Starting From The Sight & The...

By AO_Spring

Myle Arjera had a blurry past buried deep inside her memory. It was a mystery why she could not love the sigh... More

Copyright
Foreword
Prologue
Chapter 1: Mysterious Fellow
Chapter 2: Mind-reading
Chapter 3: Eyesight
Chapter 4: Secrets
Chapter 5: Reply
Chapter 6: Kyou Zeyern Part 1
Chapter 7: Kyou Zeyern Part 2
Chapter 8: Older Sister
Chapter 9: Trusted Friend
Chapter 10: Fierce Kid
Chapter 11: Deal
Chapter 12: The Arsonist
Chapter 13: Excuse
Chapter 14: Fate of a Zeyern
Chapter 15: Revelations
Chapter 16: Buried Feelings
Chapter 17: Laughter
Chapter 18: Teases
Chapter 19: Got Caught
Chapter 20: Misunderstanding
Chapter 21: Trust
Chapter 22: Plan
Chapter 23: Leadership
Chapter 24: Complete Team
Chapter 26: Myle Arjera
Chapter 27: Friend
Chapter 28: Memories
Chapter 29: Family
Chapter 30: Path
Chapter 31: Intuition
Chapter 32: Departure
Chapter 33: Abnormal Day
Chapter 34: Friends
Chapter 35: Dads
Chapter 36: Best Friends
Chapter 37: Finding Doc
Chapter 38: Solutions
Chapter 39: Mind Games
Chapter 40: The Master
Chapter 41: Worst Combination
Chapter 42: It's Too Late
Chapter 43: Bloom After Gloom
Epilogue
Afterword
~Ao's Christmas Gift~ (With Christmas Special Chapter)

Chapter 25: Snow Blue and the Five Dwarves

53 3 0
By AO_Spring

Myle's POV

One month had passed and finally, it's time for us to act on stage. During our rehearsals, I somehow... handled them well. Kyou still had his clingy after-effect since he would suddenly hug me whenever our practice ended. There's no moment that I wouldn't turn red from that!

Anyway.., our Snow White and her Prince kept on arguing that they always skipped our rehearsals. They're geniuses when it comes to acting though so my praises were effective to make them listen to me.

I always had the feeling that their hot-headedness might make our club crumble but look at us now! We're about to act in front of many many people!

Just imagine if I were their mother, I'm so proud of you, huhu... I would say this with tears of joy.

If we're gonna talk about my role... haha... Anyway!

Our school hired 2 stylists just for this moment. However, both of them were running back and forth in the boys' and girls' dressing rooms, panicking since there were only 30 minutes left.

I was also nervous but other than that, I kept on scratching my shoulders since I was not used to wearing this dark green gown. If only I stayed as a dwarf huhu...

"Miss Arjera?" called by a certain voice.

I turned to this man who appeared behind the door. He supported his green pointy hat with his right hand because it might fall. When he stood properly in the entrance, I had the chance to gaze at his red costume with a green collar. He looked like a tomato...

His green dwarf boots clicked as he stepped in.

Before he fully entered, I went near him; although, while still scratching my shoulders.
"Pfft. You look cute, Dwarf Kyou."

"And you look so pretty, Queen Arjera. People might steal you away from me..."

"W-What in the world..?"

"But... aren't you uncomfortable with that?"

"Er... It's fine! I'll change costume in the middle of the play anyway."

He paused before answering, "I see... If you need help, you can call me."

"Yes, yes." I smiled and pushed him that he would step back 3 times to exit our dressing room. The other girls might get embarrassed after all. "Wait for me outside."

Glancing at my back, the two stylists, with their sparkling eyes, were near me so I took one step backward.
"Oh my, Ms. Myle, is he your boyfriend?"

"Er... Nope, he's my... best friend."

My answer made them look at each other. Perhaps doubting us? Still, I fully understood why they would. Our closeness was unnatural, especially since he still had the after-effect. I'm kinda used to it now though...

"Myle!" I turned to our Snow White who probably just finished her make-up. "How do I look?"

She spun around then I answered, "You look like Cinderella more than Snow White."

"Haha! See that, Zou?! Myle praised me!"

I looked at the entrance again where our prince was leaning by the door.
"What? You call that praise?"

Haha... Sorry, I didn't know how to compliment someone. I just based my comment on her sparkling blue dress and blue headband. By the way, Ms. Ayuri changed the title that matched Eris's costume.

"Girls, be ready in 5 minutes, we'll enter backstage."

"Y-Yes, Ma'am!" we answered with a stutter from nervousness.

When I finally stepped out of the dressing room, my eyes caught Ms. Ayuri whispering to Kyou. I was about to go near them but Kyou glanced and his face suddenly blushed. They awakened my curiosity! However, I felt a hand that grabbed the back of my collar so I turned around.

"L-Lev?"

"Nyuw~" he neighed. Was that... supposed to be an imitation of a horse?

"Pfft... Have you grown attached to your horse mask?"

"Shh!" He closed my lips with his index finger. "For your information, I did this for you."

"For who?"

He removed his masked and answered, "For you." 

"Eh..?" I tilted my head. "... Oh..! I forgot. Thank you very much!"

I just recalled how I asked them if anyone wanted to be the horse. I almost volunteered that time but Kyou and Lev unexpectedly stepped in. 

"Looks like you're misunderstanding something..."

"Hm?"

He sighed. "... Nothing... Just follow me, I'll guide you to the stage."

"Ah, alright, thanks."

Before starting to walk, I glanced to the back where Kyou and Ms. Ayuri were. Kyou kept on nodding while Ms. Ayuri was slapping the script. That was when a question hit my mind.

Are they... changing some lines?

As I follow Lev's back, my ears could already catch the noise from the audience on the other side of the wall. The majority of them were students because we will present the play in our school for its founding anniversary.

All of our attention was shifted to the emcee because the clatter from the mic echoed throughout the gym.

"Good morning, ladies and gentlemen! For our school's 21st Founding Anniversary, a certain club has prepared a special presentation for all of us!"

I peeked from backstage what the audience's reaction was. I shouldn't have done it because their loud whispers just added to my nervousness. Focusing at the emcee again, she continued.

"Please enjoy the Snow Blue and the Five Dwarves, presented by the Drama Club!"

We were greeted by their claps while the curtain rose, showing the stage where Eris was standing.

"Once upon a time, there was a beautiful princess in a blue dress named Snow Blue." Ms. Ayuri narrated. "While Snow Blue was gardening the plants, she met a charming prince... that made her eyebrows furrow."

Zou entered with Lev then Eris shouted,
"What are you doing here on my territory?!"

"Oh, my princess, this is a territory of nobody!"

"You are just not informed. This is mine now so take your horse and leave!"

"Okay," he answered in a monotonous tone.

As simple as that, Zou pulled Lev's leash then exited the stage...

This might be based on the story of Snow White, Ms. Ayuri decided to not follow the original characters' personalities. Crazy, right? But believe it or not, our audiences were entertained.

"And with that, their conversation ended without knowing that the Queen was watching them."

After that narration, it was the time... of my entrance.

Raising both of my arms, I shouted,
"Magic mirror on the wall, who's the fairest of them all?!"

"... Roses are red, violets are blue, I'm afraid my Queen it's not you but Snow Blue..." Ms. Ayuri answered, modulating her voice to act as a magic mirror.

Trying to turn around, I suddenly had an urge to scratch my shoulders because of itchiness. However, I was on stage so I figured that I mustn't!

"PRINCE ZOU!"

"Y-Yes, My Queen..?"

"Snow Blue has been rude to you, AM I RIGHT?!"

"Y-Yes..?" Zou stepped back so I wondered if it's an act or shock?

"Go to the forest and get rid of her because I CERTAINLY HAVE HAD ENOUGH!!!"

People thought that I was so absorbed in my acting that I portrayed a mad character so well. In reality, I just yelled so much to forget my itchy shoulders.

Walking out of the stage, I left Zou dumbfounded.

Er... I have to apologize later.

"The Evil Queen, jealous of Snow Blue's beauty, exploded in front of Prince Zou. Giving him a big responsibility, the prince went out, looking for Snow Blue."

Eris entered the stage after Ms. Ayuri's narration and Zou unsheathed his props sword.

"I see that you have no fear and now, you are here, ready to take my life... How dare you..."

"Hear me out, my princess! I also despise you, however," Zou took a pause, sheathing his sword back. "... seeing your death is not what I wish for."

"Oh..? Thanks for the precaution, my prince. We might have hated each other, our paths shall cross again."

They turned around then exited in opposite directions of each other.

Some students offered their help for our change of sceneries. They carried the trees and a house to the stage for our forest scene as Eris walked in again.

"What on earth is this house? Oh, anyway, I shall stay here. Pardon my intrusion--"

"Stop right there, insolent human!"

Eris glanced to her left and right, acting confused about where that voice came from until Claus stepped out of the house props.

"W-what . . . A DWARF?!"

"Seeing a creature that she had never met before, Snow Blue passed out. The rest of the dwarves came out and carried her to their home."

Ms. Ayuri placed the mic on a table and she entered with Ms. Anna, Claus, and Kein. As they carried Eris, exiting the stage, I prepared myself for my next scene.

... Where in the world is Kyou?

Grabbing the mic again, she continued,
"Back at the castle, the Evil Queen discovered that Snow Blue was still alive. With the help of magic potion, she disguised herself, wearing a cloak, to deceive Snow Blue."

Inside my purple cloak was only a simple dress. With the help of our stylists, my costume was changed faster than I thought. Bye-bye, itchiness!

Entering the stage, I wore the hood then knocked at the house props. Our Snow Blue came out, rubbing her eyes that looked like she just woke up.

"W-Wah!"

Wah..? It's not in the script..! This was the part where Eris and I would mess up in our rehearsals. She would always shout because she said that I look so cute in a cloak... But the problem was I also messed up something...

Looking at my hands, I got petrified. I'm not holding any apple!

"..." We stared at each other with a piece of shamefulness.

Anyway, the first thing that we should do is to stay calm...

"Nice to meet you, young lady."

"Y-yeah... I apologize for shouting. I'm just... uhm... surprised that the dwarves have a human friend. However, I'm afraid that they left just a while ago."

"Did you know where they went?" I asked, to buy some time while thinking of what we should do.

"Uhm... I fell asleep and didn't see where they went..."

"Is that so..? Well then, I'll go after them but I get lost easily so... may I ask you to come with me?"

"O-Of course!" she answered like there's a star in her eyes.

Glancing at the audience, I could tell that they wanted to say "Don't!" 'cause from their angles, Snow Blue's more naive than Snow White. Although that wouldn't be the case if they knew the original script...

And with that, we left the stage and I faced our narrator.
"Ah!!! I'm sorry, Ms. Ayuri!"

"It's fine. You did well, you two," she replied then clapped. "We're going back to the original script so prepare yourselves!"

"Y-yes!"

This time, I made sure that I grabbed the apple...

"As the two wandered through the forest, the Evil Queen brought an apple out of her cloak's pocket."

"I can go alone now... Take this, Snow Blue, as a token of gratitude."

"A gift from Myl-- you! Thank you!"

I glanced at Ms. Ayuri and saw her hitting her forehead to the table.

"You mean, a gift from milady?"

"Y-yes, Myl-- Milady!"

The whispers from the audience reached my ears.
"I think the Evil Queen is the leading man of Snow Blue."
"Shh! Wait for the prince!"
"This play is fun ahahahah!"

I wanna tear up from satisfaction~ 

Okay, so... focusing on the play, Ms. Ayuri continued,
"The Evil Queen left Snow Blue in the woods. However, she realized that the disguised Evil Queen just mentioned her name even though Snow Blue didn't. Because of that, Snow Blue threw the apple away out of suspicion."

Eris froze. She probably wanted to treasure it. Some of the students murmured,
"Aw... cruel narrator. Just let her keep it."
"I thought she was naive? Wait. Is this really... a Snow White reference?"

Haha... I know. Crazy, right? But you enjoyed it hohoho...

Our Snow Blue threw the apple away then stomped out of the stage. On the other hand, I went back to the stage along with the house props. 

"Ha! I'll make sure that she'll have nowhere to go home!" I exclaimed.

Raising both of my hands, Kein smoke bombed the stage for my great effects while Ms. Anna and Claus pulled the house out of the scene.

As the smoke faded away, my eyes widened when there's something that's not in the script again.

"K-Kyou?!" I hissed, glancing at Ms. Ayuri, but she just waved at me with a refreshing smile. 

This dwarf was in the bed. Naturally.., because his role is Sleepy the Dwarf. Going along with Ms. Ayuri's whatever trip, I went near him.

"I almost killed this dwarf..." I said, 'cause I couldn't think of any lines.

I stepped back when Kyou's eyes opened. He sat properly on his bed then yawned, stretching up his arms. Glancing at me, he spoke up,
"But you didn't, Miss Evil Queen." He smiled at me that made me gulp.

... Ms. Ayuri, what in the world?!

From the stage, I could see her giggling. Anyway, haha... the audience is also enjoying this. There's no time for a Kill-joy Arjera. Whatever might happen, I shall trust these Zeyerns.

"You are... an acquaintance of Snow Blue, I believe?"

"Not really... Anyway, my name is Sleepy. Nice to meet you."

I raised an eyebrow.
"Why would I be nice to someone related to Snow Blue?"

"Ohhh!!!" the crowd reacted.

"Because... you like me already?"

"..." I went silent while the crowd went Kya~! Kya~! Kya~!

Ms. Ayuri's building a ship with the side characters! 

"Just kidding. I'm so lively because you know, I slept for 5 days."

"... You're also kidding, right?"

"Nope," he answered, turning his back to me. When I stretched my neck just to see what's on his hand, he brought out an apple. "You want some, Miss Evil Queen?"

"Is that poisoned?"

"Poisoned? I'm not like you."

I was kind of not used to Kyou who's answering back. But it's nice to see the actor side of him. It's in the blood of Zeyerns perhaps.

"Fine, give it to me."

I held the apple and stared at it. As it slowly went closer to my lips, the audience leaned forward.

"I'm still doubting you after all--"

I was interrupted. The apple in my right hand was already on the level of my lips. So when there's a sudden push, the apple locked my lips. As I looked in front of me, my eyes met with Kyou's. Moreover, his lips were also... locked on the other side of the apple...

"A-an indirect kiss!" they all hissed... which was also my reaction.

"Does it taste great?"

"... I-I haven't bitten it yet!"

"Good timing! I'm also hungry because I haven't eaten for 5 days. So... can I?"

"G-go ahead..." Wait. What in the world am I saying?!

"I thank you, my queen."

"You're... n-not welcome!" I shouted and he just giggled.

After Kyou ate the apple, he spoke again.
"Let's take a tour outside, Miss Evil Queen."

"... What are you planning this time?"

"Nothing in particular. I just... want to make you mine..." What kind of dwarf likes an evil queen?!

"Then try harder..." I turned to my back. Glancing at him, I smiled. "Let's go."

"... I have no match for you, Miss Arjera," he whispered as he went near me. 

"And so... the Evil Queen and Sleepy the Dwarf went out to the forest..."

Kyou and I exited the stage. Ms. Ayuri passed her microphone to the emcee and she continued,
"Thank you for watching, everyone! The play will continue after the lunch break."

... Finally!

"Ms. Ayuri, Kyou, what in the world was that?!"

"Just adding some spice~"

"I know, but--! Er... Never mind..." I sighed then smiled, glancing at the crowd. "More importantly, looks like they love our play..."

"... I apologize, Miss Arjera. Big sis was bothered that the dwarves have less screentime."

"You should've told me though..."

"I ordered him not to... because I want your scene with Kyou to be natural."

"Including the apple scene..?"

They looked at each other. Seemed like no one wanted to answer.

"Whoever made that idea, it's great but tell me next time." Since I don't actually hate it...

I sat on a bench and looked at the ceiling for my rest. I also placed a towel, covering my eyes...

After a few minutes, my ears caught a conversation of two familiar voices.

"Myle, help me with--"

"Wait, Lev Vande. She needs to rest." It's probably Kyou's voice...

"... Sorry, I didn't notice."

I abruptly straightened my back, letting the towel slip from my face to my lap. There was a sudden flash in my mind, making it go blank... 

"Kyou..." I said, hoping that my weakened voice would reach him. "Kyou..."

It's painful, the sudden headache...

"Miss Arjera!"

My senses were also not cooperating with me...

"Ms. Ayuri, no matter what happens... please continue the play..."

... for me and for the audience.

It felt like they're all calling my name. Still, I couldn't hear them.

It's painful... it's painful... not only physically but also because of the memories...

My memories... It's coming back...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.7M 218K 20
"Rose, I'm sorry, but your eyesight will be gone by the end of this year." Who knew one simple sentence could change a life so drastically? Rose is a...
33.3K 3K 74
The parallel lives of two princesses living a millennium apart are bound together in the most unlikely of ways. Princess Aebbé of Ardam, haunted by...
1.7K 391 30
-Nightmare Awards First Place winner "Have you only ever seen her in your dreams?" He says picking at a piece of grass. I wait a few moments to respo...
746 83 19
COMPLETED ✨ Cover made by me : ) Blessing In Disguise ~Eyes that make you forget all about yourself. Excerpt: "Please listen to me doctor Harris! I...