ππ€π‚πŠπ’π“π€π†π„ | π˜₯𝘰 𝘬�...

By ziniscrib

[on-hold] Not everything you see on screen is what really lies in the actor's story. Do Kyungsoo, widely kno... More

p r o l o g u e
β€– chapter one
β€– chapter two
β€– chapter three
β€– chapter four
β€– chapter five
β€– chapter six
β€– chapter seven
β€– chapter eight
β€– chapter nine
β€– chapter ten
β€– chapter eleven
β€– chapter twelve
β€– chapter thirteen
β€– chapter fourteen
β€– chapter fifteen
β€– chapter sixteen
β€– chapter seventeen
β€– chapter eighteen
β€– chapter nineteen
β€– chapter twenty
β€– chapter twenty-two
β€– chapter twenty-three
β€– chapter twenty-four
β€– chapter twenty-five
β€– chapter twenty-six
β€– chapter twenty-seven
honestly

β€– chapter twenty-one

220 10 12
By ziniscrib

"Let's take a break, everybody!"

Minkyong announced through the megaphone, placing it down after so and strode towards the food trucks outside to get herself food. She looked through the other trucks and found interest in the other one that served different drinks, her throat feeling dry of all the talking she did earlier.

She nodded at the few crews she found there, exchanging few words with them and encouraging one another on a difficult day. Going up to the counter to order, her eyes skimming through the different juice that had its pictures displayed on the side.

"Chanyeol-a, I'll pay you later when I get home."

A baritone voice resounded next to her in which she did not pay attention to, saying her order to the vendor and going through her wallet to take out a cash.

"Oh? Gamdognim!"

Being called, Minkyong instantly turned to her side to see Baekhyun grinning from ear to ear. He was holding a phone and the other was waving at her.

"Hi!" Minkyong greeted back, a toothless smile emitting as she did so.

The actor looked back down to his phone and spoke, "Kyungsoo-ya, say hello to your crush."

Taken aback of the words he uttered, she nonetheless faced his phone that he almost shove up to her face and waved. There were boxes of pictures displayed on the screen, and she figured they must be having a video call with each other. That's sweet. She heard the members laugh as she found Kyungsoo's eyes rounding from its normal state.

"Hello, guys." She didn't know where to look as the awkwardness arose in which she tried to pry off.

"Hi, Minkyong." He smiled in which she returned, her lips grinning wider, eyes sparkling as the sun hit her face, the brownness of her eyes showing even more.

"Looking good there, Kyungsoo." He had a bonnet over his head, his simplicity warming Minkyong's heart.

"Y-you too," he stammered, weary eyes raking towards Jongin whom he shared the video call with as they were just in the same place when the boys called.

"I hope Baekhyun's not giving you a hard time," he said.

"Oh no, he's being such an angel here." She clasped the actor's shoulder, squeezing themselves in the camera's frame.

"Yeah, not like some guy here who look like a devil finding its prey when they look at someone," Baekhyun interjected, laughing at Kyungsoo who frowned at his words. Minkyong laughed at the two's interaction.

"He's gotten better, right?" Minkyong said, her round orbs looking at Baekhyun expectantly. wherein Baekhyun only replied with a half-hearted nod.

"Sure."

"I mean at least Kyungsoo's not a kind of guy who'd pull girls' hair, right?"

Baekhyun's mouth agape. "I see how it is," he said in disbelief.

"You two seem to get along very well," Suho commented from the video call.

"Great minds think alike." Minkyong pulled a smug look and Baekhyun snorted.

All the while they interacted, one of the boys who was included in the video call stared, his lips curved into a grin but it was rather not genuine. Jongin felt the older who was sitting next to him space out. The other members kept on conversing but Kyungsoo was especially not himself that moment.

"Hyung, you okay?" Jongin nudged Kyungsoo who blinked at him.

"Of course," he said. "I'll just go get something to eat."

"Jongin-a, where's Kyungsoo?" Minseok asked, noticing an incomplete attendance in their call.

Minkyong had already went to get herself a seat and Baekhyun followed, taking the chair next to her and they ate in silence, listening to the exchanges of the members.

"He... went to get food," replied Jongin, unsure of the atmosphere that fell on his hyung.

Baekhyun's brows furrowed, finding it odd. But knowing Kyungsoo, he must have just got bored with the conversation and left. Perhaps Baekhyun thought the lad would stay as Minkyong was there.

***

Minyoung Unnie

unnie

What
Missed me already?

hmm let me think about it real hard

What do you want? Aren't you working?

we're having a break
how's things going there?

We're fine
I'm fine
Dejun just came actually

dejun???
what's he doing there?
idk with u but im kinda getting suspicious with u two

He's my friend of course
What are you saying?

oh pls 🙄

Whatever 🙄
What time are u coming home?

changing the subj like that i see
idk
we're having a celebration later
our producer just got engaged

Okay
Drive home safe
Love you

Love u too bye

"Minkyong-ssi!"

A female crew called, waving at the assistant director's way, motioning her to come over where most of the staff were, preparing to go to the restaurant near the filming location.

"Coming!"

It was like the usual. The restaurant's customers was twice its usual number, and twice the noise as the staff were going on cheers and laughter, sharing random stories about themselves and hilarious moments they shared on set.

Minkyong beamed at Beomseok, the guy who just got engaged, sitting a few seats apart from her.

"How did you two meet?"

"It's a long story," he said.

"We have all the time we need, Beomseok-ssi," said the director. A sheepish smile crept on Beomseok's lips and he went on telling his and his fiancée's story of how they met.

"My fiancée and I met on a blind date set by our common friend. Well at first she didn't like me, I mean I don't look that good-looking back then."

Giggles and whispers erupted as he finished his words.

"Hey, don't say that, Beomseok-ssi!"

"I was aware she didn't really like me, but I like her so much. Of course, I didn't push her to like me back because I think it was enough for us to be friends. We went on a couple more dates then that's when she told me she can't like me back. Then I told her it's fine. That we could just be friends. From then on, we still communicated."

Beomseok was not good-looking. He has a big built, tall and chubby but his personality was bubbly that it makes him quite adorable. He had narrow eyes, round cheeks, and a semi bald haircut.

Finishing up his story with showing pictures of him and his fiancée, Minkyong couldn't help but feel happy for the couple.

"That's why, guys, don't be so afraid in blind dates. You'll never know," he said to them, half only laughed while the others shrugged and shook their heads, including Minkyong whom Beomseok eyed.

"I'm not interested in blind dates," she said.

"And you're not entertaining anyone. Come on, loosen up, girl. I have a friend, maybe I can set you up."

The lass bashfully shook her head as she waved her hand off, declining the generous offer.

"I think she already has someone in mind though," Baekhyun said as he drank up one shot of soju.

"You think so?" The others asked and from there, it intrigued a new topic.

"I don't!" cried the assistant director.

"Who else is single here?" another female crew, someone older than most of them, asked. Minkyong found it rather unnecessary but let them be. She did not involve in their conversation any more, only answering questions far from the topic and busied herself in serving them.

The actors and staff revolved around different topics whilst Minkyong excused herself to go to the restroom, feeling the alcohol she had intake taking its effect. She's had more than her limit should have. However, she could still sense everything and was half sober when her phone rang, vibrating on her pocket.

She head towards the restroom and when she got in, that's when she answered the call without looking at the caller.

Pressing the phone against her ear, she singsongs, "Helloooo."

"Minkyong!" the caller exclaimed, sounding rather surprised himself.

Her brows furrowed. "Who's this?"

He pulled his phone away from his ear and stared at her name before pressing it back against his ear again.

"I-it's me, Kyungsoo."

"Oh!" she exclaimed. "Kyungsoo! Kyungsoo!"

He chuckled, "Yes, that's me."

"Why'd you call?"

"I actually don't know too..." he trailed, lips parting as he ran out of words upon hearing her voice.

"Wait, I have a question." She leant against the wall, the ladies restroom empty as her voice echoed inside.

His corner of lips curved up but he fought the urge to. "What is it?"

"Okay, listen," she cleared her throat. "What do you call a screenshot that's taken in the head?"

"Uhm... what?"

"Headshot!"

An airy laughter, more like wheeze erupted from her lips as Kyungsoo found himself wordless at her pun, his brows twitching.

"Are you drunk?"

This made Minkyong laugh even more, finding his question so hilarious all of a sudden. "Why do you say so?"

"You sound... you don't sound like yourself."

"But I am Minkyong! You called me, didn't you?"

"No, wait, are you seriously okay?" Concern infiltrated his system, finding it very odd of Minkyong to speak like this.

"Of course!" She raised her shoulder to hold the phone in between the side of her head and upper shoulder, walking to the sink to rinse her face with water to somehow awake her drunken state.

"Where are you?" Kyungsoo inquired, hearing the water flowing in her background. She whisked her hand to dry them and told him the name of the restaurant she's at.

"Why—"

The call ended before she even finished her sentence and she took her phone in between the side of her head and her shoulder, staring at it as if it was the strangest things she's laid her eyes on. She flickered her eyes up to her reflection on the mirror, beads of water dripping from her face.

Pulling a piece or two of tissue, she wiped her face dry. Releasing one last deep sigh, she went out and noticed one by one, they were leaving. Baekhyun had gone as well and only some were present.

The director saw her and motioned her to help him in helping out one of the female crew who was spewing random words, dragged out whines and whatnots they cannot comprehend anymore.

Basically, the girl was already so drunk her mind's a bit fuzzy.

Minkyong rushed to them and placed the girl's arm over her shoulder to guide her in walking.

"Are you going to drive her home?" she asked the director.

"I called her boyfriend."

"Oh okay."

The girl was wriggling from their grasp but Minkyong held her firm and they head towards the door for it not difficult for the girl's boyfriend to pick her up. The director pushed the door open and just as they were about to step at the three steps to the ground, they bumped with a guy who gasped.

"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry. I'll take her," the guy said, attempting to wake the female crew and take her from them.

"You must be Shinhye's boyfriend," Minkyong spoke, giving the guy a light bow who did the same.

"Yes. I'm so sorry..."

"It's alright," the director smiled, telling them he'd go ahead.

"Good night, gamdognim!" the assistant director said, bowing at her senior who waved at her as he strode towards his car.

Minkyong looked behind over her shoulder to find the guy struggling to get his girlfriend to steady her balance. Chuckling, she went back to give the guy a hand until they reach his car.

"Thank you so much. I'm so sorry for bothering you," he said, continuously bowing. Minkyong waved her hand, shaking her head as she told him it's okay.

"Drive safe!" she said to them as she closed the door and the car drove off.

Now I have to get back to where I parked my car.

Turning back, she head back towards the location they filmed, her head hung low. Later did she notice that there was already a person standing in front of her until she saw a pair of shoes in front of her, unmoving.

Lifting her head, she was met by his round eyes boring down on her.

"Kyungsoo? What are you doing here?" she almost lost her breath in shock. His stoic expression turned into a smile.

"I told you, you didn't sound like yourself."

Upon remembering the words she uttered through their call earlier, Minkyong broke out into fits of laughter, embarrassment returning to her and she covered her face with her free hand.

Kyungsoo couldn't help himself but let out chuckles of her contagious laughter that rang like a sweet melody in his ears.

"That's so embarrassing, oh my gosh." She bit her lower lip, squeezing her eyes shut as an exasperated groan left her lips.

All Kyungsoo could do was laugh at how she realized the humiliating words she spoke to him earlier, finding it funny as well. Quite adorable too.

It took her sometime to calm down from her laughter, and Kyungsoo patiently waited for her, watching her as her cheeks wrinkled, resembling a cat. He fought the urge to just pinch those fluffy cheeks and gathered himself.

"Sorry, that was such a terrible pun I gave you," she said, wiping the tears that pooled in her eyes from laughing too much.

"I'm kinda used to it now."

She chuckled, remembering the joke she had told him before as well, a gush of embarrassment flushing her.

"You know what?" she turned to him as they walked side by side. "Let's go to Han River. I need to sober up before I head home. Minyoung Unnie might whack the hell out of me."

"Sounds good to me."

***

The two strode together as the Han River's breeze blew past them. Minkyong shivered at the cold wind, teeth gritting shakily that Kyungsoo noticed. On their way to the Han River, they've talked about random topics that ran in their mind. Now that they were walking next to the river itself, there were no words expressed.

He looked from the side of his pupils, looking down on his hoodie and thinking of removing it when she suddenly spoke.

"There's a convenience store right there, let's go buy ramen."

She instinctively pulled his hand and they ran to cross the road, his cheeks heating up at the contact they just made. He wanted to laugh at himself of how worked up he was when Minkyong's right there, not even one bit bothered.

The bell rang as Minkyong pushed the door open, rushing towards the aisle that served different kinds of ramen, their hands slipping away. She chose the normal one and looked at Kyungsoo who was slowly coming to her.

"What do you want?"

Kyungsoo lazily reached for the same ones she took in which he saw. She then paced back and forth to where the egg trays were placed, contemplating and internally whining how she wanted to put egg in her ramen.

"What do you want to get?" he asked, standing behind her, peeking over her shoulder.

"I want to put egg in my ramen but if I want to buy egg, then I'd have to buy a tray."

"You can bring them home later," he said.

"Forget it. I'll just eat it plain." She pouted then went to get her ramen cooked, leaving Kyungsoo who stared at the flat of eggs piled up in front of him.

With a shrug, he followed Minkyong and they both waited for the hot water to pour down on their different containers.

"I'll pay this time," she said. "I figured you put up a lot with my puns, you poor thing." They both laughed at her remark. The machine stopped pouring water, meaning it's already done.

Carrying both their trays, they went out and sat on the empty seats waiting in the same area of the convenience store.

As soon as they settled, the two immersed in their own worlds of eating their ramen, hissing sounds resounding in their place.

"It's a lot delicious when eaten outside," she commented in which Kyungsoo agreed with a nod.

Kyungsoo wiped the side of his lips and raked his eyes over Minkyong who was sipping the soup of the ramen.

"Baekhyun's already gone when I came, right?" he said and the lass hummed in response.

"Are you less drunk now?"

The assistant director choked on her ramen as she was still gulping the bile down her throat. Kyungsoo immediately sprinted back inside to buy water and went back to hand it to her as she lightly hit her chest.

He patted her back before she chug the water down.

"Yeah, I think I'm not that drunk now," she coughed.

They both sat in silence as Minkyong finished up her food. Kyungsoo was already done before she did and was just watching her as she finished hers.

"How do you even think of those kinds of joke? Don't you know they're so bad?"

"Wow, thanks, bro. That really pumped up my confidence with my jokes." She kiddingly rolled her eyes, her smile giving away.

"That's what makes it funny though. You laugh because of how bad it is, I don't know, I have a unique sense of humor. Sometimes, I don't even get myself."

"I see..." he winced in which made her chuckle.

"Anyway, how about you? What's up with you?" she asked, grabbing a piece of tissue to wipe her lips. "I didn't know you were coming, you know. It's been a while since I last saw you."

"I'm kinda busy too," replied he. "There were a few more auditions I'm going for more films."

"That's great! Show them how good of an actor Do Kyungsoo is, that's right."

He stared at her, amused, before his heart-shaped lips cracked into a smile.

"You and Baekhyun seem to be so close already."

Minkyong shrugged. "He and I just talk." She flickered her eyes up to him as she rolled the tissue in her palm. "Why? You jealous?" she kid, snorting.

He cleared his throat, tearing his gaze from her. "Don't get ahead of yourself too much, gamdognim."

"I think I have all the right to though. I didn't even ask you to come but you suddenly appeared out of nowhere."

That was it. He didn't know know what to say again. Kyungsoo couldn't understand why he just runs out of words when Minkyong hits a spot and knows she's right. A smirk plastered on the assistant director's lips, watching as Kyungsoo shifted in his seat, looking away.

"You're so cute."

He whipped his head at her, astounded. "I'm not."

"You are, honey."

"I am not."

"Deny it all you want, you'd still be cute."

He cringed at her praises, shaking his head in disagreement before grabbing the single bottled water he bought and brought it up to drink the remaining water.

"You sing so well too. Kyungsoo, you're just amazing. I hope you know that."

"I think you're still drunk. You're starting to sound like a fan to me."

"I am sober, honey. Perfectly sober." She flicked her hair back and leaned back, crossing her arms with a smug look on her face.

"I heard you sing. You were on tv few days ago."

Kyungsoo arched his brows in surprise, interested. "Well what do you think?"

"I told you, you sing so well," she exclaimed, earning a chuckle from the latter. "If I have that kind of voice, I won't ever shut up."

"You don't even have the kind of voice but you never shut up already."

She tittered. "That is so true."

There was a feeling of comfort that sat between them as they conversed, getting deeper into conversations. No hint of uneasiness, just them enjoying each other's company. There was something with Kyungsoo that makes Minkyong express her random self, her unique sense of humor that Kyungsoo regards so bad but is still hilarious, revealing.

She shivered from the wind that blew, sniffed as her runny nose tinted. This time, Kyungsoo did not hesitate to remove his hoodie but before he could even remove them, Minkyong stopped him.

"Don't. You'll catch a cold."

"But you—"

"I'm fine. Let's just get inside."

Inside the convenience store, it was warmer as the crew have set the heater up. Minkyong huffed a few times as Kyungsoo closed the door behind him. Minkyong settled on one of the seats near the window whilst the lad went to the drinks aisle, her gaze trailing on his figure.

"I'll be back." She hesitantly nodded.

After a few minutes, he returned with two paper cups in his hands, its heat emitting a small smoke.

"What's that?"

"Hot choco."

A smile made its way to her face, eyes glinting in delight as she took the cup from his grasp and thanked him.

"My grandfather loves hot choco too," she said, gaze directed at the view outside through the glass window. "In fact, he makes the best hot choco."

He turned to her, the bitter taste of losing someone tugging his heart.

"It tastes just like this." Minkyong lowered her head, her lips quivering into a half-grin.

The two sat in silence. Kyungsoo breathed a sigh. "If you want to taste the best hot choco again, I can tell you how to make it."

She looked up at him. "Thanks, Kyungsoo."

"You know I wish my grandfather was like that," he said.

"What's your grandfather like?"

"He's strict. He doesn't talk that much, doesn't share any stories with us."

"He can't be that bad." She blew on her hot chocolate drink.

"My mom tells us he asks a lot about us. But he doesn't want us to know that. The old man must've loved secrets too much."

She chuckled. "Maybe he's just having a hard time expressing his feelings."

"Perhaps." He shrugged. "You must be so lucky to have a grandfather like that. Makes you hot choco and bonds with you."

"Yeah, kinda reminds me of someone though." She playfully narrowed her eyes at him, making him raise his brow.

"Are you saying I'm like a grandpa?"

"Like my grandpa."

"Minkyong-a, that doesn't even make me feel a tad better. I'm not that old. We're the same age!"

"But you're an old soul. That's cute."

"Again with the cute remarks. I am not cute." He pointed out, raising his index finger.

"Sure, grandpa.

"Hey!"

As the night fell deeper, the two shared more laughter and experiences they've had in their 25 years of existence. Though their characters contrasted, it was no hindrance to how they enjoyed each other's presence, heart warming at every smiles they share, not noticing the time pass and their feelings involved.

The two walked by the side of Han River, orbs gleaming beneath the full moon and stars that shimmered on the dark painted sky.

They sat on the grass that accommodated only a few number of people, gazing up to the heavens to appreciate the picture up there. Heart speeding up, Kyungsoo bored his eyes on the girl whose eyes twinkled, reflecting the stars above. He felt like his heart was going to explode inside his chest, an overwhelming feeling he cannot explain at the sight of her, for she was so breathtaking tonight.

She wasn't wearing any makeup, real and bare. Like the usual days she spends, not putting effort in glamming herself. But that was what he liked about her—her simplicity and transparency that makes her beauty stand out even more.

From her eyes down to her lips, it screamed perfection and Kyungsoo couldn't tell otherwise. She was all he could see.

"This is nice..." she sighed, lids closing as she felt the wind brush her face. She was leaning back as her hands supported her, it resting on the grass when she felt a hand grazed over her.

Eyes flickering back open, she turned to look at Kyungsoo who acted innocent, gaze fixated up in the sky.

Minkyong suddenly forgot the correct pattern of her breathing, heart hammering against her chest. She wanted to clutch it as if it would make it stop, but she gathered herself and did not make a single move.

What's happening? Why is he like this? Why is he holding my hand—why is he intertwining them now!

Concealing her eyes that bulged out from his rather brave move, her breath hitched. From her peripheral vision, he was now facing her.

What should I do? Gosh, should I look at him too? Get yourself together, Bae Minkyong!

In the end, she coolly looked at him with her head still facing front.

"Is there something in my face?" She gulped, pupils quivering back to the front.

Kyungsoo's lips curved into a smile, a chuckle leaving it at how cute she looked when she's nervous. He shook his head at her question.

"I think you're just too beautiful tonight..."

She was stoned on her position, frozen as her heart did to. The noise subsided as Kyungsoo leant forward, their faces inching closer. She felt like palpitating. It was suffocating as she couldn't breathe. Their close proximity allowing her to be intoxicated with his fragrance.

When their lips were just an inch apart, she whispered, breathless.

"What are you doing?"

"I'm about to cross the line."

Their lips touched but before they were pressed firmer, a ringtone resounded.

this might be the longest chapter i've written in this book so far.

what do you think?

im having my second dose tomorrow. kinda nervous :<

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.2K 344 25
Follow the lives of EXO and Kyungsoo (D.O.) when they are stalked by somebody strangely familiar and somewhat close to them. Who will it be and will...
7.4K 345 43
You're an ordinary girl. Kpop has been a huge part of your life, and your love for it has only grown over the years. Your obsession for the legendary...
Angel By Javs

Fanfiction

10K 456 12
Being the assistant of the writer Do Kyungsoo is rather.. interesting.
584K 17.6K 65
Being a part of Korea's popular boy band, EXO-K, Do Kyungsoo lives a normal and happy celebrity life. Practising, performing and hanging out would be...