Haunted (Alastor x OC)

By whatevers_whatev

Moving into a new house on your own is never easy. Aria moves away from the city into a new home, deep withi... More

A\N
Ch 1
Ch 2
Ch 3
Ch 4
Ch 5
Ch 6
Ch 7
Ch 8
Ch 9
Ch 10
Ch 11
Ch 12
Ch 13
Ch 14
Ch 15
Ch 16
Ch 17
Ch 18
Ch 19
Ch 20
Ch 21
Ch 22
Ch 23
Ch 24
Ch 25
Ch 26
Ch 27
Ch 28
Ch 29
Ch 30
Ch 31
Ch 32
Ch 33
Ch 34
Ch 35
Ch 37
Ch 38
Ch 39
Ch 40
Ch 41
Ch 42
Ch 43
Ch 44
Ch 45
Ch 46
Ch 47
Ch 48
Ch 49
Ch 50
Ch 51
Ch 52
Ch 53
Ch 54
Ch 55
Ch 56
Ch 57
Ch 58
Ch 59
Ch 60
Ch 61
Ch 62
Ch 63
Ch 64
Ch 65
Ch 66
Ch 67
Ch 68
Ch 69
Ch 70
Ch 71
Ch 72
Ch 73
Ch 74
Ch 75
Ch 76
Ch 77
Ch 78
Ch 79
Ch 80
Ch 81
Ch 82
Ch 83
Ch 84
Ch 85
Ch 86
Ch 87
Ch 88
Final Notes
UPDATE!
UPDATE: NEW STORY.
New cover!

Ch 36

4.9K 178 48
By whatevers_whatev

Alastor's POV

"Alright dear, get comfortable," I sighed, and she leaned into me a bit, laying her head on my shoulder.

"Rosaline...my, I haven't even thought about her in years...my baby cousin..."

"Her mother...my father's sister...died during childbirth. Now, I'd never been particularly close with that side of the family...but her father reached out to me, asking if I could help provide for her. This is understandable, considering my profession paid me well...and I accepted."

**

"Aly!"

My head snapped towards the front door at the sound of her voice. She was smiling and trotted up to me, tossing her school bag down by the door on her way.

I wiped my hands on a kitchen towel, and turned fully, putting my hands on my hips. I smiled down at her, and her arms were around my middle as soon as she reached me.

"Hi!"

Her little voice chirped up at me and I chuckled. My hands laid on her head, and she turned her eyes up to me.

"Hello, darling, how was school?" I asked her, and she stepped back, her smile quickly being replaced by a scowl.

This made me tilt my head as I knelt in front of her.

She crossed her arms, looking off to the side with a pout.

Hm...

"Now dear, what is that about? Did something happen?" I asked her, a confused smile on my face. She sighed.

"Yes...the 8th graders were being assholes."

I thought I heard glass break and quickly grabbed her by the chin, forcing her to look at me gently. She blinked and her eyes looked surprised.

"I'm sorry, dear, what was that you just said?" I asked her, and she repeated herself.

Where did she learn that word?

"Ok, darling, I'm not sure where you learned such a word, but I will not tolerate such language in my house," I said to her and she looked confused.

"But daddy-"

I narrowed my eyes and cut her off, "no buts...as for your father, don't repeat anything he says..." my voice had grown dark and I was thinking about how much I'd like to kill that man.

He's not a scoundrel, but he's not upstanding either. He's a horrible role model.

She looked down and I could tell I hurt her feelings a bit, so I loosened my hold on her chin. I tilted her head back up, smiling softer.

"None of that...where's your smile darling?"

When she didn't smile I pulled my hand away, and pinched her side, causing her to crack and giggle. A smile lifted to her face and revealed her patchy teeth.

She's currently missing one of her front teeth and a canine.

"There it is..." I said softly, and then stood back up.

"Now help me finish dinner, go wash your hands and grab your apron," I said turning back to the pot on the stove.

"Yes sir!" She said excitedly.

**

"So, you helped raise her?" Aria asked me, and I shrugged slightly, sighing.

"I suppose I did...she was at this house most of the time, her father was...a character," I grimaced and quickly fixed my face back into a smile.

Then my features softened, the more I thought through my memories, the more I missed her.

And this is why I prefer to just...forget.

Emotions get you erased in hell...the longer I spend time with Aria I'm reminded of the man I used to be. Getting sent to hell muted my emotions...muted my feelings.

I became a tyrant.

She's bringing that warmth back into my heart...I haven't figured out if that's a good thing, yet.

"Was he abusive...?" Her voice brought me back to the present and I shifted slightly.

"No, nothing like that...just...he wasn't the best parent. He wasn't a bad man, but not a good father figure either."

I sighed again, leaning back against the headboard, "when...I died...Rosaline was about 11. I'd like to say I kept my hobby hidden from her...but she was a smart girl."

**

The door shut behind me as I entered my house. I blew a sigh from my nose and took my blood soaked gloves off.

That man was a piece of work.

My steps clicked as I walked through my back hallway, and then I rounded the corner to head into the kitchen. I need to feed Dakota.

"Aly..."

"Shit!" I jumped and my eyes snapped to the small girl sitting on one of my kitchen chairs.

I looked around, confusion setting in.

"Rosaline, what on earth are you doing here?" I asked, approaching her. Her eyes lingered on my clothing then went back to my face.

Her eyes...those eyes...

I paused, and for a moment we just stared at each other.

"Daddy dropped me off...he needed to go out of town...I'll be here for two days," she said, and I blinked.

The bastard couldn't have warned me?!

"Aly..."

I focused back on her, and her eyes were cast down at my shoes. I realized then what I must look like.

Covered in blood and dirt.

"Where were you...?" She asked, her voice sounding quiet.

Quickly I kneeled, looking into her eyes, putting on a soft smile.

"I was just hunting, dear! Hunting...that's all this is, deers blood," I reassured her, my lie coming out smooth.

She glanced up and down, looking over my appearance.

"Did you get into a fist fight with it?" She said, her eyes seeming unconvinced.

Fuck.

She sighed then, and slipped off the chair, walking towards the steps.

"I'll be upstairs," she said.

I stayed kneeling in front of the chair and then just let my head drop.

Dammit...

**

"Do you think she knew...?" Aria asked me, and I glanced down at her.

"I'd like to say no...I mean, of course she figured it out after I died...but...you know, who knows..."

I surely don't.

I wish I could ask her.

"My greatest regret is my death," I continued, and Aria sat a bit straighter in my arms. I looked down into her wide eyes and nearly chuckled.

Been waiting for this story, have we?

"Mostly because she was there when it happened..."

**

"Ok dear, what do you want for dinner?" I asked her softly, leaning on the chair next to her.

She kept her eyes down, and my smile faltered slightly. My brows furrowed and I leaned down a bit more.

"Rosaline...?" I asked her, and she finally looked up and met my eyes.

She smiled weakly, and shrugged, "I don't know...anything you want," she replied and I tilted my head.

"Sweetheart, are you alright?"

She's been despondent ever since her father lost his job due to the depression. I surely hope she'd tell me if he were hurting her...I mean, I provide for them, I give them everything they need.

1933 has been a rough year for her, though...

"Yes, I'm ok," she replied softly. Her eyes were once again focused on her hands.

I tsk'd softly, "darling, I can't help you if you don't tell-"

Suddenly there was a loud knock on my door. My eyes widened and I looked over towards the hallway.

Again, the knock sounded. It was louder that time.

"Alastor! Open the fuckin door, it's over!"

My blood ran cold, and I looked back at Rosaline. Quickly I knelt next to her and she flinched away from me. Her eyes were wide and she was glancing between me and the door.

I gave her my best smile, and cupped her face with both of my hands.

"Darling, I'll be right back, I have to handle something..." I said, my voice coming out panicked.

The knocking came again, much louder. Then, the sound of dogs barking.

Shit.

"Alastor, you have t' three until I blow the handle right off this fuckin door!" yelled the cop's voice.

Quickly I looked around, I need something, anything...

There's nothing around here...how am I going to make it out of this.

I stood up, "stay here, don't move...I-I'll be back..." I said shakily, and kept my smile up. Her eyes were filled with tears and she looked away from me.

With that I turned and sprinted just as a loud gunshot rang out. That was followed by the door slamming opened.

I heard Rosaline scream and shut my eyes tightly, shaking my head as I kept running.

I snatched my hunting rifle that was by the back door, throwing the door open and bolting.

"Release the dogs!" I heard faintly and cursed under my breath. My feet were pounding hard into the forest floor, and I wove between the trees.

I could hear the cops behind me, their footsteps sounding distant. The dogs were much closer.

Their snarling was all I could focus on, my heart is in my throat.

No, not like this...please, not like this...

Just then something clamped down on my leg and I yelled, tumbling to the ground. I rolled over onto my back, facing the animal that was tearing through my shin.

I hissed and nearly cried out in pain, but bit my tongue. I cocked my gun and aimed it at the animal.

"Dirty fucker," I growled and pulled the trigger. The dog yipped and flew back, landing dead on the ground.

More dogs surrounded me, snapping, spitting and growling. I kept my gun on them and they stayed at a distance, but not a safe one.

I scoffed, cocking the gun again.

I used one arm to pull myself up slightly, scooting backwards to give myself more distance.

One of the dogs took that moment to lunge at me, tearing into my other leg. I screamed in agony and dropped my gun. It backfired and hit one of the animals.

I chuckled at that weakly, and then more of them started attacking. They were everywhere, on my chest, my arms, my stomach. My legs...everything hurts.

Soon, it was difficult to feel anything at all.

There was a loud whistle and the dogs backed off of me. My breathing was labored, and I opened my eyes.

I was met with a bright flash light and winced.

A nasty cough tore through my chest and blood came up with it. A smile tugged at my lips as I watched the police officer approach me.

"It's over." He said gruffly, holding his gun on me.

I chuckled weakly, pulling myself up slightly. I winced and nearly fell back down. My entire body feels like it's on fire. My clothing is shredded.

And this was my favorite red coat, too.

"The fuck are you laughing at, you freak!" He shouted and I heard the gun click as he loaded a bullet into the chamber.

I coughed again, and looked up at him, my smile widening.

"Go ahead and kill me," I strained, my fingers inching towards my rifle that was next to me on the ground.

His eyes flicked to my hand and he started trembling.

"Alastor, stop movin'! I'll put a bullet in your skull if you don't sit still, dammit! Put your hands up!"

My smile fell and I looked him directly in the eyes.

"Do it, you fucking pussy."

I snatched my rifle and cocked it but he beat me to the trigger, the gunshot splitting through the air.

Then the world went black.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

216K 6.5K 26
You woke up in an unknown hotel room, not knowing where you were ...little did you know you actually have been living there for a few years and, most...
10K 364 7
Ever since Aria Lee rose up to become the newest Overlord of Pentagram City, many new challenges have entered her life, as well as things that she ha...
166K 5.4K 66
Dropped into a world she was never meant to be a part of, Aria finds herself cold and alone. Aimlessly she wanders through the streets of hell, just...
248K 6.9K 70
A young woman named Ariel is messing around one night and accidentally summons a trickster demon by mistake. Well...maybe not mistake, but she didn'...