Aaliyah's Love

Od guddystar

"I know you married me only for my money and my family money. And I will not be giving you anything from us... Více

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Epilogue
New story!
Cover change

Chapter 18

24.4K 790 11
Od guddystar

Aaliyah pov

What is he doing here?

I heard the door to my room open. I closed my eyes and acted as I am sleeping.

I heard his footsteps come near me. My heart started beating fast. Please calm down.

I don't know what he is doing but I can feel his gaze on me. I felt the bed dip beside me. I had sheets covering me from getting any contact from him. I felt a soft touch on my bandage on head. He caressed his thumb on it and slide his fingers down my face. I felt tingles where he touched me. Then he caresses my hair.

"Get well soon" he said and did something which I clearly didn't expect he would do it and left.

He kissed my cheek.

I opened my eyes and touched my cheek where I felt tingles. My heart is still pounding against my chest.

Stop.

I groaned and pulled the sheets over my head. I heard the main door close. I shot up from the bed and went towards the window. I peeked through the curtains and looked out. I saw Emmett walking to his car. He got inside and closed the door. He stayed there for few minutes before driving off.

I went back to bed and layed down. I wanted to see his face, but I didn't want to. If I see him again, I feel like to hug him tightly and not let him go. He came back after a month. He came after a day of my accident. I was sad.

I had my blood pressure low and so I felt dizzy. And at the same time a bike crashed into me. He didn't expect me to stumble back in the road. That guy rushed me to the hospital immediately. He even came yesterday night when I was discharged and apologized. That was nice of him. I heard Ben and Grace visited me when I was unconscious. Emmett didn't even know I was in the hospital till the next day.

He might have been with his new girlfriend.

Just leave Aaliyah. He doesn't like you, you have to think something else. I got up from the bed and went to my bathroom. I brushed my teeth and went out. I showered yesterday night and I am lazy to do now.

I went into the kitchen and found mom making something.

"Good morning mom" I said.

"Aaliyah you should take rest. Go back to your room" she said looking at me.

"I will go but I am hungry. What's for today's breakfast" I asked.

"I am making some soup for you" she said. I scrunched my nose.

"Where is dad" I asked.

"He went to work early today because he took leave yesterday" she said. Then she turned to me.

"Emmett came here just before you woke up" she said.

"Ohh" I said looking down.

"Is everything okay between you two. I mean you should be in his home. Why did you want to come here for few days" she asked. I placed my hand on my heart and faked a pain.

"Am I a burden to you. My mom doesn't want anything to do with me now after I am married. My mom doesn't want me now" I faked a cry. She hit my arm and glared at me playfully. I laughed at her.

"Nothing happened between us. You know couples fight, so I am tini-tiny mad at him. We will be fine, so don't worry. Now feed your daughter" I lied to her because I have to. She nod her head smiling at me.

After having breakfast I went back to my room. There is nothing here. Everything was swifted to Emmett's home. I feel bored. Even mom left to work at afternoon. I came downstairs to living room and turned on the TV. I watched some shows spending my time.

At evening Seb came and took me for a walk in the park. We met Nate there. Seb said he had taken a apartment next to Nate. So he will be shifting in few days. I asked him why but he said, he wants to be independent.

We had dinner at a restaurant. They ate steak and made me eat salad. I sulked at them till we left the restaurant. They made fun of me. Seb dropped me off after taking me to doctor to change my bandage.

I feel good today. I didn't even think about Emmett.

I entered home and heard someone talking in the living room. I peeked inside the living room and found Emmett talking to my parents. They were smiling as Emmett said something. Mom looked at me.

"Aaliyah you came. Emmett was waiting for you" she said. I entered inside. I avoided meeting his eyes.

"I went out with Seb. I even had my dinner out so I am going to sleep" I said going out. I leaned against the wall outside the living room.

"I think she is still mad at you. She said you two had a small fight" mom said. My eyes went wide. I am doomed.

"Fight?" Emmett asked. His voice was filled with confusion.

"Yeah. She said that when I asked why she wanted to stay here" mom said.

"Did something happened" dad asked.

"No no. Nothing happened" Emmett said immediately "It's just she asked something and I refused to give it. So she is mad. We will be fine" he said agreeing to my lied statement and adding something to it.

Will we ever be fine?

I silently went up to my room. I went into bathroom to take shower. Slowly not affecting my injuries, I showered. Then I dressed up wearing my shorts and t-shirt.

I went outside the bathroom and got ready to bed. I sat on the bed when my room door opened. My mom came inside with Emmett trailing behind her. I looked at mom.

"Emmett is staying here tonight with you. And you two have to fix whatever you two are fighting for. And you Miss young lady talk to him" she said narrowing her eyes at me.

"But mom..." she cut me off.

"Good night Emmett and you too Aaliyah" she said going out closing the door. I sighed and looked down at my feet.

"Sorry you are suffering this because of me. I lied so that she wouldn't ask any question. I am sorry" I said.

"It's okay. You lied to escape, don't worry" he said. I played with my tshirt still looking down.

"You should sleep, you must be tired" he said sitting on the chair near my desk. I lifted my legs on the bed and covered it with my sheets.

"Do you have extra sheets" he asked. I looked at him. He looked handsome as always. He was looking at me.

"Why?" I asked.

"I will sleep on the floor" he said. My eyes widened at that.

"I am so sorry. I totally forgot that" I got up from the bed "You sleep on the bed. I will take the floor" I said. He got up from the chair too.

"You are recovering from the injury. You sleep on the bed. It's okay I will sleep on the floor" he said.

"I can't let you sleep on the floor" I said.

"Why"

"Because I ........." I stopped myself saying anything.

Because I can't see you sleep on the ground when I sleep on the bed.

"You can't sleep there. You will get back pain in the morning" I try to reason out.

"It's okay. I will manage it for one day" he said.

"No, you can sleep on the bed too. I....I think we both can sleep on the bed" I said looking down.

"Is it okay with you" he asked. I nod my head.

I layed on the bed on my back closing my eyes. I heard few shuffling and I feel the bed dip beside me. Everything was silent. I can hear my heart beat. He is so close to me.

I want to cuddle him and be in his arms. But I am not that person. He likes someone else. I feel his gaze on me.

"I am sorry" I heard him. I opened my eyes and turned my head to him. He was sleeping on his right looking at me. He had removed his shirt showing off his broad shoulders.

"Why" I asked.

"For everything I did. I left without informing you. Atleast you have the rights to know where I went. I should have informed you" he said looking into my eyes. I don't know what to say.

Yes, he left me. Should I forgive him. I think I can't. Because he doesn't know how much I suffered because of that. And I can't be like this without forgiving him.

I looked away from him looking at the ceiling. I don't know what to say.

I have so many questions. But to afraid to ask. I am scared if he will scold me like before and tell me to stay away from him. I am still confused why he agreed to stay here.

As he comes near me, it will be difficult to leave him after eight months. It will be hard for me to leave him when we are close. I should stay far away from him as much as possible.

"Can I ask you something" I whispered looking at the ceiling.

"Yes" he said.

"Do you.....do you like her" I asked closing my eyes. He was silent.

"Who" he asked after few seconds.

"The woman you were seeing there" I asked. My heart was beating rapidly. I wanted to know the truth from him.

"Why do you care" he asked. I feel like crying. I turned my back to him turning to my right and opened my eyes.

"Sorry I asked that. It's your personal life" I said lowly. I feel tears well up in my eyes. I heard shuffling behind me and him murmuring something.

"Look, I am not seeing anyone. Even I have values in the marriage. I am not such a person to cheat. If you saw something from the media it's all fake. They do it for publicity. Believe me" he said.

I turned slowly towards him. He was sitting on the bed looking at me.

"You are not lying right" I found myself asking. He nod his head.

"I am not lying. You can ask my PA. He was with me all the time. It's only business I talk, nothing else. Please believe me" he said looking into my eyes. His eyes held truth. Hearing him made my heart skip a beat.

He didn't cheat on me. He is not with anyone.

"I believe you. Thank you for telling me" I said. He smiled at me. And I think my heart died. He smiled. For the first time, he smiled at me.

I looked away and pat my heart under the sheets which was pounding against my chest. Calm down.

He was not with her. He didn't cheat.

I feel my lips twitch upwards slightly. I am happy he is loyal.

I closed my eyes and try to sleep. When I was about to drift off. I feel something around my waist as I was pulled to something warm. I liked that and turned around to cuddle it and slept off.

*******

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

1.5M 53.9K 44
When Liliana signed up to become a private flight attendant, she believed she had a general idea of what the job entailed. Strictly professional. Wh...
4.5M 202K 78
"You told them you love me ,huh?" He asks with a raised eyebrows, jaw hardened and eyes narrowed at the shy girl he has hated all his life. She was a...
9.9K 577 39
I leaned back against the wall "It's been so long hasn't it?" "Yes, it has... I think the last time I saw you was high school graduation." "Exactly...
171 10 8
"I would like you Miss Walker to be my niece's nanny because she seems to have taken a liking to you"he said after puffing out the smoke he inhaled f...