Haunted (Alastor x OC)

By whatevers_whatev

Moving into a new house on your own is never easy. Aria moves away from the city into a new home, deep withi... More

A\N
Ch 1
Ch 2
Ch 3
Ch 4
Ch 5
Ch 6
Ch 7
Ch 8
Ch 10
Ch 11
Ch 12
Ch 13
Ch 14
Ch 15
Ch 16
Ch 17
Ch 18
Ch 19
Ch 20
Ch 21
Ch 22
Ch 23
Ch 24
Ch 25
Ch 26
Ch 27
Ch 28
Ch 29
Ch 30
Ch 31
Ch 32
Ch 33
Ch 34
Ch 35
Ch 36
Ch 37
Ch 38
Ch 39
Ch 40
Ch 41
Ch 42
Ch 43
Ch 44
Ch 45
Ch 46
Ch 47
Ch 48
Ch 49
Ch 50
Ch 51
Ch 52
Ch 53
Ch 54
Ch 55
Ch 56
Ch 57
Ch 58
Ch 59
Ch 60
Ch 61
Ch 62
Ch 63
Ch 64
Ch 65
Ch 66
Ch 67
Ch 68
Ch 69
Ch 70
Ch 71
Ch 72
Ch 73
Ch 74
Ch 75
Ch 76
Ch 77
Ch 78
Ch 79
Ch 80
Ch 81
Ch 82
Ch 83
Ch 84
Ch 85
Ch 86
Ch 87
Ch 88
Final Notes
UPDATE!
UPDATE: NEW STORY.
New cover!

Ch 9

6.8K 275 134
By whatevers_whatev

Sorry my hand slipped

Alastor's POV

Most days I find myself checking in on my home. Before this litte mortal moved in, I barely ever checked on this place.

However, with her here I find myself frequenting it quite often.

Much to my disappointment, she seems to be taking our agreement quite seriously. She takes special care of the entire house, keeping it clean.

She also makes sure not to break or touch much if she can help it.

I'm convinced that's why I check on her so frequently...to see if she slips up. Then I can have a little bit of proper fun punishing her.

But alas...no such luck.

Although I visit almost every day, in the two weeks she's lived here she's only interacted with me those first two times.

I think she's beginning to feel more comfortable now, she probably thinks I've forgotten her.

As of right now, I'm hiding in the shadows of the living room, watching her closely. She was currently reading one of my old novels.

One of my favorites.

As I watched her, I narrowed my eyes. My smile widened, now here's a game...

If she so happens to even so much as crease a page in this novel, I will punish her. She gave me no deal, no rules on our arrangement.

So I can do whatever I want, when I want.

But my smile slowly lessened the more I watched her. An hour passed of her just quietly reading.

Boredom set in and I found myself wanting to reveal myself to her and bother her. However as I tuned into her soft breathing I put a pause on my plans.

I was halfway between being visible and not, my brows furrowing.

Her breaths were soft and even, her face forming a calm expression. Her heartbeat was calm, and I remembered the second day I spent with her.

When I had misinterpreted her intentions...

I remember looking down at her scared face, relishing in that emotion until she spoke.

"I thought we were playing..."

Those words, for whatever reason, made a weird feeling rise in my chest. I couldn't pinpoint what the feeling was...

However, it went away once I made her lunch. I felt as if I'd made up for what I did, and she seemed to forgive me as well.

Although when I approached her, I didn't miss the spike of fear or the quickened heart beat.

I felt as if my appearance would stem that same reaction...and that's why I froze.

There was a part of me that didn't want to ruin her quiet time...that didn't want to ruin her calm moment. I didn't want to hear her heartbeat quicken, or watch her eyes fill with fear.

So, when I realized I'd made myself known for a little too long, and she perked up, I quickly retreated back into the shadows.

She turned around, a curious look on her face.

I just watched her...hidden.

She shrugged, turning back around and resuming her book.

**

I've spent my entire day following this mortal around.

She isn't very interesting...however, I found myself enjoying her company anyway. I still hadn't shown myself...not wanting that fearful reaction.

I knew I'd have to eventually, but not now.

Not when she hasn't done anything to deserve it.

Sitting in my living room, I was reading a book of my own that I'd gone down to hell for. I looked up and realized she was no longer in here with me.

My eyes widened and I glanced at the clock.

10:30...

I suppose it is late.

I stood up, shutting my book with a sigh. I glanced over at the stairs.

I'll...I should check on her. Just to make sure she's not...messing up my room.

I teleported into the shadows of her room, a soft smile on my face.

However, my eyes widened and my smile almost completely dropped when my eyes found her.

Sobbing.

Heavy, dry sobs left her throat. She was under her covers, sitting up with her back hunched over and her fingers tangled into her hair.

How long has she been up here like this...?

I took a small step forward, unsure of how to approach such a situation.

Slowly my legs carried me over to her, my form solidifying so she could see me if she looked up. I sat on her bed, and she gasped, her head jerking up and immediately facing me.

Her eyes were bloodshot and glossy, her cheeks wet with tears.

I tilted my head at her. I had restored my smile, and I was just looking at her.

"W-what do you want!" She spat at me, more tears building up behind her eyes. They fell over her cheeks and she shut her eyes and tucked her head back down to hide her face.

"Go away."

I scooted closer to her, leaning forward slightly to smell her.

Sadness...fear...stress

Those were the scents I was picking up.

She sniffed, momentarily stopping her heavy crying to peek over at me.

"Did you just...smell me...?" She asked, her voice sounding confused.

I leaned back, clasping my hands in front of me.

"Indeed, darling. I'm trying to pinpoint your problem," I explained and she furrowed her brows.

"My problem...? He's sitting right next to me."

I lowered my eyelids, her little attitude breaking through even when she's like this.

I reached forward then, going to wipe her tears away. However I paused when her eyes widened and her heart rate increased.

She shut her eyes tightly and flinched away.

I sighed softly, continuing.

My thumb met her cheek gently and I swiped away the tears. The scrunch in her face lessened and her eyes slowly opened.

She looked over at me, the tension in her body relaxing.

"What are you doing..." she nearly mumbled, sniffling.

I'm not sure, cher.

"I'm just...trying to help, I suppose," I answered, lifting her chin slightly and using my other hand to wipe away the tears on her other cheek.

Her mouth was formed into a soft pout and her eyes were looking up at me curiously. I glanced at them, watching as her left eye squinted a bit when my thumb brushed over her cheek near it.

I paused for a moment, warmth crawling up my neck. I quickly shook my head and looked away, clearing my throat as I pulled away from her.

"Well, dear, now that you've calmed down, want to tell me what it was that had you so upset?"

She pulled her knees up to her chest, crossing her arms over them. She then laid her head onto her arm pillow.

"I don't know..."

I hummed, reaching over and brushing my fingers through her hair. Something mother used to do for me when I was upset as a child.

Given...she's not a child...But I'm not sure what else I can do.

She flinched away when I did it, though, and looked over at me with a curious expression.

"You're being weird."

Her words almost made me laugh. I let my expression relax, a soft grin on my face.

"Dear, if we're going to share my house I want to at least be helpful when I can be...but I feel as if I'm failing," I chuckled and a little smile rose on her face.

She used her arm to push my hand away from her head, and then sat up a bit more.

"You aren't failing...are you really fucking awkward and horrible at consoling people? Yea..." she chuckled, "but surprisingly, I do feel better."

I let my hand fall into my lap and sighed, "I figured as much...well...I bid you goodnight then, cher," I hummed, patting her on the head before standing up.

I glanced back at her before I transported back to hell. She was watching me with a calm expression.

I turned away but her voice made me freeze.

"Also, I hope you know when you're watching me from the shadows like a creep, I know you're there."

I could practically hear the smile on her face.

My own widened and without another word I transported back to hell.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.6K 170 7
AppleRadio story - Lucifer and Alastor are a married couple that ended things badly and were seperated taking one kid with them, they met again at Ch...
260K 7.2K 38
(Y/n), a normal teenage girl living a comfortable sub-urban life. Supporting friends and family along with good grades in school. Until she meets the...
248K 6.9K 70
A young woman named Ariel is messing around one night and accidentally summons a trickster demon by mistake. Well...maybe not mistake, but she didn'...
6.2K 184 8
You are a deer sinner and Vox's assistant. He casts you away while you are in heat and you end up stumbling upon the Hazbin Hotel. This is not ocxala...