TEMPTATIONS

By dee_zongo

Emily, an astounding designer to the star is a young woman who hasn't found luck in love, but that changes wh... More

chapter 1
Chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 16
chapter 17
chapter 18
chapter 19
chapter 20
Chapter 21
chapter 22
chapter 23
chapter 24
chapter 25
chapter 26
chapter 27
chapter 28
chapter 29
chapter 30
chapter 31
chapter 32
chapter 33
chapter 34
chapter 35
chapter 36
chapter 37
chapter 38
chapter 39
chapter 40
chapter 41
chapter 42
chapter 43
chapter 44
chapter 45
chapter 46
chapter 47
chapter 48
chapter 49
chapter 50
chapter 51
chapter 52
chapter 53
chapter 54
chapter 55
chapter 56
chapter 57
chapter 58
chapter 59
chapter 60
chapter 61
chapter 62
Chapter 63
chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
chapter 74
Epilogue

chapter 2

464 7 0
By dee_zongo

" Whose dress is that?" Asked Gevin eyeing the dress. " Mine, I'm wearing it for Bridget's wedding."

" Oh yes, you're the maid of honor."

" Guilty as charged."

" You don't sound too happy about it."

" I am, but I don't want to be part of it, I simply want to be the guest."

" She's your sister."

" That's why I agreed to do it, I'm not a hateful person."

" You are when you have to be."

" Well, maybe and she wants me to meet the best man who is the brother of Brian."

" Perhaps she could be setting you guys up."

" The brother is married and I don't even believe he is good looking."

" Have you seen how good looking Brian is?"

" Ok, yes, you have a good point, he is very good looking."

" He can be married, but that doesn't mean you can't be a little flirty."

" I don't desire to be a bitch Gevin, so I'm just going to be nice."

" Well, you must tell me how it goes."

" Will do babe," I said as we both stood up. He hugged me goodbye and while I went back to work.

******

I arrived home and went to the kitchen. I was feeling quite hungry, but I wasn't in the mood to cook, so I decided on warming up last night's dinner. I placed the food on my plate, placed it in the microwave, and keyed in the right number before leaving the kitchen and heading upstairs.

I stayed alone and I liked it, well I had come accustomed to it after Gevin left and stayed with his boyfriend. I sometimes wished I came home to someone or someone came home to me, but I didn't dwell on it much because it would distract me from the more realistic things like my job.

I walked into my bedroom and made my way to the closest to change into something comfortable. I decided on sweat pants and a simple black top, with a pair of slippers. I then tied my hair in a messy bun and left for the kitchen.

I walked into the kitchen and made myself a cocktail to go with my food. I was having pasta, which in my case, went well with the cocktail. I took my food out of the microwave, took my cocktail, and walked to the living. I was in the mood to watch a good movie, a perfect combination with my food and drink.

I placed my food and drink on the coffee table, placed myself on the couch, and switched my tv on. I took my remote and started scrolling through, looking at what they had to offer. I came across the great Gatsby and immediately clicked on it. One of my favorite movies. I took my plate of pasta and dug in, while happily enjoying my movie.

*****

I woke up and slipped out of bed so that I could go and freshen up before starting my morning. I walked into the bathroom and did my usual, which was brushing my teeth, washing my face, using the toilet and etc.

****

I walked into the kitchen and saw my nanny cleaning up in the kitchen. Bettina was more than a nanny, she was like a guardian that I would've preferred not doing the cleaning, but she always insisted. She was very close to my mom and me, I've always seen her as my other mom. "Good morning Battina, how are you?"

" Morning Emily, I'm okay and how are you?"

" I'm good. Bettina Gevin is coming for breakfast, so do you mind setting up and also preparing a very good breakfast, pretty please."

" yes, I don't mind at all my dear."

" Thank you," I said then gave her a kiss on the cheek and left for my home office.

I walked into my office and sat on my desk so that I could do some work, I had a missed call from my dad. I redialed the number and waited. He picked the phone up after the third ring and said, " Hello."

" Hey dad."

" Hello noodle, how are you?"

" Great thanks and you?"

" Good, so you excited for your sister's wedding?"

" Yeah, it's exciting to see my sister happy."

" And how's my grandchild Megan?"

" Why don't you call Bridget and ask her yourself?"

" Well, I hear she spending the weekend with you."

" She isn't here yet, I will have her after lunch, but to answer your question she is okay."

" good and work?"

" Still rich if that's what you want to know."

" No, I want to know if you're still happy?"

" Very much so, I'm doing this because it's my passion and because it reminds me of mom, it was her passion too."

" Do you miss her?" Asked dad sounding a little distressed, " every day, I miss her laugh, her smile, her touch, and a bursting personality."

" She left too soon, but I still envision her in my dreams being amazing and loving like she always was" pleaded dad. " It's been a year, but we all managed to get through it and we are fine aren't we."

" Good, yes, that's true Emily."

" Then dad, let's not dwell on the past, mom wouldn't want that."

" Look, sweetie, I have to go."

" Goodbye," I dropped the phone and exhaled deeply. My mother's death was so sudden and it hit us all pretty hard, but mostly my dad, he was nuts about her and it took so much for him to recover.

*****

I walked outside, onto the patio, and found Gevin relaxing, enjoying some sun and juice. " Hello sexy, I see you're enjoying the blistering sun."

" Well, yes, you have this gigantic beautiful house, a big patio that has great sun, a big pool and not to mention the view of the ocean, so why won't I come and enjoy this house."

" Ok, well, let's eat."

****

After my shower and doing everything that was needed to be done in the bathroom, I walked out I proceeded to my closet and got dressed. I decided on wearing blue high waisted jeans, a white blouse, red high heels, and drew my hair in a very tight high pony. I kept it quite classy because I didn't see the need to look hot. I fetched my bags and left my room.

****

I walked into my garage and selected the BMW M3, I felt like taking her because she was my favorite. I hopped in and drove very fast to the Italian restaurant next to the beach, I was kind of running a bit late.

My phone rang and I answered, " Emily where are you?"

" Had breakfast with Gevin and we lost track of time don't worry, I'm nearly there."

" Ok, just checking if you still come."

" Don't worry, I am." I dropped and carried on pushing as fast as I could.

*****

I arrived at La Bonita and went outside to where they were sitting. I knew this because it was our favorite spot to eat in every restaurant, it was nicer to be outside, especially when we had such beautiful weather. I walked to their table and greeted my sister and Brian. After greeting Brian, my sister then said, " so sis this is Emma Micheal and Christian Micheal." I looked at Emma I shook hands with the wife, she was super pretty, with a sweet smile.

I looked at Christian and was mesmerized by his luscious piercing Brown eyes, bright beautiful smile, gorgeous face with a sexy jawline, tight toned lean sexy body, and luscious brunette hair. " Hello there," he said and I shook his hand then sat down.

The waiter walked to our table and I ordered a gin and tonic on the rocks with lasagne, he then left our table. " So Emily, Bridget tells me you're a designer," said Christian as he popped up a conversation." Yes, my label is Glamour&Beauty."

" Wait, you're the Emily Romero, the number one designer in the world! " said Emma with her lustrous smile, " yes I am and I think the title is overrated."

" Why Emily, if it's what you are then embrace the claim."

" Christian I know what I am and I do embrace it, but I feel like the title is too over the top or maybe I'm simply crazy."

" No, you're simply being logical and genuine," I looked up at him and he looked deep into my eyes and smiled, I smiled back then looked away.

A woman came to the table with Megan, I got so happy, took her and put her on my lap. I loved this girl so much she brought happiness in my life, my beautiful Angel. "Hello Megan," I kissed her cheeks and everywhere, hugged her while others were talking and eating.

I ate and played with Megan, I sometimes attended her as my own. I did want a child of my own one day with a man I could always call mine, but I don't think I would find that, not right now." Sis, we are going to take a walk want to come?"

" Nope, I will stick around here."

" Ok, I'm taking Megan with."

" All right." I kissed her cheek, then gave her to her mother. " Christian baby you are coming?"

" No Emma, you don't mind right."

" Not at all." They all went away and it was just Christian and I at the table. "Are you married, Emily?"

" Nope, I'm single."

" Why?"

" Haven't found "the one" as they would say."

" Are you still searching?"

" Not hard enough, I feel like the right guy will swiftly get to me without being forced."

" Sounds fair."

" If you say so."

" You and your sister are quite different."

" You've known me for like about 3 hours and you're already comparing how different my sister and I are?"

"Aren't you comparing how different my brother and I?"

" These things require time, so no I'm not."

"Well your sister is elegant, posh and beautiful, and you."

" Yes, what about me?"

" You're sexy, hot, you have those piercing brown eyes that can leave people mesmerized, your smile can light up the entire room, you have a curvy body, and your sister doesn't, your body is the definition of sexy and you're breathtakingly beautiful."

His words were sweet, but I wasn't going to show him that his words touched me like that," if my sister and I are beautiful then that doesn't make us different?"

" It really does."

" How Mr. Micheal?"

" Because Ms. Romero your sister is beautiful, but her beauty doesn't affect me the way your beauty does, I don't want to stop looking at you Emily, no guy ever wants to stop looking at you because you are an exquisitely beautiful woman, those are very rare to find..."

"Your wife has my sister's beauty and you like it."

" It's true that my wife has that sort of beauty I like, Ms. Romero."

" It must be because you chose to spend the rest of your life with it."

" Maybe you're right, I did resolve to spend the rest of my life with it because I love her, so I wouldn't mind spending an eternity with her," I chuckled loudly and Christian raised his eyebrow." You see Christian that right there is why I don't search for men because most of them come here with their Romeo and Juliet bullshit."

" What's wrong with that?"

" It's not original, at all, you have to be original to make me become crazy for you."

" Good luck with that."

" Thanks you're too kind." I gave him a sincere smile. They all came back and I paid the bill, I really wanted to go home and be with Megan for a while.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.6K 919 18
She'd die for love. He didn't believe in love. *** From reading The Love Hypothesis by Ali Hazelwood, to watching 10 Things I Hate About You, to list...
3.2K 228 44
emily is a girl who loves to be herself, but when a new boy moves into the house next to her will she fall in love? or will she hate him?
Until Now By Julie

Teen Fiction

8.7K 773 24
Maisie had planned to dedicate this summer to going out with friends, staying single, and concentrating not only on her job at Layla's, but also her...
68 0 8
Emily is a college student that takes pride in her school work, she rarely ever goes out to parties. She likes to keep to her self and has a few real...