Capturing Them

By BelindaPeters-Waine

I've hidden behind the lens of a camera since I was seven years old. My Mom dying turned me into a shell of a... More

Coming Soon
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Eight
Chapter Forty Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty One
Chapter Fifty Two
Chapter Fifty Three
Chapter Fifty Four - Christmas Special
Chapter Fifty Five
Chapter Fifty Six
Chapter Fifty Seven
Chapter Fifty Eight
Chapter Fifty Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty One
Chapter Sixty Two
Chapter Sixty Three
Chapter Sixty Four
Chapter Sixty Five
Chapter Sixty Six
Chapter Sixty Seven
Chapter Sixty Eight
Chapter Sixty Nine
Chapter Seventy
Chapter Seventy One
Thank you!
Chapter Seventy Two
Chapter Seventy Three
Chapter Seventy Five
Photo Inspo <3
Authors Note
Chapter Seventy Six
Chapter Seventy Seven
Chapter Seventy Eight
Chapter Seventy Nine
Chapter Eighty
Chapter Eighty One
Chapter Eighty Two
Chapter Eighty Three
Chapter Eighty Four
Chapter Eighty Five
Chapter Eighty Six
Chapter Eighty Seven

Chapter Seventy Four

2.7K 188 67
By BelindaPeters-Waine

Chapter Seventy Four
Sang

Click. Click. Click.

I press the shutter button, taking several pictures of Silas as he laughs at something Luke says. I sigh, dropping the camera from my face. I enjoyed being in front of the camera, but my favourite place is definitely behind it.

Click.

I smirk, looking over at Gabriel. He drops the camera he's now claimed as his. I don't mind. I've loved watching him today. He has a talent, and between us, I can't wait to see what other pictures we can get. He winks, blowing me a kiss. I raise my camera.

Click.

One moment captured for forever.

Gabriel and I have been through the pictures he's taken today. We've made a quick slideshow with some of our favourites. The others sit on the cloud, in albums, ready to be shared with the others later after we've shown them the slide show. Currently, we're sitting outside, the sun setting behind the trees. We've just finished eating amazing food that North, Mr Blackbourne, Luke and Marc had prepared; burgers, sausages, potato salad, sliced peppers and veggie skewers. Now we're just relaxing and chatting amongst ourselves, drinking iced tea.

"Cupcake, truth or dare?"

I look over at Luke, my eyebrow jumping up as North groans from where he sits beside me. "Umm..."

"Fuck yeah," Gabriel grins.

"I didn't realise we were twelve," Brandon says, shaking his head.

"You're all just boring," Luke laughs. "If you don't want to play, you don't have to, but I do and I want to play with Cupcake. Gabe wants to play too."

"I'll play," Raven says, rubbing his hands together, the grin of his face making my heart leap.

"Keep it clean, Ray," Corey mutters, shooting him a dark look which doesn't at all match the curve of his lips. He's warning him to keep it clean - of what, I'm not completely sure, but I could guess, - but is also amused.

"Choose one, Cupcake, Truth or Dare."

I drop my camera to my lap. "Truth." I don't know if I dare to take a dare. I want to see how it plays out if the game continues to go on.

Luke's face scrunches up, like he didn't want me to say that, but then he tilts his head to the side as he thinks, his warm brown eyes studying my face. "What five things would you bring to a deserted island?" He asks.

It's so random, I blink at him a few times. "That's easy; camera, laptop, kindle, a power source and a waterproof bag, just in case it rains." Silence. And fourteen pairs of eyes weighing heavily on me. "What?"

Axel grins. "Only you would think to bring a power source and a waterproof bag."

"It's clever thinking," Kota says, green eyes sparkling, his grin amused.

"You wouldn't have an Internet connection," Corey says, tilting his head to the side.

"Well, if I knew I was going to a deserted island, I would download all the books I could on the kindle. I don't need the Internet to transfer my photos from camera to laptop. I wouldn't be able to edit them, because the program I use does need a connection but that wouldn't be an issue, as long as I can transfer the photos over so I have space to take more..." I trail off, watching so slow smiles spread across handsome faces.

"You're adorable," Sean says, hooking his arm around my neck and pulling me into his side. I giggle as he nuzzles my face, pressing a kiss to my cheek before releasing me again.

"Your turn, Cupcake. Ask one of us Truth or Dare." No one says they're not playing so I scan the circle we seem to have put ourselves in around the table. We had to bring chairs out from the dining room as there weren't enough outdoor ones. It's a squeeze of chairs being tightly together so we could at least touch the table without stretching, but it works.

"Marc, truth or dare?" I ask, my eyes meeting his mismatched green and blue eyes.

His smile is soft and calm. "Truth."

"If you could eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would you choose?" I ask the first thing that comes to mind. It was hard to push back more serious questions, more personal questions. I don't want to ask those questions in front of everyone. They're personal and not needed for an audience.

"Coffee." He says that in a 'duh' tone, like I should have known. I mean, I do, but I didn't ask that.

"That's a drink. I meant eat. Food. What food?" I grin.

His eyes light up with his amusement. "Anything that tastes like coffee."

"That's not answering the question either," Silas says. "That's a flavour."

"Fuck, fine." Marc let's out a groan and looks to the sky, like it's the hardest decision he's ever got to make. I quietly laugh, sharing an amused look with the others. "Coffee cake."

Maybe I need to live a little because I don't think I've ever had coffee cake.

"Truth or Dare, Minnie?"

"Truth." Groans go around the table. The only two that don't is Axel and Mr. Blackbourne, but Axel is grinning and I can see the small tiny lift of Mr. Blackbourne's mouth. "Why are you doing that?"

"They want to do the dares," Axel explains.

"But don't I get the choice? Isn't that the whole point of the game?"

"Trouble, we're just looking for some fun." Gabriel smirks.

I roll my eyes. "Fine. Dare." I'm not feeling pressured to do Dare. I'm more intrigued to see what they would dare me to do actually.

Marc's eyes narrow as he purses his lips. "I dare you to let me go through your phone for one minute."

I immediately snort while North, Brandon, Victor and Kota start protesting. "It's fine." I pick up my phone and lean over the table the best I can, holding it out to him.

"You can't go through someone's phone," Victor says.

I shoot him a look and his face drops when those fire eyes meet mine. We've talked about what he did, he's apologised and we've moved on from it but at the same time, he can't be the one to say something like that. "Sorry," he mouths, sitting back in his seat.

I nod, telling him silently that it's fine. The table is silent now. The rest of the guys from the Blackbourne team gave me sheepish looks. "That's what I thought," I say, sitting back in my chair once Marc has taken my phone. "I have nothing to hide, so go for it."

Marc looks down at my phone, nervously looking around at the guys, mostly to the ones that aren't on his team. "Uh...I didn't realise..."

"It's fine," I tell him. I quickly move on while Marc continues to flick his eyes between me and the phone. I fix my eyes on Raven. "Truth or Dare?"

Raven smirks and I relax. I didn't enjoy making the point, but felt I had too. It was a bit hypocritical of the Blackbourne team to react the way they did, especially as Victor hacked into my laptop and none of them stopped him either. I know they were just making sure I wasn't some crazy stalker or something similar, I had been taking their picture after all without their permission after all, but did feel that something had to be said. What kind of person would that make me if I hadn't reacted the way I had?

I pull myself from my thoughts when Raven says dare. I'm not surprised he did that so I quickly think, my eyes drifting to the pool. "I dare you to take a skinny dip."

"That's easy, Little Bird. I have nothing to hide. In fact, it would bring me the greasiest pleasure." I laugh, but avert my eyes when he reaches for the vest he's wearing. "Oh no, you watch. You dare, so you watch."

My cheeks flame and I make the mistake of meeting the eyes of Dr Sean Green. He's leaning back in his chair, elbow resting on the arm, his hand raised, cupping his chin. A finger is lifted higher up to his mouth, hiding his lips. But those eyes, those beautiful green eyes watch me carefully. Almost expectantly.

I look back at Raven, his dark eyes sparkling as he beams happily. He removes his vest, dropping it into Corey's lap. My gaze jumps from his arms, to his chest, sliding down to his abs and then down his happy trail and over the V dip all of these guys seem to have. Obviously I've seen him shirtless before, but something about this seems different; maybe it's the dirty flirty smirk on his face, maybe it's because I feel the weight of fourteen sets of eyes on me - they feel heavier somehow, like they're waiting for something. Maybe it's because my heart rate is picking up. And those tattoos, he's a piece of art.

When his hands drop to his belt, I have to fight the urge to look away again. Not because I don't want to watch, a rather large part of me does, but because I'm about to see more of a guy then I ever have before and that excites me. Oh boy, does it excite me. My hands start to tremble where they lay in my lap and I cross my legs. Something about this move has Raven chuckling as he slowly undoes his belt and then reaches for the button, opening it with a quick flick.

He steps back, pushing his chair back with him, giving himself some room. My eyes jump to Corey and he bites his lips, those happy eyes jumping between Raven and myself, like he can't decide where to look, who to look at more specifically. Raven pushes his jeans down and a slow sigh of relief leaves me as I find he's still covered with his black boxer briefs. "Little Bird, I'm not done yet," Raven said as I shifted my eyes from him for a moment. I had only averted my gaze to the trees behind him, refusing to look at anyone else as well as Raven as he dropped the last article of clothing he wears.

My heart jumps.

I swallow hard and then bring my gaze back to Raven as he hooks his thumbs into his boxers. And then he drops them.

And oh my god, I think the air escapes my lungs as my eyes widen, my lips parting. My whole face was flaming red.

"Jesus Christ," Brandon mutters, though his voice sounds a fraction deeper than normal.

My eyes are no longer innocent.

"Truth or Dare, Little Bird?" He's not even in the pool yet. He hasn't completed his dare.

"Dare," I blurt. Please be something that has me moving out of this seat.

"I dare you to come into the pool with me."

I'm up and out of my seat, using North's shoulder for balance as I jump over it. Sean is quick to catch my camera as I go. Raven chuckles, and I hear him coming after me as I rush to the pool on hurried feet. I don't stop to remove my clothing, I just take the leap and dive into the water. I immediately kick and push myself through the cool water, the splash that follows my own only a few seconds behind. The water instantly cools the fire that was burning through my veins.

A hand wraps around my ankle and bubbles leave my mouth as I laugh silently. I roll onto my back, kicking out but it's too late, he has me and he's pulling me towards him beneath the water. I open my eyes, seeing his blurry face as his arms come around my back, holding me close against his naked body. My lungs are burning and I feel my face straining. I'm just about to give Raven a tap on his shoulder, but before I get the chance too, his mouth is coming down and onto mine, parting my lips with his tongue. He breathes air into my mouth that I greedily accept before he's kissing me, his tongue finding mine, the lemonade he had been drinking exploding against my taste buds. He kisses me the way I've seen him kiss Corey: desperately, like he can't get enough, like he needs it.

And I eagerly accept it.

Until my lungs start to burn again. I push against his chest. He holds me tighter to him before pushing us back up to the surface. I break the kiss, greedily pulling air into my lungs, before opening my eyes and looking at him. His smile is huge, pleased with himself and the results he got.

"Don't run from me, Little Bird. I'll always find you and I will always catch you." The truth behind those words shines brightly in those dark eyes of his. My heart leaps.

"Trouble, Truth or Dare?" Gabriel calls.

I look over and find that they've all gathered together, standing at the edge of the pool. Eyes are amused, smirks are on faces. I grin, I can't help it. "Dare," I call because how can I not?

They're pulling me out of the bubble I've always lived in and I don't want them to stop doing so. I want to experience all the highs with them, and if that means I need to start being a little bit daring, then so be it. I would happily complete all the dare's they throw at me if I meant I finally started living.

Gabriel laughs. "You need to get out and back to your seat before I tell you."

I look at Raven. "You have to let me go now."

His arms slowly loosen. "Only for a little while."

I press a kiss to the corner of his mouth before he completely lets me go. I swim back the way I came and when I reach the side, Axel and Mr. Blackbourne are reaching for my arms and pulling me up in one quick motion. Axel takes a towel from Kota, who flashes me a quick smile, before wrapping it around my shoulders. I clench the sides in my hands. "I need to take my dress off," I say, feeling it drip water at my feet.

I look over as Raven climbs out of the pool. He's still naked and Corey is quick to hand him a towel which he wraps around his waist. Seeing me watching, he gives me a wink before going back to the table. The others go back to, apart from Axel and Mr Blackbourne, or turn and give me their backs. I start reaching for the straps of my dress under the towel, making quick work of removing it. It drops at my feet with a splat and I quickly wrap the towel around me under my arms this time, tucking it in at my breast. I still wear my bra and panties and the towel covers me well enough. "Thanks," I say to the two remaining guys.

"Sorry if Raven was a bit much," Axel says softly. "If you don't feel comfortable with something, just say so."

I shake my head. "It wasn't the fact I was uncomfortable. It was...exciting I guess." Heat comes to my cheeks. "I wasn't being forced to. I knew I could have said no, or walked away. But...I don't know how to explain it."

"I'm pretty sure we understand," Mr Blackbourne says. "We just want you to be aware that it's okay to say no."

"And I will if I ever feel the need to, I promise." I meet his grey eyes so he can see that I mean what I'm saying.

He gives a single nod. I look at Axel and once he gives a nod of his head also my shoulders relax. "Let's go and finish playing this game."

Mr Blackbourne reaches for my hand and I look down as he slowly links his fingers with mine. "May I suggest a few ideas?" A perfect eyebrow lifts with his question.

"Oh, could I?" Axel makes quick work of untucking my hair and squeezing it out before wrapping his arm around my shoulder as he says this.

"I'll take all the suggestions I can get," I tell them. "But please, everything has to involve clothes staying on."

Axel chuckles. Mr Blackbourne's lips lift into a small smile. As we very slowly make our way back to the others, they both tell me their ideas and by the time I reach my seat, I'm bursting to get the game going again.

"So this is actually a bit of a dare for everyone because everyone needs to play for this to work," Gabriel starts as soon as I'm sitting down. "We have to pass the ice cube, from mouth to mouth in alphabetical order. Sang has to go last though. Afterwards, she has to keep the ice cube in her mouth until it melts. One rule, you can't chew it."

Eyes start jumping around as the guys slowly work out who they're being passed the cube from and who they're passing it too. "First name, or Surname?" I ask.

"First," Gabriel says with a smirk.

"Are you going by Raven or Yevgeny?" At this, I look to Corey who had asked the question and then Raven.

I blink. Raven isn't his real name? My lips move, no sound coming out, just testing the foreign name on my tongue. "I prefer Raven," I say softly.

"I don't like my real name." Raven's smile is soft, but it doesn't match the dark and dangerous look that comes to his eyes. Though, when he blinks, it's gone.

I wonder what that was about, but also know now is not the time to ask about it. I push the thought away as my eyes shift to Sean and then Mr Blackbourne. Steel grey eyes meet mine.

"Don't worry gentleboys. I haven't had anything in my mouth today that is salty but super sweet at the same time." What is he on about?

"Jesus Raven," Corey mutters, his voice a little higher than normal. I break my stare down with Mr Blackbourne and look at Corey as a blush comes to his cheeks. Why is he blushing?

"You sly Russian," Silas says with a laugh.

"I don't get it," I say, more to myself but it gets heard by everyone.

"Princess, it doesn't matter."

"Stay innocent, baby."

Silas laughs.

"But I don't understand."

Sean snickers from beside me.

"Short stuff, listen to North."

"Peanut?" I look at Nathan. "Remember how you said earlier you didn't want to know how that conversation went with Raven?" I nod my head. I decided to steer clear because it was about sex Nathan had said. I'm not ready to talk sex so staying away from how that conversation went was the best thing to do. "It's like that."

My nose scrunches up because I still don't get it. How is that even related? Luke captures my attention, raising an eyebrow, making a motion with his hand and doing something with his tongue, pressing it into his cheek it looks like. I straighten in my seat because that means...

"Luke." Luke jumps at North's shout.

"I was trying to explain," Luke says innocently.

"He's going to ruin her innocent mind," Kota mumbles as my face starts to burn Scarlett red.

"Everything he says is twisted in some dirty way," Marc says. "You get used to it."

"Sang shouldn't have to get used to it," North mutters clearly displeased.

The whole time, Raven sits back in his seat, as cool as a cucumber while I rival the redness of tomato.

"Alright fuckers, let's get back to the game." Gabriel stands up. "I'll go get the ice. The rest of you, stand in a line. Sang, you're at the end." Gabriel goes inside the cabin while the rest of us starts getting up from our seats.

"I can't believe my mouth is going near the dirty Russians," Sean mutters as he gets up from his seat.

"I've got to get pictures of this," I say, picking up my camera and turning it on.

"Bro, I love you, but I stopped wanting kisses from you when I was five," Brandon says to Corey, though he's laughing, his blue eyes lighting up.

"Oh shut up." Corey rolls his eyes

The guys all line up. Gabriel returns with the ice cube and looks at everyone, nodding his head at the space that's been left for him. He turns to me. "Start it, and finish it. It's only fair."

I take the ice cube from him and hand him the camera. "I'll take over after?"

"Wouldn't expect anything less. Then I'll take over from you." He kisses my cheek.

I look at the guys all lined up. Axel is first, and then it's Brandon, Corey, Kota but using his full name for the game: Dakota. After Kota it's Gabriel, his space currently empty, Luke, Marc, Nathan, North, Mr Blackbourne or in this case Owen, Raven who is still in a towel, Sean, Silas and then Victor. They all look rather relaxed, like they're not bothered their mouths are going to be getting close.

I smile, going over to Axel. "Ready?" He nods his head and I pop the ice cube into my mouth. I roll it around for a second, before putting a hand on Axel's shoulder, pressing gently. He understands what I want and drops to a single knee, head tilting back, mouth opening.

Our eyes meet as I hover my face close to his. I give it a suck and then push it past my teeth to my lips, puckering them as my nose brushes Axel, my puckered lips at his open mouth. I hear the familiar shutter sound of the camera, grinning as I slowly drop it into his mouth. He closes his lips around mine, pressing a kiss to my mouth before standing back up as I pull away.

"Do that with me, just not the kiss," Brandon says, pointing his finger at Axel. I quickly take the camera from Gabriel and he goes to his empty spot.

"I don't know if I want Raven's mouth that close to mine," Sean says and I laugh at the look he gives the Russian. Mr Blackbourne seems to nod his head in agreement, but otherwise says nothing.

I raise my camera to my face and watch on with amusement as the ice cube is passed along the line.

Axel passes to Brandon, Brandon getting bending his knees and crouching, catching the ice cube easily as Axel basically drops it into his mouth.

Brandon turns, grabs Corey by the face and Corey opens his mouth in time for Brandon to pop it in. He winks at me as he releases Corey's face. I caught that wink on camera.

Corey turns to Kota and much like Axel, gets down on a knee and Corey drops it down into his open mouth. There's so much distance between them, their noses aren't even close to touching. If I had done it like that, I would have missed my target.

Click. Click. Click.

Kota to Gabriel. They seem to click in that this is working without mouths getting too close, so that's how it goes. Gabriel passes to Luke easily, and Luke passes to Marc.

"I swear, Mr Ravenstahl, if you get silly over this and don't take that ice cube exactly like that, I will sucker punch you."

I drop my camera at the threat, looking at Mr Blackbourne with wide eyes. His eyes meet mine, a questioning eyebrow raising. "Nothing."

I bring my camera back to my face, hiding my smirk behind it. Mr Blackbourne just threatened Raven and for some unknown reason, that amuses me. It shocked me too, because I hadn't expected it. I thought he was just going to play along, to amuse myself and Gabriel.

Click. Click. Click.

Marc passes to Nathan, and Nathan is quick to pass it on to North. North hesitates for a second when he and Mr Blackbourne turn to face each other. Mr Blackbourne simply drops to a knee, opens his mouth and North drops the ice cube in easily.

"Come on, Owen, come give me a smooch."

I press my lips together.

A snicker reaches my ears.

Mr Blackbourne presses his hand on Raven's shoulders once he's standing again. Raven drops to his knees. "If you wanted me on my knees, all you had to do was question."

"I swear he's searching for a punishment," Marc mutters, looking at Luke.

"Mr B won't hesitate to give him one," Kota adds.

"He has permission to do so," is all Axel says when I drop my camera slightly for a moment and look at him. Can they do that? Is that like..Academy approved? How does it work now? Are these two teams merging together? I bite back the questions, but note to ask about it soon.

Mr Blackbourne takes Raven's jaw in his hand. Raven laughs and then opens his mouth wide. Mr Blackbourne drops the ice cube into his mouth, releases the Russian, and straightens, looking straight at me.

I avoid his eyes by keeping my camera at my face, watching through the lens and hearing the familiar sound of the shutter as Raven turns to Sean. "I don't know if I want your cooties," Sean says.

I giggle quietly. Despite what Sean said, he repeats what the others have done and drops to a knee. Raven bends down, bringing his face closer, closer, closer. My eyes widened. "Any closer and I'm at a really brilliant height to get you straight in the jewels."

Raven chuckles but drops the ice cube into Sean's mouth. His hands go to his towel, and in quick motion he opens it up as he turns to face me and closes it again, tightening it around his hips. It just also happened to me at the same time I took a picture. I sigh. Raven smirks. "Keep it for later, Little bird."

"For fuck sakes, Raven," North snaps, shooting him a glare.

"He's gonna shoot him in the foot again soon." Luke's whisper wasn't really a whisper. We all heard it. North grunts his agreement.

"Someone very clearly has sex on the brain," Gabriel mutters, leaving the line and heading for me.

I want to stay hidden behind my camera. My cheeks are going to permanently burn with heat  if Raven carries on with his innuendos...if I could even call them that.

Sean passes to Silas easily after he had dropped down to his knees. Gabriel holds out his hand when he reaches me and I hand the camera over, even though I would quite happily stay hiding behind it if I could. But, a dare is a dare.

I go and stand at Victor's side, watching as the ice cube is passed to him from Silas. When he turns to me, he puts his hands on my hips. I had considered going to my knee, like the others had, but instead, I took Victor's face in my hands and brought his face to mine, pressing a kiss to the corner of his mouth before opening my lips around his. He slides the ice cube past his lips and into my mouth easily, following it with a kiss to my lips.

Once the ice cube is in my mouth, I roll it around before settling it on my tongue and sucking. Victor takes my hand and we all settle back into our seats at the table.

I wave my hand towards Silas. "Truth or Dare?" I ask after shifting the ice cube to my cheek so I could speak as clearly as possible.

"Dare."

I fight the urge to look towards Axel and Mr Blackbourne. I want confirmation that this is okay but then surely they wouldn't have suggested it if it was. "I dare you to let Luke and Marc draw on your face with a pen."

Axel is suddenly holding out a sharpie. Luke whoops, jumping up and taking the pen from Axel. Marc grins, getting up from his seat and Silas chuckles. "Easy. It's nothing Luke hasn't done before."

Gabriel now has my camera so takes the pictures as Luke and Marc take turns drawing on his face. He gets glasses, thicker eyebrows, huge black painted lips around his own full lips, love hearts on his cheeks and on his forehead they write Angel.

North takes a picture on his phone once they're done and shows Silas. He laughs, shaking his head before saying, "Truth or Dare, Aggele?"

"Dare." The ice cube is tiny now. I put it back to my cheek so the last of it can melt.

Silas smiles softly. "I dare you to come and give me a hug."

I don't even hesitate to get out of my seat and go to him. He pulls me into his lap, his arms wrapping around me as my arms go around his shoulders. I pull him in for a hug as I choose my next victim. "Kota, truth or dare?"

"Truth."

I hadn't prepared myself for truth. Axel and Mr Blackbourne only suggested dares. The questions I want to ask aren't questions I want to ask in front of everybody. Even then, he would tell me the truth to those questions. They're not for a game, it's as simple as that, so I say, "Tell me a truth you want me to know. It can be absolutely anything."

Kota pushes his glasses up his nose, his eyes focused on me. A sweet smile comes to his handsome face. "The truth: I believe that you complete this group. You are the last piece to the puzzle. And you're beautiful."

I hadn't been expecting that. Emotions hit me hard. Silas' arm tightens around me as I continue to stare at Kota, unable to form words for a response.

"I've actually come to realise that we were missing something," Nathan says. "Not only we're we missing you, Sang, but also the Toma team. I had always thought that the nine of us, that it would be it. But I was wrong."

"I second that," Luke adds. "We've always felt right, but I've always felt like it was missing something."

"The Academy will let us merge our teams, right?" Victor asks, looking at Mr Blackbourne.

"I can't see why not," Mr Blackbourne says. "We're already a large team, the largest the Academy has ever seen. That's of course, if that's what the Toma team wants."

Corey, Brandon, Raven and Marc look to Axel and he looks back at them, jumping from one to the other, having a silent conversation none of us can hear. "It's what we want," Axel says. "But I think we need to prove ourselves first, and by doing that, we're gonna need to help you with the High School Assignment, figure out this new drug and then find out what this Spider Man has to do with it. But let's not worry about that for now. We'll figure all that out on Monday."

The group nods their heads.

"For now, let's end this game." Marc stands up. "It's time to show us those pictures, Minnie."

I grin as excitement and nerves bubbles up inside me. I hope they love them as much as I do.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2M 114K 64
โ†ณ โ [ INSANITY ] โž โ” yandere alastor x fem! reader โ”• ๐ˆ๐ง ๐ฐ๐ก๐ข๐œ๐ก, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
235K 5.8K 52
โŽฏโŽฏโŽฏโŽฏโŽฏโŽฏโŽฏ เชœโ€โžด ๐…๐„๐„๐‹๐’ ๐‹๐ˆ๐Š๐„ .แŸ โ› & i need you sometimes, we'll be alright. โœ IN WHICH; kate martin's crush on the basketball photographer is...
1M 43.3K 51
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
583K 35.5K 100
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...