No Matter What // Zayn Malik

By lostinparadise25

Olivia has had a crush on Zayn Malik from the moment she laid eyes on him, and I mean could you blame her? He... More

No Matter What
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Epilogue

Chapter 18

82.6K 1.8K 220
By lostinparadise25

Chapter 18

"So you and Zayn?" My brother obnoxiously asked as he drove me to school once our Christmas holiday was over.

"Don't even." I sighed, leaning my head up against the front window, and trying to hide my smile at the mention of his name.

"Hey, you can either tell me or Mom."

"What about Ben?"

"Ben knows nothing about relationships."

"And you do?"

"Yeah, I pick up girls all the time." Josh said cockily as I rolled my eyes. "All I have to say is-" he changed is voice, sounding a little deeper now. "I'm a drummer. In a band." He even flipped his hair a bit as I groaned in my hands.

"Aww, c'mon, talk to your big brother Josh. He treating you right?"

"We've only been dating for like a couple weeks." I protested.

"Still, Livi," he pressed on in all seriousness.

I eventually did tell him what was going on. We talked through text mostly since Zayn was never logged into his twitter. "Too lazy" he said, as I rolled my eyes. We hadn't been on a date yet, but still, he treated me well.

"He better." Josh growled.

"Relax. I think he's picking me up from school today." I said happily.

"I'm surprised you didn't go on about his beautiful eyes and and his perfect quiff!" Josh teased, sounding like a fangirl. I couldn't help but laugh as we pulled up to the school.

"You're a secret fangirl. I knew it! That's why I heard you crying in your room that one time. Was it a Nosh fan fic?" I smirked at him as he laughed.

"It was a gif! My feels! Niall stahp it!" He joked as we both broke into fits of laughter.

"Bye loser!" I shut the door behind me and braced myself for school. I hated school, like most kids. I just wanted to see my friends and go home. Rosie was there and I had a few other friends, but we didn't talk as much since I couldn't hear. But now that my aid was on, things might be a little better.

I strolled up to Rosie's locker with a little grin and leaned up on the side until she noticed me. Finally she closed it, jumping when she saw me, taking a huge breath and placed her hand over her heart.

"Stop it! You scared me!" She signed. I rolled my eyes as her quick sign language. I pushed my hair away and revealed my hearing aid to her as her eyes widened.

"You're w-wearing it?!" She practically screamed as I nodded vigorously. "Come on then! Lets go get you all socialized up!" She started to drag me over to the nearest guys in my grade as I laughed.

"Rose, I have a boyfriend . . ." I said and if it was even possible her eyes got bigger.

"Y-You and Z-Zayn?"

"Yeah, on Christmas Day!"

Our high pitched squeals filled the hall as we jumped up and down and hugged each other like the crazy teenage girls we were.

"OH MY GOSH! I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU!" She screamed. "Still! Let's go be social now!"

"Social?" I scrunched up my nose playfully. "What and like actually have a life? What?"

Rose laughed. "You won't be that deaf loner girl anymore. They're gonna love you, sweetheart."

Rosie was right in ways. I was mingling and being social and answering questions and talking to teachers. For so long I'd been ignoring all these little perks in my life. For so long I'd been an outcaste. For so long I'd been that deaf freak. But now, I was Olivia Devine. If anything, they treated me better than I expected. No weird looks down the halls, only little waves and smiles.

For the most part, everyone was nice.

Then there was Chad.

I rolled my eyes for like the fifth time this period. "I swear to God, I will punch you in this face if you don't get away from me," I yell, walking over to the other side of my geometry classroom. I still wondered till this day how Chad got in here.

"Feisty, eh?" He chuckled as I internally groaned.

Chad was your typical cocky guy. Maybe somewhere, deep, deep down inside, he was a good guy but from the way he winked at every girl and walked down the halls with the "swag" he spoke of but didn't really have, it didn't show. I tried to see the good in him, but it just wasn't there.

He was good looking. Not as good looking as Zayn. He had blond hair, a little tanned, and probably biceps under that varsity jacket. Zayn rocked those way better.

"Leave her alone, Chad!" Someone growled from behind me. I didn't recognize the voice. It was all new to me.

"Why should I?" Chad challenged, being his cocky self.

"Her brothers will kick your butt from what I hear."

I smirked a little as Chad looked taken back. Only slightly. His cockiness snapped right back into place after a matter of seconds. "Really? Your brothers?"

"Ones a drummer." I said proudly.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"He likes to hit stuff," I said innocently. "People too. He has a horrible temper. Josh almost got kicked out of this school."

"Devine? Him?" Chad's expression was priceless. I heard a few laughs behind me.

"Yup." The bell rang, and the heavens seemed to part. Class was over, the teacher dismissing us with a wave of her hand. I picked up my books and hurried out, excited to see Zayn later and glad to be away from Chad.

"Hey, aren't you going to thank me?" I turned to see a boy with a little grin on his face. I recognized the voice as the guy back in the class who told Chad to back off.

"Oh yeah, thanks for that . . ." I waited for him to say his name.

"Tristan. Yeah. Olivia, right?"

"That's me." I gave him a little smile.

"I didn't expect you to know me. I knew you were deaf so I didn't think we could be friends, honestly. We have only geometry together." He scratched the back of his neck, nervous almost.

I nodded slightly. "Well, this hearing aid could change all that. It's nice to meet you."

"Sorry about Chad. He's a -"

"Jerk? A perv?" I offered, making him laugh a bit.

"You are a little feisty," he teased as I playfully rolled my eyes. "I was going to say that he's-" Tristan paused, trying to think of other words as I giggled a little. He finally gave up. "Okay he's a jerk."

"And a perv. Don't forget that one!"

"How can I?"

"How are you friends with him? Is his mom paying you? Or maybe she paid extra so he could get in Geometry . . ."

Tristan's laugh filled my ears as I offered a little grin. I wasn't so nervous talking to people. I didn't need Rosie by my side anymore. Maybe it was that Tristan was so easy to talk to.

"He's not that bad once you get to know him," he shrugged a little. "Don't worry about him though. Your brothers and boyfriend will take care of him right?"

"You know I have a boyfriend?" I smiled a little at just the giddy thought of Zayn and I.

"I have a little sister. She's in love with that boy band."

"Maybe I can get her an autograph or something."

"Goodness no. She'll shatter my eardrums again."

I laughed a little. His little sister was a fangirl.

His looked at his watch worriedly, reminding me of the White Rabbit who was "late for his date".

"I should actually go pick her up now," He murmured, running a hand through his dark brown hair.

"Aww that's cute." I teased, cooing at him.

He shook his head, mumbling a whatever. "Tease me again and I'll make sure Chad bugs you even more."

I gasped. "I thought we were friends!"

He laughed a little, and I joined in with him, in the middle of the hallway. "We are! And as your friend, I'll walk you out."

"Thanks," I smiled, flattered at what a gentleman he was. "You're sweet, Tristan."

"I try, I try." He flashed me another big grin as I followed him out to the front of our school.

Zayn was there, waiting like he promised. He was leaning against his car that he could finally drive after passing his test. He looked up and saw me through his shades. I gave him a little wave but not before turning to thank Tristan.

"Thanks again. See you in geometry?"

"See you tomorrow, Olivia." We went our separate ways, Zayn meeting me halfway as I walked towards him.

Zayn was smoking again and I frowned. I took the cigarette out of his hand and threw it to the floor. The smell of smoke still lingered as he looked down at the cigarette against the concrete. He watched as I crushed it with my boot.

"I don't like you smoking," I mumbled sadly. "Here's some gum." I dug in my purse before handing him a stick.

"You know I'm trying to stop," he said, sounding upset now. He knew I was disappointed in him. I hated the fact that he was harming his body that way.

"Try a little harder then." He kissed my head, brushing some of my hair away from my face. He pulled me into a hug, me leaning on his chest. I slowly hugged back. I was still a little mad. I felt his eyes elsewhere. I looked up and saw he was glaring at Tristan, his arms around me tightening slightly.

"Someone jealous?" I wiggled my eyebrows.

"No." He said flatly, as I shook my head.

"You so are." I shoved my books in his hands as he let out a little 'oof', surprised at the sudden weight in his arms.

"Dang babe, what do they have you doing everyday?" He huffed, opening the car door for me, before going to the other side. He slid in then placed the books back onto my lap.

"Stuff you wouldn't understand," I teased, leaning over to kiss his cheek. I pecked it lightly as he started up the car, engine revving up.

"I see you made some friends." He mumbled as we pulled out of the school. His grip tightened in the wheel and he popped his gum.

"Tristan-"

"Is that the boy who's in love with you's name?" He growled lowly.

"No. His name is Zayn." I said, smiling at how cute he was when he's jealous. "We're just friends. Promise."

"Good." He popped his gum once more. He reached over and squeezed my hand. "Because you're mine."

**************************************

You are seriously the best fans ever. You have so much patience with me. I have finals going on but ahh, I love you all.

If anyone who reads Closer to You (another story by me) who also reads this, I'm back. :D I'll explain why either tonight or tomorrow. It's a little complicated but really, thanks for the patience. You are all amazing! hope you liked itttt :D xo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.1K 430 13
When Cami finds out she has feelings for KJ, she asks for help from a co-star. She hints on KJ, but will he fell the same? Will he notice those hints...
51.8K 980 13
Harry Styles has been looking for that "special someone". So when he meets an elusive girl named Gabrielle, he can't help but fall for her head over...
108K 3.4K 27
Christina Greenwell's entire world had turned upside down the day five certain boys walked into her life. Her life spun yet again the day they walked...
7.7M 130K 72
Carly McKinley is the new up and coming singing sensation. With her new album just being released, she is already one of the most famous young singer...