Little More Love || Completed

By _ExtrovertNerd_

She has always craved for true love and when she found it, she left it. She moved from Manchester to Chicago... More

|| Prologue ||
Chapter 1 : The Interview
Chapter 2 : Destiny's Game
Chapter 3 : Mr. Male Bitch
Chapter 4 : I Apologize
Chapter 5 : Let's Fight
Dear Diary - 01
Chapter 6 : Silver Lining
Chapter 7 : Darker Clouds
Chapter 8 : Black Coffee
Dear Diary - 02
Chapter 9 : Blue Stone Ring
Chapter 10 : Louder
Chapter 11 : Itchy Misery
Dear Diary - 03
Chapter 12 : Acting Talent
Chapter 13 : I'm Prepared
Chapter 14 : Tatiana Roman
Dear Diary - 04
Chapter 15 : Call Me Seth
Chapter 16 : Murderer
Chapter 17 : Set it up
Dear Diary - 05
Chapter 18 : Blind Trust
Chapter 19 : Language Nerd
Chapter 20 : Silly Nerd
Dear Diary - 06
Chapter 21 : Was I selfish?
Chapter 22 : I'm Starving
Chapter 23 : Promises
Dear Diary - 07
Chapter 24 : It's Cold Outside
Chapter 25 : Half Story
Chapter 26 : Ridiculous
Dear Diary - 08
Chapter 27 : Baseball Bat
Chapter 28 : Mr. Sweetest
Chapter 29 : Instant Glue
Dear Diary - 09
Chapter 30 : Bachlorette Party
Chapter 31 : Wedding Day [ Part 1 ]
Chapter 32 : Wedding Day [ Part 2 ]
Dear Diary - 10
Chapter 33 : Just One Month
Chapter 34 : Babygirl
Chapter 35 : How dare you?
Dear Diary - 11
Chapter 36 : It's Snowing Outside
Chapter 37 : Amen
Chapter 38 : Waited For You
Dear Diary - 12
Chapter 39 : Drill Machine
Chapter 41 : I wish I was
Chapter 42 : I had myself
Chapter 43 : I'm going too
Chapter 44 : Hate that woman
Chapter 45 : Pack Your Bags
Chapter 46 : Champagne Problems
Chapter 47 : Rotten Ginger
Dear Diary - Final
|| Epilogue ||

Chapter 40 : That Night

2.4K 130 62
By _ExtrovertNerd_

❁ What exactly happened that night? ❁

29 March, 2018.

Author's POV -

The clock hit eleven. It was an ordinary night in Manchester. The building, more like a giant 7 star complex, of W&Aco. was mostly empty except for the Managing Director's cabin, i.e. Hans'. He was working till late, as usual.

It had been just a month and 14 days since he got married. But instead of giving his time to his beautiful wife, Noriana, he spent most of the nights in the office.

Nothing personal, it was just way too much work to waste even a second of his day and night.

“ Um, someone looks quite busy? ” a girl knocked on the door and he forgot to breathe for a second. It was his ex-girlfriend Rebecca White. With whom he had broken up a while ago, and she still didn't know the exact reason why.

Obviously, he was ceased to never disclose about the contract between David Williamson and his father, Richard Anderson. Hans didn't even invite her to his wedding.

But there she was, standing on the door frame of his sparkling office cabin.

“ Rebe, hey, come on in. ” he shrugged casually. She was holding two cups of coffee. Not to mention, Hans' favorite Iced latte.

“ You look surprised. ” she scoffed as if they were good friends. No grudges. No bad blood. But he had rightful reasons to be surprised. Why was she here? He just couldn't get this question out of his head.

“ I wasn't quite expecting you here. Not at this hour. ”

“ Come on, Hans. Don't act innocent. I honestly came here to throw his coffee right on your face. How dare you didn't invite me in your wedding? ” she taunted while taking a seat in front of him.

He went dumbfounded. He didn't invite her because what else was he supposed to do? Invite his ex-girlfriend, still unknown why they broke up, to his wedding?

“ Aye, don't worry. I changed my mind. Now you can drink it. ” she passed him the cup. Although, he still was hesitant.

“ Hans, I'm not here to cause a scene and cry dramatically, if that's what you think of me. You've moved on and I need to understand that and I'm 80% there, by the way. ” she chuckled and held his hand, “ I'm happy that you're happy. I just want my friend back. ”

Perhaps, she was finally over him, he told himself. To be honest, he was beyond happy. His wife, Noriana, was a nice person and she made him really happy. But somehow she always reminded him of how he broke the heart of an innocent girl, Rebecca.

That night, the laughs that Hans and Rebe shared, reduced some weight from Hans' baggage of guilt. “ And since you didn't invite me to your wedding. You owe me a bigger party, you rogue. ”

“ Fair enough. ” he giggled. “ But for now, let's raise a toast with these coffee cups. ”

Not even five minutes had passed when Hans started to feel dizzy and sub-conscious. Rebecca drugged his coffee. He didn't pass out but he wasn't conscious either.

“ Hans, Hans, listen to me. ” she patted his cheeks multiple times to make sure he was awake. After confirmation, she hugged him tightly like a kid hugs its long lost teddy.

She was there for the closure she never got from Hans, although she demanded many times. But she knew someone was forcing him. No way Hans could marry that stupid rich girl.

Rebecca couldn't even remember her name. Everyone in college used to call Nora, the Snob Bibliophile, Marchioness, and sometimes even The Rich Daughter.

“ Hans, tell me who forced you to marry that Marchioness. ” she asked. Hans could barely open his eyes but she was determined. She repeated the question a few more times until finally Hans spoke up.

“ My father. ” he spit out.

“ Bloody hell, I knew it. Why did he force you? ” she enquired.

“ Because... Because o-of her money. ” and by now Rebecca was on cloud nine. This was exactly what she wanted to hear since the day Hans broke up with her. But guess, she was not the only one who heard it all that night.

Nora was there too.

She had come with the intention to tell Hans about her pregnancy and the tumor in her brain. Before she could walk inside the cabin, the transparent walls, with no blinds, told more than she would've asked.

She heard why Hans married her. She heard that it was never her, it was always her father's wealth. The only thing left was, watching a woman sitting on her husband's lap and kiss him.

But that's exactly what Rebecca did when she heard Hans revealing that the reason of the marriage was never love. Now she did not need any more proofs or explanations to believe that Hans still loved her.

And there was nothing left for Noriana to see or hear either, so she decided to leave.

Rebecca kissed him until she could no longer breathe. “ Hans, I wish you had told me this before. But it's okay. Now that I know you love me, I will never let you go. I've brought these divorce papers with myself. Go hand these papers to that Marchioness, and ask her to sign it. ”

Hans was bouncing between subconsciousness or no consciousness at all. Rebecca had to keep slapping him softly to keep him awake. “ Hans, Hans, you're listening to me? Go home, and ask the Marchioness to sign the divorce papers. And tell her that you never loved her, okay. Tell her she's so annoying, and you don't want to live with her anymore. ”

If only she had known that she was committing a crime. All she knew was, that a rich girl stole her boyfriend from her. She was infuriated. And she had all the rights to be, except she did not know that Nora was also just a victim like her.

It will wrong to say that she didn't wait. Rebecca waited, a very long time for Hans to finally come back to her. But instead of Hans, a news came. The news that Hans got married to the Marchioness.

Someone once said that everything is fair in love and war. So Rebecca did what she had to, to get her love back. She drove him to his house and taught him everything he needed to say to the Marchioness.

Oh the other side, the first thought that came to Nora was to leave Hans and go to somewhere he could never find her. But her love for him compelled her to put her dignity aside, and at least let Hans make his point.

Undoubtedly, he was with her because of her money, but maybe, even for a milli-second he might had really loved her. Just for the sake of that one tiny milli-second she decided to go back to home and listen to Hans' point.

She was sitting on the edge of the bed in the bedroom, when Hans stepped in. She wiped off her tears and looked up at him, but for what? To find him totally pissed. He was so much drunk that he couldn't walk properly.

“ Hans. ” she called as she watched him throw a bunch of papers at her face. When she looked closely into those papers, her world shattered, her heart broke. Hans wanted a divorce.

“ Sign these, right now. ” he managed to speak in the most harsh tone she'd ever heard from him, while still struggling to stand straight. She didn't know what to say or ask, so she just watched him, with teary eyes.

“ Don't you dare! Don't you dare show me those tears and think I will forget how I tolerated you all this time. You are so so so frustrating. Girl, have some guts and admit that you are so nerdy and boring that not even you would like to be with yourself-- ”

“ --Have you ever seen yourself? You're so quiet that even a dumb person speaks more than you. Girl, look at me, I'm so smart and handsome, and then look at yourself. Your old fashioned clothes. My aunts are more stylish than you-- ”

“ --how can you even think that a man like me would like a girl like you. ” he finally took a breath.

“ So every-everything was just a lie. A pretense. All the moments that we spent, they meant nothing to you? ”  her dumb heart still didn't want to believe that Hans never loved her.

God knows what else did she want to hear from Hans now. That everything he just said was a prank and he still loved her? Or hat he did not mean any of his words and he was just drugged?

“ What moments? You mean our trip to scotland when you were the pain my arse. Or the times when I had to counsel you like your bloody therapist. Or wait, do you mean the song you wrote for me on my birthday? Girl, please, I'd rather listen to a baby cry all day than your ridiculous song! ”

And that is how he shattered even the tiny speck of faith Nora had on their love. She wanted to believe it was a nightmare, but it wasn't. “ What do you want me to do now? ” she asked with her broken heart.

“ Go away. Please go away. I don't want to you or your money. I want my life back. ” he mumbled, and Nora did what she had to. Packed her stuff. All of her pictures, token of their previous moments, she took it all. It never mattered to Hans anyway afterall, she thought.

She signed those divorce papers. Her finger never felt so light and her heart so heavy, when she removed the wedding ring and put it on the divorce papers.

She didn't want to stay there any second further, but she thought Hans deserved to know what he just lost. Not only his Silly Nerd but also a child. So she left him a leaving note.

Gulping an abortion pill, right there, she threw the silver wrapper somewhere on the floor. Hans was fast asleep after stealing Nora's forever peace. She carried her luggage out.

And that night, she left the love of her life, her family, her hometown, her country and most importantly a part of herself, behind.

❤❤❤

Ciao, bella gente ٩( ᐛ )و

❁ OMG, I can't tell you how much excited I am to finally upload this chapter!

❁ Want do you think about Rebecca? Do you think she was right in her place?

❁ Did you like this third person's point of view?

People who are mean and rude to you are just the examples of how you don't want to be like in future.
Learn from them and stay from them!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.8M 102K 67
Her : unfulfilled dream and a life changing encounter Him : a painful past and an unchanging future until the amazing yet fearful encounter ... a...
383K 22.9K 62
Zachariel Joseph's heart shattered when the man that he had loved for ten years betrayed him. His lover took everything that he loved away from him...
24.8K 1.3K 56
[Completed ✅✨] 💥SNEAK PEEK💥 ⁠❛❛ I hate you, don't you dare come near me. ❞ ~ ⁠❛❛Do you think you can just leave me like that? I love you and I will...
16.8K 453 60
"I'm the most eligible bachelor of America I'm a billionaire and you're rejecting me" "YES" "Tell me what you want I'll give you anything" " Anything...