GINGERSNAPS

Autorstwa theginger412

Olivia Evans, who was given up at birth by her mother, Petunia, later finds out that she is a witch. Just whe... Więcej

1. The Past meets The Future
2. Settling In
3. Lemonade
4. Flash
5. Captured Moments
6. Breaking Through
7. Scolded
8. Beaten Up
9. Petrified
10. Safe
11. Leaky Cauldron
12. Respects
13. Challenged
14. Slashed
15. Mischief Managed
16. Yearbook
17. Bring The Lion Out
18. The Cup
19. Moony
20. Contact
21. Toffee
22. Strawberry Ice Cream
23. The World Cup
24. Her Heart
25. Moody
26. The Tournament
27. Her Name
28. Her Wand
29. Her Dragon
30. The First Task
31. Her Flame
32. Love Potion
33. The Yule Ball
34. The Second Task
35. Birthdays
36. The Third Task
37. Graveyard
38. Her Friend
39. In Memory
40. Grimmauld Place
41. Pieces of Her
42. Inked
43. Lavender Tea
44. Uncle
45. Firewhiskey
46. Ministry of Magic
47. The Hearing
48. Treacle Tart
49. Evans
50. Her Boggart
51. Kings Cross
52. Bloody Mess
53. Skeleton
54. Playing with Fire
55. Last, First Match
57. St. Mungos
58. Honey
59. P for Percy
60. Drooble's Best Blowing Gum
61. Her Letters and Feathers
62. Occlumency
63. Not Tonight
64. Cornish Pixies
65. Red Lace
66. Yellow Paint
67. Sacked
68. Changes and Captures
69. Style
70. Adventure's End
71. Blowing Kisses
72. Stunned
73. Evans
74. Her Death
75. Cracks In Their World
76. From The Ashes
77. Her Funeral
78. Her First
79. Broomsticks & Sunsets
80. The Return
81. Scars
82. Permission
83. Paints and Pranks
84. Red
85. Normal
86. Vials and Stakes
87. Blood Oath
88. Arm Sling
89. Trunk of Photos
90. Never Know
91. In This Life
92. Melted Metal

56. Attacked

2.1K 71 0
Autorstwa theginger412

The twins invited Olivia to stay with them that night, and she tagged along with them after dinner to the Lion's common room.

Then they shared the news with everyone. That Harry, George, and Fred were banned from Quidditch and had their brooms confiscated.

"Banned," said Angelina in a hollow voice. "Banned. No seeker, and no beaters... what are earth are we going to do."

"It's just so unfair," said Alicia, "I mean what about Crabbe and the Bludger he hit after the whistle had been blown? Has she banned him?"

"No" said Ginny miserably, "He just got lines, I heard Montague laughing about it at dinner."

"And banning Fred when he didn't even do anything!" Said Olivia furiously, sitting on the arm of Fred's chair.

"It's not my fault I didn't," said Fred with a very ugly look on his face. "I would've pounded the little scumbag to a pulp if you three hadn't been holding me back."

Olivia felt terrible for the lions, it made it feel as if they hadn't even won the match, and Umbridge was proving more and more just how terrible she is.

She ran her fingers through Fred's hair, as he slumped back in the chair pouting, he leaned into her affection. Olivia wished she could make them feel better cheer them up somehow.

Slowly, the frustration melted from Fred's face, smoothing out all the harsh lines in his skin. He looked up at her, "You staying the night?" He asked quietly.

"If you need me to I can." She said sweetly.

"Charlie won't mind? That you sleep in one of our beds?" He asked.

"No, and if he does, I'll remind him that you and George were my best friends first before he became my boyfriend." She told him, brushing his hair out of his face. He grabbed her other hand in her lap and squeezed it.

"I'm ready for bed, then. Coming George?" Said Fred standing up. George nodded, following the pair, after the said goodnight to everyone.

Up in their dorm, it was the three of them, while Lee was still in the commons room.

"I know something that might cheer you both up." Said Olivia locking the door.

The twins exchanged a look with each other. "Ollie, I think whatever you're thinking right now, Charlie would have a problem with." Said Fred

"Oh hush, it's nothing like that, whatever your dirty mind thought of. I just didn't want Lee to come in. I have something I've been waiting to show you both, as soon as I got use to it and was comfortable with handling it."

"Ollie, that still sounds dirty." Said George raising a brow at the ginger.

"Stop it, and sit down," said Olivia watching the guys take a seat on the side of one of the beds. "Ready?" She asked and they nodded.

Olivia focused and transformed her body, into her feathery form. The twins gasped in surprise, pointing at the bird that stood where Olivia had just been.

"Ollie, you have feathers!" Said George frantically.

Fred pointed at her, "You are a bird, Ollie, A BIRD!"She flew over to the night stand by the bed and peaked at Fred's shoulder, teasing him. "Stop that! It's weird!"

"Turn back! Turn back!" Said George. Olivia flew back over to the floor and shifted.

"Who would have thought you two are afraid of a little bird?" She said smiling.

"We're not, but it can freak someone out watching their best friend turn into a bird with no warning!" Argued George.

"I'm a Phoenix, not just a bird." She said laughing at their faces.

"You're an animagus?" Said Fred realizing what it meant. She nodded with a smile. "And you're just now telling us! How dare you! I thought we were friends!" He said as if offended.

"I wanted to tell you but I was still getting use to it, and plus it was so hard to do. I was afraid it wouldn't work and have told you all for nothing," Olivia explained. "I have to hold a nasty leaf in my mouth for a month!"

"So that's what your breath was smelly?" Said George and she smacked him on the arm.

"Bunch a gits, that's what you both are!" She said.

"Oh come on you love us." Said George. "I just can't believe that you can turn into a bird! That's pretty cool Ollie."

"Phoenix. I'm a Phoenix." She corrected. "Extremely rare, you don't get to choose your animagus form, or I wouldn't have picks a bright red bird."

"I don't know, Ollie, a Phoenix seems like the perfect animal for you. You're a fiery little redhead, what's more Phoenix than that?" Said Fred. Making her laugh.

They unlocked the door, and Olivia changed her jeans for a pair of boxers of Fred's, to sleep in. She crawled into his bed.

Fred curled up, laying his head on her stomach, as she played with his hair. Soon they drifted off to sleep.

November turned into December and quickly passed by. It was the last DA meeting before everyone left for the holiday. Olivia sat with the twins waiting for Harry to start.

"Okay," Harry said. "I thought this evening we should just go over the things we've done so far, because it's the last meeting before the holidays and there's no point starting anything new right before a three week break-"

"We're not doing anything new?" Said Zacharias Grunting, "if I'd known that I wouldn't have come..."

"We're all really sorry Harry didn't tell you, then." Said Fred loudly making several people laugh.

Harry told them to work on the Impediment Jinx for the first ten minutes then they would which to stunning. So everyone began pairing off.

Olivia participated every so often but she decided to snap some photos of the group instead. Walking around laughing at everyone working hard, she snapped away.

It wasn't until they switched to stunning that Olivia snapped a photo of Harry in his "Lupin" cardigan, she could see his face and how he swelled with pride at the progress everyone was making.

Before Harry dismissed everyone Olivia got them to take a group picture, the Room of Requirement sensing what she needed, a tripod appeared out of nowhere conveniently. After the meeting she went to the dark room and developed all the film and photos.

That night Olivia laid in her bed in the barrels, an uneasy feeling had weighted on her chest all night. Keeping her tossing and turning, the nightmares didn't have a chance to find her because she couldn't fall asleep.

The door busted open and McGonagall and Sprout came in, "Olivia get up dear we need you." McGonagall said in a hurried voice.

Olivia was up in a instant, slipping on her slippers and grabbing her wand she left with the women. Outside the barrels were Fred, George and Ginny, waiting for them.

Sprout parted ways and McGonagall led them all the Dumbledores office. "What's going on?" She asked the witch.

"Arthur Weasley has been injured in the line of duty, Harry saw him in a vision." Said McGonagall and Ginny gasped, holding on to George's hand.

Olivia closed her eyes and heaved a breath. "What is needed from me? Do I need to take his place?" She asked. "How bad is it?"

"It's not good, but I'm not sure yet, we will know more when we get back." McGonagall said and they hurried faster. Once inside the office, Olivia rushed to Harry.

"Harry- what's going on?" Said Ginny. "Professor McGonagall says you saw Dad hurt-"

"Your father has been injured in the course of his work for the Order of the Phoenix," said Dumbledore. "He has been taken to St.Mungos hospital. I am sending you back to Sirius house which is much more convenient for the hospital than the Burrow. You will meet your mother there." Dumbledore looked to Olivia, "Ollie, I will let your dad know that you will be going with them. They need you while they wait."

She nodded to the man. "You'll write to Charlie and Bill? I'm sure Mrs.Weasley you planned on notifying." Dumbledore nodded in answer.

"How're we going? Floo powder?" Asked Fred.

"No, floo network is not safe at the moment. It's being watched. You will be taking a Portkey." Dumbledore answered. "We are just waiting for Phineas Nigellus to report back... I wish to be sure that the coast is clear before sending you-"

There was a flash of flame in the middle of the office. Leaving a single golden feather that floated to the floor. "It is Fawkes warning." Said Dumbledore catching the feather. "She must know you're out of your beds... Minerva go and head her off- tell her any story."

McGonagall swiftly left the room. "He says he'll be delighted," said the bored portrait returning. "My great great grandson has always had add taste in houseguests..."

"Come here then." Dumbledore gathered up everyone. "And quickly before anyone else joins us..."

"You all have used a portkey before?" He asked and they nodded yes. "Good, on the count of three then... one... two..."

And they twisted into the air, a moment later their feet hit the floor. She was trying to get control over the dizziness when she heard a voice, "Back again, the blood traitor brats, is it true their fathers dying..."

"OUT!" Roared a voice, Olivia looked up to see her Uncle.

Sirius helped Ginny up off the floor, and steadied Olivia by the shoulder. "What's going on? Phineas said Arthur's been badly injured-"

"Ask Harry." Said Fred

"Yeah. I want to hear this for myself." Said George, along with his brother and Ginny that looked at Harry.

"It was-" Harry began, "I had a- a kind of- vision..." he told them all that he had seen in his dream. After his finished the Weasleys just stared at him, until Fred broke the silence.

"Is Mum here?" Said Fred to Sirius

"She probably doesn't even know what's happened yet," said Sirius. "The important thing was to get you away before Umbridge could interfere. I expect Dumbledore is letting Molly know now."

"We've got to go to St. Mungos," said Ginny urgently. "Sirius can you lend us cloaks or anything-"

"Hang on, you can't go gearing off to St.Mungos." Said Sirius.

"Course we can go, if we want to, he's our dad!" Yelled Fred.

"And how are you going to explain how you knew Arthur was attacked before the hospital even let his wife know?"

"What does that matter?"said George hotly.

"It matters because we don't want to draw attention to the fact that Harry is having visions of things that are happening hundreds of miles away!" Said Sirius. "Have you any idea what the Ministry would make of that information?"

"Somebody else could have told us... we could have heard it somewhere other than Harry..." said Ginny. Olivia stood behind her, and rubbing her back, trying to comfort her.

"Like who?" Said Sirius. "Listen, your dad has been hurt while on duty for the Order and the circumstances are fishy enough without his children knowing about it second after it happens, you could seriously damage the Orders-"

We don't care about the dumb Order!" Shouted Fred, and Olivia flinched from his reaction. She understood why but still it was rare to see her best friends like this.

"It's our dad dying we're talking about." Yelled George.

"Your father knew what he was getting into and he he won't thank you for messing things up for the Order! This is how it is- this is why you're not in the Order- you don't understand- there are things worth dying for!" Sirius said angrily.

"Easy for you to say stuck here!" Bellowed Fred, "I don't see you risking your neck."

"Fred!" Scolded Olivia

"It's okay, Evans." said Sirius with a face that looked like it was in fact not okay. "I know it's hard, but we've all got to act as thought we don't know anything yet. We've got to stay put, at least until we hear from your mother, all right?"

Eventually everyone sat down and Olivia got our butter beer for everyone like Sirius asked her to. And they all waited to hear something.

Finally burst of fire bursted with a scroll of parchment with a single golden feather. "Fawkes! That's not Dumbledore writing- it must be a message from your mother, here." Said Sirius passing the note to George.

"Dad is still alive. I am setting out for St Mungos now, stay where you are I will send news as soon as I can. Mum." George read aloud. "Still alive.. but that makes it sound..."

"Like he's got a good chance of being okay." Reassured Olivia. "How about we get out of this hard chairs and go wait in the living room?" She suggested ushering them all out the door.

She sat in the middle of the couch, Harry on one said of her, holding her hand. Ron leaned against him. On the other side of her sat George with Ginny leaning on him. Olivia reached to hold her too. Fred sat in the floor in front of her, and laid his head on her lap.

They sat in silence, "How about I read from a book? Ron do you want to hand that one off the table?" She said and he handed her the book. "Thank you dear."

She cleared her throat, "The Wizard and The Hopping Pot, There once was a kindly old wizard that used his magic generously and wisely for the benefit of his neighbors...." She read aloud from the old children's book. Throughout the story, they each began to fall asleep.

Sirius stood by the door, listening to his niece, read to them. Her sweet voice calming everyone's nerves.

"But from that day forward, the wizard helped the villagers like his father before him, lest the pot cast off its slipper, and begin to hop once more... The End." Olivia voiced carried through the silence. She closed the book, noticing that they call drifted to sleep. She leaned her head onto Harry's and closed her eyes.

Sirius heard footsteps and assumed it was Molly, he turned to look and seen Charlie. Sirius pressed his finger to his lips, telling him to be quiet. Charlie peeked into the room that Sirius stood by.

Inside he seen Olivia, with a pile of Weasleys on her and one Harry, all fast asleep. A piece of his heart swelled, but ached at the same time. Hating the reason why Olivia comforted his siblings but happy to see her caring so much for them. "How long have they been like that?" He whispered to Sirius.

"Over an hour, she just got done reading The Wizard and the Hopping Pot, to them. We're waiting for your mum to send news again. Your dad is alive." Sirius said in a hushed voice.

"I know, Bill sent word, after Dumbledore notified me. I came as soon as I could." He said staring at his ginger. "She truly is extraordinary..."

Olivia smiled softly, hearing the sweetest voice she ever heard. "You two are rubbish at whispering." She said quietly, being sure not to wake anyone. Opening her eyes she looked over at the door.

There with her uncle, stood a tall muscle freckled man. A man with rich red curls, a man that was all hers.

She heaved a sigh at the sight of him, "My Charlie..." she said feeling some of the tense leave her shoulders. Slowly, Olivia wiggled out of the pile of people, successfully without waking anyone up.

She tipped toed to passed them where Sirius led her, and Charlie back to the kitchen.

Once out of range from the ones sleeping, Charlie wrapped his arms around his Olivia. And she done the same.

"Gosh it feels so good to have you in my arms." He said softly in her ear, taking in the smell of Honeysuckles from her hair.

"I've missed you. Merlins beard, I've missed you." She told him. They finally pulled apart hearing the sound of someone clearing their throat.

"Yeah don't mind me, just your uncle here in the same room with you both." Said Sirius sarcastically.

"Sit, you must be exhausted. I'll make tea." Olivia told Charlie, and he sat as she told him to.

The door opened up and Mrs. Weasley came in taking a seat. Her face was pale and she looked so tired. "Arthur's fine, he's gonna be fine." She huffed. Olivia placed a cup of tea in front of the woman. "Thank you dear."

"Just take a moment. The rest are in the living room asleep." Said Olivia patting the woman on the back. "I can go wake them when you're ready."

Mrs.Weasley gave her a sad smile and nodded her head. With shaky hands she lifted the cup to her mouth and took small sips. "I better go tell them."

"Here I will, Ollies cooking breakfast and you should relax. I'll wake them up." Charlie said leaving and coming back with the Weasleys and Harry.

They all gathered round the table and waited for Mrs.Weasley, to speak. "He's going to be all right, he's sleeping. We can all go and see him later. Bills sitting with him now, he's going to take the morning off work."

Fred fell with his hands on his face, into a chair. Ginny and George hugged their mother, Charlie patted Ron's back.

Olivia could feel the relief radiating off of them all. "Here Evans, I'll get Kreacher to make breakfast, Kreacher! KREACHER!" He yelled. "Oh forget it, then. I'll help..."

Harry hurried over to the stove where Olivia stood cooking eggs. He began Busying himself with the toast. But Mrs.Weasley came over, "I don't know what would have happened if it hadn't been for you, Harry, they might not have found Arthur for hours and then it would have been too late, but thanks to you he's alive and Dumbledore's been able think up a good cover story for Arthur being where he was you've no idea what trouble he would have been in otherwise, look at poor Sturgis..." she said hugging the boy.

She turned to Olivia, "Thank you Ollie, for taking care of my family, Charlie told me you watched after them for me." She said hugging Olivia, then turning to Sirius.

"Oh Sirius, I'm so grateful... they think he'll be there a little while and it would be wonderful to be nearer... of course that might mean we're here for Christmas..."

"The more the merrier!" Sirius said beaming. Mrs. Weasley threw on an apron and began to help. Harry pulled Sirius out the room to talk.

Everyone ate and headed off to bed. Later they would get to go see Mr.Weasley, but Mrs.Weasley sent everyone off to go rest, until then.

Charlie walked Olivia to her room, she closed the door behind them. "Finally, a moment alone..." she said sweetly.

Charlie didn't hesitate, he kissed her deeply, tugging her against his chest, he could feel her melt under his lips.

Pulling away he leaned his forehead against hers, "I've waited way too long to get to do that, I couldn't wait anymore." He said, kissing her again quickly, feeling her smile.

"My Charlie..." Olivia breathed against his lips.

"My Olivia..." he said softly.

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

100K 2.3K 90
"Whatever memories and moments define who you are or who you want to be, this one was among his." _ The second Sarah McCauley stepped over the thresh...
12.5K 382 39
Elodie finds herself stuck, she stuck holding the family business together. Her busy schedule of either working a dead end job or caring for her gri...
56.9K 1.5K 82
***Not Edited: Read with that in mind*** You practically grew up a Weasley. Living right down the hill with your muggle parents, you were always curi...
106K 3.1K 88
{Won 3rd place on the Sorting 2021 Competition} A mixture between Harry Potter books lore and Hogwarts: Mystery game A Charlie Weasley x OC story fro...