⤖ chapter seventeen

"Hey, hey, I have a joke

           "Hey, hey, I have a joke."

Kyungsoo raised a brow at Minkyong who had a relax expression, leaning against the chair as they enjoy a hot newly cooked ramen along with Mijoo and Junggi in the round table.

The drama was almost ending, and they only have two more episodes to shoot before it airs in the following week. When Dejun announced for a break, the three—Minkyong, Mijoo and Dejun—went on their way outside to the vendors. And it just so happens that Kyungsoo was walking behind them and that was how they resulted to inviting him to join them.

"If this doesn't make me laugh, what should I do to you?" Mijoo stared blankly at the younger lass who waved her hand, chuckling.

"I swear this is a good one, Unnie,"

Junggi scratched the tip of his nose as he silently listened next to the stylist.

"Okay," Minkyong uttered. "So, what do you call a person who exercises?" she placed her elbow on the table and rested her chin on her fist.

"What?" Kyungsoo asked, intrigued.

"Athlete?" Junggi guessed.

"Nope."

"Gym instructor?" Mijoo said.

"Nope."

Emitting a smirk, the lass stifled a chuckle. "Any more guesses?"

"Just tell us!" Mijoo groaned.

"Exorcist."

Silence. Disappointed sighs. Judging looks.

"Uhm, no, honey, that is just—oh gosh, what am I going to do with you?"

"Come on, that's funny!"

Mijoo shook her head, completely not having it. The exchanges of the two girls looked so hilarious that Kyungsoo couldn't hold in his laughter. Honestly, the assistant director's joke was a bit witty but, it just, it's not funny. What made him laugh was how Minkyong's face contorted into an awkward smile after the quietness dove amongst them.

His eyes wrinkled, his lips forming a heart shape, exposing his teeth as he laughed in his own world. The three looked at him as if he's gone mad. Minkyong, who was beside him, placed her hand on his shoulder and patted him.

"Kyungsoo-ssi, aren't you a bit too happy? I know my joke is just so funny, but you don't have to make it that obvious." She almost flipped her hair.

"No, no," he tried to maintain himself. "You're mistaken. Mijoo Noona's reply—" upon remembering it again, he burst into more fits of laughter that he just ducked his head on the table.

Minkyong cleared her throat as she winced at Mijoo. Kyungsoo's laughter was infectious that Junggi started laughing as well, hitting the table as it becomes unbearable. Soon after, the two females weren't any different from the pair's state.