⤖ chapter nineteen

Kyungsoo calling

Kyungsoo calling...

The actor's name displayed on Minkyong's monitor in her car, taking her by surprise and curious as to how he all of a sudden called when she knows he's in a quite busy schedule of his own.

Though flabbergasted, she pressed the receive button on her wheel and a muffled sound rang from the other line in which made her brows twitch.

"Hi! What's up?" she greeted, maintaining her focus on the road as she took a few glances to her sides.

"U-uh, it was just an accident—"

"What accident? You got into an accident? Wait, are you okay? You sound so tense, Kyungsoo-ssi."

There was a shuffle on the other end of the line and Minkyong was starting to get worried as Kyungsoo was just constructing his sentence, his mind turning blank for seconds.

"I mean I just pressed the call button of your contact by accident. I was actually surprised you picked up,"

"Finally, you can speak straight," she tittered. "Thought you got yourself in some kind of trouble, we don't want that for you, honey. Oh darn it! No signals, awesome."

"Wait, are you driving?"

Minkyong maneuvered her wheel on the right, her eyes keenly watching and measuring every movement her car makes as the familiar café near her university was brought in sight.

"Hmm, why?"

"Nothing, you should focus then. You might get yourself in trouble, we don't want that for you, honey."

The 25-year-old lass suppressed a chuckle at how Kyungsoo mimicked her tone just as how she said it earlier.

"Alright. Oh but I forgot to tell you. About your costume, Mijoo Unnie told me you can have it with you,"

"Really? Thank you, could you tell her that?"

"Yup! Okay, I need to hang up now. I have a very important meeting to catch,"

"Uh o-okay. Talk toyou later, good luck on your meeting!"

"You too! Bye!"

With a relaxed countenance, Minkyong stepped out of her car in her casual clothes, the figure of her long time friend catching her gaze by the window of the said cafe brought a smile to her face. From where they stood in their places, they shared warm smiles and waves.

Minkyong pushed the glass door open and the strong good aroma of caffeine danced through the air, infiltrating her nose that give off an even more pleased expression on her face as she walked to where she saw her friend sat.

"Hey, sexy."

The assistant director stifled a chuckle at her friend's greeting.

"Hey, handsome."