Aaliyah's Love

By guddystar

"I know you married me only for my money and my family money. And I will not be giving you anything from us... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Epilogue
New story!
Cover change

Chapter 17

24.5K 780 24
By guddystar

Emmett pov

I stood in terrace.

And I think, I did a terrible mistake. I have treated her so bad. I am really a bastard, selfish bastard.

She has been loving me for eight years. I should have stayed back and talked with her. But I am a coward. I left her not thinking about her feelings. I am really a disappoint in very one's life.

I like her. But I was a coward to accept it.

I am ready to change for her. I am ready to give her a chance. For us. Will she accept me now?

I stood there for hours and thought about my behavior. Why does she love me so much? I am a cruel man for her. But I will change for her. I will.

I walked down the stairs to her room. I was about to walk in when I heard her voice. The room door was wide open. I stood next to the door and listened.

"What am I doing here" she asked.

"You tell me cupcake. What have you done to yourself? Why didn't you talk to me? Why did you lie" Sebastian asked.

"What are you talking about" she asked.

"I know everything. Emmett didn't give you a chance, you are staying in other room. He left you not talking to you for a month. He didn't even try to contact you. Why didn't you tell me anything? Am I not your family. And what happened looking after yourself" Sebastian asked.

"He didn't like me talking about us to anyone. So I didn't tell you. But I had hope, hoped that one day he will like me back or even love me. But I....." her voice cracked "I think I was wrong. I waited for him to call me, talk to me or tell me anything. But he didn't. I trusted him too blindly Seb. I love him so much that I trusted him"

"I think I can't take it anymore. I am tired of this Seb. I am tired of making him notice me. I tried Seb, I tried. But he doesn't even want to look at me. He doesn't even care about me. And that hurts so bad. I can't take it anymore Seb. I can't. I am hurting too much" she sobbed. I fist my hands beside me as my heart clenched hearing her.

What have I done to her.

"And I saw a article about him few days back. He...he was with another girl Seb. I trusted him so blindly that I thought he wouldn't cheat on me. But he was with another girl. I felt my heart break into pieces. I didn't even sleep because of that. Whenever I would sleep, they both would come in my dream. And I didn't like that. I love him so much and I can't do anything about it. I can't bare this pain anymore Seb. What should I do?" she cried.

I am too late.

"Shhh. Don't cry cupcake. I will talk to Grandma and make some arrangements. I will get the divorce papers ready. You are not going to stay with him from now on. He had made you suffer so much. I will be here and even Nate. We will help you. You are going to stay away from him" Sebastian said.

Please say no. Please say no.

"I can't be selfish Seb. If I had to leave this marriage, I would have left the next day I married. I promised grandma that I would change him. I know I couldn't change him but I can't divorce him before one year. He married me for a reason. And also it's your family properties Seb. You can't neglect that when your grandfather had made them for you and him. And please don't tell grandma anything" she pleaded.

I still have time. I will gain her trust back. I will show her that I am too loyal in this marriage. What she thought is wrong.

"I don't care about that properties. I care about people. I love you and you will always be my sister. I have to tell grandma about his grandson cupcake. I can't hide such a thing from her. She was the one who bought this marriage" he said.

"I know. But I don't want to disappoint her. She thought I am the right girl for him but I am not. We can't tell her directly. She have to see it herself and make her decision. I don't want to make her sad knowing what she did was wrong. She will feel guilty that she bought me in this. I don't want that. For eight months please be quiet" she said.

I am really a jerk. How can I not like her when she is so pure. Even if she is hurt herself, she doesn't let anyone hurt them. I don't deserve her.

"But what about you. You can't stay there with him" he whispered.

"Don't worry. I have seen and been like this for eight years. I think eight more months won't be a problem. Just eight more months, I will leave him. And this time for real" she said.

In eight months, I will make you mine. It's my promise.

"Okay. But if he does anything or hurt you again. Tell me. Or I will break his arms and make him hospitalized for a month" he said. I looked slowly into the room. They both were hugging each other as Aaliyah sat on the bed. She had a small smile.

Her parents and Nate were not there.

I stepped back and waited for Sebastian to go out. After an hour he came out and I hid myself from him. As he went into the elevator, I took this chance to see her. I opened the door and entered inside. She was looking at her cell sleeping on the bed.

"Did you forget something Seb? Why are....." her words died when she saw me. Immediately she looked away and turned away from me.

"You came back" she said.

"Yes"

And this time I will win you. I wanted to say but I didn't.

"Sorry I have interrupted your work. You didn't have to come. It was just a small accident. You can leave now, Seb will come back soon" she said. She didn't even look at me. I sighed looking at her back. She thinks, she interrupted my work.

Well I had made her thing that.

"Get well soon" I said. I wanted to touch her, but restrained myself.

"I...." she hesitated before talking "I would like to live in my parents home for few days" she asked still turning away from me. I said okay and went out closing the door.

I searched for her doctor and asked about her condition. He said she has been stressing out more and her blood pressure has been low. And her injuries are small because she had hit by a bike. By tonight she will be released.

Her parents have taken care of the discharge papers.

I entered my home which is completely dark. I walked into kitchen and took out the water bottle from the refrigerator drinking it. Everytime I would open refrigerator, I would see my food. But now, there is nothing. I miss her food, her cooking.

I called grandma again. This time she picked up.

"Hello Emmett, sorry dear, I left my cellphone home when I went to walk. How is Aaliyah? Are you taking care of her? Poor girl, she is working more these days" she fired her questions.

"Hi grandma. She is good" that's all I could answer her.

"I wanted to meet her, but Sebastian didn't allow me to come to hospital. He said she was good no need to worry. And I wanted to ask, why did you switched off your cell yesterday. I was worried something has happened to you" she asked. Sebastian knew she would feel bad when she finds out that I was not there.

"Sorry grandma. I was busy....." she cut me off.

"Busy taking care of your wife" she teasing.

No grandma. I was busy ignoring her and everyone when you all are thinking about me.

I asked her health changing the topic. Aaliyah doesn't even wants to see my face now. I hung up after few minutes.

I went upstairs to her room. It was the same, clean and tidy. She doesn't have much items. I saw her laptop on the nightstand, I sat on the bed and opened it. I turned it on and was surprised to see our wedding photo. It was the photo when we were taking our vows. She was looking down and I was looking at her. More like glaring at her. But it looked like I couldn't take my eyes of her.

I closed her laptop and went out to my room. I looked at the bed and I remember our night, when I slept beside her. I liked being beside her. That feeling was best.

What was wrong with me? If I would have given a chance just to know her. I would have been with her here right now. I slept on the bed looking at the ceiling.

What should I do now? How do I impress her?

Is this how she felt to talk to me, to get to know me. I sighed and closed my eyes.

*

I woke up at seven in the morning because I couldn't sleep at night. So I slept late. I got ready for the day and went downstairs to the kitchen. I saw Nancy cooking something.

"Good morning Nancy" I said. She looked at me in surprised and soon her face became neutral. She turned away from me.

"Good morning" she said in a clipped tone. She is mad at me. I stood there looking at her. She just ignored me and continued her work. After she finished, she puts my breakfast on the plate and went inside the dinning room. I followed her.

"Your breakfast" she said going inside the kitchen. I followed her back.

"Nancy" I called.

"Please don't. I didn't know you were so cruel Emmett. You changed her. She doesn't even come to kitchen now. She doesn't talk much now. All she did was wait, but you are selfish. I think you are late for your work, you should go" she said cleaning the counter not turning me.

I stood there looking at her. Even she is hurt. I have hurt many people with my behaviour. They all just wanted good for me but I thought only about me and my company.

I left home, I lost my appetite to eat anything.

I wanted to see Aaliyah. But I don't even know her parents home. I can't ask Sebastian nor grandma. I called my PA and asked him to collect her parents address. In ten minutes I got the address and went to her parents home.

I knocked at the door and waited someone to open. Her mom opened and was surprised to see me.

"Come in" she said politely.

"Thank you madam" I said. What a great son-in-law I am? I don't even know her name.

"Just call me Layla. And I am sorry for how I and Henry behaved yesterday. We were just mad that you were not there for her when she was in hospital" she said.

"I understand. Please forgive me" I said bending my head down. Even I am disappointed for myself.

"It's okay. Aaliyah is upstairs in her room. Come I will take you there" she said walking upstairs. I followed her. She knocked at the door and spoke.

"Aaliyah are you awake. Emmett is here" she said. We heard no response. Layla looked at me.

"I think she is still sleeping" she said.

"It's okay. I will just look at her and leave. I won't distrub her" I said. She nod her head and left. I opened the door slowly and went inside.

Her room was empty with only her bed. And she was sleeping on the bed with hands tucked under her chin. I went towards her.

**********

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3K 232 51
"I don't merely experience anger, Hiya. My feelings towards you go beyond that - it's a perpetual hatred. While anger may subside in a moment, this k...
97 9 7
"I would like you Miss Walker to be my niece's nanny because she seems to have taken a liking to you"he said after puffing out the smoke he inhaled f...
293K 12.4K 32
« Sequel of RÚẞÅRÚ - Í$H¶ » «Stand Alone Book» ~ ZÁ¥¥ÁÑ ~ "The world is all about give and take, Create your OWN°°° ~ Á¥€DÁ ~ "The wor...
1.5M 53.4K 44
When Liliana signed up to become a private flight attendant, she believed she had a general idea of what the job entailed. Strictly professional. Wh...