⤖ chapter nine

"You bought that much?"

Minkyong gasped, turning to Mijoo who was just as amused at the sight of boxes of coffee waiting by the entrance of the set.

"I didn't," replied the stylist before she passed a cup to her. "But someone wanted to give you this instead."

Baffled, the assistant director asked who bought this much. And from whom the hot chocolate came.

Mijoo nodded her head at the actors' tent that made the latter raise her brow.

"Ji Hyun did?"

"No, sweetie. Kyungsoo."

Stepping away from the lass, Mijoo left her there in bewilderment. Kyungsoo did that? The coffee wasn't really a big surprise, but the hot chocolate cup in her grip is the one that draws much amusement and astonishment to her.

How did Kyungsoo even know she liked hot chocolate?

Before the scene starts at the shout of "action!", Minkyong ran to the actor, personally wanting to thank him for the kind giveaway he did for the staff. It really did make the ambience lighter and everyone love a cup of coffee in the morning. Surely, no one can resist it.

"Kyungsoo-ssi," she called, earning the 25-year-old idol to turn his back to face the young lass, wide eyes.

"Gamdognim," he acknowledged.

"I just wanted to say thank you for the hot chocolate this morning. I haven't had the chance to speak to you about it as we were all occupied earlier,"

Kyungsoo's lips curved into a wide grin, a gummy smile appearing as he gazed at Minkyong, bashfully shaking his head.  "Oh, it's nothing, gamdognim."

"Really, the hot chocolate was very nice."

"Glad you liked it, gamdognim."

"I was just wondering how only I was the one who received a hot chocolate—"

"Kyungsoo-ya, you're on standby!"

Without a word, the actor went on his way back to the set as he apologetically sent a smile at the assistant director who momentarily lost track of time on their shooting.

Still intrigued, Minkyong let it slide and went back to work as everyone did.

***

It had always been more like a tradition for the production to eat together for lunch. There were sponsors awaiting them outside the area, accommodating everyone as their sign of support for the actors who work really hard just as the staff.

Minkyong and Mijoo marched towards the food stand that served ramen and meat as Mijoo caught a glimpse of Junggi's frame who just came out of the set. She motioned the lad to come over in which he ran to where they were.