⤖ chapter ten

Busy bunch of people, more like in mayhem

Busy bunch of people, more like in mayhem. The director didn't arrive and even Minkyong was unsure of the reason why Dejun didn't show up. Ahead of them was a jam-packed schedule, so now is really not the perfect time for the director not to show up.

"Didn't he inform you he won't come today?" Junggi asked the assistant director who's staying still in front of the monitor.

She shook her head, lips pursing in a thin line as she thought of what to do.

"It's okay, you have the schedule with you, right?" the older uttered, hopeful.

"Yeah," she replied. "But I don't have his picture for this particular scene, Oppa."

A sigh released from the cameraman, also the head of photography, "How about you do it?"

"Huh?" the lass furrowed her brows. "I might need to ask for gamdognim's permission."

As if on cue, her phone buzzed in which she immediately took in hopes of receiving a message from Dejun. On the notifications, the director's name popped.

Dejun Gamdognim

You're in charge. There was an emergency
Sorry if I didn't inform you sooner
Update me

"So?" Junggi creased his brows at the younger who slowly looked up to him, eyes having a trace of wary.

"He's not coming,"

"What'd he say?"

"He says I'm in charge."

***

It wasn't that bad.

Surprisingly, Minkyong got the hang of it after the first scene they shot. Everyone cooperated smoothly and gradually, she was able to express her ideas for the said take, along with the others taking part in sharing their creative thoughts as well.

"Ji Hyun-a," the assistant director called in the middle of the set, in which the actress quickly responded to go to where Minkyong was sitting at.

"Yes, gamdognim?"

Pursing her lips into a thin line, the young lass discussed how the scene should be and went on widening the actress's understanding of it, allowing her to express her take in it.

"It's fine if you don't swell your eyes with tears. I just want to see that look of sincerity on cam. Okay?"

"Yes, gamdognim." Replied Ji Hyun and scurried off back to the spot she was supposed to be at.

"You're doing great, sweetie." Mijoo came beside the assistant director, nudging her as she flickered her orbs on the actors on set, that only earned a sheepish smile from Minkyong.

She announced action and everyone stayed silent as the camera rolled. 

After having a satisfying take, it was soon a pack up. Kyungsoo was just getting himself remove his makeup when Ji Hyun came in the tent as well, saying something about how amazingly collected Minkyong was, despite being unaware of Dejun absenting.

"I know, right?" agreed Lee Min Ji, Ji Hyun's best friend on the series. "And may I say how pretty she is with that red lips of hers," she added that earned a few giggles.

Amused, Kyungsoo minded his own business, refusing to embrace the fact that his ears are all perked up at the mention of the assistant director's name. He was, nonetheless, surprised to see Minkyong be more expressive of her ideas for the scene that created a great outcome, he supposed.

She did great.

Some scenes that they did were somewhat influenced by Dejun's style, but since his and Minkyong's methods were not that much of a difference, it still had that kind of aesthetic the whole show was going for.

Even though it was, of course, tough to jump from one thing to another, Minkyong kinda pulled it off.

Exiting from the staff's tent, the 25-year-old lass called the last actors included for the last scene of the day. As her eyes focused on the monitor in front of her and a megaphone in hand, one actor had his eyes set on her as well. Maybe a little too much.

"Kyungsoo-ya, you look like you want to murder her, please stop." The idol's manager put a hand on the latter's shoulder, pushing him lightly.

Kyungsoo's lips parted and a laugh escaped from them in disbelief. "I was looking at her that way?"

"Yeah!"

He scratched the outer of his ear, guessing it must be because he wasn't wearing his eyeglasses that made him look like a murderer on a hunt for its next prey.

Seriousness was the only thing drawn in the assistant director's face and it somehow brought the actor to chuckle by himself, causing his manager to look at him weirdly. What could be so funny? Perhaps the way her brows knit together, and bit her lower lip, and the times she uses her two fingers to pucker her lips as she drowns herself in concentration.

"This guy is getting weirder, I can't keep up..."

As he watched him from a certain distance, Minkyong's fished for her phone in her pocket, eyes lingering still on the actors on set. Her intense gaze suddenly changed, phone almost dropping from her grip.

The scene was supposed to end but without the in-charge exclaiming "cut!", it wouldn't. The actors held their positions, orbs wavering over the assistant director who lost the glint in her eyes.

If Mijoo haven't asked her what was wrong, she wouldn't be able to move from her feet. With a faint voice, she voiced out through the megaphone, "Cut!"

And as if a part of her body was stripped off, she crumbled down to the seat behind her that supported all the weight that fell over her shoulder at the news of the departure of her grandfather.

"Minkyong-a, what happened?"

"Gamdognim, are you okay?"

"Should we call it off?"

"Gamdognim..."

Voices slowly became indistinct, a deafening muteness replacing, infiltrated her ears, tears streaming down her cheeks that daunted her at the realization.

He's gone...

short update bubus </33

sorry for not updating that much in this story. kinda get myself sidetracked at the revisions i'm making with the pact 

im sorryyy