Resilience

By iiswatiii

[COMPLETED] "Life doesn't get easier or more forgiving, we get stronger and more resilient." ― Steve Maraboli... More

• Synopsis •
Characters
01| Endless Pain and Untamed Thoughts
02| This is why I don't socialise
03| All Alone with Bunch of Lies
04| A Big Reveal
05| Kneel Down to Talk to Me
06| You've Got yourself a Deal
07| I'm your New House Mate
08| A visit from my monsters
09| I'm a Mafia Princess...That's Hilarious
10| Good thing I didn't ask for your opinion
11| I'm an 80-year-old Shopholic
12| Was that supposed to scare me?
✌🏻✌🏻
13| Who Hurt Her?
14| I Found Her
15| Shut Up...Just Shut Up
16| I Think I Need Help
17| I'm a Terrible Father
18| She ran away...Again?
19| I am your Brother
20| I'm the Lord, I'm the Devil
21| Pieces From the Past
A/N- Please Read
22| Don't let go of my Hand
23| Did he call me an Insect?
24| Enchanting Grey Eyes
25| Faster Faster Faster
26| Condoms cost about a dollar or two
27| First Impressions
Extended Family
28| Periods, Pains, and Ice-creams
29| I'm not your Business Partner
30| I will call the Police
31| Fuck my Fates
32| It Hurts my Heart
33| The one who Broke her
34| The Memories of 'Him'
35| A Gun-shot
36| Poison?
37| A Match of Life 'n' Death
38| Fist-Fight
39| Brothers?
40| Wrongfully accused
41| Hurt and Panics
42| Who Hurt Him?
43| Sniper?
44| Brothers on Sale
45| Pillow fight and bad news
46| Someone poisoned my grandpa?
47| No grandpa can't die
48| Don't touch me
49| The Mafia-Princess
50| Before Kidnapping
51| I have a Plan
52| Chaos
53| Why are they mad?
54| Trust?
55| Born in Mafia
56| Kyson
57| Just our thing
Friends
58| Rhett Hayes
59| Aaron Marino
60| I like you
61| Kiss and trouble
62| Beaten and Bruised
63| Bryn
64| I'd call him Daddy
65| Betrayal and His truth
66| Chocolate Cupcake
67| It's a Universal Thing
68| Snapchat
69| The Vampire Diaries
70| Italy
71| The Trials
72| I made out with Rhett
73| I had Sex
74| Attack
76| I pity you
77| A pen-drive
78| We failed them
79| The End?
R E V E N A N T
A/N ✏️
NEW PROJECTS

75| She was supposed to be dead

25.3K 940 287
By iiswatiii

ARABELLA'S POV

"Momma— the girls in the school were being mean to me again. They called me ugly and said they didn't want to talk to me, they even shoved me to the ground." My five-year-old self complained to my mother with eyes full of tears, while showing her the scratches on my arm, hoping that for once she'd reassure me and show me some love.

"Get lost, I don't have time for your nonsense—" Mom grumbled irritatedly, not even turning her head to look at me, as she continued to watch whatever she was watching on the TV.

But I wanted affection, I was craving for attention and the only one I wanted was from my mother.

So I did what my five year old self thought was fine and came to stand in front of her, bringing my small arms to hug her big frame, as my tears began to flow endlessly, still hurt and upset from the words of those mean girls.

My head rested on my mother's stomach, my heart yearning for the warmth and comfort I'd been denied since I could remember.

And instead of feeling a pair of arms wrap around myself like I'd expected, I was pushed away by my mother, her face scrunched up in disgust and distaste, but my heart refused to believe it.

The childishness in my heart was still longing for my mother's love and care.

I just wanted her to regard me, acknowledge me but the disgust on her face was quickly turning into anger and the tears in my eyes continued to flow.

My feelings had been hurt by the incident at school, and all I could think about and want was for my mother to console me.

Who else was I supposed to go to and cry my heart out—

The first person every child calls out for, whenever they are in pain or even in a slight discomfort, is their mother, and I was no different.

A sudden yelp left my mouth as I felt the pain of my cheeks being tightly squeezed together, mixed with the burn caused by my mother's long nails piercing my skin.

"Please mommy, stop— it hurts." I cried out and tried to pull her hand away with my very own small ones, which of course didn't do anything.

"Listen to me, my sweet little girl, everything they said was true. So don't come home crying about things that are true, okay darling?" Mom said using her sweet baby voice and every word broke my heart even more.

Is it true? Am I really ugly?

Is that why my mother doesn't like me?

Why would my mother tell me that if I wasn't?

Mother's don't lie, right—

"Do you understand, dear?" Mom asked again as she harshly patted my cheeks, causing me to flinch from the pain, but I nodded my head in response.

"So say it out loud, I want to hear it from you. Tell me you are ugly." My mother said in a soft sweet voice but the look on her face was something I only understood later: mock.

She was mocking me, but I didn't realise it at the time. Instead, I complied, relieved that she was speaking to me so nicely for once, but my heart was still hurting.

"I am ugly, momma." I declared softly, looking down as embarrassment clouded me and hurt filled my heart once again.

The next thing I heard was a loud laughter and my mother pushed me to the side harshly and returned to watching TV, while still laughing at me.

💋 R   E   S   I   L   I   E   N   C   E 💋

Those words alone were enough to sow a seed of insecurity, which grew stronger with each passing time, building a strong foundation in my heart that I've been wanting and trying to break for years.

And it didn't limit itself to just my appearance, but it grew too extreme, questioning and ridiculing every bit of my existence.

You know how there's some things you never forget, some memories that are permanently etched to your mind.

And no matter how good or bad, they are not forgotten, even though however much you want them to.

I have got a lot of those memories as well, but this one memory of my mother in particular never seems to fade away from my mind.

And each time, the pain and embarrassment that follows is just as extreme as the last.

This is not the only memory that came flooding back to me. I felt a sudden charge of memories, which were similar to these but much worse as my brain released the set of episodic memories that I couldn't even try to hold back anymore.

My eyes didn't once look away from the person in front of me. I couldn't even move my frozen body, which seemed to be stuck in its place.

My brain stopped comprehending, and my eyes couldn't focus on anything but the figure in front of me.

After Jesse kidnapped Lucca and I, he showed us a video on his iPad which succeeded in evacuating every bit of reluctance and struggle from our bodies, which we both had against the kidnapping.

Lucca and I couldn't take our eyes away from the sight of our unconscious friends along with Aaron and Daniel, who were all tied to the metal shackles that have been chained to the ceiling causing their body to float forward while their cuffed hands restrained them from falling.

The feeling of dread and fright coursed through my veins as the sense of terror caused me to shiver from the set of goosebumps that sprang up, making me even more terrified of everything that happened.

The next thing I knew, the car came to a halt as Lucca and I were dragged out of it and into another, but this time our vision was blocked by a black bag placed over our faces.

My panic started to rise as my hands searched for Lucca's while my voice called out his name in fear, while his reaction was the same.

And once we were able to locate each other, we didn't wait for time to cling onto one another and that's how we spent the whole ride.

Jesse made us switch a few more cars, but we still couldn't see anything. The bags on our heads were finally taken off when we reached the airport.

Jesse warned us not to do anything as he led us towards the private section of the airport after the legal formalities.

Lucca and I didn't even try to run or make an attempt to fight our situation, knowing well that it could have very disastrous results for our friends.

The three of us along with a couple of guards boarded the private jet, which took off immediately after they locked Lucca and I in a small compartment at the back of the plane.

They left us alone but not before chaining one of our hands to the metal handles in the room, probably to prevent us from doing anything at all.

The next few hours were filled with anxiousness as I silently cried while Lucca just stared off into the distance.

Our free hands were grasped into each other's secure hold, neither of willing to leave, scared of what might the consequence of it be.

We only had each other right now, and I was willing and determined to cling onto him for as long as I could with whatever I had.

None of us uttered a word as the entire situation of our kidnapping and that of our friends robbed us both from speaking.

I was also becoming increasingly aware of the dark clouds of terror looming over our heads.

My thoughts were a jumbled mess, I couldn't stop thinking about my family, wondering about what and how they were going through, and hoping that they'd find us sooner.

My heart ached at the thought of not being able to celebrate my brothers' achievements, and now I wasn't even sure if or when I'd see any of them again.

But how would they track us down when we ourselves had no idea where we were going.

Once the plane landed, the guards opened our door and quickly slid the bag over our heads before dragging us out and into yet another car.

But this time I didn't have Lucca in the car with me. I screamed and called his name, frantically moving my free hand in search of him but coming up empty-handed.

The entire ride was far scarier than before. The car was filled with my sobs and loud cries for Lucca.

This moment was when I felt my world shattering, for the first time understanding the gravity of the situation, realising that I was all alone and had no idea of where and how Lucca was.

Endless prayers were leaving my mouth in desperation, as I hoped for him to be fine.

I just wanted him to be by my side again, dreading every moment of being alone.

And when the car came to a stop, I was harshly yanked out again, to be greeted by the panic-stricken voice of Lucca calling out for me, and a small wave of relief washed over me, registering that he was still here with me.

The bags were removed from our heads as my cloudy vision searched for Lucca, and when I saw him, I made a run for him, only to be pulled back by two pairs of strong hands.

The guards who had me restrained dragged me towards the entrance of a warehouse, which I only fathomed when my feet forcefully got dragged towards it.

I turned around to look at Lucca, who was being dragged in the same way I was. Fear gripped my eyes as I took in the sheer number of guards stationed around the entire area, both inside and out.

We were taken into a very dimly lit room, where my friends were held captive.

Just as my eyes came in contact with their tired ones, sobs left my mouth as I cried out for them.

They were all conscious, and as they heard my voice their eyes immediately widened and almost instantly the whole room filled with the loud cries and shouts of distress from all of us.

Lucca and I struggled in the arms of our guards as we wrestled to get out of their grips so as to run and help our friends out of their chains.

All my friends all had panicked and frightened expressions on their faces. The girls were terrified as the loud yells for help left their mouths.

Elena and Emilia looked unharmed but Charlotte had dried up blood on the side of her lips and the entire area looked swollen.

The guys didn't look too good either.

Nathan, Marco, Daniel, and even Aaron were covered in blood and bruises.

They all looked feared and panicked as they struggled trying to get themselves free from the clasps of shackles around their wrists. Their frantic movements caused the metal chains to clank loudly.

All of my friends looked puzzled to see Lucca and I, which made me dread the conversation in which we might have to tell them the whole truth, including that of the Mafia.

The guards shoved Lucca and me further into the room, causing us fall down on the floor earning shouts of protest from my friends.

But before either of us could get back up, they walked away and shut the door behind them.

Lucca and I were about to run towards our friends but our moments halted when the room lit up with a bright light that was only falling on one specific spot, directly on a hunched figure, chained and tied on the chair.

I couldn't see the face of the person until she raised her head to look our way.

The moment my eyes took in her bruised and battered face, my breath got stuck and my eyes widened in complete shock and fear, my staring became more heavy as my eyelids dared not to blink.

My mouth slowly dropped open as I became more aware of my own erratic heartbeat.

I was at a loss for words and my feet unconsciously staggered backwards.

I heard a gasp beside me and almost immediately Lucca pushed me behind him, but my eyes couldn't look away.

Seeing her again triggered those memories that I am still trying to bury deep down. The shock had swallowed me completely as I stood rooted to my spot.

My vision of her was now blocked as I focused on Lucca's rigid and tense back, which appeared to be frozen as well.

"Guys what's going ? Who is she?" I heard Aaron's voice, but I still couldn't think of anything else but those awful memories.

Lucca shook me now that he was facing me. His hands were on my arms as he looked at me with concern, but the shock on his face was clearly obvious.

"Arabella, look at me. I'm here, focus on me and I need you to snap out of your thoughts. Don't let them control you—" I heard Lucca's voice more clearly, as my brain finally started to comprehend my surroundings.

Lucca was still patting my cheeks trying to get me out of my daze. I managed to nod my head at him while still struggling to labour my heavy breathing.

Anxiety was coursing through my veins as I fought to comprehend what I had just witnessed.

She was supposed to be dead

"Arabella—"

I heard a very familiar voice, a voice that I never expected to hear again, a voice that had haunted my dreams, a voice that I could never forget.

But her usual shrill and angry voice, however, sounded tired and full of pain.

And the moment she said my name, a loud choke of breath left my mouth and I automatically stepped to the side to look back at her.

She was already looking directly at me, her usual glare wasn't there anymore, but instead her eyes looked exhausted.

My trembling hand reached up to my neck and rubbed it due to the stiffness that I felt in my throat, eventually resting it over my chest trying to ease the tightness that surrounded it.

I couldn't help but move closer to Lucca, holding on to him to keep myself steady and from falling as my feet almost gave up on standing.

And the next thing that came out of my mouth caused everyone else to gasp in shock.

"Mom—"

✏️ Word Count: 2445

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.7K 625 22
Aurora Rose Romano a 16 year old girl kidnapped from her own mother at the young age of 5. Since then she only knows pain, pain that she receives fro...
5.8M 156K 85
"No, I'm an only child.What do you mean by I have brothers? " Follow Anastasia Rosaline Blade through her journey. Overcoming abuse, PTSD, depression...
59.3K 1.3K 18
🩷Alessia Aurora Marino🩷 The Marino's are the second strongest/largest mafia to ever come around. Their name is world known that installs deep amoun...
Amara By -Piranesi-

Teen Fiction

45.6K 1.1K 29
"What's she called?" He asks. "Amara... Amara Contessa Andolini" I tell them. "An Italian name, for la mia principessa mafiosa.". ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~...