GINGERSNAPS

By theginger412

Olivia Evans, who was given up at birth by her mother, Petunia, later finds out that she is a witch. Just whe... More

1. The Past meets The Future
2. Settling In
3. Lemonade
4. Flash
5. Captured Moments
6. Breaking Through
7. Scolded
8. Beaten Up
9. Petrified
10. Safe
11. Leaky Cauldron
12. Respects
13. Challenged
14. Slashed
15. Mischief Managed
16. Yearbook
17. Bring The Lion Out
18. The Cup
19. Moony
20. Contact
21. Toffee
22. Strawberry Ice Cream
23. The World Cup
24. Her Heart
25. Moody
26. The Tournament
27. Her Name
28. Her Wand
29. Her Dragon
30. The First Task
31. Her Flame
32. Love Potion
33. The Yule Ball
34. The Second Task
35. Birthdays
36. The Third Task
37. Graveyard
38. Her Friend
39. In Memory
40. Grimmauld Place
41. Pieces of Her
42. Inked
43. Lavender Tea
44. Uncle
45. Firewhiskey
46. Ministry of Magic
47. The Hearing
48. Treacle Tart
49. Evans
50. Her Boggart
51. Kings Cross
52. Bloody Mess
53. Skeleton
54. Playing with Fire
55. Last, First Match
56. Attacked
57. St. Mungos
58. Honey
59. P for Percy
60. Drooble's Best Blowing Gum
61. Her Letters and Feathers
62. Occlumency
63. Not Tonight
64. Cornish Pixies
65. Red Lace
66. Yellow Paint
67. Sacked
68. Changes and Captures
69. Style
70. Adventure's End
71. Blowing Kisses
72. Stunned
73. Evans
74. Her Death
75. Cracks In Their World
76. From The Ashes
77. Her Funeral
78. Her First
79. Broomsticks & Sunsets
80. The Return
81. Scars
83. Paints and Pranks
84. Red
85. Normal
86. Vials and Stakes
87. Blood Oath
88. Arm Sling
89. Trunk of Photos
90. Never Know
91. In This Life
92. Melted Metal

82. Permission

1.5K 59 3
By theginger412

Cannon:
Kreacher hung up the sketch that Ollie gave him of Regulus by his bed. No one, besides Regulus ever gave Kreacher gifts and now His daughter continues that tradition without her even knowing.
___________________________________

Charlie had paced outside of the headmasters office at Hogwarts for 15 minutes. When he had wrote to Snape about meeting with him, he had no idea that it would be here or with Dumbledore present.

Finally the garagoyle moved and Snape appeared on the stairs. "Come in." He said turning and heading back up the stairs. Charlie followed behind, into the office.

Dumbledore sat behind his desk, McGonagall stood to the left of the desk, Snape strolled to the right side to stand.

"Sir, I wanted to meet with you, but I assumed it would be in private." Said Charlie standing in front of them all.

"It's alright Charlie, come sit," said Dumbledore gesturing towards one of the armchairs. But Charlie remained standing.

"I am a busy person, I did not have the time to meet otherwise." Said Snape coldly looking at him.

"Well, here goes nothing then." Charlie mumbled before taking a deep breath. He faced Snape looking him in the eyes with his head high and shoulders back.

"Your daughter is someone that is of great importance to me. In fact I would say that she is the most important thing to me." Said Charlie

"Oh my..." said McGonagall quietly eyes widening, feeling that she could tell where this talk was going towards.

"And earlier this year when she died, when her heart stopped beating, I felt as if I would never feel joy or love again. I felt as if my world was taken from me, and I was prepared to do anything, give up anything, if that meant that I wouldn't have to live this life without her.

"And by the stars, I never had to find out what life would be without her in it. I knew then that I was done taking time for granted. Because it will never be enough time, I will always want more time with her."

McGonagall let out a soft choking sound, as tears streamed down her face. Dumbledore was grinning, and Snape had his lips pressed into a hard line.

"I know to you I will never be enough for her. I believe I don't deserve her! But with your permission I would very much like to spend the rest of my life trying to be. So I ask you, can I marry your daughter?" Said Charlie, his chest was heaving slightly, but he tried to hold himself together.

McGonagall looked to Snape, wiping tears away. Dumbledore smiled up to Snape, everyone waiting for his answer.

Snape stood there looking down at Charlie, the man that had ripped his heart out and laid it in on the table for all to see, that he was putting it all out there not holding back.

He knew this day would come, the day he would have to let her go. But with the unbreakable vow he had taken, Snape knew that he would lose Olivia one way or another, at least this way he would know that Charlie would protect her, when he couldn't any more.

All Snape could hope for now, was that maybe just maybe he would get to walk his daughter down the aisle before she indefinitely come to hate him for what he will have to do.

"You'll take care of her?" Snape asked

"Until my last breath, sir." Charlie answered.

"Oh for goodness sake Severus, tell the boy yes, for crying out loud!" Said McGonagall huffing.

"Fine. You have my permission to ask Olivia to marry you, it is up to her whether she says yes or no." Said Snape

"We all know she's going to say yes!" Said McGonagall, stepping towards Charlie to hug him. "Oh! I'm so excited! Some good news!"

Dumbledore stood and shook Charlie's hand, "Take good care of our girl," he said, Charlie nodded.

Snape shook Charlie's outstretched hand, "Remember who I am and what I am capable of, if you so much as hurt her, you will answer to me." Snape said.

"I promise sir, she's safe with me." Charlie told him confidently.

"Well then, that's all I ever wanted for her, is to be safe." Snape said quietly.

••••••

Charlie left Hogwarts through the fireplace, he stepped out of the flames into the Burrow. Knowing that Olivia had dinner with her uncles on Wednesdays, it was safe to be there without her knowing.

"Hello, anyone here?" He said loudly, the sound of footsteps neared.

His Mum popped her head out of the kitchen, "Oh Charlie! We didn't know you were coming! Come in we're just having dinner." She said guiding him to one of the chairs around the table.

All his siblings minus Percy, was there. Fred and George had come over for dinner after work, Bill was surprisingly there also instead of with Fleur.

"Hello, son, what do we owe for this surprise!" Said his dad next to him.

"Well, actually I wanted to tell you all something." Charlie said getting the attention of everyone. Everyone turned to look at him, Ron continued to stuff his mouth full of pie, Ginny smacked him on the back of the head. Ron glared at her but sat down his fork to pay attention.

"I just left Hogwarts, I had a meeting with Snape, and I asked him for his permission to marry Olivia." Charlie announced.

"What!" Said Ginny excitedly.

"You're gonna propose to Ollie?" Said Fred

"What did Snape say?" Said George

"I bet he said no! Bloody rude of him not to ask for our permission Georgie!" Said Fred

"Yeah! Why didn't you ask our permission, Charlie? She's our best friend!" Said George

"Boys! Enough, let Charlie speak!" Said his Mum.

"Go on, tell us what did Snape say," said his Dad.

"He gave me his permission." Said Charlie proudly, Bill sat across from him with a wide smirk, and his arms crossed over his chest.

"Oh how wonderful!" Said his Dad clapping him on the back. His Mum came around the table and held his face kissing his cheeks, hers were wet with tears.

"My Charlie, I can't believe it! You're Getting married!" She said happily.

"Why didn't I get this reaction when I told everyone that I proposed to Fleur?" Said Bill jokingly.

"Oh hush this isn't about you!" Said his Mum, "It's about Charlie, asking Ollie to marry him! Tell me everything!"

"Yeah! Have you got a ring yet?" Asked Ginny.

"Not yet," he answered.

"Well when are you going to propose?" Asked Ron.

"Not sure, I was just focused on getting her dads permission first didn't think anything else through."

"What would you have done if he said no?" Asked George curiously

"Done it anyway and hoped like hell that he wouldn't kill me for it." Charlie joked.

"Arthur, what will we do! Two weddings!" Said his Mum fussing over Bills hair.

"You know who you haven't asked yet though." Said Fred with a mischievous grin.

"Who?" Charlie said confused.

"Sirius." Said Fred smiling wide. It had slipped from Charlie's mind that Sirius would want to be asked for his permission.

"Oh don't worry, I'm sure it will be fine, dear." Said his Mum.

••••••

The next day, Charlie had to make sure Olivia was still unaware that he was home. So he employed the help of his twin brothers to keep her from the Burrow.

Charlie bribe the twins to occupy Olivia for a night so that he could invite Sirius and Remus over to the Burrow.

"That was a lovely dinner, Molly, thank you for having us over." Said Sirius wiping his mouth with a napkin.

"Actually, it was Charlie that invited us, Sirius." Said Remus.

"Oh that's right," said Sirius looking at Charlie, "and where is our niece tonight?"

"She's spending time with Fred and George, as she would say it, they are having their "Triplet Time" together, but she doesn't know I'm back from Romania" said Charlie kindly. "Because, Actually there is a reason I asked you two here tonight."

Remus leaned forward resting his arms on the tables edge. Sirius leaned back into his seat the front legs hovering off the ground, fixing his eyes onto him.

"As important men in her life, I wanted to ask your permission to marry Olivia." Said Charlie confidently

Sirius about filled back in his chair, he leaned forward his chair slamming back to the ground. "What?" He said shocked

"Padfoot he wants our permission to propose," said Remus smirking.

"That's what I thought he said," said Sirius resting his forehead in his hand. "Marriage? Really?"

"I don't want to waste the time I get with her, and what's left of that time I would like to spend it calling her my wife." Said Charlie

Sirius shook his head, "Moony do you hear this? He wants to marry our Sunshine?"

"I heard," said Remus, looking at Charlie. "You have my permission, I know you will treat her right."

Sirius gave a bewildered look to his friend. "What? Just like that, you gave him your permission. How dare you Moony!"

"Sirius, listen to yourself. You're acting crazy. She's old enough, and why not? She clearly has found someone who loves her dearly. Stop with this act, and give him your permission already!" Said Remus

Sirius pouted for a moment and then looked to Charlie who was waiting his answer. "Fine, you can ask her to marry you but whose to say she'll say yes?" Said Sirius.

Charlie laughed, "You know, Snape said something very similar when I asked him." Remus stood and shook his hand, Sirius reluctantly did too.

"But I do have one condition." Sirius said, Remus raised his brow.

Charlie cleared his throat. "And that would be?"

"I get to pay for the whole wedding." Sirius said with a wide grin, shoving his hands in his pockets. "It's the least I could do."

"I appreciate that, thank you." Charlie smiled, and nodded.

"So when is Olivia going to find out you're back?" Remus asked.

Charlie checked his watch. "Right about-" the fireplace sounded and three pairs of feet stepped out. "Now." He said with a grin.

The twins and Olivia came into the kitchen. She didn't waste anytime before running to Charlie and tackling him with a hug.

"How dare you come home and not tell me!" Olivia said. Charlie hugged her back.

"I knew the twins would break, I was going to surprise you." He said glaring at them over her shoulder. Fred and George held up their hands.

"She forced it out of us!" Said Fred.

"She threaten to hex us!" George pleaded.

Olivia let go and looked at her best friends. "No I didn't. Fred let it slip that you were at the burrow when I asked how their visit was yesterday." She laughed, shaking her head.

Sirius cleared his throat. "Excuse me, but you bypassed your uncles over here. Where's our hugs?"

Olivia smiled at them. "I seen you yesterday, when I've gone a couple weeks without seeing you then I'll hug you first!" She said hugging him and Remus.

"He's gonna pout no matter what Ollie, just ignore him." Remus joked.

"I just like hugs too." Sighed Sirius.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

98.7K 2.3K 90
"Whatever memories and moments define who you are or who you want to be, this one was among his." _ The second Sarah McCauley stepped over the thresh...
96.7K 2.2K 36
Y/n Wood, sister of Oliver Wood, is a popular Gryffindor student with many friends at Hogwarts. Her life is going well as her bond with George Weasl...
227K 4.9K 70
πƒπŽπ'𝐓 π˜πŽπ” 𝐒𝐄𝐄 𝐖𝐇𝐀𝐓 π˜πŽπ” πƒπŽ π“πŽ πŒπ„? 𝐈 𝐂𝐀𝐍'𝐓 𝐄𝐀𝐓, 𝐒𝐋𝐄𝐄𝐏, πŽπ‘ ππ‹πŽπŽπƒπ˜ π“π‡πˆππŠ π’π“π‘π€πˆπ†π‡π“. 𝐌𝐘 πŒπˆππƒ...
46K 1.3K 58
"You know that boy likes you a lot." Milena felt her cheeks warm up. She couldn't put her hands over her face because of everything she was carrying...