t want to miss the last train to my stop.

“How far are you from here, I’d like to join you to make sure you get home safe, if it’s okay?” Sean asked, expectant.

“I’m just two stops away from here. And yes, it’s okay you can take me home.” agreeing to his offer. Besides I still want to spend time with him anyway.

“Oh…. that’s just near.” Is that disappointment I am sensing from him?

“Do you live nearby?” I wanted to change the mood of the impending separation.

“Yeah, I live near Pete’s apartment. That’s not too far from here too.”

We started walking towards the train station while we continued our conversation.

We got off my stop and told him that we have to walk for a good 5 minutes until we reach my apartment. He offered his left hand for me to hold while we walked and I took it. Walking silently, I processed how our date went and I knew this first date would be remarkable. Nothing too fancy but was just perfect for me. It was what I hoped how the day would go, less pretense and just being ourselves. I don’t really like grand gestures, I know they are needed too but most of the time it loses its charm for me, I like the ones that are connected to the small details we’ve shared. That means we listened to each other’s stories and picked up what we like and not.

This was such a relief and here we are, walking slowly while holding hands.

“Penny for your deep thoughts?” he prompted. I looked at him and smiled at how this guy can be sweet without even trying.

“Just thinking of how this day went. You know, making mental notes of what happened so that I will remember.”

“I wish this day would last longer.” He sighed. “I wanted to give you flowers but decided against it because I knew we’d be watching a movie and I did not want you to be bothered carrying those flowers. Now I regretted not getting you some.” he said nonchalantly.

“Do you like flowers?” he continued.

“Yes I do. But it’s okay that you did not get me any today. You were right that it could be bothersome. You made the right choice otherwise I’d be walking around the complex with a bouquet of flowers on my arm and people will be looking at us.” I expressed assuring him that it was alright.

We reached my apartment door and both of us were hesitant to part ways.

“I should get going if I want to catch the last train.”

“Okay, be careful on your way home. Thank you for tonight, I had fun. Really.”

“I’d get the movie dvd or when it’s uploaded on streaming sites we can watch it properly.” We both laughed at what he said remembering what had happened inside the cinema and that we did not really understand the movie entirely.

I know I have to take my own step to cross a line so I bravely walked towards him and decided to give him a hug goodbye. This startled him but welcomed it nonetheless. There are so many leaps made in the past 10 days. I hope we don’t fall into a dark abyss though.

“You should get going, you’ll miss the last train.”

“Yeah, I should. Thank you for tonight, this day has been extraordinary for me. I’ll call you as soon as I get home.” and went on his way.

Extraordinary? Indeed.

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

378K 20K 96
All the cameras in the world can't capture how breathtaking she is and I'm selfish enough to keep that image locked up in my mind where no one else o...
9.8K 961 18
Dear best friend, Today I am gonna confess you something. May be a bitter or sweet truth. Think whatever you want do whatever you want just let me c...
601K 32.3K 30
wherein jia helps her crush and best friend get together not knowing fate had many things in plan for her. © FLAUVIER 2020 ...
467 30 12
"i feel at home with him" a ni-ki au childhood friends to lovers start : March 27th 2024 end : -