GINGERSNAPS

By theginger412

Olivia Evans, who was given up at birth by her mother, Petunia, later finds out that she is a witch. Just whe... More

1. The Past meets The Future
2. Settling In
3. Lemonade
4. Flash
5. Captured Moments
6. Breaking Through
7. Scolded
8. Beaten Up
9. Petrified
10. Safe
11. Leaky Cauldron
12. Respects
13. Challenged
14. Slashed
15. Mischief Managed
16. Yearbook
17. Bring The Lion Out
18. The Cup
19. Moony
20. Contact
21. Toffee
22. Strawberry Ice Cream
23. The World Cup
24. Her Heart
25. Moody
26. The Tournament
27. Her Name
28. Her Wand
29. Her Dragon
30. The First Task
31. Her Flame
32. Love Potion
33. The Yule Ball
34. The Second Task
35. Birthdays
36. The Third Task
37. Graveyard
38. Her Friend
39. In Memory
40. Grimmauld Place
41. Pieces of Her
42. Inked
43. Lavender Tea
44. Uncle
45. Firewhiskey
46. Ministry of Magic
47. The Hearing
48. Treacle Tart
49. Evans
50. Her Boggart
51. Kings Cross
52. Bloody Mess
53. Skeleton
54. Playing with Fire
55. Last, First Match
56. Attacked
57. St. Mungos
58. Honey
59. P for Percy
60. Drooble's Best Blowing Gum
61. Her Letters and Feathers
62. Occlumency
63. Not Tonight
65. Red Lace
66. Yellow Paint
67. Sacked
68. Changes and Captures
69. Style
70. Adventure's End
71. Blowing Kisses
72. Stunned
73. Evans
74. Her Death
75. Cracks In Their World
76. From The Ashes
77. Her Funeral
78. Her First
79. Broomsticks & Sunsets
80. The Return
81. Scars
82. Permission
83. Paints and Pranks
84. Red
85. Normal
86. Vials and Stakes
87. Blood Oath
88. Arm Sling
89. Trunk of Photos
90. Never Know
91. In This Life
92. Melted Metal

64. Cornish Pixies

1.9K 66 2
By theginger412

The next day they would be heading back to school. So with dread in her heart Olivia woke before the sun had risen, got dressed and packed away the last of her things.

She reminded herself that in a few more months that the distance that would be between her and Charlie would be no more. And they would get to really start their relationship besides the several letters and occasional visits.

Olivia had said her goodbyes to her uncle and waited for Charlie in the parlor. Where they hugged and kissed, saying Until Next Time instead of goodbye. With those final words they parted ways, Olivia to Hogwarts and Charlie to Romania.

When she was back in her dormitory bed in the barrels, Olivia waited until the dead of night to sneak out.

As spundlessly as she could, Olivia got out of bed, tugged on her boots, and slid into the worn leather hand-me-down jacket. Once outside the barrels she shifted into her golden feathers and took flight, determined to get started on the list of havoc she planned to make Umbridge endure.

Her first stop was to visit the House elves, where Pippy welcomed her sweetly and introduced her to Dobby, who was more than happy to show her Umbridge personal laundry.

Dobby was also pleased to give her a detailed schedule of when the teacher wanted her meals and laundry done.

After that Olivia snuck into McGonagall Office, which she was more scared of doing than having to face Voldemort again. But there was things she required and this was the only way to fulfill her plans.

Getting inside the office was easy enough, Olivia knew that teacher would be able to know if anything was out of place and that made her task harder, since she was searching for some transfiguration books in McGonagall personal collection.

Without touching anything Olivia searched through the rows of bookshelves. It was when she was scanning the desk that she noticed McGonagalls infamous witch hat sitting idly by.

The twins would freak to know that her hat just sits here.... I wonder...

Olivia picked up the hat and put it on her head messing around acting like the older woman, laughing to herself. She pulled out her camera and took a photo of herself wearing it.

When she went to return the hat she noticed that it was sitting on the books she was looking for. Olivia performed a quick duplication spell of the books and stored the copies she made into her jacket pockets. Finally, returning everything as she found it and slipped out of the office.

The week that was to come would begin the start of Hell for Umbridge, and Olivia would delight to be the one to cause it.

Finally, her last stop was her dads personal storage. Olivia had no problem retrieving the supplies she needed for the potions she planned to make. By the time she woke up the next morning, Olivia had a couple hours of sleep and woke up finding herself covered in soot and smelling of iron.

After a quick shower, she headed to breakfast. Yawning into her cup of tea, she sat at the lions table.

"What's got you so sleepy?" Asked Fred sitting next to her. George joined on her other side, putting a bowl of fruit in front of her.

He replaced the cup of tea with a fork in her hand. Olivia speared a piece of melon and popped it into her mouth. "I was up making preparations, which also require two pranking masterminds, as yourselves." She said.

"And what services would our dear Ollie require?" Asked George.

"Your assistance and a few wonderful inventions that I know you have in the works. Just meet me tonight outside your common room, say midnight?" She said. The twins answered her with mischievous smirks for their response.

That night, right on schedule the portrait of the Fat Lady opened up revealing the ginger in her uncles jacket, to the twins.

"Did you bring it?" She asked, Fred held up a sack in his hand. "Good, ready to cause come trouble boys?"

"Without a doubt," answered Fred.

"I'm always up for a taste of trouble," said George.

The twins snuck around the corridors while Olivia flew ahead to make sure the coast was clear. Once they was safely in the defense against the dark arts classroom, is when Olivia shifted back.

"So what did you want this stuff for?" Asked George sitting on Umbridge's desk.

"I need it for tomorrow, I'm going to place a piece on all the candles on the chandelier so when Umbridge comes in to her awaiting class and lights them it will... let's just say give me some time." She explained. Olivia took the sack and grabbed a handful. The twins done the same, and together they used their wands to levitate the pieces onto the candles.

"What do you need time for?" Asked Fred placing the last piece.

"Just be outside that door right before the first bell." Was all she told them.

The next morning Olivia was once again up before the sun, had a quick breakfast because she knew Snape would be upset if he heard she skipped a meal. Then she went to the broom cupboard that she had locked and hid a covered cage in.

Watching her watch, counting down the seconds, she waited, in the cupboard by the classroom until it was time.

Olivia cracked the door open and seen passing students, and a very too causal set of Weasley twins and Lee Jordan at the corner of the corridor.

She watched as the pink toad made her way into the room and heard that horrid voice greet the class. Then... BOOM! Olivia was on the move, hauling the cage to the door, she ripped over the sheet that was covering it. Opened up the cage and threw it into the classroom, slamming the door behind her, casting a lock charm.

Screams and yells sounded behind the wood door. But she didn't wait, and turned on her heels and raced towards the twins and Lee. "RUN!!! Go now!!" She shouted.

Olivia grabbed Fred's collar and pulled him along, George and Lee following close behind. They rounded the corner and made a beeline for the transfiguration classroom where they had class.

Busting into the room and hurried to their seats. Everyone was staring at them, as they struggled to caught their breath. McGonagall could be seen outside the room but she must have heard the shouts down the hall, and headed to it.

Olivia was panting slightly, next to George. Lee and Fred behind them. "What was in the cage?" George whispered to her.

"Um... Cornish Pixies" she breathed out, one corner of her mouth ticked up in a smirk. George looked at her wide eyed, trying to suppress his building laughter. Fred and Lee, had to cover their mouths to block out of the sound of their cackling.

"Can't say Lockhart was completely useless." Olivia joked. McGonagall came into the classroom followed behind a soot covered Umbridge that still had a pixie pulling on her pink bow on the top of her head.

Umbridge pointed her fat fingers at the twins and Olivia. "There they are, the clear culprits of the crime in my classroom." The toad yelled.

Olivia put on her best innocently offended face, and placed a hand on her chest.

"Now, Dolores you can't just accuse students without any evidence that they were the ones to pull that prank." Said McGonagall walking to the side of Olivia's desk, slightly angling her body to block Olivia from the other witch.

"I know it was them. It's always them. Come you three. We will go discuss your punishments." Umbridge said glaring at them.

"What makes you say it was them, if you are so sure?" Said McGonagall stepping closer to Umbridge. "As far as I'm aware they were here the whole time."

"Rubbish." Breathed Umbridge. McGonagall cocked an eyebrow at the witch, challenging her.

"Professor McGonagall, Olivia, Fred and George was in here when we heard the loud sound go off." Said Jo. Olivia looked at her forgotten friend.

Olivia could only hope that the gratitude she felt could be understood on her face looking at her fellow puff. Olivia had gotten so wrapped up in the Order and Charlie and everything else, she forgot about her other friend that she had besides the twins, guilt filled her for it too.

"There, Dolores. Clearly, you have been mistaken. Now if you don't mind I would like to begin my lesson, besides it seems to me that you have some pixies to use theoretical defense magic on." McGonagall stated, ushering Umbridge out the door, who's mouth was gaping open like a fish, when the door slammed into her face.

The class broke out into applause, cheering for their teacher. McGonagall faced the students, a hint of a smirk on her face, but she covered it up and waved them to stop. "Open your books and Lee pass out the animals. Olivia may I have a word at my desk." She said.

McGonagall walked to her desk and took her seat. Olivia followed her, swallowing down the nerves. McGonagall waved her to her side, Olivia stood next to her and leaned in.

"I won't cover again, and I'm not accusing but if someone was to continue that sort of behavior and I was to uncover it, there may be a chance there's a smudge on my glasses and I didn't see a thing. But let me make myself clear, said person is to not get caught, AND is to never touch my hat again. Are we to an understanding?" McGonagall said in a hushed voice so only Olivia could hear.

Olivia pressed her lips together to keep from smiling, and nodded her head.

"Good, you may be seated." The teacher said. Olivia sat back down next to George.

"What did she say?" He whispered.

"Basically that we should continue to prank Umbridge." She said quietly, but couldn't help to laugh at the astonished look that etched onto her best friend's face.

"You're lying!" Said George

"No, I'm just getting started." Olivia said smirking.

__________________________________
A/N: I'm so sorry for the short chapter, I usually put a lot more into a chapter but I wanted to get something out to you all so you wouldn't have to wait for so long.

I hope you enjoy it!

-Author

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

215 8 7
DISCONTINUED FOR NOW Evangeline Weasley is the sixth born of the Weasley children. After the war she is living with her boyfriend Nathan. Her family...
19K 550 44
y/n has been loved all her life, she has her father, her brother and even her neighbor's.. but what changed when she went to hogwarts? Well.. that's...
96.9K 2.3K 36
Y/n Wood, sister of Oliver Wood, is a popular Gryffindor student with many friends at Hogwarts. Her life is going well as her bond with George Weasl...
794 20 25
Y/N Darkwood lost her parents at a young age and rarely remembers them. She grew up in an orphanage in the Wizard World. The one thing she did know a...