Can't Help Falling in Love

By daddyyderek

Derek Shepherd, Neurosurgeon. Meredith Grey, first grade teacher. What happens when their worlds collide? AU... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
Epilogue

12

936 22 9
By daddyyderek

Meredith sighed as she opened the bottle of tequila, already needing to feel the need to become numb to this stupid holiday. Maybe she could just move somewhere where there wasn't some stupid day for eating birds and watching football and giving thanks. Lexie and Izzie had both left the night before for their parents' houses, and although Derek had spent the previous night with her, taking advantage of the empty house to have sex on the kitchen table, he'd left early that morning, kissing her goodbye after breakfast and telling her that he'd see her on Friday. He was spending this stupid holiday with his family, and she knocked back her first shot of tequila as she rolled her eyes. Family. She didn't need family. She had her tequila and Izzie's cheesy romance movies, and her pizza was on the way. She could give thanks for alcohol and pizza, she liked them better than her supposed family anyways.

The doorbell rang and Meredith quickly stood, adjusting Derek's Bowdoin sweatshirt as she did so. He'd left it in her room a couple weeks ago, and she'd kidnapped it when she realized how much she loved wearing his clothes, even if they did swim on her.

"How much do I owe you for...Derek?" Meredith frowned as she looked up from her wallet, staring at her boyfriend as he stood in front of her, a pot in his hands.

"Hi Mer," he said with a smile, leaning in to kiss her quickly before moving around her towards the kitchen. "You want to help me bring things in from the car?"

"You..." Meredith frowned as she stared at his retreating back, turning to stare at the still open door before looking back towards the kitchen. "What are you doing here?"

"We're having Thanksgiving," Derek smiled as he came back out from the kitchen, rubbing his hands together. "Come on."

"What..." Meredith frowned as he dragged her out to his car and shoved a warm bowl into her hands. "What is this?"

"Mashed potatoes," Derek smiled as he grabbed a bottle of wine and slammed the door closed behind him. "You can't have Thanksgiving without mashed potatoes."

"But...it's Thanksgiving," Meredith said, feeling like an idiot. She couldn't even put two words together, and her stupid boyfriend wasn't helping her to understand what he was doing.

"I know," Derek laughed as he grabbed a gift bag out of the passenger seat and began walking back towards her house.

"Why aren't you with your family?"

"Because I'm with you."

"But...why?"

Derek smiled as they walked into the kitchen and he took the bowl from her hands, setting it down on the table. "Because," he whispered, pulling her into his arms and pressing a kiss to the tip of her nose. "I didn't want you to be alone."

"Derek," Meredith sighed, pulling back to look at him. "This is really sweet, and I appreciate it, I really do. But you can't give up Thanksgiving with your family because of me. I'm fine. I have my tequila and movies, and...I'm fine."

Derek laughed as he moved towards the stove where the big pot he'd placed the big pot he'd carried in when he arrived. "I'm definitely okay with drinking tequila," he said. "According to Izzie, you're quite the wild thing when you drink tequila. And if our sex when your sober is wild enough, I'm pretty sure that you on tequila will go well beyond any fantasy of mine."

Meredith bit her lower lip as she watched him light candles on the table. "Are you sure?" she asked.

"Of course I'm sure," he said as he popped the cork on the wine.

"I should...I'm in pajamas," Meredith stated.

"You are," Derek nodded. "I think it's cute."

"So I should change, right?" Meredith asked, moving towards the door. "You're supposed to like...dress nicely for Thanksgiving, right?"

"Change if you want," Derek shrugged. "But don't plan on staying dressed for too long."

"What?" Meredith frowned.

"As soon as dinner's over, I want you naked," Derek smiled as he held out a gift bag for her. "I got you a present."

Meredith frowned. "Are you supposed to give presents on Thanksgiving?" she asked as she took it hesitantly.

Derek smiled. "It's your first Thanksgiving, Mer," he said. "And honestly...this is just as much for me as it is for you."

"What is it?"

"Open it and see," Derek smirked.

Meredith smiled shyly as she pushed the tissue paper aside, her eyes widening as she pulled the present out of the bag. "Derek..."

Derek watched her carefully as he watched her take in the tiny white dress, the neckline plunging, the bustline covered in sparkling rhinestones. He swallowed hard as he tried to ignore the arousal surging through his body at the thought of Meredith wearing it.

"Are you....lingerie," Meredith stated, a nervous giggle escaping her lips.

"Mer," Derek said softly. "If you're not comfortable with this, it's fine. But I know you're getting more comfortable with me, and with sex, and I just...it's hot Mer, and I know you'll look amazing. But if you're not comfortable, it's okay. I know you've been hurt in the past, and I don't want you to feel pressured."

Meredith sighed as she ran her hands over the silky fabric. "You really are McDreamy," she sighed. "Thank you."

"No need to thank me," Derek laughed, leaning forward to kiss her. "I think I'll enjoy this more than you will."

She giggled as she shoved it back into the bag. "Later," she said. "Dinner first."

Derek sighed as he turned back to the stove. "Fine," he said.

"This looks amazing," she said as she looked at the turkey, mashed potatoes, and stuffing that sat on the table.

"It's not that much," Derek shrugged. "At least according to Shepherd standards. But there's only two of us, so I figured I'd stick with the basics."

"Hmmm," Meredith moaned. "This stuffing is amazing."

"It's my dad's recipe," Derek smiled. "He refuses to tell my mom what's in it. Says its for those who will carry on the Shepherd name only."

"So you'll teach ou....your son?" Meredith giggled.

Derek nodded, trying to ignore the increased rate of his heartbeat at the slip of Meredith's tongue. Our son. She had almost said our son, and the thought of making a baby with Meredith was enough to make him fall to his knees and beg her for a future.

"I still can't believe you did this," Meredith said softly. "No one's ever done something so wonderful for me before."

Derek smiled as he reached out to squeeze her hand. "I'm sorry you had a shitty childhood, Mer," he said softly. "But I love you. And you'll experience everything you should with me. I promise."

Meredith smiled. "So Thanksgiving," she said. "What do normal people do?"

"Well, I'm not sure that Shepherds can be considered normal," Derek laughed. "But... we usually get up early to watch the parade in New York. When we were younger, we went every year, but then we moved out to Seattle, so we obviously couldn't do that anymore. And then we turn on football and just spend a day together, the whole family. My sisters are annoying and tease me all day, and my mom's constantly cooking and yelling at my dad for not telling her what's in the stuffing. And then we have a huge dinner and have desert while we watch It's A Wonderful Life."

"It sounds amazing," Meredith breathed.

"It is," Derek nodded, reaching for her hand. "Mer?"

"Hmmm?"

"You can....next year, when you're not Meg's teacher anymore," Derek said softly. "You can be there."

"Oh," Meredith breathed, her eyes wide before she nodded. "That would be nice."

Derek smiled brightly. "Good," he said, finishing off his food.

"So..." Meredith smiled as she leaned across the table towards him. "You said something about fantasies earlier?"

"Oh," Derek blinked, surprised at the sudden change in conversation. "Um...well, first we have a lot more rooms in your house to christen."

"We do," Meredith nodded.

"And....well, there's a pretty long list of other things."

"Hmmm..." Meredith nodded. "Well, if you're not willing to share, I guess I won't take part in them..."

"I want to tie you up," Derek said.

"Definitely," Meredith nodded. "What else?"

"High heels," Derek choked, trying to concentrate on anything other than his pants that were uncomfortably tight.

"Interesting," Meredith smiled, shoving her last bite of potatoes into her mouth.

"What about....you?"

"Me?" Meredith asked.

"Your...fantasies..." Derek said.

"Well," Meredith started. "First, I want to cover your body in chocolate sauce. Your entire body..." she breathed, staring down at his very obvious erection.

"God," he moaned.

"And when you're an intern," Meredith whispered. "And on call...I'll come to the hospital and lock you in an on call room and screw you so hard that you'll forget your own name."

"Meredith," Derek breathed, unzipping his pants and pulling his erection out, lazily moving his hand up and don his length.

She smiled as she watched him. "And you know..." she whispered breathily. "I owe you for being completely amazing and giving me my first Thanksgiving. So whenever you want wherever you want...I'll give you a blow job."

"Holy..." Derek's eyes closed as he tilted his head back, his hand moving faster over himself. "Meredith."

She smiled as she watched him, suddenly moving her chair closer. "I doubt that's proper behavior for the dinnertable," she murmured in his ear.

"I need you," Derek groaned.

"Let's move this upstairs," she whispered, reaching for the gift bag. "You can...take care of yourself while I get your present ready."

Derek inhaled shakily. "God, Meredith," he whispered.

"Come on," she giggled, grabbing his hand and pulling him towards the stairs, laughing as he stumbled on his shaky legs. She led him up to her bedroom, pushing him onto the bed and kissing him quickly before she whispered. "I'll be right back. And you better be naked when I'm back."

Derek nodded, his head fuzzy as she disappeared into the bathroom. Meredith smiled as she quickly tore her pajamas off, slipping into the lingerie and staring at herself in the mirror, shaking her head slightly. The halter straps pulled tight around her neck, pushing her breasts up and making them look huge. The neckline plunged to give her cleavage that she'd never had before, and the hem barely grazed the tops of her thighs.

She took a deep breath as she reached for her hairbrush, her body already shaking with what was to come. She'd always been pretty adventurous in high school and college, but it was completely different with Derek. She loved him, and she trusted him completely. It wasn't just sex with him, but somehow that made their connection in bed even stronger. Before Derek it had been a few years since she'd slept with anyone but now... now she felt that there wasn't anything she wasn't willing to do that would give Derek the same pleasure she felt every time he was inside her.

She glanced in the mirror, satisfied with her appearance before she opened the door, leaning against the frame as her eyes landed on Derek. "Well..." she purred. "Don't you look ready."

"Oh God," Derek groaned as he drank in the sight of her. "Meredith, you look... amazing."

Meredith smiled slyly as she sauntered over to the bed, stopping to pick up something off the floor. "I was reading Izzie's Cosmo today," she breathed as she climbed onto the bed, swinging her leg over Derek's waist to straddle him, resting the magazine on his chest as she flipped through the pages. "There were some very interesting things in there."

"Oh really?" Derek asked huskily. "Like what?" He pushed the magazine off of his chest and leaned forward to bury his face between her breasts, his tongue lapping gently against her skin.

"Well, I seem to remember that you liked my cowgirl costume on Halloween," Meredith breathed as his hands moved to the hem of her dress, if it could be called that. She allowed him to practically rip it over her head before she pushed him onto his back, settling herself between his legs as she lowered herself onto him. "Oh God..."

"Mer," Derek moaned, relishing the tightness he felt as he slid into her.

"Derek," she cried as his hand wandered to her center, working quickly as she rode him. She could feel herself already starting to lose herself at the combined sensation of her thrusts and Derek's hand against her. She threw her head back in ecstasy, the ends of her hair brushing against Derek's stomach and causing him to moan and increase the speed of his fingers.

"Derek," Meredith screamed as she felt her body tighten. "Oh my god...Derek..."

Derek groaned as he felt her tighten around him and scream his name repeatedly. "Meredith," he breathed as he sat up, shifting her so that she was straddling him as he slipped inside her again. "Oh God."

"Derek," she whimpered as she leaned her body back slightly, her body sliding quickly along his thighs. "That's it...yes!"

Derek could feel himself starting to lose control as Meredith leaned back, her breasts directly in front of his face. He leaned forward to take a nipple into his mouth, sucking eagerly and causing her to scream loudly, words no longer coming from her lips.

"Meredith," he groaned loudly as he spilled into her, her muscles tightening around him. "Oh, Mer..."

"Derek," she panted as her orgasm washed over her, burying her face in his neck as his body trembled.

"Oh my God," Derek breathed as he finally felt the sweet pleasure of release spread through his body.

"Derek," Meredith whispered as he fell onto his back, pulling her to rest on top of him. "That was..."

"Sex with you just keeps getting better," Derek breathed. "You may kill me."

Meredith smiled as she lifted her head, pressing her lips to his gently. "I already have ideas for high heels and handcuffs," she breathed.

"Killing me," Derek moaned, pulling her close.

"I love you," Meredith whispered.

"I love you too," Derek replied.

"Thank you," Meredith whispered. "For giving up Thanksgiving to be with me."

"I didn't give up Thanksgiving," he shook his head. "I'm right where I wanted to be."

"Good," Meredith smiled.

"Believe me, this is a million times better than my sisters teasing me about anything they can think of," Derek laughed.

Meredith smiled as she linked her legs with his. "This was the best Thanksgiving ever," she whispered.

"I agree," Derek nodded. "And after that...I'm definitely getting you a subscription to Cosmo for Christmas."

Meredith giggled as she reached for the abandoned magazine on the floor. "Which should we try next?" she asked. "The Spoon? Or the Joystick Joyride?"

"Hmmm....both," Derek grinned, pulling her closer. "Happy Thanksgiving, Meredith Grey."

"Happy Thanksgiving, Derek Shepherd."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34K 741 29
Sequel to You Save Me. ‼️Disclaimer‼️ I do not own Grey's Anatomy or any of the characters in this book. I do not own this book, all the credit goes...
37.8M 1.1M 68
Deadly assassins Allegra and Ace have been trying in vain to kill each other for years. With a mutual enemy threatening their mafias, they find thems...
125K 2.6K 200
This begins after 4x11 and is about MerDer. This is copied from Tapatalk. On Greysmcboard by Merder4lifetime. ***MATURE***