Audacious//JJ Maybank (Outerb...

Door Nikkiwritees

¥showing a willingness to take surprisingly bold risks¥ In which Jackie Routledge and her group of friends fr... Meer

Introduction
Chapter 1 (season 1)
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39 (season 2)
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71 (Bonus)
Chapter 72 (Bonus part 2)
Announcement
Chapter 73 (season 3)
Chapter 74

Chapter 60

402 9 1
Door Nikkiwritees

{Bonefire}

The bonefire, an Outer Banks tradition. It was the same weekend like every other year. Everyone went. And I mean everyone. I, myself have never missed one. It felt good to be back here, after everything that's happened to the Pogues and I.

'Look, I'm just saying that if you talk to your parents, you know, and, like, actually let them talk and listen, maybe they'd let you back.' Pope talks to Kie about her parents as they walk away from us, leaving JJ, John b and I behind. JJ throws his arm around John b and I as we walk through the crowd of people drinking, dancing and making out. John b seemed off about the whole Sarah thing and JJ wasn't having it. 'I know. But, dude, her father blew up right in front of her. Just give her a minute, all right?' JJ tells John b. 'In the meantime, shotgun right now. Like old days..' JJ says as he walks us over to a table surrounded by people we know. 'Hey derelicts.' A girl calls out as she throws a can at us.

We all look over to see the girl sitting on top of a rock, making goggly eyes at John b. 'Hey, there she is.' JJ says pointing at John b. 'We're going to go somewhere else.' JJ says as he winks at me and grabs my hand pulling me away from the crowd. 'Should we leave him alone with her?' I ask him and he shrugs. 'He's a grown man. He'll be fine.' JJ assures me, as he continues to lead me away. I glance back at my brother and let out a sigh. JJ and I moved to the centre where everyone's dancing. 'Wanna dance?' He asks loudly as he spins me around, I let out a chuckle. He sways me around as we dance in rhythm to the music.

'You know it's much more fun at the bonefire when you're taken. Now, I have you all to myself. For the rest of our lives.' He says softly into my ear and I chuckle as he places one hand on my waist and the other interlocked with mine as we continue to sway to the music. 'Yeah. It was so annoying when all the boys kept coming up to Kie and I.' I say sarcastically and JJ rolls his eyes, as I burst out laughing. 'I can't believe this might be our last bonefire.' I sigh and he furrows his eyebrows in confusion. 'It is?' He questions. 'Well, next year we'll have another human being to take care of. We won't have time for partying, drinking and doing that much weed anymore. It'll be all thrown out the window.' I say as JJ takes a deep breath. 'Are you willing to sacrifice some of those things?' I ask him seriously and he glances at me as his eyes soften. 'Of course.' He answers with a smile and I let out a sigh of relief. 'All the bad stuff will be gone.' He whispers to me and I rest my head against his chest. 'You're amazing, J. I love you.' I tell him. 'I love you too.' He replies. He then plants various kisses as he makes his way down to my neck, I bend my neck back a tiny bit more, giving him more access. 'JJ..' I moan as he kisses my soft spot on my neck. 'God, I love you so fucking much.' He moans as he makes his way back up, colliding his lips with mine once again.

'JJ! Jackie! Ew!' Pope fakes get sick as JJ and I pull apart and groan. 'What?' We say annoyedly in unison. 'You guys can continue this later preferably in a room, come on.' He says as he grabs JJ and I's hand and leads us through the crowd. My eyes widen in shock as I see a crowd surrounded in a circle around John b and Topper, as Sarah and the girl John b stayed with arguing. 'Shit!' I curse as JJ goes to help John b and I walk over to help Sarah. 'Do we have a problem here?' I question raising my eyebrows as the girl shoves Sarah back into my arms and I quickly catch her before she falls. 'Well if it isn't Jackie Routledge? Always intervening in other people's problems. Don't you have your own problems to sort like that mistake you're carrying.' She scoffs, pointing at my stomach and I clench my fist in anger at her words. 'First, this is my business as you are messing with my sister in law.' I argue before throwing a punch to the girl, knocking her to the ground. 'Oh god!' Sarah gasps as her eyes widen in shock at my actions. 'Second, don't you ever fucking talk about my baby like that again.' I spit on her as she glares at me before standing up. 'You're so lucky you're knocked up.' The girls chuckles, glaring at me before walking away. 'Bitch, you're lucky I'm pregnant.' I snap back at her, crossing my arms as the girl rolls her eyes and leaves. 'Are you okay?' Sarah asks me and the biggest smile plasters across my face. 'Never been better. Are you okay?' I ask her worriedly and she sighs, pulling me in for a hug.

'We should stop them!' Sarah sighs as we look over at the boys fighting. 'I suppose.' I chuckle breaking apart from the hug. 'John b! JJ! Kie! Pope! Stop! 'I yell grabbing their attention as we all look at each other before running. JJ runs to me and grabs my arm as we all run to the van, everyone yelling and shouting at us from behind us. 'Well, that was a little unexpected.' JJ grunts as he leans on the exterior of the van. 'Was it?' Kie looks over at us. John B laid in the back with a can pressed against his head, Pope sits in the driver seat beside Kie while JJ and I still stand outside. 'Hey, maybe she'll come around.' JJ tries to assure John b. 'It's like everything that happens to us didn't matter.' John b mumbles. 'Are you okay?' JJ asks turning to face me as he scans my body for any injuries. 'I'm fine. I just helped Sarah out with that girl.' I roll my eyes. 'Did she say something?' JJ asks and I let out a sigh. 'The bitch fucking called our baby a mistake!' I say angrily and JJ rolls his eyes. 'Don't listen to her or anyone else, baby. None of what they say is true.' He says softly and I nod. 'I know.' I mutter pulling him in for a hug.

***

We all head back to the Chateau as we decided to throw our own little party in the backyard. Pope starts the fire, Kie and I turn in the lights outside while John b and JJ grab drinks from the fridge. 'I've had more black eyes in the last month than I've ever had in my life.' Pope says as he puts a marshmallow on a stick. 'That was building up for years. Rumble in the jungle.' JJ chuckles as he hands me some of his marshmallow and I take them and eat them. 'Hey, did you really stick up for Sarah?' John b asks looking at me. 'Of course I did. She's family.' I state. 'I saw you full on punch the other girl.' Kie says as we burst out laughing. 'The bitch had it coming.' I say rolling my eyes.

JJ winces, throwing his hands back as he touches the hot smore, he had just made. He tries to pick it up, but drops it again. 'Give it a minute, JJ.' I tell him as I let out a snicker. 'I just want one bite.' My brother says as he takes a pile of Kie's marshmallows and starts eating them before she notices. 'What are you doing? No, stop!' She protests as he downs them. 'You're not having any of mine. I already have one marshmallow thief beside me.' JJ states as I glare at him. 'Hey! You didn't have a problem with me taking them.' I defend and he chuckles placing a kiss on my cheek before stuffing a marshmallow in my mouth. 'I spent my money on that.' Kie states glaring at John b. 'I'm stealing your marshmallows.' Kie tells Pope as John b looks off into the distance. 'Ssh. Someone's here.' John b shushes us all as we look in the direct he is. 'You don't think Topper would..' Kie goes to speak. 'He wouldn't!' I state cutting her off. 'Do you have the gun?' Kie asks JJ and he shakes his head. 'Oh, now y'all want the gun.' He throws his hands in the air. 'You don't have it.' Kie argues. Pope shushes them as we follow after John b. JJ grabs me and pulls me behind him.

'How are y'all doing?' Redfield, Limbrey's right hand man asks emerging form behind the trees. 'This piece of shit!' Pope groans. 'For fuck sake.' I curse as JJ places his hand around my back and pulls me as close as possible to him. 'Lovely evening, we're having.' He says, walking closer to us as he puts his hand in the air, showing us he's weaponless. 'Look, I don't hold grudges with any of y'all all right, but this can either go the hard or easy way.' He says as he moves his jacket a little, revealing his gun. 'You know what I'm here for.' He states pointing directly at Pope. 'Let me show you a little demonstration. You see that swing.' He points towards the swing. 'I got the best bow hunters in the Army Rangers with me.' He states with a devilish smirk. JJ walks over to the swing. 'Hmm.' He says as Renfield whistles and moments later a arrow comes flying above JJs head hitting the rope, my eyes widen in fear.

John b, JJ and Pope immediately pull Kie and I behind them as they used their bodies as protection for us. JJ goes to hit Renfield, but he quickly whistles and an arrow gets shot at the front of JJ's feet. 'JJ!' I gasp as Renfield smirks. 'Now I'm not gonna give you a countdown or any bullshit. I'm just gonna whistle.' He states and we all look at each other with worry. 'And I know your girlfriend is pregnant with your child, buddy, so I wouldn't try anything like that again, or..' he looks at JJ pausing for a moment than turning around to face me. 'I'll let them shoot at her.' He chuckles as JJ clenches his jaw and fists in anger as he steps back beside me. Pope takes a deep breath as he takes out the key from his pocket. 'This key belongs to my family.' Pope speaks sternly, letting out a sigh of defeat as he hands the key over to Renfield.

'Did the right thing, kid.' Renfield says. 'Stay safe y'all and have a good night.' He smirks before walking away, taking the bow hunters with him. I let out a deep breath like I felt I've been holding in for so long as I pull JJ in for a hug. 'I'm so sick of this shit.' Pope says annoyedly, as he walks the other way, not knowing if he wanted to run away, punch something or breakdown crying. Pope heads inside and goes into our dads old room, slamming the door behind him not coming out for the rest of the night, while Kie goes to sleep on the hammock outside. JJ, John b and I put out the fire and clean up outside the backyard before turning off the back lights and heading inside to bed. JJ and I just stayed up talking, kissing and just cuddling each other all night, too scared to fall asleep incase anyone else would like to pay us an unexpected visit.

To be Continued...

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

5.8K 255 12
❝ rule number five: never be seen with a pogue ❞ The war between pogues and kooks continues to rage as a storm of emotion brews between sides, puttin...
12.6K 203 48
outer banks: one year after the treasure hunt John B and Sarah are missing. Pope and Kie are still together. Rafe and Ward haven't been arrested. At...
174K 4.1K 62
"𝙀𝙣𝙤𝙪𝙜𝙝 𝙜𝙖𝙢𝙚𝙨" "𝙅𝙅-" "𝙉𝙤, 𝘾𝙖𝙡𝙡𝙞𝙚, 𝙟𝙪𝙨𝙩 𝙩𝙚𝙡𝙡 𝙢𝙚. 𝙍𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩 𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚, 𝙧𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩 𝙣𝙤𝙬, 𝙬𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙙𝙤 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙬𝙖�...
59.4K 1.4K 52
𝐅𝐎𝐎𝐋'𝐒 𝐆𝐎𝐋𝐃 ❝𝙔𝙤𝙪'𝙧𝙚 𝙣𝙤𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙠𝙞𝙣𝙙 𝙤𝙛 𝙥𝙚𝙧𝙨𝙤𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙄'𝙢 𝙨𝙪𝙥𝙥𝙤𝙨𝙚𝙙 𝙩𝙤 𝙡𝙞𝙠𝙚.❞ ❝𝙔𝙤𝙪 𝙠𝙣𝙤𝙬, 𝙄 𝙙𝙤�...