Starting From The Sight & The...

By AO_Spring

Myle Arjera had a blurry past buried deep inside her memory. It was a mystery why she could not love the sigh... More

Copyright
Foreword
Prologue
Chapter 1: Mysterious Fellow
Chapter 2: Mind-reading
Chapter 3: Eyesight
Chapter 4: Secrets
Chapter 5: Reply
Chapter 6: Kyou Zeyern Part 1
Chapter 7: Kyou Zeyern Part 2
Chapter 8: Older Sister
Chapter 9: Trusted Friend
Chapter 10: Fierce Kid
Chapter 11: Deal
Chapter 12: The Arsonist
Chapter 13: Excuse
Chapter 14: Fate of a Zeyern
Chapter 15: Revelations
Chapter 16: Buried Feelings
Chapter 17: Laughter
Chapter 19: Got Caught
Chapter 20: Misunderstanding
Chapter 21: Trust
Chapter 22: Plan
Chapter 23: Leadership
Chapter 24: Complete Team
Chapter 25: Snow Blue and the Five Dwarves
Chapter 26: Myle Arjera
Chapter 27: Friend
Chapter 28: Memories
Chapter 29: Family
Chapter 30: Path
Chapter 31: Intuition
Chapter 32: Departure
Chapter 33: Abnormal Day
Chapter 34: Friends
Chapter 35: Dads
Chapter 36: Best Friends
Chapter 37: Finding Doc
Chapter 38: Solutions
Chapter 39: Mind Games
Chapter 40: The Master
Chapter 41: Worst Combination
Chapter 42: It's Too Late
Chapter 43: Bloom After Gloom
Epilogue
Afterword
~Ao's Christmas Gift~ (With Christmas Special Chapter)

Chapter 18: Teases

44 5 0
By AO_Spring

Myle's POV

"Kyou, Kyou! Let's check inside his room!"

"I thought you hate invasion of privacy?"

"Well..." I paused, thinking that he was right. Still.., "Ahahahah! Alright, I'm going in!"

As I went past him, he sighed. "I'll read your mind if you don't behave."

What am I? A kid?!

Well, I couldn't blame him since I wanted to confirm something in Lev's room. It was all because of what happened earlier...

Kyou gazed at the ceiling, then asked, "Lev Vande, the meeting place... Is it your home?"

"Nope... Not our home, but our restaurant." His answer made our jaws dropped.

I knew Vande Family was rich but not to the point of owning a restaurant. Honestly, there were times that I didn't take Lev's words seriously, so maybe he told me that before, but I just forgot.

"Myle, you seemed to be laughing more recently..," he said, breaking the silence.

"Er... Dad's influence? Ahahahah..."

"Oh..."

In the awkward atmosphere between me and Lev, Kyou interrupted, "Lies." He jumped out of his seat. "Or that's what I feel, Miss Arjera."

So that's his way of telling me that he didn't use his ability. He must have noticed that I only laugh things off.

"Lev Vande, let's go to that meeting place of yours."

As he requested, Lev would drive us there. Waiting by the gate, a van came out. It's kind of weird because as far as I know, vans were usually used in the kidnapping.

The door had opened with Lev holding the wheel. "Jump in."

"You feel cool, don't you?" I smirked because he was like those cool action stars when driving.

"Miss Arjera, stop teasing him."

"Hey, I might start to think that you have feelings for Lev!"

"That's disgusting, Myle!"

"Kyou's unrequited love for Lev... Kuhuhu..." I rubbed my eyes, pretending to cry, to tease them.

Lev bumped his head to the wheel while Kyou looked away and sighed. I now understood why Zeyerns were always teasing me. Their reactions were satisfying...

Wait. I'm turning into a sadist.

"KYOU!" Startled by my shout, he abruptly straightened his posture.

"Yes..?"

"Bad influence!"

"I . . . did nothing though?"

"You infected me with your teasing virus!"

"Oh . . . Ahahahah! I love your unique thoughts, Miss Arjera."

Lev suddenly raised his head while I just stared at the floor, getting embarrassed, because of his misleading statement!

"I want to read it now..." I held my breath, shocked by his words until he smiled. "The book, I mean."

Gosh, my heart almost stopped! I thought he would confess his secret to Lev. Good thing, he hasn't noticed anything yet.

"Ahem." Lev coughed, enough for him to get our attention. "Maybe you wanna ride now?"

"Oh, right... Let's go, Miss Arjera."

"I'll take the front seat!"

"Well, ahahahah... If you're happy with that."

I thought he was going to fight back but I was wrong. At this moment, I started to notice that Kyou was treating me carefully... or more like a kid.

Starting the van's engine, our seats began to shake. Putting our seatbelts on, we started to move as if Lev was racing with someone.

"Aren't you a little too fast..?" I asked.

"Hm? I don't think so?" He glanced at me for a second while pushing the vehicle's transmission. He accelerated.

This idiot, he's doing it on purpose!

And that's how we reached the Vande Family's restaurant.

A place consisting of wide space in each of four floors. The counter, placed in the center of the first floor, made it easy for people to order. A variety of chairs and tables helped to boost the elegance of the area.

As we scan the surroundings, Kyou asked, "Is this a restaurant... or a mansion?"

"Well, this is our real home. My sister and I also sleep here sometimes."

Good thing, I listened when he mentioned his sister before, or else I might die from continuous shock.

Anna Vande, grade 12. He described her as a cool big sister. Nothing more, nothing less, so I was curious about what kind of person she would be when I see her.

"Our meeting area is on the fourth floor, so let's take the elevator."

"A-Alright..."

Before entering the elevator, a maid ran to us, catching her breath. "Young master!!"

Kyou and I locked our squinted eyes on him, whispering, "Young master~"

"Shh!"

We giggled like children playing pranks on him. His maid, on the other hand, panted as she gave a letter to Lev.

When Kyou glanced at the envelope, he immediately looked away, so I asked, "What's wrong..?"

"No, it's just . . . I'm itching to ride the elevator."

"I see..."

Lies!

I figured that there was something fishy in that letter since I caught Lev's eyebrows frowning. Being the only one who had no idea, I realized now why Kyou had the habit of reading people's minds when worried.

Stealing some glances to him, he sighed. "Sorry... The truth was the envelope was the same as what my dad received before he disappeared."

"Then it's from the Rinsels?!"

"Probably," he answered, as I peeked left and right, trying to discern the sender's location.

Why did I do that? Because they lack creativity. Ms. Ayuri told me about their family's past, including the suspicious deliveryman. I presumed it's the same case as today.

I saw a man approaching the maid before she got here earlier. His outfit was for the typical motorcyclist- a leather jacket with a matching black facemask.

I would apologize if I was wrong, but at this point, we needed to watch out.

"Kyou Zeyern, Myle, let's go."

Lev just held onto the letter as we stepped into the elevator. His maid pressed the 4F button and I could somehow feel that we're being lifted.

Arriving on the fourth floor, he entered an unlocked room. When he came back, the letter was not in his hands anymore.

"Stay here, you two. I need to go somewhere."

"Yes, we will!" I responded that made Kyou stare at me, full of doubts.

As he walked away, I spoke up, "Kyou, Kyou! Let's check inside his room!"

"I thought you hate invasion of privacy?"

"Well . . . Ahahahah! Alright, I'm going in!"

As I went past him, he sighed, grabbing my shoulder. "I'll read your mind if you don't behave."

"Hey, why are you stopping me?"

"You'll call me bad influence again, Miss Arjera."

"Just a peek at the letter won't hurt. Plus, it's for Lev's safety so there's nothing wrong with that." I nodded confidently.

"You're not allowed to enter a man's room. Stay here, I'll get it for you."

"You sounds like my dad."

Glancing for a second, he held the doorknob while saying, "Being a dad is not that bad if you're the mom."

This might be an assumption, but he's not smiling. Maybe he was just busy turning the doorknob? His words were always misleading, so I figured it was just the same joke.

Nevertheless, I answered with a soft smile, "I guess it's not a bad idea..."

It was meant to be a teasing smile, but it couldn't be helped. Even if I reject my feelings and treat them as a distraction, my expressions were too honest.

"Miss Arjera..."

Gazing at each other, Kyou suddenly flicked my forehead. This acting-dad of mine, what a way to ruin the mood.

"You're killing me..," he murmured, slowly sitting on the floor as he covered his face.

"W-Whatever did I do?!"

"I'm absolutely a bad influence..."

Going back to our main purpose, he wouldn't even tell me his problem so I just entered Lev's room then snatched- I mean, borrowed the letter.

When I came back, Kyou was still like a frog sitting on the floor, so I offered my hand. "Hey.., stand up."

He didn't budge an inch. To get his attention, I repeated his words before, "I'll read your mind if you don't."

"... You're scary, Miss Arjera." He smiled, the usual irritating one.

"Welcome back, it's time to check the letter."

"Oh, right." He stood up, removing the dust off his pants. "I got distracted for a second."

How in the world? I was the one who's distracted here...

Anyway, Lev already opened the envelope so peeking became a child's play for us. However, our eyes widened as we unfolded the paper.

"So that's how it is..," I whispered, folding the letter back.

I should've expected that they enjoy mind games. I would swallow my words for saying they lack creativity. The letter was for Lev but the message was for Kyou.

I figured it all out, just by looking at that blank sheet of paper.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.6K 1.6K 16
Since they were young, both Mew and Gulf were seeing unbelievable things that only last for a few minutes, they told the adults but no one gave them...
1.7K 391 30
-Nightmare Awards First Place winner "Have you only ever seen her in your dreams?" He says picking at a piece of grass. I wait a few moments to respo...
33.3K 3K 74
The parallel lives of two princesses living a millennium apart are bound together in the most unlikely of ways. Princess Aebbé of Ardam, haunted by...
746 83 19
COMPLETED ✨ Cover made by me : ) Blessing In Disguise ~Eyes that make you forget all about yourself. Excerpt: "Please listen to me doctor Harris! I...