GINGERSNAPS

By theginger412

Olivia Evans, who was given up at birth by her mother, Petunia, later finds out that she is a witch. Just whe... More

1. The Past meets The Future
2. Settling In
3. Lemonade
4. Flash
5. Captured Moments
6. Breaking Through
7. Scolded
8. Beaten Up
9. Petrified
10. Safe
11. Leaky Cauldron
12. Respects
13. Challenged
14. Slashed
15. Mischief Managed
16. Yearbook
17. Bring The Lion Out
18. The Cup
19. Moony
20. Contact
21. Toffee
22. Strawberry Ice Cream
23. The World Cup
24. Her Heart
25. Moody
26. The Tournament
27. Her Name
28. Her Wand
29. Her Dragon
30. The First Task
31. Her Flame
32. Love Potion
33. The Yule Ball
34. The Second Task
35. Birthdays
36. The Third Task
37. Graveyard
38. Her Friend
39. In Memory
40. Grimmauld Place
41. Pieces of Her
42. Inked
43. Lavender Tea
44. Uncle
45. Firewhiskey
46. Ministry of Magic
47. The Hearing
48. Treacle Tart
49. Evans
50. Her Boggart
51. Kings Cross
52. Bloody Mess
53. Skeleton
54. Playing with Fire
55. Last, First Match
56. Attacked
57. St. Mungos
58. Honey
59. P for Percy
60. Drooble's Best Blowing Gum
61. Her Letters and Feathers
62. Occlumency
63. Not Tonight
64. Cornish Pixies
65. Red Lace
66. Yellow Paint
67. Sacked
68. Changes and Captures
69. Style
70. Adventure's End
71. Blowing Kisses
72. Stunned
73. Evans
74. Her Death
76. From The Ashes
77. Her Funeral
78. Her First
79. Broomsticks & Sunsets
80. The Return
81. Scars
82. Permission
83. Paints and Pranks
84. Red
85. Normal
86. Vials and Stakes
87. Blood Oath
88. Arm Sling
89. Trunk of Photos
90. Never Know
91. In This Life
92. Melted Metal

75. Cracks In Their World

1.7K 69 26
By theginger412

Remus stepped into the corridor to have a moment alone.

He ran his hands through his hair, pacing back and forth.

"I'm sorry Sunshine, but you might have been wrong about me. I don't know- I don't know if I can keep going on... oh gosh sunshine, I miss you..." he spoke to himself in a hushed voice.

His chest was heaving as he paced finally he slid down the stone wall, cradling his knees to his chest. Remus didn't know how long he was there for but his knees ached in the joints from stiffness.

Making it difficult to stand when he heard the approaching footsteps. Charlie had come around the corner when Remus had got to his feet.

"Lupin! What's going on? You wrote to me instead of Olivia, did something bad happen?" Charlie in a panicked tone, as he got closer to the man.

Remus dug down for the littlest amount of strength he had left. "Yeah, something bad happened Charlie," he said breathlessly. "Something really bad."

"Tell me then.." Charlie said. He knew it had to be bad, if it was Remus here telling him. If it was him instead of Olivia. Because she'd be here then, because she's always here for him. She's always there for the twins and his family. She's always there for everyone.

Looking at Remus standing there, with a face that screamed sorrow, Charlie came to the news of what he was going to say before Remus said it. Charlie knew but he needed Remus to just say it, to say it and make it real.

So Charlie, prepared for the pain to come, that would crack his chest wide open, for the pain that would bring him to his knees. Pain that he would experience again over and over if it was the price to pay for this not to be true, but he would feel the pain over and over again until his last breath.

"She's dead." Remus said all too softly.

Charlie staggered a few steps back, the words hitting their target. His vision became black around the edges, his knees buckled. He grasped for the wall, for anything to tether him to reality.

Suddenly, the world grew colder to him, knowing that she was not in it. The June weather felt like a winters kiss on his skin.

He could feel it, the shift in the world, how empty it felt, just as hollow as his chest felt.

"Where is she... where-" Charlie whispered.

"She's inside, with the others." Remus answered.

"Okay. Okay... and Snape, you made sure to, uh, to-"

"He knows." Said Remus, "Your brothers and Sirius are inside with her now. Harry was there when it happened. And Dumbledore will inform McGonagall."

Charlie nodded his head, taking deep breaths. He closed his eyes for just a moment, then he straightened his back, walked over to the double doors and opened it.

He could see them gathered around a bed. Sirius' shaggy hair draped over his back, Fred and George bent over with their heads in their hands. There was others but Charlie couldn't process their faces as he started towards the group.

He couldn't hear any of the words spoke to him, he couldn't even feel the sympathy for pushing through to the bedside.

He didn't know when his knees finally gave out or why his cheeks were suddenly damp, but he didn't care. How could he care about anything else when the person that made him feel so alive was not.

Someone must have put him in a chair because the pressure was gone off his knees. Charlie bent over nuzzling his nose in her honeysuckle hair, the scent broke him over as he gave way to his sobs. He held her freckled cheeks, leaning his forehead into her temple.

"Time... I want more time..." he whispered into his sobs.

Charlie could feel that his tears were running out, so with that he pressed his lips to her cheek, kissing her one last time. And he let go.

He let go, because that was no longer Olivia. That was no longer the love of his life, but a shell of who Olivia was, and no longer is. Because she was gone. Olivia was gone.

Charlie sat in that wooden chair, letting the ice coat his broken heart. Giving way to the cold that took over him completely, because without Olivia here, there was nothing left to warm his soul like she did.

He looked up across the bed sat Sirius, with a blank stare. Fred and George were next to him, staring at their best friend. Charlie felt the presence of others in the beds but he couldn't bring himself to look.

Remus had come in from the corridor, standing down a bit from them. Silence blanketed over the room, that was soon disturbed by the sound of pounding footsteps coming this way.

The door knocked open bouncing off the wall, as Snape strolled in. Dumbledore and Harry a step behind him as they came to stand at the foot of Olivia's bed.

Snape stone cold softened as he took in the sight of her. The mask chipping away as he looked down at his daughter.

"Where's her camera?" Snape said. "She doesn't have her camera."

"Severus.." Dumbledore said laying a hand on his shoulder.

"No, she needs her camera. She always has it, and she should have it now. Olivia isn't her, without her camera around her neck-" Snape shouted

"Alright, Severus, we will get it." Said Dumbledore calmly, Snapping his fingers.

Suddenly a house elf appeared, the headmaster bent over giving the elf instructions and then the elf vanished only to reappear with the camera.

The elf handed it over, but looked down at Olivia was a grieved face before vanishing.

"There Severus, her camera." Dumbledore said handing it to the man. Snape looked at it in his hands, then back up where Olivia laid. Sirius stood, holding out a hand to Snape.

"Here, I'll put it on her." Sirius said softly. Snape snarled at him.

"You will not." Said Snape furiously.

"I'm just trying to help." Sirius said anger slipping into his voice.

"Help? Don't you think you've helped enough!" Snape snapped.

"Severus-" Dumbledore started.

"Don't Severus me! He's the reason this happened! He's the reason my daughter is dead!" Snape yelled.

Sirius lunged forward, Harry blocked him. "YOU DON'T THINK I KNOW THIS IS MY FAULT! THAT SHE IS DEAD BECAUSE OF ME!" He roared trying to get around his godson. "She wasn't just your daughter!! She was my niece! You aren't the only one to love her! She was all of ours! You selfish- slimy- toe rag lookin-"

Everyone had stood up trying to get between the fight men. Fred and George were holding back Sirius, while Charlie and Remus held back Snape. Dumbledore stood in the middle trying to reason with them.

The Sun had risen and started shining through the windows, beams of light casting onto Olivia's body. No one noticed.

Even as a layer of ash covered Olivia's skin. Not even when smoke was rolling around her. Ginny who was in the bed across from Olivia's was the first to smell the smoke.

Ginny couldn't believe it! Olivia's entire body was covered in ashes, that you could no longer even see her hair or any of her features.

"Guys..." she said not waiting to look away. The riot of chaos kept raging on.

"Guys!" She said louder, still no one heard her. The ashes started to crack open.

"GUYS!" Ginny yelled, everyone paused looked at her. She pointed to Olivia's bed. "LOOK!"

Everyone stood still as they pinned back the two fighters exactly where they had been when Ginny had shouted for their attention. The camera dangling in the middle between where Snape and Sirius both gripped onto the strap. Everyone looked to where she pointed.

On Olivia's bed, was a pile of ash where her body had been. Smoke was rolling from the cracks of the opening ashes.

Right where Olivia's hand had been just a moment ago, was one of the largest cracks. Then suddenly, an arm broke through, sticking straight up in the air.

Everyone's heart stopped. Charlie's shattered heart stopped. No one made a sound, no moved an inch. When the ashes continued to crack open wide, and suddenly a curly ginger girl sat up. The Sun glowing onto her glittering skin.

And through some miracle, by some blessing from the stars above, the lids of her eyes shuttered open. And Sirius's legs buckled under him, his knees hitting the stone floor, as he got to see those blue ringed green eyes again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.6K 179 33
Adrienne Potter doesn't remember her birth parents. They died at the hands of the most feared dark wizard in the magical word of the time. She grew u...
106K 3.1K 88
{Won 3rd place on the Sorting 2021 Competition} A mixture between Harry Potter books lore and Hogwarts: Mystery game A Charlie Weasley x OC story fro...
93.3K 2.9K 35
Y/N starts her 5th year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry as the new Prefect girl. But she's not using her prefect abilities for what the...
879K 24K 42
Ruth is the youngest of the Ash triplets. Born only three minutes after her sisters, Ruth has always been the odd one out. She's been invisible all...