Endless Addiction | Completed

By kikiwritess

He takes a step forward and stops. He shakes his head looking down at his feet "I can't kiss you, Analia." Wh... More

Disclaimer
Face Claims
Character Aesthetics
Prologue
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
Epilogue
Author's Note

19

4.2K 91 57
By kikiwritess

Analia Rayne ||

The sun peaks through my large curtains beaming on my eyes.

I rise from my bed and stretch my arms up.

I grab my phone to see the time and see it's 11 in the morning. I slept for a good 11 hours.

Swinging my feet out from the bed, touching the cold floor, I get up and head to the bathroom to shower. I shower and do my morning routine. After picking out an outfit which is just a pair of grey sweats and a black crew neck, I walk out of my room.

To my surprise, all the guys are in the apartment.

Decorating?

I see a huge sign that says happy birthday and millions of light pink, white, light purple, and cream-colored balloons. What's this for?

Ohh, is this for my birthday?

That totally flew over my head, as you can tell.

"Ana! You're awake!" Gio hops off from the step stool from hanging up the banner. "We didn't know what color was your favorite so we picked a few nice ones, that we liked. Hope it's fine."

"I don't really have a favorite color, so it's fine. But you guys do realize my birthday is tomorrow though, right?" I question why they're setting up so early.

"Oh, we know. It's just we won't be here from 7 pm until 1 am. Only Ryder will be. So you better be up at 1 so I can wish you a happy birthday," he tells me cheerfully. I give him a nod, telling him I'll try to and he goes back to setting up. Ryder walks over with his hands in his pockets.

"So what do you think?" he says walking to my side to admire the setup with me.

"I like it. I haven't had an actual birthday party or whatever, in a long time. So this is perfect," I say smiling at him.

"I'm glad we're the ones to do it," he looks over at me and I feel his stare.

"Stop staring at me you weirdo," I walk away to the kitchen. I hear him lightly laugh from behind me.

"Stop staring at my ass, too."

I say hi to the rest of the guys and grab a muffin, heating it, from yesterday.

I sit on the island and eat my muffin as I watch them set up.

They can do all the work.

"So what do you wanna do for your birthday?" Elijah asks tying balloons together.

"I don't know, actually. I haven't thought about that," I take another bite of my muffin.

On my birthday every year when I was little, we went to every possible food place that gave free birthday food. Then my parents and I would go to the aquarium or the mall. Was only ever those the options. But after my dad's passing I never really did do anything.

"What did you use to?"

"I use to go to the mall or the aquarium. I use to love the aquarium. But I don't know if it's my thing anymore."

"Actually," Gio walks over, "I heard about this fair, it's like an annual thing here, that they're having tomorrow. It starts tomorrow so it would be perfect."

"Oh, yeah. The Boo Bash. That doesn't sound like a bad idea," Ryder adds on.

"They got pumpkin picking, mazes, and rides. It's a nice family thing," Gio says happily. This guy is never sad. I think the day I see Gio sad is the day the world is ending.

"Doesn't sound bad. Sure, why not. Let's do that," they all nod their heads and go back to decorating.

"Gio."

He walks back over to me and leans on the island. "What's up?"

I whisper, "Whose idea was all of this?"

He turns around and looks over in Ryder's direction. He did this?

"Why?" I ask him.

"I don't know. He made us all get up early to get all of these things to decorate. When I asked him why he was doing this, he said just cause."

"Hm."

"What?"

"Nothing just haven't had someone in a long time care about me the way he does," I say staring at Ryder.

This man has no flaws. Not on the outside at least. The way he smiles and could just make me feel better is crazy. I mean no one can beat that smile. Not even Gio's, no offense to him.

But like I said before Ryder is different. The feeling with him is not what I feel talking to Gio. Talking to Gio I don't get butterflies or get flustered, or wanna be near him 24/7. No offense to Gio. But Ryder.

I do. And it's weird.

But it's not a bad thing.

"Stop staring at me, Analia," Ryder yells from across the room, smirking at me. I look away and stare at Gio instead.

"If it makes you feel any better, Ryder's never cared for anyone the way he cares for you. But don't tell him I said that," he winks at me as he goes back to what he was doing.

It definitely does make me feel better.

I get up from my seat and throw out the wrapper from the muffin. I make my way over to the couch and turn on the TV.

"You're not going to help?" Apollo asks. I look around the room and back at him.

"Nope. I think you guys got it. After all, I do get special treatment."

"It's not even birthday yet," he tells me.

"No, really? I don't think I noticed. It's the day before it. Still get treatment," I turn my head back to the TV hearing his sigh.

Haha.

Someone's pissed.

~~

3 hours later.

"Are you serious?" Gio yells.

"Why did you give me a 4+ card?!"

"I'm sorry, Gio. It was the only card I had left," I explain to him.

"You betrayed me," he pretends to get stabbed in the chest and falls over. Dramatic ass.

I rub his arm and whisper a sorry to him. He shoots back up and says, "It's okay, Princess. You're the only expectation."

"Can we continue the game?" Apollo asks annoyed.

"Is there always something wrong with you?" I ask.

"No."

"Yes," Ryder and Gio say. They both do their little handshake.

"Dicks."

"Okay, but can we seriously get on with the game?" Lincoln asks. Ryder goes next placing down his cards.

After the guys had finished we decided to play Uno. We've played four rounds so far. This is our fifth one and our longest one. Anderson tapped out after the second one.

"Come on, Elijah. Pick a damn card," Ryder tells him.

Elijah picks out a card slamming it on the table, staring Ryder dead in the eyes. Ryder puts his hands up in defense.

Lincoln then goes next, "Uno!" he yells out.

"Fuck," they all say at the same time.

That was freaky.

Apollo goes next piling four 2+ cards for me to get. Are you fucking serious right now? Dick. I side-eye him as I grab my 8 cards. I look at my cards and realize he messed up. I start piling up card after card on top of each other.

"Uno!" I yell out before Apollo can. He groans again leaning on his hand.

We go around again and now it's Lincoln's turn. He groans to himself and picks up another card. Yes! I actually have a chance at winning.

Just stay on red.

Now it's Apollo's turn.

Please be red.

Please be red.

He picks out a card and... IT'S RED!

I slam my card on top of his yelling "Uno Out!" and jumping onto my feet.

I stick the middle finger up at Apollo and he tries smacking it out of his face. "Ha! Bitch! Suck on that!"

"Whatever," he leans onto the couch with his arms crossed.

I catch Ryder grinning as he watches me. I plop down back on the couch and Gio sticks his hand out for a high five. I give him a firm high five.

"Good Job, Lia," says Elijah cleaning up the cards. I nod.

"I've always wanted a cat," I say randomly.

"A cat? They're so lazy though," Gio says.

"I know but they're so cuddly. Always wanted one but never could get one because my birth giver was allergic to them."

"I want a pet snake," he tells me leaning on my shoulder.

"I thought you were afraid of snakes?" Ryder asks confused.

"Yeah, Gio. Aren't you?" Elijah adds on.

"Yes but I feel like that'll help me get over my fear."

"Or make you even have a worse one," Apollo says. Lincoln snickers and nods his head agreeing.

"Oh, whatever."

"Let's go get some cookies," I change the topic. "It will make you feel better?"

"I think I like that idea," Gio says agreeing with me. We get up from the couch and make our way to the front door.

"Who wants to come?" I yell back to the guys. They all stand up and walk over. I guess everyone is going.

They can all meet Tony.

"You guys are about to have the best cookies ever!"

I slip on my pair of white air forces, can never go wrong there, and we all exit the apartment. We make our way downstairs and hop into the cars.

Ryder and Gio are driving today.

I end up going in Gio's car because he wanted me to go with him. More like picked me up, buckled me in, and locked the car so I wouldn't go anywhere.

I saw Ryder roll his eyes at Gio before going in his car with Apollo and Anderson.

Jealous, weirdo.

~~

35 Minutes later.

We arrive outside at the store.

"See that over there, across the street?" I point to the club I once worked at. "That's where Lincoln became number one on the list of people I don't like."

He shakes his head, "Let's go and get these cookies, okay?"

We go inside the bakery and Tony greets us.

"Analia! Welcome back! I see you've brought not only your boyfriend but your friends as well!"

Boyfriend?

Who's my boyfriend? And why am I just hearing about-

Hold on. Ryder?

"Tony, I don't have a boyfriend."

"Mhm. Anyway, what can I get you and your friends?" he wiggles his eyebrows.

"Just 2 dozen cookies," I start taking out $30 and Elijah comes with his card.

"No. My treat," I push him out of the way and give Tony the money before he can protest.

The door rings, "Analia?" I turn around to see a familiar face.

Ryle.

He runs over to me wrapping his arms around me giving me a tight squeeze. He pulls out of the hug with his hands still on my arms.

"When were you gonna come and visit me?" he asks. How do I tell him that I can't even step foot near that place anymore? That all it brings back is withdrawal.

I've been able to keep my cravings under control but even being near it, makes it so much harder.

"I was just passing through and I didn't see your car." I hope his car wasn't there.

"I just clocked in. But still would've been nice to see you," he turns around, "Who are these guys?"

"My co-friends. They work with me."

He introduces himself and shakes their hands.

He comes back next to me and whispers, "That one next to the blonde with blue eyes." I look over to Lincoln, "No, the other blonde."  I look to Gio and look next to him.

"What about, Ryder?"

"He looks at you in a way. As in he wants you," he emphasizes the wants.

"That is what I told her. He looks at her the way I looked at my wife when I met her," Tony adds on.

"Wait, you're Italian?" Gio walks up over to us.

"Sì, io sono," Tony replies.
Yes, I am.

"Lo Sono Anche io!"
So am I.

"I like him," Tony says.

I brush them off, "Can I get my boxes of cookies please?" Tony hands them to me and I say goodbye to Ryle and him. I thank Tony before walking out.

"Who was that guy?" Ryder asks me.

"Oh, That's Ryle. My old boss."

"That's it? Just your boss?" he looks at me worryingly but goes back to having no expression.

"He's just a friend," I say knowing what he's asking.

"Good," his hand sneakily wraps itself onto the other side of my waist.

We stop in front of the cars and I get into Gio's. Ryder opens and closes the door for me before walking to his car.

We start driving back to the apartment. On our way there I feed Gio a cookie because he's so impatient.

Finally arriving at the apartment again, Gio takes the boxes of cookies so I can get out of the car. We go inside the building, check-in, and go in the elevator.

Making it to our floor, Gio opens the apartment, and I place the cookies on the stove.

"Shit, it's 6:30. We gotta go guys," Gio grabs a cookie but then comes back for another, putting it in his mouth.

Gio rushes to go get ready and the rest of the guys leave to get ready. Gio comes from out of his room says bye to me and Ryder and leaves.

"And then there were two," I say sitting down on the couch.

He comes over and sits down on the couch next to me.

We sit in awkward silence for a little while before I speak up.

"Wanna bake a cake for my birthday? Unless you guys ordered one or something."

"That's what I forgot to call for, shit," he throws his head back closing his eyes.

"No, it's okay. We can just make it. I've been wanting to learn how to make fondant anyways," I stand up from the couch and make my way to the kitchen.

"Come on. You're helping," he rolls his eyes following after me.

Better listen to me.

I start taking out the ingredients to make a red velvet cake. I make Ryder take out the bowls as wells.

"Okay so how do we start?"

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Words: 2388

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Just you wait for the next chapter! I wrote this chapter and next one from 2-5 am. I only slept for three hours. But I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! This chapter and next chapter are my favorite ones for sure! Chapter 21 will probably also be my fav :)
So be ready for this!

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

DONT FORGET TO VOTE ❤️.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

49K 2.9K 34
Tech loves the club and the sense of family it gives him but he wants what his brothers have been getting. Several of his brothers have met and falle...
1.2M 26K 99
Lia I'm a sucker for romance, especially romance in novels because let's be honest, love like that doesn't exist in reality. Yet, he makes me feel a...
137K 3.2K 39
My entire body felt on fire under his intense gaze. I tried my best to avoid eye contact as he towered over me, but once my eyes met his, the usual a...
17.3K 582 40
When my father left my mother and me for a better life, I was devastated and naively thought my life couldn't get any worse. How wrong I was. My new...