Audacious//JJ Maybank (Outerb...

Od Nikkiwritees

¥showing a willingness to take surprisingly bold risks¥ In which Jackie Routledge and her group of friends fr... Více

Introduction
Chapter 1 (season 1)
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39 (season 2)
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71 (Bonus)
Chapter 72 (Bonus part 2)
Announcement
Chapter 73 (season 3)
Chapter 74

Chapter 6

1.5K 22 1
Od Nikkiwritees

{The Compass}

After John B came back onto the boat with the black duffle bag, we decided to drive back to the Chateau and open it there. Hopping off the boat, we all crowd around John B on our dock. 'What do you guys think it is?' Kie asks leaning against the beam as I kneel beside my brother. 'Gotta be money, right?' John b suggests unzipping the bag and I shrug. 'That or a couple of keys with street value to the low to mid mills!' JJ guesses as John B and him laugh. 'Can we please just open the bag?' Pope asks loudly and we all look at him.

'Wow, Pope. That's a rare outburst of emotion.' John B replies and I nod in agreement. 'Okay, you guys are killing me with anticipation.' He explains. 'Open the bag now.' Pope urges and John B puts his hands up in defence. 'Alright, alright!' John B says before he starts to unzip the bag. He pulls out a smaller black bag, which reveals a metal container. John B struggles to unscrew the lid but after a moment he unscrews it, he pours its contents into his hand.

It felt like my whole world just stopped and my jaw dropped wide open in shock as I could feel my tears fighting to reach the surface. I look at my brother and he holds the same expression as me as our friends groan with disappointment when we all look at the antique compass on my brother's hand.

This was my father's compass, he always had it with him wherever he was and always told us stories about the history of the compass. Tears start to fall from my eyes and the group notices our change of mood. 'What? It's not worth anything.' JJ asks looking at me and I shake my head. 'T-This was our father's.' John B informs the group as I gently take the compass from him and memories start resurfacing in my mind of all the fun and memorable times we had with our father. He always said that he'd give me the compass on my 18th birthday, but now he never will and for some reason, the compass found its way back to John B and me.

For nine months, everybody's tried to get John B to believe our dad's dead. I even began to lose hope. They say we were in denial. Whatever. Denial's underrated. You should try it sometime. It's highly effective, and it's only denial if you're wrong. I believe my father is still alive somewhere out there, it doesn't make sense for him to go missing at sea, he knew the sea better than anyone. Deep down, I feel like our father is still alive and we just need to find him. This compass coming back to us, my father's compass, which was passed down from generations, it's a sign. He's alive...

***

The next morning, John B and I woke up earlier than usual and decided to bring back the scuba gear to Cameron's boat. 'Why couldn't you go without me?' I groan leaning back on the boat, putting my glasses over my eyes as the sun was too bright this morning. 'You came with me last time to get them, you can help me put them back.' He answers and I scoff. 'Why couldn't you get JJ? He's sleeping perfectly back at the Chateau.' I argue and he rolls his eyes. 'JJ was up half the night fixing the roof of the chateau with me while you slept like a baby. He needs extra sleep or he'll be cranky all day.' John B replies and I let out a sigh. 'Let's just make this quick.' I say getting up and tying the rope around the boat as we pull up to Cameron's boat.

As we take the gear and carefully hop on the boat as we walk inside, we notice Sarah Cameron sleeping on the sofa and I turn around and put my finger to my lips. 'Be quiet.' I whisper to him and he nods. 'Wheezie, shut up.' Sarah groans waking up. My brother hits one of the tanks on the counter causing a loud noise, I roll my eyes. 'God. You're not Wheezie.' She says sitting up and I sigh. 'Correct. Yeah.' John b sighs along with Sarah. 'I'm sorry.' He says with a soft smile and I look at him with 'Are you serious' written all over my face.

''What are you doing?' She asks. 'Uh, we're just dropping off some scuba gear.' John B answers. 'What are—what are you doing, here?' He questions her and she looks at him seriously and I mentally face-palm myself. 'It's our boat. It's also the only place with air conditioning.' She shrugs and I scoff. 'Of course, you can't survive with her air conditioning on. Wouldn't last a day in the Cut.' I roll my eyes and she glares at me. 'Did you, um..top the tanks?' She asks, changing the subject. 'Uh, no. No powers down, so compressors were off.' John b stutters and I sigh.

'So you're sneaking onto our boat at 5 a.m. with empty tanks?' She asks him before glancing at me. 'I'll make sure to tell Ward.' She adds cocking her eyebrows. Clearing my throat I look at my brother. 'We need to go.' I whisper and he nods in agreement. 'Okay, okay. Cool. Cool. Just drop these off.' John B says taking the tanks from me and dropping them to the floor.

'Yeah, yeah, the middle of the room is fine.' She remarks. 'Yeah, this is pretty much what he told me to do.' John B says. 'Bye.' Sarah says as we begin to walk out of the boat but John B pauses at the door and turns around. 'Actually, you know, what—what exactly are you gonna tell your dad?' He asks high-pitched as he chuckles nervously and I sigh. 'Nothing much. Just that you poached our scuba gear.' She shrugs with a smirk and I scoff.

'Okay, fuck. We borrowed it for a few hours. Okay! And we bring it back intact and unharmed.' He sighs. 'Minus air!' She smirks and I groan. 'Lose the attitude, it doesn't look good on a kook.' I say leaning against the door frame and she rolls her eyes. 'Look, please don't tell him. Okay? He'll fire me.' John B says sheepishly. 'So what are you going to do? Pull a gun on me?' She says sarcastically and I was about to walk over and give her a piece of my mind but John B blocks me. 'Jackie, no.' He says sternly and I scoff crossing my arms, glaring at her. 'I didn't know JJ would do that.' John B confesses. 'That's convenient to believe.' She scoffs. 'Maybe you should get better friends.' She suggests looking at John b and me. 'Well, Maybe you should get a better boyfriend.' I sass back at her.

'Like one who doesn't poach?' She scoffs. 'Look, please, just don't tell him. Okay?' John b pleads. 'Relax. I'm not gonna tell him anything.' She says and my brother sighs in relief and my eyes widen in shock at her words. 'Your secret's safe with me, John B.' She smiles at him causing him to break a smile too, I groan.

'Okay, you can leave now.' She says laying back down and we both nod, exiting the boat, and making our way back onto our boat. 'She has a crush on you.' I tease and he scoffs as we drive away from the dock. 'What? No, she doesn't.' He says as a blush appears on his face. 'Uh, yeah she does. Your secret's safe with me, John B.' I mock before pretending to gag. 'You're so annoying.' He scoffs and I burst out into a fit of laughter as we make our way back to the Chateau.

***

Once John B and I arrived home at 6 a.m., JJ had already left probably to go back to his own for a while. We decided to get a couple of hours of sleep in before the day fully started so we laid down on the couch and before we knew it, we were sound asleep.

A loud bang startles John B and I awake, John b tumbles off the couch. 'DCS! I know you're in there!' A familiar voice shouts banging on the window. My heart rate starts to escalate as my brother and I look at each other with utter fear.

It slows down as I see JJ jump in front of the window and burst out laughing. 'Gotcha, slick.' He continues to laugh at us. 'You should have seen your face. Your face was like..and you fell off the couch.' He brags on and I roll my eyes. I open the door and drag him in, clipping him behind the ear. 'You're so annoying.' I argue and he smirks. 'But, you love me.' He says leaning down to me with a gorgeous grin plastered across his face, I couldn't help but smile back at him. 'Still annoying.' I clear my throat before leaving the boys to go get changed.

***

JJ, John B and I decided to head to Lana Grubb's place to ask about the compass. John B driving while JJ is in the passenger seat and I'm in the back behind John's seat. 'I'm just saying, I don't understand why you don't at least try with Kiara.' JJ tells John B as I listen in on their conversation. 'She likes you. She's like, oh, John B.' JJ continues.

'Is that what she does?' John B says not amused by JJ's theory. ''Yeah, aren't I right, Jackalope?' He asks turning to face me and I put my hands up in defence. 'First, stop calling me that ridiculous nickname and I'm not getting involved.' I tell them and JJ rolls his eyes. 'She's sketched about you diving, then she kissed you.' JJ says. 'She kissed me on the cheek.' John B remarks. 'It's not like we were making out, bro.' He adds. 'Low-hanging fruit, bro.' JJ says as we take another turn on the road.

'Don't pretend you don't notice. I see it in your eyes.' JJ says and I scoff causing him to turn around a give me a look, I just smirk at him. 'You're like, I kinda like that, and you start blushing.' JJ continues. 'I blush?' My brother asks and JJ nods. 'Yeah.' JJ replies before grabbing the compass and my brother quickly goes to snatch it off him.

'Hey, don't—' John B yells. 'I was just looking at it.' JJ says. 'I gotta admit, your father's compass in Scooter's boat, that's freaky.' JJ says and I nod in agreement. 'Yeah, that's why we're going to talk to Ms. Lana and figure this whole thing out.' I explain. 'I'm sure she would just love to talk to us. It's not like her husband just drowned or anything.' JJ says sarcastically looking out the window and I sigh as we continue the drive in silence.

We pull to a stop outside Lana Grubb's house. 'Know what this house looks like?' JJ asks. 'What?' I ask him as we hop out of the van. 'Whoever lives here smokes too much weed.' He says and I roll my eyes. 'Surprised, you don't live here then.' I tease him as he playfully shoves me. 'Will you two stop messing around.' John B says as we hear a loud crashing noise from inside.

JJ quickly grabs my hand as we all rush to the side of the house. 'Still think we should stay?' JJ asks glancing at John B. 'The compass wasn't in the boat.' A man yells from inside as the three of us look at each other in shock. 'Where is it, Lana?' The man yells as we hear a loud slap. 'W-We need to help her.' I say anxiously trying to go inside but JJ and John B grab my hand pulling me back. 'Are you crazy? They'll kill us.' John B whispers yells and I sigh. 'They're hurting her, John B.' I say terrified as my heart rate starts to escalate.

'Just don't listen.' John B tries to calm me but it doesn't work, JJ squeezes my hand trying to reassure me and calm my nerves but it only helps a little bit. My heart hurt for Lana, I just wanted to run in and help her. We were pressed against the wall when little flecks fell from above us as the banging noises continued.

'Is this paint?' JJ asks. 'Yes, it's paint.' My brother answers. We slowly began to move forward when we heard the man leave. They walk out of the house as JJ pulls me closer to him. 'Those are the guys that shot at us' JJ says peeking around the corner.

We stayed where we were until they drove off in their boat and then we quickly ran into the house. I could hear a whimper coming from the bathroom and I quickly sprint over to Lana Grubbs. 'Jackie, what are you doing?' John B asks as I put my finger to my lips to quiet him. I open the bathroom door to see Lana on the floor bruised. I quickly kneel next to her and check to see if she has any serious injuries.

'Hey, it's okay. They're gone.' I assure her while trying to calm her down. 'Dude, she's tweaking.' JJ says. 'Do you need a doctor?' I ask and she immediately shakes her head. 'Let's call the sheriff.' John B says. 'No cops! Please!' Mrs Lana says and I nod. 'That's not good.' JJ said getting stressed. 'You shouldn't be here.' She yells at us. 'That's enough for me.' JJ says as he tries to grab my hand, I quickly brush him off and I wet a cloth to clean her wounds. 'Wait, wait. What do you know about these guys?' My brother asks her. 'They were looking for something.' She sobs, my brother quickly puts his hands in his pockets and pulls out the compass. 'Does it have anything to do with this?' John B asks showing her the compass and his eyes widen in fear.

'This is our father's, and Scooter had it. Why?' My brother asks her.'John b, stop. You're scaring her.' I yell at him and he sighs. 'Scooter didn't have it okay.' She cries. 'You need to get out of here.' She shouted at us, John b and JJ were ready to go by now but I couldn't just leave her here, not in this state.

'It's okay, let me help you.' I say pressing the wet cloth against her wound. 'No! Go! Go!' She yells at me, JJ pulls me up by my waist quickly and drags me out of the house. 'She'll be okay.' He whispers in my ears as we walk towards the van. 'She knew something.' My brother says starting the engine and reversing it out of the yard, JJ and I both nod in agreement. 'We need to grab the others and tell them about this.' JJ says and my brother nods picking up speed as we make our way back to the Chateau.

To be Continued...

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

4.3K 112 31
The Pogues are not ones to shy away from breaking the law. They practically live on the verge of being arrested. And this summer is no different. It...
36K 346 13
Y/N just moved to the Outer Banks with her aunt after her mother's death, she's never been there only few weeks at summer but never got along with no...
105 0 5
An OuterBanks Fanfic x JJ x OC Character We're the Pogues and our mission this summer is to have a good time, all the time. At least, that's before...
337K 7.5K 37
IN WHICH a runaway finds her safe haven extended description inside → season one ← → book one ← (...outer banks x fem oc) (...john b x fem oc ) ©app...