My Insanity | Dream SMP x Rea...

By -chocolate-cupcake-

"The saddest thing about betrayal is that it never comes from your enemies." FEMALE READER đź”´there is no inti... More

Running
Welcome to the War
White Flags
Face to Face....Sorta
Rebirth
Secrets and Revelations
Kidnapped
Bad Energy
The Verge of Collapse
Duel of the Fates
The Execution
Wither
Before Its Too Late
He Knows
Back to the Overworld
The Election
Reunited Again
Decisions
The Wrong Decision
In Another Life
Edging Towards Insanity
The End of L'Manberg
Escape
New Beginnings
A Visit to Exile
Cursed
Mutual Enemies
The Egg
What if
The Beginning of Chaos
Things Are Getting Out of Hand
The Return
Crimson
A New Beginning
The Truth of Betrayal
Tommy's Manipulation
Technoblade's Execution
Roommates?
Welcome Home, Theseus
Targeted
When We Could Be Kids
See Through You
Just a Bedtime Story
History Repeating
As You Wish
Close Call
Ultimate Betrayal
Forever Different
Revived
Down With L'Manberg
Smoke and Fire
Something Isn't Right
Long Live the Eggpire
One More Day
It All Makes Sense
Unknown Motives
Ancient Revenge
Race Against Time
Plan B
Uninvited
Out of Luck
End of the Line
Gone
Lost and Found
Dawn of the Disk War
Final Battle
The End of One Story...
Casino
Almost Alive
Can't Be Trusted
It Was You
No Way Out
Prison Break
Welcome Back to Exile
The Edge of the World
Ghost Stories
Never Safe
Back on Track
Creator of Chaos
Eternity
Stay
Missing in Action
What Comes Next
His Own Creation
Someone
To the Edge
Family Reunion
Warden
Fractured
Visit to Exile Island
The End of Tyranny
One Last Time
Beginning of the End
Not Quite Human
Who's the Real God Here?

They're Back

3K 145 75
By -chocolate-cupcake-

"Come on." A voice whispered. "Time to get up."

I responded with a groan that was muffled from the pillow my face was laying in. It couldn't be any later than 7 in the morning. I reached back, and grabbed the bed comforter, and yanked it over my head.

I heard Dream laugh softly.

"You know the drill." He said. "I would have thought you'd be used to this by now."

"How can anyone get used to waking up this early?" I responded from my facedown position.

"Would you rather just lay here and do nothing productive all day?" Dream asked.

"Um...yea. Yea I would." I said, turning over to the side where he was sitting on bed. I looked over at the nightstand and saw a small white curved object sitting there. I squinted to look at its conclaves shape. It appeared to be circular, and it had some sort of black design on it-

It was Dream's mask.

"Shit." I said in a surprised manor. I turned back and shoved my face into the pillow.

Dream just laughed.

"What?" He said. "We've known each other for...how long? And yet you're scared to see my face?"

"If I do recall, more or less of that time was you trying to use me for...well I'm not sure. But we weren't exactly friends." I said. "And I'm not sure I want to associate a face to the voices that used to torment me."

"Maybe..." Dream said thoughtfully. "But that's not why you panicked and nosedived into your pillow right then, though, is it?"

I turned over to my other side, facing away from Dream. I contemplated his statement for a minute. Why was I hesitant to see his face? Because almost no one else had? Or because of what I said earlier? Was I really afraid that seeing Dream's face would somehow re-enact the voices in my head that had been quiet for months?

No. That's ridiculous. That's not how that works at all?

Right?

Well I'm not sure. It's not really something I can just research. Because besides my brother, no one else I knew of ever had voices in their head. To any one else, it just sounds like what it is: crazy.

"I don't know." I said finally. "I guess it's just kind of your trademark or something. You've made so much history, not just intertwined with me, that it feels weird, almost wrong, to associate a face with it, you know?"

"That is the stupidest thing I've ever heard." Dream responded. "It's not that deep."

I didn't respond.

Dream sighed.

"But I'd you don't want to see my face, that's your choice I guess." He said. "And I'll respect your decision, weird as it is."

I thought about it for another moment before deciding.

"Can you just, put it on this time? The mask?" I said. "Maybe I'll know eventually, but not today."

"Whatever makes you comfortable." Dream said.

I heard the small sound of the mask being removed from the nightstand. After a few seconds, Dream spoke again.

"Okay, it's all clear." He said. I turned around in bed to see the familiar green hoodie and smiley face mask. "Now get up. You need to eat, and then go train. Your leg won't heal by laying in bed all day."

There was so many flaws in what he just said, but I didn't feel like arguing, so I sat up in bed, pushing my hair out of my face. Dream stood up, and walked to the doorway of the bedroom of the temporary house we were staying at. Well, at least until Dream handled...buisness with Tommy.

"I'm going 'you know where'" Dream said. "If you need me, yell for me, but-"

"But don't enter your office while you're working, I know." I responded. "You've said the same thing every day since we've been here."

Dream nodded and exited the room. After several moment of sitting up and letting my body get up, I stood up.

I stumbled for a moment. A quick sensation of dizziness hit me. The room seemed to warp for a few seconds, before everything was back to normal.

"What the heck was that?" I asked myself.

Strange.

It wasn't an after effect of loosing a life. I revived from that many days ago. I felt fine, and I feel fine now.

Must have been my imagination.

I grabbed onto the wooden walking stick that Dream had carved with a knife. I used it to support my fractured bones and make my way into the main room of the house, and out the door.

The house was two stories tall, and constructed of a dark oak log. It sat near the edge of the ocean. In the other direction was a large pine forest. The trees were lightly covered with snow. The cold temperature combined with the fact I was still wearing a t-shirt and shorts made me shiver.

Besides the cold, it was relatively nice outside. Birds were chirping and small white bunnies jumped through the frosted grass of the forest.

I sat down on the concrete patio with my feet hanging over the steps that lead out into the rest of nature. I stared ahead for several moments, admiring the scenery.

Darkness.

I was surrounded by nothing but it. It was as if I fell into a galaxy without stars. I was floating in an endless wasteland.

That or I was falling.

No.

I am falling.

Now that I think about it, I'm falling, and I'm falling fast. And with nothing but black around me, I could hit the ground at any instant.

Suddenly, I hit a hard rocky surface. I looked up. The area around me was just barely visible, illuminated by a dark red glow.

I stood up and began walking forward, looking for a way over of wherever I was. I stumbled on something on the ground, causing me to lose my balance. I turned back to see what had tripped me. I bent down and felt around until I felt something lifted off of the ground. It was strong, but also had a soft feel to it. I grabbed it and brought it upward into what little light there was.

It was some sort of vine. Small thorns covered it in miscellaneous places. I wanted to say it was red, but everything looked red in this place.

A vine.

A vine like this was something I had only seen before in one place.

Oh no.

I need to get out of here and fast.

I turned back to run the other way, but instantly smacked into a large surface, sending me sprawled onto the ground.

I looked up to see the room now lit in a much more vibrant red. And now it was clear what had stopped me from running away.

The egg.

It illuminated in a sinister, yet mesmerizing way.

A strange voice spoke, and I could only presume it was the egg itself, seeing no one else seemed to be around.

The voice didn't make a sound out loud, however.

Instead it echoed around in my head. It was incoherent and in another language of sorts.

But it didn't matter that I couldn't understand it.

Because they can. And that's what it wants.

I leaned up and gasped. I was still on the patio, but I could have sworn that a few seconds ago I was sitting upright. I was breathing heavily and uncontrollably, as if I had just ran a marathon.

What the hell happened? One second I was sitting upwards, the next I'm in a totally new position and gasping for air.

But what happened in between?

"You doing alright out here?" Dreams voice came from behind me. I jumped in response to the unexpected sound, and turned around. "I'm done with my work today. I was just going in to grab some food. Sorry for scaring you."

"No, no, it's fine." I said, still struggling to control my breath.

"Are you sure you're okay then?" Dream asked one final time.

I couldn't recall what happened but it definitely wouldn't be classified under the 'okay' spectrum. But what was I supposed to say? What was the right response?

"Yea, I'm fine." I said.

Dream nodded and walked inside, shutting the door behind him. That's when I heard the sound I hoped I could have forgetten forever.

Them.

And they only said one word.

Liar.

A/N

Oooh. Eggpire things and voices and more. I hope you all enjoyed this chapter. Feel free to leave any suggestions for the story's progression.

Byeee

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

252K 2.6K 62
| Requests are closed! 🔹️ Finished Incl.: -💛Dreamnap -💜Dnf -🖤The DreamSMP -🤍Dreamnapfound -💚Dreamxreader -🧡Sapnapxreader -💙Georgexreader -❤Ka...
25.6K 1K 17
Dream SMP x TEEN!Reader GENDER NEUTRAL There will be no romance with the reader in this book; the reader is still a minor There will be implied side...
56.3K 1.5K 20
Book 1 of this series -------------- Despite the war for independence I lived my life relatively peacefully. I disliked conflict so I moved away when...
58.1K 1.9K 74
A Dream SMP Story || DREAM X OC •••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• IF DREAM OR ANYONE IN THE STORY IS UNCOMFORTABLE WITH THIS I WILL TAKE IT DOWN IMMEDIA...