The Queen (Harry Styles)

By amandaJtommo

Book #2 in The Kingdom of Ula Series King Harry and Princess Emerald's love story continues as they begin the... More

Before You Read
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Epilogue

Chapter 11

37K 1.5K 242
By amandaJtommo

LEAVE SO MANY COMMENTS THAT I'LL CRY.

______________________________

The whole thing seemed to be working like a blur. I wondered if this is exactly how Harry felt when he was crowned. Everything was moving piece by piece, minute by minute. I was hardly aware of my surroundings. I was too focused on getting the wording right to look around me. I could feel the palms of my hands sweating as I held the metal objects in my hand. 

I was presently in the chapel, everyone around me watching as we finished the ceremony. This whole day has been a busy one. I think I was up most of the night afraid of messing up today. Harry, bless him, stayed up with me talking about anything and everything to keep my mind off of my nerves. He was too good for me sometimes. 

As soon as the ceremony was finished, I was lead to the balcony on the second floor. Everyone followed me, Harry was almost immediately behind me as I walked beside Baba. Baba stepped out on the balcony, his white robes blowing in the wind. As he talked to Ula, I felt Harry's warm hand take hold of my own. I smiled at him as he leaned down to press a kiss to my cheek.

"May I present to you, your King and Queen, His Royal Majesty King Harry and Her Royal Majesty, Queen Emerald."

Harry and I walked out of the doors that were opened. We were momentarily blinded with light as the loud cheers overcame us. I raised my left hand, waving it as I smiled. Harry's hand squeezed mine tighter than it did before. One by one, the rest of our family gathered behind us on the balcony as Harry walked up to the podium.

"My good citizens," Harry started, a smile on his face. "Today we have stepped forward in history as we accepted my wife as a ruler of our country. It humbles me that you have taken to her as much as I have this past year and some odd weeks. With my wife by my side, I wish to step in a new direction. As Emerald and I have discussed repeatedly since I became King, it is my duty to right my father's wrongs.

In his own time, my father was considered a valuable, and most certainly an endearing king.  However, times have changed and Ula is under a lot more pressure than we previously were. I want to begin an enlightenment on Ula, and fight back to change our country. The decisions of my father were solely his own, and I plan to run my country with my wife and I making our decisions together. Just as a husband and wife should do. 

As of tomorrow at sunrise, Baba and some valuable citizens will be taking a trip to my wife's hometown where she grew up in a life deep in poverty. It is there where we will begin making lives better. Prior to Emerald and I getting engaged, I learned her home had no church, and very little faith. Faith needs to be restored in Ula, and the construction of a new church is just the start. Emerald and I, as well as our team of advisors, will be reevaluating all town guards as some of them have been taking advantage of their positions. We want our home to be one of the happiest places you can live. Misery is a thing of the past, and I hope to make a sure change in all of your lives, as well as the future generations of our home.

As my wife and I step forward into our roles as your King and Queen, we hope you will also step forward with us. Emerald and I can start the change, but you are the change. We can't do anything without you helping us out. Some of the changes will take months, some may be immediate. 

One of our immediate changes will be our taxes. I would like to tax the wealthiest more heavily to aid in poor relief. This is not a permanent change, but our poor are poorer than you may think. This is something near to me, and I respect that you will be kind to respect the decision. I know many of you won't be pleased with this decision, but it is what needs to be done. I would like our poor to be well off, and quite possibly modernize their homes. If any of you have spare money, we would love to take donations to get their feet off the ground, and also move forward with us. 

So I urge you today to stand up, and accept change. I urge you to take your country in your hand, and be the change. Thank you," Harry nodded, pressing his hands together locking eyes with his people. 

The cheers were thunderous, shaking the floor beneath my feet. Harry stepped back, and took my hand in his as we watched the people. Harry's speech moved even me. I felt like I needed to help in any way I could. I wanted to do everything to help Baba, but he and I had our home to run. I was excited to make the change.

"This is the change," Harry murmured in my ear, a smile playing on his lips. 

"You're not your father. That is where the change begins," I said back to him. He led me back into the room off of the balcony, and hugged me tightly as everyone filtered back in. 

"I believe there's a party downstairs for our Queen," Anne said with a wide smile, her hand resting on my back. "But I think your gown needs changing. It's awfully large for a party."

"Yeah," I nodded. "I'm going to head to our bedroom quickly."

"I'll come with," Harry said, taking my hand in his. 

I smiled at Harry as he walked with me to our room. His hand holding the jingling keys to our room. He opened the door allowing me to walk inside. I kicked off the shoes and looked around the sun filled bedroom. Harry was standing over the table by the door flipping through some messages in a dish.

"It's weird," I started, startling Harry. He looked up at me as he held the pink slips of paper. "Knowing that I'm in charge of the kingdom."

"Yeah," he nodded. "I felt the same way."

"You seem distracted," I said walking up to him. 

"Yeah, some ships were seen coming to the shore. I have to take care of this right now, but I promise I'll be back before you are ready to go downstairs," he said leaning to kiss my lips. "It shouldn't take too long. They're still far enough away from the shore."

"Okay," I nodded watching as he rushed out of the room. Moments later, Trish came in the room with a dress bag hanging over her arm.

"Where did he go?" Doniya asked. "He had his work face on."

"Work," I laughed.

"So this dress is something I'm rather proud of," Trish smiled holding onto it. "I remembered your very first ball here. You picked out the most beautiful aqua blue dress, and you were the showstopper in the ball room. So Don and I came together, and made a gown from the same material," she said unzipping the bag. "This is our gift to you as you embark on your first ball as a queen."

The gown was much more beautiful than I could have imagined. It had a sleeker shape than my first gown did. This one went to the ground, no doubt it will have the slightest of trains. Silver stones were embroidered in the blue cloth on the top half. I didn't know how to respond to this beautiful piece of clothing.

"Your hair is getting longer again, and you don't need to wear that crown, so I brought back something old," she smiled. I watched as she took a beautiful butterfly piece from the bag and handed it to me. The familiar weight rested in my hands, as I ran my fingertips over the beautiful metalwork.

"We wanted it to feel like the first ball all over again," Doniya said. "Your first ball as just plain old Emerald was special, but this one is made to be fit for Queen Emerald."

"Thank you," I whispered, my hand covering my mouth. "I don't know what else to say. You both have done so much for me, and without the both of you and your family, I don't think it's possible for me to be as happy as I am. I consider you just as much a part of my family as everyone else in it," I said walking up to Trish and hugging her.

She handed me the beautiful gown and sent me to change. I walked into the bathroom, and carefully stripped down the gown I presently had on. Trish stepped into the bathroom and helped me into the beautiful aqua dress. Once it was securely zipped onto my body, I ran my hands over the sleek exterior. 

"What do you think?" Trish asked, crossing her arms.

"It's beautiful," I said glancing at myself in the mirror. "One of your best."

"Good," Trish smiled. "Let's get your hair done, shall we?" she asked pulling a stool out from the large linen closet. I sat down on the stool letting her do her thing.

I studies Trish in the mirror as she twirled my hair around a curling iron. She began twisting and pinning before it became this beautiful black bun. She clipped the butterfly into my hair and looked at me, a smile playing on her lips as she tenderly touched both sides of my face.

"Beautiful," she whispered. 

I heard the bedroom door click open. I stood up from the stool, and walked out of the bathroom. Harry looked at me, his lips parting ever so slightly as his eyes scanned over me. I stepped into my shoes and walked over to him as he rested his hand over his navy blue jacket. 

"Wow," he breathed. "You look absolutely stunning."

"Thanks," I smiled. "Look familiar?" I asked waving the blue cloth lightly. 

"Yeah," he nodded. "Looks like something I've seen before."

"Try looking at the photos of us," I smiled standing up on my toes to press my lips to his. His hands rested on my lower back, a dimpled grin stretching across his lips.

"Our first ball," he smiled. "How fitting," he grinned. 

"At least wait until we leave to procreate," Doniya said from behind Harry. "Mum and I are still here."

"I'm aware Doniya," Harry laughed, turning to her. "I can't kiss my wife?" 

"Someone had to remind you," she laughed. "My mum is the person who will pretend not to see or hear anything."

"I know," Harry chuckled. "We're going to the party now anyways."

"Thanks Trish," I waved as Harry took my hand leading me out of the room. 

Harry's fingers were laced in mine as we walked through the hallway. Our silence was comforting as we walked. Harry hummed lightly to a tune that seemed to be completely his own. I smiled at him, his amusing behavior bringing a smile to my face.

"What?" he asked.

"You're in a good mood," I laughed. 

"I'm always in a good mood when I'm with you," he said as we approached the ballroom. "You bring out the best in me."

I smiled to him as we were announced into the ballroom. We walked in hand-in-hand, and bright smiles were on our faces. Everyone curtseyed or bowed to us as we passed them. Harry and I made it to both of our families who were talking with one another. Gemma and Mikey were sitting beside each other talking quietly. I saw Harry send them both a glare before my brother got up, and walked off.

"What did you do to him?"

"Threatened to deball him," Harry whispered. "Nothing major."

"Nothing major?" I asked, my brow raised. "I beg to differ."

"She's my sister," he said pointedly. "Let's share a dance. I'd like to dance with my wife."

"Fine then," I giggled as he changed the subject abruptly. 

Harry's hand were placed on my waist as the music played in the background. He led me in swaying to the music. His vibrant green eyes bore into mine as he danced with me. 

"I love you, Em," he murmured. "So, so, so much."

"I love you too," I whispered as he bent down to kiss my lips. 

Today was another new chapter started. My life as the Queen begins today, on July 3rd, almost a full month after my wedding. I couldn't believe this is the life I live. With Harry by my side, I feel as if we could conquer anything. I felt stronger with him by me. I felt more of myself than I did ever before. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33.1K 1.4K 11
[HIGHEST RANKING: #1 in harrystylesfanfic] Two souls have been searching for each other from one life to the next. Maybe in this lifetime, they will...
1.9K 433 52
Ever wonder what it's like to become a princess and live in the royal palace? Well, Harry didn't. After suddenly finding out that her mother had marr...
7.2K 1.2K 18
Nailah marries and life goes on *this is book two you must read book one before you understand *
189K 5.7K 53
Princess Mus, always lived a life of luxury. She thought her life would go on like this. But, it didn't! Her father and mother have got her marriage...