Thick and Thin [l. hemmings]

By 5sosidk

'thought you'd be there through thick and thin' _____________ "I don't want to lose you, Kelsey." "You alread... More

Thick and Thin
playlist & cast
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
thirty-three
thirty-four
thirty-five
thirty-six
thirty-seven
thirty-eight
thirty-nine
forty
forty-one
forty-two
forty-three
forty-four
forty-five
forty-six
forty-seven
forty-eight
forty-nine
fifty
fifty-one
fifty-two
fifty-three
fifty-four
fifty-five
fifty-six
fifty-seven
fifty-eight
fifty-nine
sixty
sixty-one
sixty-two
sixty-three
sixty-four
sixty-five
sixty-six
sixty-seven
sixty-eight
sixty-nine
seventy
seventy-one
seventy-two
seventy-three
seventy-four
seventy-five
seventy-six
seventy-seven
seventy-eight
seventy-nine
eighty
eighty-one
eighty-two
eighty-three
eighty-four
epilogue
authors note

eighty-five

202 6 8
By 5sosidk

"Ashton?" I speak, the second he picks up the phone.

"Yes?"

"You're home, right? Is anybody there?"

"I'm home. Kyle's out shopping and Nina is out with Alina and Sydney. What's up?"

"I'm on my way over, I need to talk to you." I tell him, nervously biting down on my bottom lip.

"Okay, no problem..."

"See you soon!" I cheer, before we end our call.

I look over at Luke as he continues the drive, and he's smiling from listening to my phone call.

"I bet he's going to cry." Luke laughs, quickly glancing over at me.

"Yeah, but so will I." I giggle, watching as we pull up at the house.

"Okay, I'm gonna go in on my own, give us a few minutes then feel free to come inside." I tell him, quickly leaning over to press my lips to his.

"Alright. I love you."

I smile, "I love you too."

I head into the house, quickly rushing around to find Ashton. I run into kitchen first to check for him, before going back into the living room, confirming he's not there. Quickly stomping up the stairs, I rush to his room knowing that's where he'd be.

Ashton's bedroom door swings open, revealing him standing in the doorway. "What the fuck are you doing? I hear you running all over the place and-"

He doesn't finish his thought because I throw myself at him, wrapping my arms around his waist as I squeal.

"Kels? What the fuck is wrong with you?" He laughs, trying to hug me back but I'm too busy swaying back and forth in excitement.

"I had to come tell you first." I tell him, pulling out of our hug.

"Huh?"

I let out a scream, which makes him flinch as I hold my hand out. Ashton looks down, to see the large diamond sitting on my finger.

"Oh my god?"

"I'm engaged!" I basically yell, my smile growing as I see excitement take over Ashton's face.

"No fucking way!" He exclaims, grabbing my hand and bringing it closer to his face to inspect the ring.

"I know it took you a little longer to warm up to Luke and I, but I know you'd be so happy for me. But, yeah, this sort of happened last night."

"Oh my god! Of course! I can't believe it! Congrats!" He cheers, quickly pulling me back into a hug.

I sniffle, "I've never been so happy, Ashton. I'm so fucking happy."

"Why are you crying?" He asks, pulling out of our hug and cupping my face with a concerned look.

"It's happy tears. I'm just so happy." I tell him.

"Look what you're doing to me." He sniffles, pointing at his own watery eyes.

"Ashton!" I cry, smiling through my tears.

He grabs my hand, pulling me to sit next to him on his bed. He grabs my hand again, to look at the ring.

"I want to show you-" I start, pulling my hand away and flipping it over, and point of the two small diamonds on the band. "Luke had diamonds from my old ring added to this one."

"Shut the fuck up!" He exclaims, his jaw dropping.

"I'm so lucky, Ash. I really am."

"He really grew up and has proved himself. I'm so fucking happy that you're happy with him, Kels. You've both grown so much. It's so wild you're here, at the point in your life where you're ready to do this. I can't believe you're getting married again." Ashton says, choking out the last sentence.

"I wouldn't be here without you." I whisper, for if I speak any louder I know I'll start sobbing.

"Stop it! Why the fuck am I crying so much?" He exclaims, using the back of his hand to wipe his eyes.

"My heart is fucking racing. I was so nervous to tell you but also so excited. I can't believe this is my life."

Ashton takes a deep breath as he blinks away the tears. "I really can't believe how far you've come, Kelsey. Seriously, I know I'm like your personal hype man, but you fucking deserve it. I saw you at your lowest, you deserve this happiness you have right now. You deserve to have it for the rest of your life."

"Stop trying to make me cry! Fuck you!" I exclaim, quickly hugging him again. "I love you."

"I love you too, Kels."

We both hold each other tightly, both of us sniffling as we try to hold it together.

"Am I allowed to come in now?" Luke calls, the front door closing loudly.

Both of us are too busy trying to not cry to even answer, but we can hear him coming up the stairs. Even though Ashton and I are holding onto each other as if our lives depended on it, I can still see the doorway when Luke walks by, quickly stopping in his tracks when he sees us.

"I take it she told you?" Luke laughs, leaning up against the doorframe.

Ashton pulls away, hastily wiping his eyes as he nods. "She did. Congrats, man."

"He's trying to make me cry." I pout at Luke.

Luke laughs, shaking his head at me. "Did she tell you how it happened?"

"Was it cute as fuck?" Ashton chuckles.

Luke almost giggles, thinking about what happened. "We were literally just in bed, after Kelsey randomly suggested we should get married."

"What the fuck?" Ashton laughs, looking over at me.

I shrug, "I mean, we sort of were talking about getting married, and it just kinda came up. I said we should get married and then we got engaged."

"So? Who knows?" He asks.

"Only you and Calum so far. I have to call Kiana, and tell Kyle and Nina once they get home. Luke and I were going to call his family tonight." I smile up at Luke as I speak.

"I'm so excited for you guys, oh my god."

"Do we know when Kyle and Nina will be home?"

"Kyle should be any minute, I'm not sure about Nina, but hopefully not much longer. We have plans in a little bit." Ashton chuckles.

As if they knew we were waiting, we hear the front door swing open.

"Ashton! Your girlfriend is drunk and sitting on the front steps!" The three off us quickly head downstairs, just in time to see Kyle leading Nina into the house.

"Don't call me his girlfriend, he never asked me yet." Nina tells Kyle. "Anyway, I got drunk at brunch!"

"Okay, let's not discuss this now. Kelsey has something she wants to tell you guys."

"If you say you're moving out I'll kill you." Nina states, as walks over to Ashton, leaning up against him.

"Uh, not yet, but honestly, maybe soon-ish?"

"Huh?"

"Luke and I got engaged last night."

Nina let's out a high pitched scream before running over to me and crushing me in a hug.

I laugh, hugging her back as she continues squealing.

"Oh my god, congratulations!" She yells as she pulls away from me.

I giggle at Nina, who is definitely drunk, "Thanks, Nina."

"Let me see!" She exclaims, grabbing my hand.

"Luke, you're so fucking rich, Jesus Christ." Nina says, staring at the ring.

"Nina!" Ashton exclaims, giggling at her.

"Hey, so, can I congratulate her now, or..."

"Come here, Kyle!" I exclaim, going to hug him.

"I'm so happy for you, Kelsey." He whispers, rubbing my back comfortingly.

I pull out of our hug, tears pooling in my eyes, "Thank you so much, Kyle. You're the reason I went back to Seattle early, you're the reason I spent more time there. I got to spend time with Luke that helped us reconnect, and I'll always love you for that."

"Of course, Kelsey." Kyle nods.

Nina rolls her eyes, "Oh, look. Rich boy wins again."

"Jesus, Nina! Stop!" Ashton laughs, pulling her up against him as he puts a hand over her mouth.

Luke couldn't help but laugh at my interactions with my friends, as he stands behind me, wrapping his arms around my waist and pulling me up against him.

Nina breaks free from Ashton's grasp, and quickly kisses his cheek. "I'm just a little drunk. I'm very happy for Kelsey!"

"I'm very thankful that you're all so fucking supportive. I don't think I'd even be alive if it weren't for you guys. I'm so fucking happy that we're all still here together. Thank you for always being here for me."

"I'm fucking crying!" Nina chokes out, her eyes pooling with tears.

"I seriously appreciate all of you for supporting us. It really means the world to me that Kelsey has you." Luke tells them, as he tightens his grip on me.

"Please stop, I'm going to cry again." Ashton chuckles, trying his best to stop his eyes from watering.

"Luke and I have come very full circle. It's been a wild ride to get here, but I've never been happier." I smile, looking up at him. "I love you, Luke."

"I love you too, Kelsey."

_______________________

OKAY SO HI the epilogue is coming soon!!!!! still working on it a bit HOWEVER I wanted to let y'all know now that it is LONG so be prepared for that my apologies if its too much there's just so much I have to put in

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.3M 21.3K 20
5sos preferences. caution: may cause major feels
25.6K 268 34
Story cover by @ewjimin on twitter.
65.9K 3.8K 17
beware all who enter; you won't leave alive