The Ascension Saga Book 1: Gh...

Door IIIKEANIME

Izuka Midoriya is a name that sticks in Katsuki Bakugo's mind. She died one year after her mother, a suicide... Meer

Chapter 1: Prologue: Appearance of Chaos
Chapter 2: Fall From Order
Chapter 3: Break and Reforge
Chapter 4: The Patchwork Bunny
Chapter 5: Mr. Two-timer
Chapter 6: Stain! Memories...
Chapter 7: Himiko's Vengeance
Chapter 8: Controlled Chaos
Chapter 9: UA! A Different Kind of Crazy
Chapter 10: Split Sides
Chapter 11: Crazy is Fun
Chapter 12: Buildup
Chapter 13: Rage
Chapter 14: Your Symbol Of Despair
Chapter 15: One Who has Ascended
Chapter 16: Just a bit of Spying
Chapter 18: I Choose Who Wins
Chapter 19: Juiced
Chapter 20: Heroes Are Annoying
Chapter 21: Rabbit and Steel
Chapter 22: His Power
Chapter 23: Douse The Flames
Chapter 24: An Informant... Eventually?
Chapter 25: Ghost
Chapter 26: Awakening
Chapter 27: Clash Of Titans
Chapter 28: Tempered Steel
Chapter 29: Kenji Hikiishi
Chapter 30: Fall Of Steel
Chapter 31: Torture and Terror
Chapter 32: INVENTION BATTLE!!!
Chapter 33: Bonding
Chapter 34: Havoc
Chapter 35: His Daughter
Chapter 36: Recorded Memories
Chapter 37: Froppy. Inko. And a Short Memorial.
Chapter 38: ???
Chapter 39: Possessions
Chapter 40: Say Yes to Compress
Chapter 41: Preparations
Chapter 42: Self Control
Chapter 43: Unbreakable Heart
Chapter 44: Evolutions
Chapter 45: Shopping is Great! Not Deadly at All!
Chapter 46: A Little Girl who Hates Heroes
Chapter 47: Three Third Years
Chapter 48: Begin! The Camp Raid
Chapter 49: Chain Evolutions
Chapter 50: All According To Plan
Chapter 51: Clash Of Gods
Chapter 52: Angel or Demon?
Chapter 53: Villain with a Heart Of Gold
Chapter 54: Betrayal and a Meeting
Chapter 55: Demon Child
Chapter 56: Mina Ashido
Chapter 57: Escape! Feat. Yours Truly
Chapter 58: Night of the Rogues
Chapter 59: A Truth, A Lie, And A Secret
Chapter 60: Meetings for Everyone!
Chapter 61: The Easy Part
Chapter 62: The Overhaul
Chapter 63: Three Kids? An Escape

Chapter 17: Start! The Sports Festival!

639 17 7
Door IIIKEANIME

Class 1-A was piled onto the bus that headed to the UA stadium.

"So how many people do you think will be there?" Ochaco wondered.

"A lot. But the sports festival isn't just staged for a live audience. It's broadcasted all over the world!" Bakugo said.

"You're lucky Bakugo. You'll get a lot of attention with your quirk. *Kero*" Tsuyu Asui ribbited.

"Or what about Todoroki? His power will definitely draw some people in." Kaminari said.

"Hey electro-dumbass! If you play your cards right, your quirk will be flashy too." Bakugo said.

Tenya stood up. "WE'RE HERE EVERYBODY! REMEMBER TO ACT POLITELY AND DO YOUR BEST!"

The class filed off of the bus. They stood before a large crowd of people, each taking pictures, or asking for names.

"It's like we're famous!" Sato grinned.

"Eh..." Jiro mumbled.

The class walked into the stadium, where they were led to the 1-A seats. They were positioned next to the teachers seats, overlooking the whole stadium ground.

"Huh. You guys have good seats..."

Bakugo looked down as Mineta screamed, finding 'Yumi' and Hatsume both sitting in the front row. They hadn't been there before.

"Where the fuck did you two come from?"

Izuka looked at the blonde. "Well you see... One day my mommy and daddy loved each other very much-"

"YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN DIPSHITS!"

Hatsume cackled as 'Yumi's' expression turned villainous. "I just wanted to check in on you guys. Hope you're ready for some fun!"

The two support students disappeared.

"Where the hell-?"

"Oh yeah!" Izuka said from the doorway. "Don't try the stealth game in the festival. That's for us."

Izuka and Hatsume disappeared into the stadium hallways with a terrifying cackle.

"Okay everybody. We have a half hour. We need to figure out what those two will use!" Tenya said.

"We'll figure it out after the first event, first, I've got to tell you all something." Baugo said. His classmates gathered around him.

"Those two are beyond us for now. We can just place as high as possible. However, I do have one piece of information."

"What?"

"That girl. The one with the scar. She has the same sort of power as the one villain at the USJ."

"SHE'S A VILLAIN?" Mineta screamed.

"No. Definitely not, I'd know if it was that villain..."

"Then how does she have that power?" Tenya questioned.

"There is a specific percentage of the population that is truly quirkless. About one percent actually. Only about two percent of them survive life. They have the capacity do pull off what Yumi dubbed a limit break."

"A limit break?"

"Imagine working yourself so hard in mind, body, and spirit, that you become more than human. Your DNA changes... Somehow. The physically impossible then become possible. Imagine having no quirk, yet being able to pick up a truck with one hand, as if it were a feather."

"You've got to be kidding." Sero scoffed.

"You saw that villain in the USJ. I witnessed Yumi display similar power. She took out an Ectoplasm clone in a split second."

"Eh. I doubt it." Mineta said. "We should worry more about her gadgets..."

"Guys, seriously. We should worry about both of those things." Mina said. "Yumi is one half of the problem. Hatsume is on at least the same level as she is. And both of them can make anything out of scrap metal. Watch yourself if you go up against either of them."

"Hey guys. It's time to get suited up. First event is in twenty." Aizawa grumbled from the hallway. "I'll be running commentary with Mic. The teachers are down the hall if you need anything."

Bakugo stood up and walked to the locker room, where he began pulling on a gym uniform.

*Flashback*

Bakugo and Toshinori sat in the teachers lounge. Bakugo had just gotten word about the approach of the sports festival.

"She's killed again..."

"I know..." Bakugo sniffed. A newspaper was on the table between them, displaying a headline about another victim of Patchwork Bunny. A man by the name Asiko Milo.

"I think that she might be beyond help at this point." Toshinori said darkly. "She's killed so many... Because of my mistake..."

"HEY! I MESSED UP TOO! IF I HADN'T... if I hadn't... I killed her..."

"Young Bakugo. You cannot take the blame for this. I was the one who-"

"You were just the last straw. One drop in an infinite ocean of grief for her. I'm at fault here. I cannot be a hero..."

"Nonsense. Of course you can."

"HEROES DON'T MAKE VILLAINS!" Bakugo blinked tears from his eyes.

"YOUNG BAKUGO." Toshinori shouted. "You are still young... If you wish to take responsibility, then Izuka is the villain that only you can defeat... Show her that you will meet her in battle confidently. Use this festival to announce to the world your immovable spirit. Show them that YOU ARE HERE!"

Bakugo nodded and grinned. "OF COURSE I WILL!" He wiped the tears from his eyes. "I'LL BE THE BEST! AND I WILL DEFEAT HER!"

*End Flashback*

Bakugo pulled the gym shirt over his head and walked out to the field. He emerged to see thousands of spectators. Students crowded the field, the sun beating down upon them.

Midnight stood on a center podium. She cracked her whip and everybody went silent.

"We have two speeches today. One from the top scorer in the hero course, and another from two students... Katsuki Bakugo, Yumi Shoudai, Hatsume Mei. Please step forward."

Bakugo stepped up to the podium. The other two students followed him.

"First, Katsuki Bakugo."

Bakugo stepped up to the microphone.

"Heh. If I was still the same, I'd probably declare my victory already... But I've changed. I know that you're out there. I know that you're watching. Let it be known, your attack on UA has only made us stronger. Every student here. Today we will show everybody how powerful we are."

Izuka was cheering in her mind. Almost crying with mirth.

'Holy shit he's so stupid!'

"This is a warning to all villains. We are the world's next heroes. We will stand strong. Today is a day of emergence. We Are Here!"

A cheer went up through the stadium. Toshinori grinned at the speech.

"You really have grown..." Mitsuki muttered, as she watched the festival on the television.

Midnight applauded. "That was a very inspiring speech. Thank you. Without further ado, the two stars of the support course. Yumi Shoudai and Hatsume Mei!"

Hatsume and Izuka stepped forward.

"Before we begin with our speech, we would like to applaud Katsuki Bakugo, and give our respect to Class 1-A for their survival at the USJ."

Izuka and Hatsume bowed.

"GREAT! Now that that's done. I hope that everybody understands that we will be giving it our all. A quirkless girl and a girl with zoom vision... We will claim the festival for the support course this year. Make no doubt!"

The crowd began laughing.

"A quirkless girl? The support course? Please..."

"The heroes will win this one kid! Go back to working at the grocery store where you belong!"

Izuka grinned. Before turning to Midnight and holding her hand out. "May I?"

Midnight smiled and handed the girl her whip. "Be my guest."

Izuka jumped atop the podium and cracked the whip. A bloodcurdling aura rolled out from her.

"Make no mistake. This isn't't a joke. It's a challenge."

The crowd went silent. Midnight took the whip back. "That was sexy. Have a good festival!"

Izuka disappeared back into the crowd of students with Hatsume.

Midnight took the stage once more. "ALRIGHT! THE FIRST EVENT IS THE OBSTACLE COURSE! EVERYBODY LINE UP!"

The students lined up at the start as Aizawa explained the event.

"Competitors will race in a four kilometer obstacle course. Of course, this is a hero obstacle course, so the students will use their quirks or support items, depending on what class they have, to progress."

"READY?" Midnight raised her whip. "GO!"

In a rush of wind, Izuka and Hatsume were gone. THe camera's were already tracing the duo as the other students started.

"AND THEY'RE OFF!" Present Mic cheered.

Todoroki froze the tunnel behind him after his class got through. "Our goal is to beat those two. We already have a good lead." He said stoically.

"AND THE SUPPORT DUO OF YUMI AND HATSUME HAS ALREADY TAKEN THE LEAD!"

"What?"

In the stadium, The spectators watched as Izuka dashed with incredible speed, Hatsume on her back. Hatsume seemed to be fiddling with something.

The crowd was a little outraged. "THERE'S NO WAY THEY CAN WIN! SHE EVEN LIED ABOUT BEING QUIRKLESS!"

"What are your thoughts Eraser?" Mic passed the Mic.

"Yumi Shoudai and Hatsume Mei. They are always severely underestimated. Shoudai was admitted to the support course after acing the hero course entrance exam, as the hero course focuses on quirk growth, not just physical growth. Because she has no quirk, she worked hard to surpass anybody with one. A body that has been pushed to grow past the feasible limits. A mind that can rival that of our own Principal Nezu. Such things make a deadly combination. Then you have her partner in crime."

"Hatsume Mei! HER QUIRK IS ZOOM! HER EYES CAN ZOOM IN ON DISTANT OBJECTS WITH EASE, WHILE IT'S NOT A VERY POWERFUL FLASHY QUIRK, IT DEFiNITELY HAS ITS USES!" Present Mic shouted.

"Are you done?" Aizawa grunted.

"Sorry. You know how it is..."

"Hatsume Mei has a quirk, however her greatest weapon is her mind. Her physical strength is also great. These two managed to discover a new element in their first week at UA. They've been working together ever since they met! When you have two incredibly strong willed, strong minded, strong bodied girls working together, you can get some earth shaking results. Like now for example."

The screen displayed a grinning Hatsume, who snapped her fingers. A little black robot appeared on her shoulder and stuck out some sort of port. Hatsume held up a silver cube.

"What's that?" Mic leaned forward.

Hatsume connected the cube to the robot and pointed. A warp gate appeared and the duo was moved forward to the start of the first obstacle, a kilometer away.

"A TELEPORTER!" Mic shouted.

"And that's why those two are to be taken seriously..." Aizawa muttered.

"Either way, they have arrived at the first obstacle. ROBO INFERNO!"

Several supermassive robots stood in the way of Izuka and Hatsume. The zero pointers from the entrance exam.

Izuka grinned as another small robot appeared on her shoulder. Hatsume hopped off of the scarred girls back and disconnected the cube from her bot.

"What are they up to now?" Mic wondered aloud.

Aizawa leaned forward in interest. The robots jumped into the air, unfolding and refolding, until they became metal gauntlets.

"I've seen something like these before..." Aizawa said, as Izuka raised a hand and grinned. "Get ready for a lightshow..."

"What do you-"

A bolt of silver lightning ripped out of Izuka's left hand. The energy crashed into the first zero pointer. The bot's front was melted by the heat.

Hatsume leapt forward, Izuka defended her as a multitude of tools sprang from her gauntlet, she began salvaging scrap from the destroyed zero pointer.

Power Loader grinned. "So what do you think our chances are?"

"You've got two students, you really want to-" Snipe began.

Hatsume held up a large ball of wires and metal. "Yumi~ Give it a toss please!"

Izuka pecked Hatsume on the cheek and took the massive device. Her arm flashed white for a moment, and the device was sent up into the center of the obstacle.

"And BOOM!"

An explosion shook the entire stadium. Three zero pointers were blasted to scrap. In the resulting dust cloud, Hatsume and 'Yumi' Bolted past.

"Yes. I do." Power Loader grinned.

"Again. That's why you don't mess with them."

The duo continued running. Laughing at the commentary. Mic switched back to the other students.

"IT SEEMS THAT THE OTHER STUDENTS ARE APPROACHING THE FIRST OBSTACLE. WHAAAAT? HOW ARE THERE ANY ROBOTS LEFT?"

"They used the explosion to fool everybody into thinking it would be an easy pass. They left at least fifty zero pointers left to fight." Aizawa grumbled.

Bakugo grinned as he blasted into the sky.

"WHO CARES? WE CAN TAKE 'EM!"

Todoroki ran past and froze two robots without hesitation. Mina skated past quickly on acid skates. Yaoyorozu generated a grenade and threw it at a zero pointer. The rest of 1-A smashed right through.

"CLASS 1-A IS UNFAZED! WHAT IS WITH YOUR STUDENTS ERASER?"

"They've learned not to hesitate. They've seen the harsh reality of the world, and have grown to meet the challenge. Bakugo couldn't have been more right in his speech. They are showing the world that they are here."

Izuka grinned as she and Hatsume approached the next obstacle, a massive chasm lay before them.

"IT LOOKS LIKE THE FIRST PLACE HOLDERS HAVE REACHED THE NEXT OBSTACLE! WILL THIS BE THEIR DOWNFALL?"

Izuka fist bumped Hatsume, and they both jumped off of the edge.

"WHAT ARE THEY DOING!?!?"

Power Loaders cackle could be heard throughout the stadium.

"WAIT A MINUTE!" The camera zoomed in. Izuka and Hatsume were shown leaping between rocky spires with the use of grappling hooks.

"HAHAHA! TAKE THAT HERO COURSE! BOOYAH!" Power Loader shouted.

"Power Loader. Sit your child ass down." Aizawa grumbled.

Izuka and Hatsume cleared the second obstacle. The other students reached it just in time to see Izuka and Hatsume dash off.

Toga grinned as she darted past the first obstacle.

'You go babe.'

Toga reached the second obstacle to see 1-A crossing. She just leapt across with ease.

"WHAT'S THIS? CLASS 1-B's SHINAMA YUKO HAS TAKEN THIRD PLACE!"

Izuka grinned as she heard that. "WOOOOOOOOO!"

"FOR SOME REASON... YUMI SEEMS... EXCITED?"

Izuka and Hatsume came to the last obstacle.

"IT SEEMS LIKE THE TWO TOP PARTICIPANTS HAVE REACHED THE FINAL OBSTACLE! THE MINE FIELD!"

"We obviously can't use the dangerous mines, those are for the third years..." Aizawa grumbled.

"HAHA! GOOD ONE ERASER! THESE MINE'S WILL JUST CAUSE A SMALL EXPLOSION. NOT TOO DAMAGING, JUST DEBILITATING!"

Izuka just ran across the minefield, not caring if the explosions hit her.

"WHAT INSANITY! YUMI SHOUDAI IS TAKING THE MINEFIELD HEAD ON!"

The crown had already forgotten about the girls quirklessness. They were cheering her on with loud roars.

Izuka grinned as she and Hatsume leapt off of the minefield.

"THEY MADE IT! AND HERE THEY ARE, COMING UP TO THE FINISH LINE!"

Izuka and Mei crossed the finish line. Toga following closely behind them.

"AND THERE YOU HAVE IT! YUMI SHOUDAI! HATSUME MEI! AND SHINAMA YUKO HAVE WON THE TOP THREE SPOTS IN THE FIRST EVENT!"

)=(

Shigaraki grinned at the TV in the vanguard building. Sensei had told him to watch the festival from there. Dabi and Twice were chuckling at the irony of three villains coming in first in a hero competition.

"Oh this is delightful... We should provide them with some new toys..." Shigaraki rasped.

"What do you mean by-"

"I want them to help work on the Nomu... Maybe Sensei will allow them to..."

Dabi shrugged. "Eh. Might as well ask... This is great though."

Shigaraki grinned.

"I can't wait to see those heroes faces when they find out..."

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

1.2K 29 15
Izuku Midoriya is the traitor of Class 1-A. However, as with most things in his life, it's complicated. After his father left, life with his single m...
71.3K 1.7K 26
This was my first fanfic. It's shitty, be careful. Izuku Midoriya. Quirkless Police Officer. After his interaction with All Might, he gave up on bei...
114K 2.2K 56
Izuku Midoriya was born quirkless, however when he was given All Might's power his life changed. But what happens when he has a chance encounter with...
1K 36 5
Midoriya Izuku, a Quirkless young man who had been through many trials throughout his entire life of living. He has been through many trials of menta...