GINGERSNAPS

Par theginger412

Olivia Evans, who was given up at birth by her mother, Petunia, later finds out that she is a witch. Just whe... Plus

1. The Past meets The Future
2. Settling In
3. Lemonade
4. Flash
5. Captured Moments
6. Breaking Through
7. Scolded
8. Beaten Up
9. Petrified
10. Safe
11. Leaky Cauldron
12. Respects
13. Challenged
14. Slashed
15. Mischief Managed
16. Yearbook
17. Bring The Lion Out
18. The Cup
19. Moony
20. Contact
21. Toffee
22. Strawberry Ice Cream
23. The World Cup
24. Her Heart
25. Moody
26. The Tournament
27. Her Name
28. Her Wand
29. Her Dragon
30. The First Task
31. Her Flame
32. Love Potion
33. The Yule Ball
34. The Second Task
35. Birthdays
36. The Third Task
37. Graveyard
38. Her Friend
39. In Memory
40. Grimmauld Place
41. Pieces of Her
42. Inked
43. Lavender Tea
44. Uncle
45. Firewhiskey
46. Ministry of Magic
47. The Hearing
48. Treacle Tart
49. Evans
50. Her Boggart
51. Kings Cross
52. Bloody Mess
53. Skeleton
54. Playing with Fire
55. Last, First Match
56. Attacked
57. St. Mungos
58. Honey
59. P for Percy
60. Drooble's Best Blowing Gum
61. Her Letters and Feathers
62. Occlumency
63. Not Tonight
64. Cornish Pixies
65. Red Lace
66. Yellow Paint
68. Changes and Captures
69. Style
70. Adventure's End
71. Blowing Kisses
72. Stunned
73. Evans
74. Her Death
75. Cracks In Their World
76. From The Ashes
77. Her Funeral
78. Her First
79. Broomsticks & Sunsets
80. The Return
81. Scars
82. Permission
83. Paints and Pranks
84. Red
85. Normal
86. Vials and Stakes
87. Blood Oath
88. Arm Sling
89. Trunk of Photos
90. Never Know
91. In This Life
92. Melted Metal

67. Sacked

1.8K 67 6
Par theginger412

The prankster trio had not got to use the key just yet. Not before one evening during dinner a group gathered around something in the entrance hall. Olivia had pushed her way through the crowd to see what was going on.

Fred and George ushered her to the front where they stood protectively behind her. In the center of the crowd was Professor Trelawney with her wand in one hand and an empty sherry bottle in the other.

She looked furious, with her hair sticking up on end and her glasses were lopsided making only one eye magnified more than the other. Tangled in shawls and scarves, looking as if she was falling apart. Two large trunks sat by her feet, as she looked at Umbridge standing at the foot of the stairs.

"No!" She shrieked. "NO! This cannot be happening... it cannot... I refuse to accept it!"

"You didn't realize this was coming?" Said Umbridge amused. "Incapable though you are of predicting even tomorrow's weather, you must surely have realized that your pitiful performance during my inspections and lack of any improvement, would make it inevitable you would be sacked?"

"You c-can't!" Howled Professor Trelawney tears streaming down her face. "You c-can't sack me! I've b-been here sixteen years! H-Hogwarts is m-my h-home!"

"It was your home," said Umbridge "until an hour ago, when the Minister of Magic countersigned the order for your dismissal. Now kindly remove yourself from this hall. You are embarrassing us."

Olivia pushed up her sleeves and took a step forward, but George and Fred looped their arms through hers pulling her back into place.

Umbridge looked like she was gloating in enjoyment. Professor Trelawney was slumped onto one of her trunks sobbing. That's when Olivia seen one of the greatest woman she could ever know break away from the crowd.

Professor McGonagall marched straight up to Professor Trelawney and patted her back firmly then handed her a handkerchief to the crying witch.

"There, there, Sybill... Calm down.. blow your nose on this... it's not as bad as you think, now.. you are not going to have to leave Hogwarts."

"Oh really, Professor McGonagall?" Said Umbridge in a deadly voice taking a few steps forward. "And your authority for that statement is...?"

"That would be mine." Said a deep voice.

The oak doors had swung open, student beside them scuttled out of the way as Dumbledore appeared In The entrance. Olivia could only admire the badass power move from the headmaster.

Leaving the doors open he strode forward through the circle of onlookers towards the place where Professor Trelawney sat.

"Yours, Professor Dumbledore?" Said Umbridge with an unpleasant laugh. "I'm afraid you do not understand the position. I have here-" she pulled a parchment scroll from within her robes- "an Order of Dismissal signed by myself and the Minister of Magic. The terms of Educational Decree Number Twenty-three, the High Inquisitor of Hogwarts has the power to inspect, place upon probation and sack any teacher she- that is to say, I- feel is not performing up to the standard required by the Ministry of Magic. I have decided that Professor Trelawney is not up to scratch. I have dismissed her."

Olivia could have cheered in that moment because Dumbledore gave the toad a wide smile.

"You are quite right of course, Professor Umbridge. As High Inquisitor you have every right to dismiss my teachers. You do not, however have the authority to send them away from the castle, I am afraid. That the power to do that still resides with the headmaster and it is my wish that Professor Trelawney continue to live at Hogwarts."

Professor Trelawney gave a wild laugh, "No- no I'll go, Dumbledore! I sh-shall leave Hogwarts and seek my fortune elsewhere-"

"No," said Dumbledore sharply, "It is my wish that you remain Sybill." He turned to McGonagall, "Might I ask you to escort Sybill back upstairs, Professor McGonagall?"

"Of course," said McGonagall "Up you get, Sybill." Sprout helped the sobbing witch and Flitwick used his wand to bring her trunks along as they followed them. Umbridge was still stocked staring at the smiling Dumbledore.

"And what," she said in a whisper that carried in the silent hall, "are you going to do with her once I appoint a new Divination teacher who needs her lodgings?"

"Oh that won't be a problem," said Dumbledore pleasantly, "you see I have already found us a new Divination teacher and he will prefer lodgings on the ground floor."

"You've found-?" Said Umbridge shrilly, "You've found? Might I remind you Dumbledore that under Educational decre twenty two-"

"The ministry has the right to appoint a suitable candidate if- and only if- the headmaster is unable to find one," said Dumbledore "And I am happy to say that on this occasion I have succeeded. May I introduce you?"

He turned to the open front doors where the night was visible. The sound of hooves echoing near, and a shocked murmur broke around the hall. As a white blond haired and blue eyes centaur came inside.

"This is Firenze," said Dumbledore "I think you'll find him suitable."

After Umbridge stormed off and the crowd returned to their meal. Olivia went up the headmaster. "Wow, just wow." She said at her approach.

Dumbledore turned to face her. "Awh, Firenze let me introduce Miss Olivia Evans, one of Hogwarts greatest artists and comically jokester."

Olivia reached up to shank the half man half horse person in front of her. "Nice to meet your Professor."

Firenze looked deeply at her his eyes flared quickly. "Olivia Evans, the one our Sun and stars sing of."

"I don't know about any of that, but hey I'm pretty fond of them too." Joked Olivia.

Firenze only tilted his head to the side observing her. Olivia straightened her shoulders and looked between Dumbledore and the centaur.

"Ollie, would you be a dear and go ask the kitchen to send up dinner to the North Tower for Professor Trelawney." Asked Dumbledore

"Of course, sir. Have a good evening," said Olivia nodding to them both before heading to do as she was asked.

Dumbledore and Firenze watched her go, neither spoke until she was out of earshot. "She is the one with the flame?" Firenze asked although he knew the answer.

"Yes, that is our Ollie." Answered Dumbledore

"She is very special."

"Yes indeed, very special to all of us." Dumbledore said with warmth in his heart for the little ginger that he grew fond of.

Days passed and the prankster trio waited outside Umbridge's office in the dead of night, while Fred fumbled to use the master key to unlock the door.

"Hurry Fred! This bag of rocks are breaking my arms!" Whispered Olivia with a grunt.

"I'm gonna beat you with one of these bloody rocks if you don't get that door opened soon!" Grunted George adjusting the sack of rocks he held.

"Quiet both of you! It's hard to see and we can't use our wands for light or someone will see us, I'm trying my best- Got it!" Said Fred, quietly opening the door, he was almost knocked over when Olivia and George rushed inside laying down the rocks.

"You know I think if we used a simple unlocking charm it would have opened right up." Said Fred rubbing his shoulder where George had bumped into him.

"That key will be useful for other things I'm sure, any way let's get to work." Said Olivia casting a silent charm and lock charm.

After a couple hours of transfiguring the small Boulder size rocks one by one, they finished. "I believe we should document this occasion, don't you boys?" Said Olivia pulling out her camera.

"I think we shall," said George. Together the three scooted together showing off all their new transfigurations.

"Okay let's get out of here." Said Fred heading to the door.

"Wait! There's one more thing I wanted to grab." She said going around the desk and pulling open a drawer where she found a stack of the medieval torturous quills. Olivia gathered them into her bag not leaving a single one behind.

"All right I'm ready let's go!" She said and the three of them left as soundlessly as them came.

The next morning Olivia stood outside McGonagall's office that was down the corridor from Umbridge's. McGonagall came around the corner, "Good Morning to you, what do I owe this pleasure of your presence this early for?"

"Oh no reason, just thought I would stop by and chat a bit with you." Olivia said nonchalantly. She glanced at McGonagall then back down to Umbridge's office door.

"Mhmm I'm sure that's the reason." Said McGonagall crossing her arms. Umbridge appeared coming down the corridor humming to herself pulling out her key to unlock her door.

Fred and George came around the corner and stood with the witches. "Did we miss it?" Whispered an out of breath Fred.

Olivia shook her head staring at Umbridge opening up her door.

"Miss what? Olivia please tell me you didn't-" McGonagall started to say but was cut off by a loud shriek.

Umbridge screamed as 20 or so dogs rushed out of her office, trampling her in the process. Mixed in with her screams was the sound of barking. The dogs ran into the corridor sniffing students and barking at Mrs.Norris.

After the final dog escaped Umbridge stood up from the floor covered in dirty paw prints heaving to caught her breath. Before she could spot Olivia and them, McGonagall opened up her office and pushed the three of them inside, closing the door behind them.

McGonagall glared at the three of them sternly. But it was when Olivia let out a snort that it made them all bursting out laughing.

"Okay okay, calm down," said McGonagall wiping a tear from the corner of her watering eyes from laughing so hard. "As someone who hates that woman, I applaud you three. But as your teacher I must know how you managed to smuggle in that many dogs, without a single soul finding out?"

The trio had finally stopped laughing, "They're rocks, not a single real dog among them." Answered George.

McGonagall raise her brow. "We transfigured them, I collected rocks for a few weeks now, picked up a few tips from you in class and well I think you know the rest." Said Olivia with a pleading look on her face, begging that they didn't get in trouble.

McGonagall nodded her head, "In that case, excellent initiative on working outside of class time. Five points to Gryffindor and Hufflepuff." She said opening up her door for them to leave. "And let this be the last time I save your necks."

They all three gave her grateful smiles as they left. That evening Olivia walked into Snape's office. "Daughter of mine one of these days you will learn to knock." Said Snape scribbling something in a book, not even looking up from the page.

"I have come with a gift and a surprise." Said Olivia sitting on the edge the desk.

"Don't you mean surprise gift?" Said Snape still scribbling something down.

"No. I spoke correctly, a gift and a surprise." Said Olivia pulled open her bag, and dumped out the medieval quills on the book that Snape was writing in.

"As you can see, I am in no need of a quill," said Snape showing her the quill that was already in his hand.

"Oh no, you wouldn't like to use those quills, they have a funny feature of leaving scars on the back of your hands." Olivia said cheerfully, as she picked at her nails.

Snape raised a brow eyeing the quills then looking at his daughter. "I see, and what do you plan to do with them if you don't plan to use them?" He asked.

"Now that would ruin the surprise," she said hoping off the desk. She picked up a cauldron from one of the shelves and placed it on the desk. Then after gathering all the quills she put them inside the cauldron.

Olivia made a directive point to show Snape that she laid down her wand on the desk by her bag. He continued to watch her with an unamused expression.

She pushed up her sleeves and held out her hands, palms facing over the cauldron. Olivia had practiced over and over until it was no longer difficult to call the flame. Where before it would have took a few seconds, that wasn't the case this time. Instantly fire exploded out of her hands and into the cauldron.

The quills turned to ash within seconds, and Olivia called back the flame where it disappeared into her palms. She looked at her wide eyed dad.

"Surprise." Said Olivia with a soft smile.

"Did you master a fire spell wandless?" He asked

"Nope, no spell needed. I just can do it, I guess." She answered. Snape was clearly shocked by what he witnessed. "I can do another things too, like move the flames or make them bigger or smaller. I have complete control of it but I haven't practiced doing anything large, didn't want to burn down the school if I couldn't handle it."

"You must not tell or show anyone, Olivia. For now at least until I can find out more. If this information was to get into the wrong hands, it could be dangerous." Said Snape sternly.

"I wasn't going to tell anyone, I just wanted to show you. I rather not have everyone looking at me like I'm about to burst into flames at any second." She said.

"Let's keep it that way, until I can speak with Dumbledore about it. I just want to keep you safe."

"I know, Dad, everything you do is to keep me safe." Olivia said with a soft smile.

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

46K 1.3K 58
"You know that boy likes you a lot." Milena felt her cheeks warm up. She couldn't put her hands over her face because of everything she was carrying...
208K 6.5K 28
Athene Atkinson had never been one to step into the limelight. She was quite content to sit in her little bookshop in Diagon Alley day in and day out...
472K 10.6K 38
Raven Evans has known only two things about her biological parents. 1) her mother, Lily, died by the hand of a dark wizard and 2) her mother's husban...
879K 24K 42
Ruth is the youngest of the Ash triplets. Born only three minutes after her sisters, Ruth has always been the odd one out. She's been invisible all...