GINGERSNAPS

By theginger412

Olivia Evans, who was given up at birth by her mother, Petunia, later finds out that she is a witch. Just whe... More

1. The Past meets The Future
2. Settling In
3. Lemonade
4. Flash
5. Captured Moments
6. Breaking Through
7. Scolded
8. Beaten Up
9. Petrified
10. Safe
11. Leaky Cauldron
12. Respects
13. Challenged
14. Slashed
15. Mischief Managed
16. Yearbook
17. Bring The Lion Out
18. The Cup
19. Moony
20. Contact
21. Toffee
22. Strawberry Ice Cream
23. The World Cup
24. Her Heart
25. Moody
26. The Tournament
27. Her Name
28. Her Wand
29. Her Dragon
30. The First Task
31. Her Flame
32. Love Potion
33. The Yule Ball
34. The Second Task
35. Birthdays
36. The Third Task
37. Graveyard
38. Her Friend
39. In Memory
40. Grimmauld Place
41. Pieces of Her
42. Inked
43. Lavender Tea
44. Uncle
45. Firewhiskey
46. Ministry of Magic
47. The Hearing
48. Treacle Tart
49. Evans
50. Her Boggart
51. Kings Cross
52. Bloody Mess
53. Skeleton
54. Playing with Fire
55. Last, First Match
56. Attacked
57. St. Mungos
58. Honey
59. P for Percy
60. Drooble's Best Blowing Gum
61. Her Letters and Feathers
62. Occlumency
63. Not Tonight
64. Cornish Pixies
65. Red Lace
66. Yellow Paint
67. Sacked
68. Changes and Captures
69. Style
71. Blowing Kisses
72. Stunned
73. Evans
74. Her Death
75. Cracks In Their World
76. From The Ashes
77. Her Funeral
78. Her First
79. Broomsticks & Sunsets
80. The Return
81. Scars
82. Permission
83. Paints and Pranks
84. Red
85. Normal
86. Vials and Stakes
87. Blood Oath
88. Arm Sling
89. Trunk of Photos
90. Never Know
91. In This Life
92. Melted Metal

70. Adventure's End

1.6K 60 9
By theginger412

Author's Note:

Would you all be interested in me including Ollie's Daily Joke that she shares with Dumbledore. Because even though I don't always include it in the story I do have jokes.

Secondly, would you all be interested in me including songs that give me inspiration for this story?

Let me know what you think!!
-author

_________________________________

The next day the school was buzzing with the news of Dumbledore's escape and the new Headmistress. Olivia walked down the stairs to the entrance hall with the twins. Noticing the golden trio and Ernie looking at the house point hourglasses.

"Noticed have you?" Said Fred walking up behind them all.

"Malfoy just docked us all about fifty points," said Harry furiously.

"Yeah, Montague tried to do us during break," said George.

"What do you mean tried?" Said Ron

"He never managed to get all the words out," said Fred. "Due to the fact that we forced him headfirst into that Vanishing Cabinet in the first floor."

Hermione looked shocked, Olivia wasn't surprised at all.

"But you'll get into terrible trouble!" Said Hermione

"Not until Montague reappears and that could take weeks I dunno where we sent him," said Fred Coolly. "Anyway... we've decided we don't care about getting into trouble anymore."

"Have you ever?" asked Hermione

"Course we have," said George, "never been expelled have we?"

"We've always known where to draw the line," said Fred.

"We might have put a toe across it occasionally," said George

"Or two," joked Olivia

"But we've always stopped short of causing real mayhem." Said Fred, bumping his shoulder into Olivia's.

"But now?" Said Ron

"Well, now-" said George

"- what with Dumbledore gone-" said Fred

"- we reckon a bit of mayhem-" said George

"-is exactly what our dear new Head deserves," finished Fred.

"You mustn't!" Whispered Hermione. "You really mustn't! She'd love a reason to expel you! Tell them Ollie!"

"I'm sorry but I'm with them on this one Hermione," said Olivia shrugging her shoulders.

"You don't get it Hermione, do you?" Said Fred smiling, "we don't care about staying anymore. We'd walk out right now if we weren't determined to do our bit for Dumbledore first. So anyway," he checked his watch, "phase one is about to begin. I'd get in the Great Hall for lunch if I were you, that way the teachers will see you can't have had anything to do with it."

"Anything to do with what?" Said Hermione anxiously.

"You'll see," said George

"Run along now," said Olivia

She and the twins turned away and disappeared into the swelling crowd coming down the stairs for lunch. After a little while the twins had everything set up, and ready to go.

Finally Olivia positioned herself near the passageway that was covered by a tapestry, waiting for Umbridge to see the pandemonium that the twins had caused letting off their magical fireworks. She snapped photo after photo of the toad ducking and chasing the fireworks.

Finally she slipped back into where the twins waited for her. She heard someone behind her and turned to find Harry.

"Impressive," said Harry quietly grinning, "Very impressive... you'll put Dr.Filibuster out of business no problem.."

"Cheers," whispered George wiping tears of laughter from his face. "Oh I hope she tries vanishing them next... they multiply by ten every time you try.."

"My boys, what mad geniuses they are!" Olivia beamed, as they made their way through the passageway.

The rest of the day you could find Umbridge running from class to class trying to get rid of the fireworks, amazingly she was the only one that could get rid of them, the teachers insisted that they didn't feel comfortable doing so without knowing if they had the authority to do it themselves.

Proudly, when Olivia was heading to the barrels, she spotted a blacken, soot covered toad face Umbridge in the corridor.

Olivia clicked her tongue walked passed Umbridge. "Oh Headmistress, you look like a mess, was it a rough day for you? Hopefully it will get better soon."said Olivia smirking, as she continued to walk away from a fuming Umbridge who's face had turned a deep red color.

Way into the night you could still hear the bangs and booms of the fireworks throughout the castle.

Days passed by, and Olivia made it a point to spend more time with Jo. Guilt ate at her that she unknowingly forgot about her friend. Although they shared a dorm and classes, it wasn't the same since Cedric died.

Over the summer Olivia was forced to grow up completely. Things like prophecies and Death eaters ran with her daily thoughts. So instead of the polite Hellos and Goodnights the girls shared, Olivia sat at the Hufflepuff table one morning.

The twins stood up from their table looking for her. They gave her confused looks to why she was not sitting with them. She waved them off, planning to explain later. Reluctantly, Fred and George sat down without their best friend and ate their breakfast.

Olivia sipped on her tea, flipping through her Muggle book that belonged to her father.

"Ollie?" Said a female voice.

At the sound of her name Olivia looked up to see Jo, standing on the other side of table staring at the ginger.

"Hey, Jo." Olivia said softly, Jo looked down the table, Olivia amused she was looking for the twins. Once she realized they would not be joining them, Jo sat down.

"Did you get kick out of the lions den or something?" Said Jo, laced with a bit of sharpness.

"No, I finally came to my senses that I've been neglecting our friendship." Said Olivia sympathetically. Jo looked up from porridge to see Olivia's pleading eyes. "And for that I'm truly sorry, Jo."

Jo furrowed her brow, as if she was thinking of what to say next, then her face softened. "I thought you forgot about me." She said quietly.

"It wasn't that I forgot about you, it's just... I couldn't think of you without thinking of him..." Olivia said in a hushed tone.

Hurt crossed over Jo's face, replaced with understanding a second later.

"I didn't know how to stop thinking about him while being with you. All I did was think about him, sometimes I still do. I just needed to find a way to get away from it, from him, from what happened, from all of it. I needed to find a way to heal, or to heal somewhat. But I didn't realize until it was too late that meant being away from you too." Olivia explained.

Jo listened quietly, not saying anything. So Olivia took a deep breath and continued on, "Fred and George understood it though, that I needed to be distracted from it. I let myself be consumed by the distractions, throwing myself into anything and everything just to keep my mind busy. I went through a lot, and I'm still not healed, far from it. But I know one thing that's for sure."

"What's that?" Said Jo, meekly.

"That I miss you," said Olivia taking her friends hand that was laying on the table.

"What you said, in The Quibbler about him. About remembering his name, instead of talking about what you experienced. It was really big of you to do that." Jo said with tears in her eyes, she nodded her head encouraging herself to continue. "I think we all needed that. Thank you."

Jo paused before taking a deep breath, "And I missed you." Olivia gave her a sad smile, and squeezed her hand.

"It's about time you two, made up." Said a voice behind them. They turned to look, and seen that it was Cedrics portrait hanging on the wall. The golden boy smiled down at his friends.

Olivia laughed, wiping her own tears away. Jo smiled, then cleared her throat. "Now that's out of the way, I want to know more about this dragon trainer that I seen kissing you on the platform at the start of school!" Said Jo.

Olivia laughed again, and told her all about the dragon trainer. They talked all day about Charlie, her tattooed, and everything else that happened since Jo was out of the loop.

Jo returned the conversation by informing Olivia about what she had been up to, also. Apparently Jo had accepted a journalist position for the paper, once school ended covering quidditch teams. Olivia promised to tag along for a match or two to provide some amazing photos for her column in the newspaper.

It was nice to have a girls day, with an actual girl. Even though she appreciated when Fred and George tried their best to have a girls night for her, and they really enjoyed the gossip she shared with them. She wouldn't be having another anytime soon because of how they had used a whole bottle of nail polish on her toes. More skin was painted than her actually nails had been.

Plus, some things Jo just understood better than the guys did.

Like how a few days after Jo and Olivia had fixed things, Olivia was heading the barrels after leaving the paint studio. Her hands were coated in paint, along with her skirt.

She wanted to get washed up before dinner, but was stopped in the corridor by Umbridge. "Miss Evans," she said tightly.

Olivia looked up from where she was tried to rub off a spot of blue paint on her skirt, to see the ugly toad woman. "Yes, Headmistress?" Olivia said with fake kindness.

"10 points from Hufflepuff, for you dirtying up the school, tracking that mess with you through the corridors." Said Umbridge with a smugness.

Olivia grounded her teeth, "My apologies, it won't happen again." Olivia said with a forced smile.

"You best make sure it doesn't happen again. But maybe if you had a mother to actually teach you to be a lady growing, you wouldn't be such a mess. Would you?" Umbridge said with a evil grin.

Olivia blinked once. Then again. Roaring began in her ears. She could feel that burning deep inside her flicker. Only the sound of a hem-hem, pulled her back to reality.

"Would you?" Repeated Umbridge.

Olivia clenched her jaw, "I suppose I wouldn't be, Headmistress." She said in a deathly tone. Umbridge savored the look on Olivia's face for a moment before walking away.

Along with her anger that grew, came with an overflow of tears. Olivia clasped a hand over her mouth, running as she sobbed through the corridors. Everyone watched her go by, whispering breaking lose.

She heard people say different things, as she ran.

"Who would ever make Ollie cry?"

"I can't believe Umbridge could say that to her!"

"Ollie always has paint on her, though, that's just Ollie."

Olivia ran until she found an empty classroom that was always unused. She locked herself inside. She slid down the door, pulling her knees to her chest.

She could hear on the other side people gathering near the room.

"Should we check on her?"

"Someone go get the twins!" Someone yelled.

"Should someone tell Professor Snape?"

"No, not yet. Just wait and see if the twins can get her out first, then we'll go to her dad." That voice she knew belonged to Draco Malfoy, why he was acting concerned for her after she threatened him, Olivia didn't know.

"Ollie, are you okay?" Said a caring girl from the other side of the door.

"Of course she's not okay, who would be after that? She probably wants to be left alone." Snapped someone. There were so many voices, so many sounds.

Olivia just heard only her sobs.

There was a knock on the door, "Ollie, open up, it's Fred."

"Let us in, Ollie," said George.

She didn't let them in, Olivia just pulled her knees tighter to her chest, gripping onto her tights.

There was scuffling and shifting of feet, "Weasleys get out of the way," said a strong female voice.

"She won't open up, Professor." Said George.

"I'll handle it from here," said the woman, there was two taps on the wood door, "Olivia, I'm here."

Olivia knew the woman's voice, she would always know the voice that belonged to the strong witch. And Olivia also knew if she didn't open up the door for the witch that, the witch would find a way in no matter what. So she stood up and unlocked the door, opening it.

Revealing a crowd of students all with concerned faces, standing behind Fred, George, Jo and McGonagall. Olivia knew that Jo, was the one to get the teacher, she understood that this wasn't something the twins could handle but the only real mother she knew first.

Jo gave her a sad smile and nodded, grabbing the twins by the arms pulling them down the hall. Everyone else taking the hint to leave. She stepped out of the way to let McGonagall inside the room, closing the door behind her.

Minerva didn't hesitate to pull Olivia into her arms. "She's got another thing coming to her for messing with you. Rules be damned, you do whatever it takes to get her out of this school." She said to Olivia.

Olivia laughed weakly, "What if I get expelled?"

McGonagall pulled back to look Olivia in the eye. "We'll fix it all whenever Dumbledore gets back and in the mean time I'll deal with Severus. Once he hears what she said, I'll be surprised if he doesn't get fired next. We need her gone, so the only thing to do is to force her out ourselves."

"I'll do my best then," Olivia said nodding.

"And Olivia?" Said McGonagall cupping Olivia's cheek. "You turned out to be a beautiful woman inside and out, and you didn't need a mother for it. Having a mother doesn't mean you're better off, look at Umbridge she had one and she's terrible. Having a mother just means you have someone to love you, and dear, you have loads of people in this world that love you. So where you lack one, you make up for plenty. Don't let her words tear you down."

Olivia smiled softly, "Thank you... thank you for always being there for me." She said hugging the witch.

•••••

Easter break arrived and on the last day of break, Ginny made a visit to Olivia's Photo studio where she and the twins took up hanging out in with Umbridge on the war path.

Ginny explained how Harry was in need of talking to Sirius and how the three of them could find a way to help him.

So that night Olivia made a visit to the Lions common room, with the twins. They found the trio lounging in a group of armchairs looking at career leaflets.

"Hey," said Fred in Harry's ear. "Ginnys had a word with us about you." He said sitting down and stretching his legs onto the table in front of him.

Olivia took up a spot on the arm of the chair, George took up a seat next to them.

"She says you need to talk to Sirius?" Said Olivia crossing one leg over the other.

"What?" Hermione said sharply.

"Yeah..." said Harry. Leah I thought I'd like-"

"Don't be so ridiculous," said Hermione "with Umbridge groping around in the fires and frisking all the owls?"

"Yeah Ollie, might want to double check with you send to Charlie." Said George with wink, Olivia blushed, but rolled her eyes.

"What you been sending Charlie?" Asked Ron with raised brows.

"Nothing of importance, Ronnie." Said Olivia nonchalantly. "Anyway, I have a way to get a letter to him if that's what you need if you just want to inform him of something-"

"No I need to talk to him, more than what a letter can be." Said Harry, Olivia nodded.

"Alright then, there is a backup plan then." Said Olivia looking for the twins, Fred patted her knee.

"Well, we think we can find a way around Umbridge and everything." Said George, smiling, "it's a simple matter of causing a diversion. Now you might have noticed that we have been rather quiet on the mayhem front during the Easter holiday?"

"What was the point we asked ourselves, of disrupting leisure time?" Continued Fred "No long at all, we answered ourselves. And of course we'd have messed up peoples studying too, which would be the very last thing we'd want to do." He said nodding to Hermione, who looked taken back at the thoughtfulness.

"But it's business as usual from tomorrow, and if we're going to be causing a bit of uproar why not do it so that Harry can have his chat with Sirius?" Said Fred

"Yes but still," said Hermione, "even if you do cause a diversion how is Harry supposed to talk to him?"

"Umbridges office." Said Harry quietly. Olivia felt proud that her Little Duck caught on so fast.

"Are you insane?" Said Hermione in a hushed voice.

"I don't think so," said Harry shrugging, Olivia chuckled.

"And how are you going to get in there in the first place?"

"Sirius' knife," said Harry.

"Excuse me?" Said Hermione

"Christmas before last Sirius gave me a knife that'll open any lock, so even if she's bewitched the door so Alohomora won't work which I bet she has-"

"Oh she has, she's actually replaced her lock multiple times now because of us." Said Olivia with a smirk.

"Once for the Pixies," said Fred proudly.

"Again, because of the Biting Doorknob," said George laughing to himself.

"And another time because of all the dogs we snuck inside that ran her over with she opened the door." Said Olivia, laughing softly, "Such fond memories..."

Hermione turned to Ron, "What do you think about this?"

"I think Ollie is bloody brilliant-" started Ron

"Not about that, about Harry." Snapped Hermione

Ron blushed a bit and Olivia gave him a wink, "I dunno, if Harry wants to do it, it's up to him isn't it?"

"Spoken like a true friend and Weasley," said Fred clapping Ron on the back. "Right then. We're thinking of doing it tomorrow, just after lessons because it should cause maximum impact if every body is in the corridors- Harry we'll set it off in the east wing somewhere, draw her right away from her office- I reckon we should be able to guarantee you what, 20 minutes?" He said looking to George and Olivia.

"Easy," said George.

"Oh yeah, no problem." Said Olivia nodding in agreement.

"What sort of diversion is it?" Asked Ron.

"You'll see little bro," said Fred getting up, offering his hand to Olivia to get up as well. George leaned an elbow onto her shoulder, as she stood between the boys. "At least you will if you trot along to Gregory the Smarmy's corridor around about 5 o'clock tomorrow."

"See you tomorrow Little Duck," said Olivia roughing up Harry's hair and leaving with the twins. They went up the stairs to their dorm.

Olivia closed the door behind her, and turned to look at her two best friends in the whole world. George leaned against the bed post and Fred sat on his trunk at the end of the bed.

She gave them both sorrowed looks, hers eyes turning watery, lip beginning to quiver. "So," she said her voice cracking. "Looks like, our Hogwarts adventures end tomorrow."

"One last prank, to end them all." Said Fred softly.

"One last night to spend with our girl, in the place that brought us together." Said George pursing his lips.

"I really hoped that I could give Harry another way so it wouldn't have to end like this, but I think I secretly always knew that you two wouldn't be leaving here in any ordinary way." Olivia said softly.

"I wish you'd go with us," said Fred with pleading eyes.

Olivia gave him a sad smile, and waved him off, "Don't worry about me Freddie, besides I have to stay here to be with Harry. Dumbledore asked me to before he left." She said. "Besides, I think you all need to do this together just to two of you."

Surprisingly it wasn't Fred, her platonic love, but George who stepped forward and wrapped his arms around her. She could feel his wet tear drops falling from him onto her hair.

"We couldn't have gotten this far without you, Ollie." Said George.

"Oh you know that's not true. My boys were always destined for big things, I'm just glad I was there to witness all the amazing things along the way." She said sweetly, wiping away her own tears.

George pulled out of the hug, and sat on the bed, Fred and Olivia joined him.

"You know, the shop comes with an apartment on the second floor." Said George.

Fred smiled widely, "Oh yeah, and it comes with three rooms!"

"What do you need three rooms for?" She asked, rubbing at her red nose.

"Two for us, and the third for you, of course." Answered George.

Fred laid his head in Olivia's lap, second nature taking over, she began running her fingers through his hair.

"We know, that you might go to Romania with Charlie after school but we figured you'd need a place to stay with you come home. I'm sure Cokeworth is great and everything but you can't live with your Dad forever." Said Fred closing his eyes, enjoying her playing with his hair.

"I'd love that. The triplets together again!" She said happily.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

56.7K 1.5K 82
***Not Edited: Read with that in mind*** You practically grew up a Weasley. Living right down the hill with your muggle parents, you were always curi...
46.1K 1.3K 58
"You know that boy likes you a lot." Milena felt her cheeks warm up. She couldn't put her hands over her face because of everything she was carrying...
214 8 7
DISCONTINUED FOR NOW Evangeline Weasley is the sixth born of the Weasley children. After the war she is living with her boyfriend Nathan. Her family...
793 20 25
Y/N Darkwood lost her parents at a young age and rarely remembers them. She grew up in an orphanage in the Wizard World. The one thing she did know a...