⤖ chapter twenty-one

"Let's take a break, everybody!"

Minkyong announced through the megaphone, placing it down after so and strode towards the food trucks outside to get herself food. She looked through the other trucks and found interest in the other one that served different drinks, her throat feeling dry of all the talking she did earlier.

She nodded at the few crews she found there, exchanging few words with them and encouraging one another on a difficult day. Going up to the counter to order, her eyes skimming through the different juice that had its pictures displayed on the side.

"Chanyeol-a, I'll pay you later when I get home."

A baritone voice resounded next to her in which she did not pay attention to, saying her order to the vendor and going through her wallet to take out a cash.

"Oh? Gamdognim!"

Being called, Minkyong instantly turned to her side to see Baekhyun grinning from ear to ear. He was holding a phone and the other was waving at her.

"Hi!" Minkyong greeted back, a toothless smile emitting as she did so.

The actor looked back down to his phone and spoke, "Kyungsoo-ya, say hello to your crush."

Taken aback of the words he uttered, she nonetheless faced his phone that he almost shove up to her face and waved. There were boxes of pictures displayed on the screen, and she figured they must be having a video call with each other. That's sweet. She heard the members laugh as she found Kyungsoo's eyes rounding from its normal state.

"Hello, guys." She didn't know where to look as the awkwardness arose in which she tried to pry off.

"Hi, Minkyong." He smiled in which she returned, her lips grinning wider, eyes sparkling as the sun hit her face, the brownness of her eyes showing even more.

"Looking good there, Kyungsoo." He had a bonnet over his head, his simplicity warming Minkyong's heart.

"Y-you too," he stammered, weary eyes raking towards Jongin whom he shared the video call with as they were just in the same place when the boys called.

"I hope Baekhyun's not giving you a hard time," he said.

"Oh no, he's being such an angel here." She clasped the actor's shoulder, squeezing themselves in the camera's frame.

"Yeah, not like some guy here who look like a devil finding its prey when they look at someone," Baekhyun interjected, laughing at Kyungsoo who frowned at his words. Minkyong laughed at the two's interaction.

"He's gotten better, right?" Minkyong said, her round orbs looking at Baekhyun expectantly. wherein Baekhyun only replied with a half-hearted nod.

"Sure."

"I mean at least Kyungsoo's not a kind of guy who'd pull girls' hair, right?"

Baekhyun's mouth agape. "I see how it is," he said in disbelief.