When Darkness Meets The Light...

By Leviathan_Atlantis

Hikari Khonsu is a Samurai Warrior after his father, Bounty Hunter, and unexpectedly a protector for Hololive... More

Introduction
Prologue
Chapter 1: Fubuki Comes Over!
Chapter 2: New Member? Wait...WAIT!
Chapter 3: Dusk Moves In
Chapter 4: Dinner was Shocking.....Literally
Chapter 5: Dusk and Ayame's Bonding Time
Chapter 6: Unexpected Surprise
Chapter 7: A Long Night's Work
Chapter 8: Welcome Back Aloe!
Chapter 9: Fighting in a Mall, Normal Right?
Chapter 10: A Meal and A Unexpected Request
Chapter 11: SAIDO CHESTO!
Chapter 12: Dusk is a Equivalent to a Soccer Mom
Wow, an announcement? No way!
Chapter 13: Please Let This be a Normal Ride...
Chapter 14: Spending Some More Time With Ayame
Chapter 15: Dusk is an Apex Legend
Chapter 16: The Truth
Chapter 17: A Date and a Attempt of Assassination
Chapter 18: A Little Talk
Chapter 19: Two New Roommates?
Chapter 20: A Mall Trip! Again...
Chapter 21: Spending Some Time At the Production Building and a Violent Surprise
Quick Announcement!
Chapter 22: An Eventful Day
Sad Announcements
Chapter 23: 10k Special!!! Flashback and Memories
Chapter 24: To the Arcade We Go!
Announcements That You Should Know
Chapter 26: Feeling a Disturbance

Chapter 25: Conflicts

336 10 5
By Leviathan_Atlantis

Note: Hey! I'm still alive! I don't have much other than apologizing for basically a whole year without uploading, it's been busy. But I don't want to say too much because I don't want this to be your typical apology video. Sorry if the chapter is kind of jumbled, I have worked on it time from time, so ideas might have changed. Enjoy!

Sora's POV

Me and Dusk walked out of the arcade with giant bags full of prizes with fans following behind us. Dusk set down the bags and his head hung down. "Nani? Dusk why are you sad?" I asked him, "I just realized that the tour bus is all the way back, at the parking lot." He facepalmed and sighed. "Oh..." I said, Dusk then looked at me. "It's fine, it shouldn't be a long way. I can carry the bags if you want." He said as he lended me a hand. "No, I can carry these. It's not that heavy." I replied. He then gave me a look that said, 'Are you sure?'. I nodded and picked up the bags. Dusk then shrugged and walked down the streets. The fans behind me were still taking pictures, so I quickly hurried up to follow Dusk.

I was next to Dusk and they kept following us. Dusk then sighed and turned around. "I would appreciate it if you people would leave Sora alone. I think she would prefer you guys and girls to stop following her." Dusk said, boredly. "Well, then you should leave too! You simp!" An adolescent guy cried out loud and crackled at his own joke. Dusk then leaned down next to my head, "What does the word 'Simp' mean?" He asked, "Males get called that whenever they donate money to a female streamer or just being kind to a female overall. I am not too sure about the word myself." I said to him, "So that makes me what they call a "Simp"?" He asked. "No! You're not a simp. You're a friend and family." I said.

Dusk tilted his head at me and legitimately smiled at me. I was shocked, he looked at the fans again and simply said, "Alright then, well I guess I will just have to call the police." Dusk said as he made a whole show of pulling out his phone. "H-hai, hai, hai! We'll leave, geez!" Someone said and they all scrambled away. "That's one way to do it, I guess." I said, "Always works." Dusk shrugged. I sighed, but then smiled. Dusk picked up the bags of stuffed prizes, "Let's start moving, again." Dusk smiled at me. I blushed a little and quickly followed after him. "You're acting happier all of the sudden, why is that?" I asked him, "Sora, do you really see me as family?" Dusk questioned. "Of course! It sounds weird to say this, but you're like the papa of Hololive!" I said, "Also because you and Mio are a thing." I added with a smug grin. Dusk scoffed and rolled his eyes. I giggled at his reaction and we kept walking.

After a little bit of walking, we made it to the tour bus. Dusk opened up the side compartments and we shoved our prizes in. Dusk allowed me to climb on first while he would climb up right behind me. Right as he sat down at the driver's seat he got a phone call. "Who is it?" I asked him, "Mio." He simply replied and answered it. "Moshi moshi?" Dusk answered it on speaker. "Moshi moshi! How is it going?" Mio asked through the phone, "It went fantastic! Wait until we arrive to give you all some prizes!" I shouted and Dusk chuckled, "You guys really won that much?!" Mio asked in amazement. "Yup, sure did. It was basically the whole prize section." Dusk added as he started up the tour bus. "Dusk, you better have left some prizes for other people to get." Mio said seriously, in her mama tone. "No worries, Mio. It was a huge prize pool, we were lucky enough to clear one side of it." Dusk replied. "Hai, I guess it's nothing then." Mio sighed. I chuckled at their conversation, "When will you be back?" Mio asked. "Miss me already?" Dusk teased, "It was just a question!" Mio replied, I could already tell her face was turning red through the phone.

"Hai, I was joking. We'll be back in a little bit, shouldn't take us too long." Dusk said as he pulled away from the parking lot. "Hai, hai, hai. Etto, by the way, can you do us a favor?" Mio asked, "Hm? What is it?" Dusk asked. "Etto, could you pick up Tamaki?" Mio asked and tilted my head. "Who?" Dusk asked, "Tamaki." Mio repeated herself and Dusk looked at me quickly, silently asking for clarifications. "Tamaki is Rushia's boyfriend." I said, "Oh, hai." Dusk said. "So would you mind?" Mio asked. "No, I don't mind. I just need his address-" Dusk started, "I know where he lives! I can show you." I cut him off. "Sugoi, arigatou gozaimasu! This would help us greatly!" Mio said with gratitude. "Nani? What's wrong?" Dusk asked and all of sudden, "NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! MARINE, GET BACK HEREEEEEEEE!" We heard a death metal screech through the phone. "Mio, we've got to go!" We heard Nana say it through the phone. "Gotta go! Love you!" Mio said quickly and hung up.

"Sora, type in the location of Tamaki-san. I don't want to pass his house." Dusk said as he slowed down a bit. I quickly typed in Tamaki's address and ran up to give my phone to him. "Arigatou." He thanked me and looked at it. He sighed and then suddenly I felt the bus do a quick turn. "Woah!" I yelped as Dusk made a quick turn. "Knew it." I heard him say under his breath. He made several turns left and right as we navigated through the city, Dusk then made it to an apartment complex and made a stop. "Is this the place?" Dusk turned around and questioned me. "Sou, let's go get him." I said as I got up. Dusk opened the door for me and I stepped out. I started looking around for the way to his apartment, I haven't been here in a while. I then heard Dusk behind me and the sound of the bus locking. "Let's get moving, lead the way." Dusk told me and I started walking.

Tamaki's POV

"Ahhh..." I clicked my tongue in satisfaction as I drank my tea. I was on my couch and watching my friends streams. I was about to take another sip until suddenly, *DING*, I shook as I spilled my tea a little. I sighed as I set my tea down and walked over to the door and opened it. "Moshi moshi?" I asked kindly as I opened my door. My jaw dropped as I saw who was in front of me, it was Sora-sama! I quickly stood up right and cleared my throat, "Sora-sama! What brings you here?" I asked, "Tamaki-san! Good to see you, but apparently Rushia is currently out of control so the members really need your help!" Sora explained, "Ah! I see, then we must be on our way!" I declared as I locked my door and quickly ran around the corner where I bumped into someone.

 "Ah!" I yelped as I fell backwards, but was luckily caught. "Is this Tamaki-san?" A deep voice asked, a little bit confused. "Sou, that is Tamaki-san." Sora-sama confirmed. I opened my eyes and saw "dull" looking red eyes. They were beautiful, but seemed a little bit inactive or even lifeless. "Woah! Who are you!?" I jumped out of his grasp and backed up to Sora-sama. "It's one of those attackers! Sora-sama, I will protect you. Hyaa!" I yelled as I gave the attacker a high kick, he easily blocked it. 

"Calm down, Tamaki-san! He's with me, his name is Dusk." Sora-sama pulled me away from him. "Dusk?" I asked, confused. I didn't remember them having someone called Dusk, especially not a male. Well, except for Holostars but they rarely make contact with each other. "Are you sure we have the right person?" The man, Dusk, asked Sora-sama. "Sou! This is Tamaki-san, why?" Sora-sama replied, "Well, you said boyfriend and-" He started, "Dusk!" Sora-sama cut him off, I was confused at what was happening. The tall man sighed and just nodded. He then walked off and Sora-sama followed him, 'Hm, they seem to get along really well' I thought. I quickly followed Sora-sama, I walked next to her and leaned towards her ear. "So who is he?" I whispered so that the man didn't hear me, although I wasn't reassured when his ears perked up. "Oh, he was a bodyguard that was hired for us." Sora smiled, but said that pretty loudly. Sora-sama and "Dusk" lead me to their very luxurious bus. 

"Woah!" I exclaimed when I saw it, "Welcome, to the Hololive-mobile!" Sora-sama announced it on the fly. "We are not calling it that..." Dusk sighed, but I saw a small grin under his hand. He pulled out his key and unlocked the bus, the doors automatically opened and he signaled us to climb on first. "Arigatou!" Sora-sama said as she climbed up, "Etto, a-a-arigatou." I quickly said as I rushed up the steps. I quickly went over and plopped down next to Sora-sama as Dusk climbed up and took the driver's seat. He started the ignition and We were then on our merry way back to the production building.

Sora's POV

I pulled out my phone and started scrolling through Twitter. I then see a lot of people post about me and Dusk at the arcade. I then rolled my eyes as I read each of their posts. About halfway through the trip, someone else called Dusk. He picked up, "Konichiwa, Ayame." Dusk said. "Dusk! I heard from Mio that you and Sora are bringing back a lot of prizes for us!" Ayame exclaimed, "Haha, sou. We are." He replied and I saw him smile. "How long did it take you guys, you guys must be sugoi at arcade games to buy all of us prizes!" Ayame said. "It was mostly Sora, she was the one carrying."

 He chuckled, "That's not true! Dusk did really well!" I shouted and Ayame giggled adorably. "Well I can't wait to see what you got me!" Ayame said, "We'll arrive shortly." Dusk replied as he took a turn. Dusk then looked dumfounded, "Etto, Ayame?" He started, "Hai?" Ayame responded. "Where are you right now and where is Rushia?" He asked, "Oh! Mio, Nana, and I are just hiding, Rushia is probably trying to break in Marine's room." Ayame giggled despite the situation she is in. "Hai, I will see you soon." Dusk sighed. "Hai! See ya later!" Ayame said and hung up. Shortly after that, Dusk announced that we've arrived at the production building.

Dusk let me off first and he followed close behind me, he opened the storage compartments and pulled one of the many bags stuffed with plushies. "Don't worry Tamaki-san, no need to help." Dusk said as I grabbed it and he carried the rest and we walked towards the entrance.

I reached out my arm, trying to get a grasp on the door handle, but suddenly the door slowly opened by itself. That startled me a little and I whipped around to see Dusk pushing the handicapped button. He gave me a small chuckle, "Sometimes, you gotta think outside of the box. Or I'm just smarter than most people." He said as looked at me. "Hmph, I was just trying to be nice and open the door for you!" I defended myself. "Souuuu, that's totally why." He replied, see right through my lie. "Hmph!" I said as I looked at him.

 It's kind of scary how he can see through many things, but he is a wall that we can't see through, it's kind of impressive though. "Oi, you're staring. The door is gonna close any second." Dusk woke me from my thoughts. "Oh! Gomenasai!" I said, embarrassed as I quickly went in. I pushed the button and waited for the elevator to slowly make its way down. "Something that caught your eye?" He asked me as he stood next to me. "No." I simply responded, he looked at me doubtfully but didn't push me. *Ding* The elevator doors opened and we stepped in, "We must look like fools walking in like this." Dusk scoffed. I giggled, "It looks like we robbed a plushie store." I replied, "Which, by the way, isn't technically false." He added and I elbowed him. "We are idols! We would never do such things!" I announced confidently.

"I see..." He grunted as recovered from my attack. *Ding* The elevators slid open and we made our way to the office. I don't know why I am so excited to give these all to the members, but I picked up my pace as we neared it. I opened the door and entered dramatically with one arm holding up the bag of stuffed goodies, like I was showing them precious treasure. The room was empty, but then all of sudden there was a yelp in delight and I was barreled by multiple bodies, "SORA!" All of the member greeted me warmly and hugged me.

 When Dusk walked in everyone shuffled uncomfortably and kept distance from him as if he was an outsider. He clearly noticed it, but didn't address the issue. Mio, Ayame, and Nana just ran in the room, but then stopped and looked at each other, confused as much as I am. "Everyone grab their plushies! We should have one from everyone here!" I announced, trying to break the silence. Everybody slowly went back to me, but no one went to Dusk. Only Mio, Ayame, and Nana went to him searching for their own plushies. Tamaki-san looked quite confused, "Where's the rampage?" He asked me. I shrugged.

Dusk whispered something to all three of them, but they all shook their heads and shrugged. I asked Aqua what's wrong, "Coco told us that Dusk murdered someone with no emotions right in front of her. When she ran off, she looked back and saw him proceeding to stuff the man in a bag and carry it around. She was traumatized that whole night." Aqua explained to me with wide and scared eyes. "Sou! Is he secretly a monster that we never knew about?" Kanata whispered. "But he is so nice and caring though." Aloe replied, "Sou, for a cover up. Remember, he is a bounty hunter." Botan reminded us. 

They kept chatting about it and I started to tear up a little bit. "Stop!" I yelled, everyone jumped and looked at me. "I can't believe you guys are like this!" I said loudly. Now the tears started to roll down my cheeks. "Dusk is loyal and one of the most trustworthy people I know! And you guys treat him like that?" I scolded them, remembering Dusk's smile when I called him family. "Sora, I don't think you understand. Dusk is a killer..." Coco said, "No Coco! That's he's a bounty hunter, he serves justice! He's not a killer." I replied. I then turned to Dusk, "Right? You said you were a bounty hunter, only killing those who are deemed dangerous." I asked with hope in my eyes. "Yes, that is what bounty hunters do..." Dusk said coldly, like it was a dangerous topic. "See?" I said as I turned to look at the members, but they still didn't looked convinced.

"Guys, come on..." I pleaded, "I'm with Sora, he has always been there for us when we were in trouble. He always has put our safety as his first priority, even if he is risking his own." Aloe stepped out, "Yeah, I don't think Dusk is like that." Korone agreed. Then they all started arguing with each other, "Guys! Dusk only kills when necessary!" Ayame tried to help, but they couldn't hear her. "I will be leaving then." Dusk suddenly said out loud. "Nani?!" Mio said, shocked.

 "You can't! Please!" Ayame said as she tugged his coat, "Don't worry, I won't be officially leaving, I will just be on a hiatus. I will still somehow keep an eye on you all, but just not beside you." Dusk said to them and signaled his hand at the commotion going on, he then threw the bags of plush on the ground in front of the other members and walked out. I then ran after him, Mio then grabbed me. "Mio, let me go!" I said as kindly as possible, "Sora, it's okay. As much as I hate it as well, this would be better in the long run." She whispered. I then took a long shaky breath and exhaled. "Hai, arigatou Mio...I will be in my office." I finally said and walked out.

Dusk's POV

I made my way towards the Holostars section of the building and walked into BAR ROBEL, I opened the door and walked in. Every member was sitting at the counter since they didn't have anything to do. Robel looked over at me, "Dusk! How's it going?" He asked. "Not that good, I'm gonna be put on hiatus." I said as I took a seat, "What?" They all said. "Sou, you heard me. Coco witnessed my job in action and was traumatized, now everyone is in shambles and scared of me." I sighed as I rubbed my face with one hand. Oga shook his head, Shien sighed as well.

 There was a part in the contract about my occupation, that if any of the members witnesses me kill and have a negative effect on the rest, then I need to be put on hiatus. "But look, I have a request to make." I said, "What is it, anything for you man." Robel said and they all agreed. "I want you to look over the girls, will you? You don't have to be with them, just watch them. Not in a creepy way, of course." I said, "Hai, will do." They all said, "But don't let that ruin your schedules." I said, "No worries, we'll take turns." Astel said and everyone nodded. "Robel, you know how to drive?" I asked, "Uhh, sorta." He chuckled. "I can." Shien spoke up and I threw him the keys to the bus, "Can you drive them home and to work?" I asked and he laughed.

 "Oh what an honor." He said and I grinned, "How will you get home?" Oga asked, "Oh, don't worry about me," I chuckled as I got up. I walked to the door and looked over my shoulder, "I have my ways." I said and waved goodbye. I made my way down to the main entrance of the building and walked out. I breathed in the air and exhaled, I then ran down the road and climbed to the top of a building. I jumped around and slowly made my way home, I jumped onto a semi-truck that went the same way to our home. I layed down on it and waited, after a little bit I saw the apartment complexes. So I hopped off, rolled on the ground, and stood up and walked home casually. I unlocked the door and stepped inside, I took off my boots and sighed. I crashed onto the couch and laid there for a bit. I checked the time and it was only 4:33, "You know, a nap doesn't sound bad about now." I said to myself and dozed off.

Mio's POV

The rest of the day wasn't the same, there was still that gloomy and confused aura. Rushia calmed down after seeing Tamaki, Marine was not too badly hurt. And then it was stream time, we made sure that what happened today wouldn't affect our streams, so everyone was cheerful when they streamed. "Mio...I don't like this..." Ayame said to me softly, "I don't like this either." I said as I hugged her, Nana was watching the other's streams, checking in on them. "They seem to be doing fine." Nana commented, "Hai, that's good." I sighed. We were just hanging out in my recording room, it was getting late and people were wrapping up their streams. "Let's get ready to leave." I suggested, "Hai." Both of them replied. I shut down everything in my room and gathered my stuff. "Ready?" I smiled, "Sou!" They said and I closed the light and door to my room and locked the door. "Who's gonna drive us?" Nana asked, I looked at her. "I never thought about that..." I said, "Well, let's see then." Ayame said as we made our way to the elevator.

We were earlier as we walked to the underground parking lot and surprised to see the Holostars already, waiting for us. "Oh, ohayo!" I called out and they waved at me, "Ohayo, Mio-chan." Robel called out, "You want to climb aboard?" Shien asked. "How? Dusk has the keys-" *BEEP* Then the bus doors opened, I looked over and saw Shien holding the keys. "I will be your driver for a week or so." Shien said, "Oh, hai..." I said and we climbed on first. We only had to wait just a little bit as the members started piling in, everyone was confused for a second at the change of drivers, some sighed with relief, some sighed disappointedly. Sora climbed on last and sat next to me. She grabbed the remote and turned on the T.V and turned it to the news broadcast.

  "Now back on the topic of the missing inmate, we have reports from local deputies that the inmate is deceased. They said he was another victim of the mysterious Black Wolf Samurai. Nearby cameras couldn't get a clear view, but got audio instead." The reporter said and played the audio. "I will kill you if I have to, I have to get moving! The police are probably nearby somewhere!" A man said and we could hear a faint click in the distance, "He's armed." Botan suddenly said as she recognized the sound. "Woah there, we don't have to go down that path." A familiar voice said, we all turned and looked at Coco.

"Is that you?" Sora asked and she just had wide eyes. After a little while, she nodded. The audio continued to play and soon enough, we could hear gunshots. Then suddenly the camera turned to static and cut out. The rest of the news was no longer important. "Coco, he saved your life..." Sora said extremely calmly, "You could have at least told us that part of the story." Roboco said. 

"Gomenasai, it's just that it just scared me, I guess." Coco finally said. "It's okay, at least we've all gotten off of Dusk's back. Now he can come back." Sora sighed, "Actually..." Susei started. "Nani?" I said, "We've already told Yagoo and he already contacted Dusk. He's still going to be put on a hiatus still." Kanata said nervously. Mio sighed, but nodded her head. "Hai, we'll wait then." She said as she looked up. The rest of the bus ride was silent, not a single word was spoken. "Ahem." Shien said through the speaker nervously and everybody snapped out of their trance. "My brothers, we have arrived at your destination." Shien said nervously. "Hai!" The Holostars chuckled as they came down the stairs.

"Thanks man." Oga chuckled and punched Shien in the shoulder as he got off. "No problem." Shien silently chuckled, they all said their thanks and goodbyes. Shien then closed the doors and drove us to our destination. It didn't take long before we arrived at our destination, he declared that we were here and we all gave him thanks. I got off last and watched Shien drive off with Mio, Nana, and Ayame. I then turned around and watched all my friends walk away. I sighed and sat down on a nearby bench and gazed up at the stars.

Note: I will posting an announcement right after this chapter to kind of explain my reasoning for not posting for those who are curious. But anyways, there is Chapter 25, I hope you enjoyed it. Sorry there weren't pictures, I couldn't find any good ones. Thank you theorists for sticking with me, I appreciate it! (4079 Words)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.2M 201K 31
After she tragically loses her mother, Cassie turns to street fighting-but she soon learns that the biggest fights happen outside the ring. ...