GINGERSNAPS

By theginger412

Olivia Evans, who was given up at birth by her mother, Petunia, later finds out that she is a witch. Just whe... More

1. The Past meets The Future
2. Settling In
3. Lemonade
4. Flash
5. Captured Moments
6. Breaking Through
7. Scolded
8. Beaten Up
9. Petrified
10. Safe
11. Leaky Cauldron
12. Respects
13. Challenged
14. Slashed
15. Mischief Managed
16. Yearbook
17. Bring The Lion Out
18. The Cup
19. Moony
20. Contact
21. Toffee
22. Strawberry Ice Cream
23. The World Cup
24. Her Heart
25. Moody
26. The Tournament
27. Her Name
28. Her Wand
29. Her Dragon
30. The First Task
31. Her Flame
32. Love Potion
33. The Yule Ball
34. The Second Task
35. Birthdays
36. The Third Task
37. Graveyard
38. Her Friend
39. In Memory
40. Grimmauld Place
41. Pieces of Her
42. Inked
43. Lavender Tea
44. Uncle
45. Firewhiskey
46. Ministry of Magic
47. The Hearing
48. Treacle Tart
49. Evans
50. Her Boggart
51. Kings Cross
52. Bloody Mess
53. Skeleton
54. Playing with Fire
55. Last, First Match
56. Attacked
57. St. Mungos
58. Honey
59. P for Percy
60. Drooble's Best Blowing Gum
61. Her Letters and Feathers
62. Occlumency
63. Not Tonight
64. Cornish Pixies
65. Red Lace
66. Yellow Paint
67. Sacked
68. Changes and Captures
69. Style
70. Adventure's End
71. Blowing Kisses
72. Stunned
73. Evans
74. Her Death
75. Cracks In Their World
76. From The Ashes
77. Her Funeral
78. Her First
79. Broomsticks & Sunsets
80. The Return
81. Scars
82. Permission
84. Red
85. Normal
86. Vials and Stakes
87. Blood Oath
88. Arm Sling
89. Trunk of Photos
90. Never Know
91. In This Life
92. Melted Metal

83. Paints and Pranks

1.3K 48 7
By theginger412

He was home. And she could breathe again. As they all said their goodbyes and left the burrow that night, they went back to the apartment. They stepped out of the fireplace and into the living room.

"My room is down the hall, the twins decorated it for me." Olivia said to Charlie.

"I could only imagine what they done to it." Charlie laughed.

"We done it very tasteful, thank you very much." Said Fred as if offended.

"Besides, we couldn't find a shop that could make wallpaper of our faces so we had to settle." Said George, plopping onto the emerald green couch.

Olivia grabbed his hand pulling him to the hall.

"Try not to keep us up all night, some of us work in the morning." Fred called out behind them.

Olivia's cheeks blushed, Charlie flipped off his brothers, wrapping his arm around her shoulders.

"At least I can get laid, Freddie!" Olivia shouted back. Charlie instantly choked on his laughing.

Olivia closed the door behind them once they were in her room. She flopped down on the bed. Charlie walked over and kicked off his boots and joined her.

She turned onto her side, propping her head up smiling. Charlie ran a fingertip over her scar. "What happened?" He asked with concern.

She batted his hand away. "Nothing. Greyback just scratched me when I was on a mission." She said raising up her shirt to show him the matching scars on her left side.

Charlie ran his hand over her ribs. "Doesn't look like nothing. Looks like he got you good." He said. Olivia grabbed his hand.

"I'm alive, and I'm fine. That's all that matters." She said, he nodded his head.

He pulled her into his chest. The smell of honeysuckles filled his nose. He nuzzled his nose into her curls.

Olivia gripped his shirt, laying her ear to his chest. The sound of his heart beating echoed in her ear. "It feels good to be home." She said softly, closing her eyes. She let the sound of his heartbeat sing her to sleep.

Charlie soon began snoring after she drifted to sleep.

In the morning, Charlie woke to an empty bed and the sound of a waking apartment. He threw on his Irish quidditch t-shirt, still in his boxers, he padded out of the room to find the bathroom.

He was greeted with Fred tying his tie standing by his room, and George pulling on his socks on one of the barstools by the counter.

Olivia sat on the counter kicking her feet, eating toast. "Good morning, love. Sleep well?" She said with a smile.

"Did you get your beauty sleep?" Said Fred, stepping into his room coming out with a blazer.

"Oh leave him alone, you two." Olivia said.

"I didn't even say anything!" Defended George.

"No, but you was thinking of saying something though." Olivia said pointing her finger at him.

"How could you possibly know that?" Said George

"Because I just know, was I wrong?" Asked Olivia rising her brow.

George pouted his lip. "You wasn't wrong but still." He mumbled.

Charlie snorted walking over to Olivia. He stood between her legs, and leaned back on her. She handed him a piece of toast.

"What you all even up this early for? I didn't think it was even possible for Fred and George to be out of bed before 8." Charlie said biting the toast.

"Time is money, dear brother." Said Fred putting on his blazer.

"Today's their grand opening!" Olivia said cheerfully.

"Thank you for remembering, Charlie." Said George taking the toast from his brother and finishing it.

"We have to finish getting every ready before we open the doors." Said Fred, waving before going down a stair case, George followed him down.

"I'm so proud of them." Olivia said watching them leave. Charlie kissed her cheek. "Ginny gave me a piece of her hair so that I could use it in poly juice. They needed help running the register today. Sorry if you had something planned for us."

"No that's fine, I actually have an couple errands I have to run. You stay and help, Honey." Charlie said.

Charlie headed to shower and get ready while Olivia dressed in the purple and orange outfit the twins had gotten for her.

It was a orange blouse and a violet skirt that hung mid-thigh. Her favorite part of the outfit though had to be the matching orange and purple stockings.

Olivia waited until Charlie kissed her goodbye before transforming into Ginny and heading down the stairs to join the twins.

Charlie walked into the shop with the bell chiming that hang on the door. The walls was shelved with dazzling jewels and metals all handcrafted into jewelry. Display cases around the perimeter of the room held more necklaces, earrings and rings.

In the wizarding world you could often find that the jewelry was enchanted to have certain powers of properties. His Aunt was known to wear a brochure that made her hair shiny, over the years though the power had faded and his aunt delusiously wore the brochure thinking that her hair shined like the sun but in reality it was as dull as cotton.

As he approached the counter an elderly gray/blue haired man with half moon spectacles smiled at him. "Can i interest you in our musclifying cuff links?" The man said.

"No thank you," Charlie answered politely. "But I do believe you may be able to help me. I had a few questions about ring making."

"I'm at your service." The old man grinned with a dip of his chin.

Olivia ran the register the whole day. The doors had open and since then a nonstop stream of customers had been coming in. Olivia had to renew her poly juice potion a few times through the day but for the most part her disguise stayed flawless.

She did have one odd interaction with Dean Thomas. He had kept staring at her as if waiting for her to join him the whole time he was in the shop. Olivia felt awkward when he came up to pay and said "Not even going to say Hi to your own boyfriend?"

She kept her jaw from dropping and laughed it off. "Sorry, didn't want to leave my spot. It's been busy today helping the twins with everything." She had told him. Thankfully George had come up to the counter when Dean looked as if he was going to lean in for a kiss.

"Ol-Ginny I mean, have you seen Fred?" He asked. And Dean had pulled back and waved as he darted out of the store.

She seen a lot of old classmates and people she knew come in. It never failed though when people stepped inside the shop of joy and fun, that a expression of awe and excitement took over their faces. The customers would try to take in the sight of the place but even Olivia hadn't seen the entirety of the joke shop yet.

As she was stocking shelves and displays with more products she began to hear the whispers.

"I don't know how they were able to do all this if they were truly heartbroken for the lost of their best friend."

"I hear their brother Charlie was seen shopping at the jewelry store. Must have moved on fast if he's already out buying something for another girl."

"Ollie was nice but come on it's clear that everyone has already done and forgot about her. Look at Fred and George, they don't look to be grieving that much if you ask me."

Olivia cleared her throat behind the gossiping group of girls. "And thankfully no one did ask you. So if all you came here for was to get a glimpse to see how my brothers were dealing with their grief than you can leave." Olivia snapped. The girls looked at her wide eyed.

One of them began stuttering trying to speak. "In this place of business we honor those we love with laughter and joy. Now, if rumors are all you have to offer, don't let the door hit you on the way out. Have a nice day." Olivia said with a tight smile before turning on her heel and going into the inventory room.

Fred stood there with a clipboard and quill, his brows rose when he took in the sight of Ginnys distressed face.

Olivia sat down on a crate with a hmp of air blown out of her. "How do you do it? How does the rumors and gossip not get to you?" She asked.

Fred sat down his clipboard, "Well it's hard but you have to just set the people straight. So when I hear someone gossiping about me I just say 'Yes, I am this extremely handsome' and that usually does it." He joked. Olivia shook her head with a soft smile.

"That ego of yours just about sucks out all the oxygen in the room, Fred Weasley." She teased. "But I meant about what they say about you all mourning me." She said quietly. "They think that you all just moved on and didn't care about what happened."

Fred nodded his head with a knowing look. "Oh, those rumors. We've heard them a few times today." Fred said. "And when we do we just tell them to go up on the second floor of the joke shop and look in the back right corner."

Olivia furrowed her brow, confused. "Back right corner? For what?" She asked.

Fred just smiled, headed to the showroom out of the inventory room and called back, "Just go look for yourself."

Olivia done just that. She took the stairs to the second floor full of gadgets and jokes following Fred's instructions to go to the back right corner.

In an alcove of the building was a section tucked back in the large and wide floor to ceiling window. On either side of the window was shelves of crates.

Inside the crates were color balls the size of a fist. A sign hung above the section, Ollie's Popping Paints.

In each crate was a different color, labeled with the colors name on the front of the crates.

Sunshine's Yellow
Siriusly Black
Aries's Fire Orange
Weasley Hair Red
Swamp Toad Pink
Garden Gnome Green
Burrow Blue
Stone Cold Steele
Marauders Maroon
Lunar Lilac

And in the one of the crates was balls of simmering opal. Olivia read the name on the label and her heart cracked a bit.

Our Girl's Rainbow

Her heart was too full of love, it was cracking open at the sight of what her boys had done for her, in her honor.

Through the window she noticed that the sun had set and the buzzing of the shop grew quieter. She didn't know when they store had emptied but all she could hear was the gadgets and pranks zooming and beeping.

The movement behind her noticed the reflection in the glass. Fred and George stood there leaning on the railing that went around the perimeter of the second floor that overlooked into the first floor showroom.

"We got the idea when you drenched Umbridge in that yellow paint." Said Fred with a half smile. "You can fill up a bathtub with how much paint is in just one of those things."

"Ollie's Popping Paints just seemed fitting. But I think the real fun was naming all the paint colors." Said George loosening his tie.

"So we named them after people, things or stories that we relate back to you." Fred mused.

"So when you hear rumors or people questioning if you're grieving-" she started to say.

"We don't care about their opinions because we have this. And we have the truth, but no matter what happened there was always going to be a section with your name on it in our joke shop." Said George.

"This way, no one can question what you really meant to us. And still mean to us." Said Fred.

Olivia looked around to her little section dedicated to her. Reading over each color name and what connection it had to her.

Sunshine's yellow for her nickname. Siriusly Black for her uncle. Aries's Fire Orange for her dragon. Weasley Hair Red for the family she loved dearly. Swamp Toad Pink for the pranks they pulled on Umbridge.

Garden Gnome Green for the many punishments they had from Mrs.Weasley to De-gnome the gardens. Burrow Blue for the place that became a second home.

Stone Cold Steele for her Dad's unwavering expression. Marauders Maroon for the map that helped them prank until their last days at Hogwarts. Lunar Lilac for Remus, the uncle that didn't have to be.

And finally, the dazzling opal, Our Girl's Rainbow. For the title the twins had given her so many years ago.

Olivia's two halves her heart stood before her with soft smiles staring at her. She wrapped arms around both of them and hugged them right. "I thank my lucky stars that I have you two in my life." She said, muffled by how close her face was to their chests.

"We'll always be the ones that lucky, when it comes to you Ollie." Said George.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 38.4K 96
When Alice transfers from Beauxbatons to Hogwarts, everything changes, she leaves many things behind. Or at least she thinks she does. But then she m...
101K 2.3K 36
Y/n Wood, sister of Oliver Wood, is a popular Gryffindor student with many friends at Hogwarts. Her life is going well as her bond with George Weasl...
98.4K 2.4K 36
[FINISHED ~ april 2th 2021] WARNING: currently editing! (Chapters 1 & 2 done) "๐—ช๐—ผ๐˜„, ๐˜€๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐—ถ๐˜€... ๐—ฏ๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐˜‚๐˜๐—ถ๐—ณ๐˜‚๐—น." ...
3.8K 179 33
Adrienne Potter doesn't remember her birth parents. They died at the hands of the most feared dark wizard in the magical word of the time. She grew u...