Suit And Surrender

By ownangel

To Aarna patel, he was the kind of man she wanted to stay away yet she desired him - dark, tough, extreme, co... More

prologue
here comes the heroine,
Sapno ki Mumbai
here comes our hero
at club
Boss's Boss
Ruthless Rathod: 1
Ruthless Rathod:2
the battle B/W mind and body
Game is on
R.R.R.
Mr egomaniac
Heated Kiss
the feud 1
the feud 2
the drunk messages
hangover
are you sleeping with someone?
nothing happened, okay!
more than a challenge
negotiation
Got fired!
I am done.
I am sorry
finally! she agreed.
Lion and his prey
boss is a horrible prick
His needy, aching Aarna
jealous Rathod
joining of two bodies
break up?
the presentation
what? no arrangment!
the mystery man
Saturday, friends and revelation
game of bedroom
what is it?
joint pathway of their emotions
sweet torment!
he upgraded her flight!
meeting her parents
making her happy
moving in?
silent treatment and flowers flowers
Mr. Neanderthal & Ms. thoroughly eaten
jealousy and insecurities
new story
I love you
Assaulted?
Payback Time
Frightened Deer Or Hungry Lion?
Ceasefire and Pulav
Her Bracelet, His Shirt And Them
Spa Day And Quickey In The Office
public appearance and his mother
She Was an Escort?
a note, articles and chole bhature
nightmares with open eyes
His Definition Of Love
A Tweet and A Post and Romance
sunset, Dance And Marriage Talk
dinner with friends and vibrator
shocking truths or lies?
DNA results and kidnapped
Finding Her And Berserker Him
Birdie's story of greed
Help From Angel & Slice From Demoness
In his arm, her home
Proposal with Ice Cubes & Ropes
Epilogue
DO REVIEWS
bonus chapter
Lie & Love

Rathod sent food!

7.5K 392 11
By ownangel

Was I stunned by his presence?
Yes, I was.
I didn't expect him here at all. And never in my life, I thought he would say sorry for firing me.
All in all, his behavior at the apartment was different than his at the office and maybe that's why the last part came from my mouth.
Because I was so angry at him, I just said him selfish.
But I never thought he would give such a drastic reaction. When I said about destroying, his face was showing so many emotions like hurt and anger, he was damn angry, he was there in the room but still was not there.
Like I have opened some wounds of the past.

'God, Aarna, why you had to say that? Will he be fine?'
As much as I say I don't want to see him, I can't ignore the desire to be with him.
I wanted to experience the hot, perfect moments and kisses we shared rather than fighting with him all the time.
His care, his concern, and the moments that I shared with him can't give justification for his behavior in the morning or all the other times he made me feel like trash.

"Why you didn't come to the office today, and you didn't even inform HR? Are you alright?" Marshal sir said.
Before that there were only two reasons for my absence from work, health issues or me being out of the city.

"Are you there? Aarna. Don't tell me you resigned."
He said with a laugh.
That means Rathod didn't tell him about me not being part of the company anymore

"Jokes apart. I called you for our new project. This time we are making our own mall and then we will sell it, isn't that exciting? I want you to lead this project. I will talk about this to Rathod and I don't think he will disagree with this decision."
We constructed malls before too but as constructors only and not as owners.
This was new and It was easy to guess the mind behind this idea.

"Sir, I don't think--"

"Aarna, I am getting late for a dinner meeting, I will talk to you Tomorrow at the office."
So like Marshal sir, this is his way of talking on phones. He would cut the call before letting others complete it.
I was confused, why didn't he know?
HR must have informed Marshal sir,

I opened my mail and saw that they sent the termination letter from Rathod's email and not from the company's email, and there was only Mr. Rathod's signature and not from HR.
It was a rule that nobody can fire any employee without HR's permission but usually, HR gave their consent because they also work for the owners.
HR can not go against them.

So I still am part of MR till the HR department signs my termination letter.
Half part, I mean.
I laughed at my misery.

I was in no mood to cook and Ria was going to come late, so I opened my phone to order something and I was looking at the menu from my favorite restaurant, a Gujarati restaurant. Whenever I eat food from this restaurant, I always felt like I am at home.
The ringing of a doorbell startled me.
'Who could be at home at this time.'
I murmured.

I opened the door, and there was this delivery guy, holding a big parcel.
"Aarna Patel?" He asked looking at the receipt.

"Yes."
I looked at him skeptically.

"Ma'am, food delivery."

"I ordered nothing."

"Yes mam, you didn't but someone else did and I was strictly ordered to give you this."
He gave me the heavy parcel.

I closed the door once he left.
'How can food for one person be this heavy.'
I opened the box, and there was a note,

This is compensation for leaving suddenly and Hope you will consider joining back the MR.
--Rathod.

The food box had logos of Swad, my favorite restaurant from whom I was going to order, a few minutes ago.

I took out all the boxes and opened them.
Kadhi - khichdi, sev-tameta ki sabzi, baingan bharta, rotlo, Patra dhokla, mohanthal and rotala's churmu in sweet, dal dhokli, masala chas, normal chas, papad.
My tastebuds became ten times stronger seeing all the dishes.
I was looking like the way Jethalal looks on Sunday at his Fafda Jalebi.

And there was again a new note at the bottom,

I didn't know what you like the most so I ordered few dishes that I thought you will like. Hope this food brings a smile to your face.

The food was too much, the notes and quantity-wise too. but I am not complaining about his gesture.

After eating all that amazing dishes, my mood was better.
I packed all the food that I didn't even touch and gave it to the guard uncle of our building.
It's better to give someone than waste it.
After talking with my parents via video call, I went to sleep.

Do I have to message him and say thank you?
'I think, you should.'

Umm no, I don't think so. He sent food with his purpose.
He wanted me to join back but Do I want to go back?
I can not deny my love for the company but what about my self-respect?
Do you mean ego?
'This sounds like your ego and not self-respect. Humans do make mistakes but he realized his misstep and tried to revert it, he also said sorry too.'

Shut up, go away, and let me sleep.

My phone rang as I was looking for vacancies, I was not ready to talk but I answered the phone,
anyway.
I can't resist hearing his voice.

"Hello?"

"Aarna, did you get the food?" He asked through the phone, and I shivered after hearing his voice.

"Yes, It was amazing, thank you but there was no need. You and I we are done."

"I have arranged a lunch meeting at my office for us, my driver will pick you up."
After a long pause, he said.

"Why do you think I will come?" I asked.

"Well, It's in your hands to come or not. But my driver will wait outside your building, in case you want to come after one day, two days, three days or whenever. You will find him outside."

I closed my eyes, understanding his meaning.

"I don't think lunch will be a good option. We don't need any of this. I will find a new job and you do your work, we will be happy that way."
I still tried.

"I don't know about you but I will not be happy that way. I know I have fu*ked up but give me a chance to make it right." His tone was softer this time.

"I don't the--"

"Please, come, I will wait for you."
He cut the call saying that.

Now there was a battle going on inside me to go or not go and eventually after pointing down the pros and cons, I decided to meet him.
I decided what I need to say to him.

I was ready to go in a slit kurta and a pair of jeans, without makeup. I took my bag and opened the door but I got a surprise.
Rathod was standing there in all his glory, the sight of him was enough to make me speechless.

"Mr. Rathod, you told your driver would pick me up."

"Well, I changed my mind. I thought we can have lunch at your place so."
He pointed at the pizza boxes in his hand.

"Come..."
I opened the door fully and went to the side to let him in,

How can I close the door on his face when he came with Pizza boxes wearing a hopeful look and a tailored suit?

"You look good in this." He stated calmly.

"Oh, the clothes?"

"Yes, Indian clothes suit you."
Well, my plan backfired. I thought seeing me in such clothes he would not find me his type.

"And western doesn't? Don't tell me you are part of the 'moral police' who believe Indian women should not wear western clothes."
I narrowed my eyes at him and showed fake anger.
I know I was picking up on his words.
Maybe we will fight and he will go away.

But instead of replying to my remarks, he said,
"Pizza will get cold. Come let's eat."
went towards the kitchen.

Well, plan number 2 backfired too.

He set on the dining table with two dishes, forks, and knives.
'Is he going to eat pizza with a fork and knife?'
I thought.

I went and set on a chair beside him. He served me a slice of Pizza to me and cut a piece from his slice with the help of a fork.

I couldn't control my laugh and he looked questionably at me,
"Oh, the king of etiquette, that's not a way to eat pizza."
I took a slice in my hand and took a bite.
And moaned.

"Eat like this." He sent me a wry look.

He took a slice in his hand and took a bite uncomfortably and cleaned his hand with a paper napkin immediately.

I shook my head at him and took another bite while moaning.
His gaze turned hot.

"Tell me when was the last time you ate Pizza?"
I asked to make the mood lighter.

"Never." He replied.

"Not even when you were a child?" I asked.

"No." He said coldly like it was the end of the topic.
I was trying to understand him.
'did something happen to him when he was a child? That's why he is like this?' I thought.

'Aarna, don't think like this.'
I blocked those thoughts out of my mind, for now.

"What do you want?"
I asked after a few minutes of eating in silence.
I can't stand silence.

"I want you and I want you to join back MR construction."
He said whipping his hands with a napkin.

"Your actions spoke a different story. and I don't want to join back."

"Stop lying, you and I, we both know what you want." He said a matter of factly.

"It doesn't matter, we were mistakes, and that matters to me."

"No, we weren't and we aren't. Just one selfish act of mine was a mistake and I said sorry and I think you need to move on from that."

"Ya, that's why I am moving on, moving on from you."

"You don't mean it."

"I do,"
I replied.

"My life before you was not exciting, but I loved it the way it was. And you brought a storm to my well-organized simple life and now I want that life back." I said.

"I know it's scary and risky but all the good things have their own risk. And I think we are worth that risk."
I stared at him.
"I know you are pissed and I understand the reasons, but this is me, I did screw up and I might in the future but you can't cut me off like this." He said with frustration.

"Let's say, I agreed to join back the office, but I disagreed to be with you. Then? Will you still want me there in the company?" I asked warily.

"I will not let that happen and If, If It does happen, then you still will be part of the company."

"How can I trust you?"

"I will tell my lawyer to make a contract that no matter what our relationship will be, I can't fire you with my reasons or on personal grounds."
He said.

"Okay, fine. I will join back and not because of this lunch or dinner yesterday but because I love to work there."
I said.

"And what about us?"
He asked with hope in his eyes.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 50K 76
Hatred is blind so is Love.... "Never try to change anything here!" His evil eyes did promise me some danger indeed. Meet Esha Varnav, a twenty five...
543K 22.9K 45
~•~ "I promise that i will not leave a single chance to turn your life into living hell You will beg in front of me but i will not stop. Mark my word...
425K 26.8K 43
"𝐍𝐨 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐠𝐨 𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐲 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮... 𝐒𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭, 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐌𝐈�...
120K 5.8K 21
Shourya Singh Rajput... 33 year old elder son of the royal and the most powerful family in India. A ruthless CEO of Rajput industries. The most scar...