Resilience

By iiswatiii

[COMPLETED] "Life doesn't get easier or more forgiving, we get stronger and more resilient." ― Steve Maraboli... More

• Synopsis •
Characters
01| Endless Pain and Untamed Thoughts
02| This is why I don't socialise
03| All Alone with Bunch of Lies
04| A Big Reveal
05| Kneel Down to Talk to Me
06| You've Got yourself a Deal
07| I'm your New House Mate
08| A visit from my monsters
09| I'm a Mafia Princess...That's Hilarious
10| Good thing I didn't ask for your opinion
11| I'm an 80-year-old Shopholic
12| Was that supposed to scare me?
✌🏻✌🏻
13| Who Hurt Her?
14| I Found Her
15| Shut Up...Just Shut Up
16| I Think I Need Help
17| I'm a Terrible Father
18| She ran away...Again?
19| I am your Brother
20| I'm the Lord, I'm the Devil
21| Pieces From the Past
A/N- Please Read
22| Don't let go of my Hand
23| Did he call me an Insect?
24| Enchanting Grey Eyes
25| Faster Faster Faster
26| Condoms cost about a dollar or two
27| First Impressions
Extended Family
28| Periods, Pains, and Ice-creams
29| I'm not your Business Partner
30| I will call the Police
31| Fuck my Fates
32| It Hurts my Heart
33| The one who Broke her
34| The Memories of 'Him'
35| A Gun-shot
36| Poison?
37| A Match of Life 'n' Death
38| Fist-Fight
39| Brothers?
40| Wrongfully accused
41| Hurt and Panics
42| Who Hurt Him?
43| Sniper?
44| Brothers on Sale
45| Pillow fight and bad news
46| Someone poisoned my grandpa?
47| No grandpa can't die
48| Don't touch me
49| The Mafia-Princess
50| Before Kidnapping
51| I have a Plan
53| Why are they mad?
54| Trust?
55| Born in Mafia
56| Kyson
57| Just our thing
Friends
58| Rhett Hayes
59| Aaron Marino
60| I like you
61| Kiss and trouble
62| Beaten and Bruised
63| Bryn
64| I'd call him Daddy
65| Betrayal and His truth
66| Chocolate Cupcake
67| It's a Universal Thing
68| Snapchat
69| The Vampire Diaries
70| Italy
71| The Trials
72| I made out with Rhett
73| I had Sex
74| Attack
75| She was supposed to be dead
76| I pity you
77| A pen-drive
78| We failed them
79| The End?
R E V E N A N T
A/N ✏️
NEW PROJECTS

52| Chaos

34.1K 1.2K 339
By iiswatiii

ALEXANDER'S POV

"We are dead." Kyson muttered, causing me to let out a tired sigh as I made my way to open the door.

My father and uncles were the first to arrive, followed by the rest of my brothers, except Elijah, Vincenzo, Max and Enzo.

They all piled inside the office, with dad and my uncles taking the seats in front of the desk as the rest made themselves scattered around.

"Why'd you call us here?" Dad asked me as I made my way to stand beside Kyson, staring at his laptop and watching the tracker move towards the right side of the building.

"You are not going to like this." I replied which immediately drew the attention of everyone in the room who now looked at me with confused expressions.

Just then Dante entered the room, prompting me to glare at him for putting me in this situation.

He moved to the other side of Kyson, ignoring my deadly glare as he looked into the laptop warily.

"Has anything happened yet?" He asked and Kyson shook his head causing him to sigh and face our audience who looked impatient.

"Will anyone explain?" Mason and Silvio asked together as we noticed everyone staring at us with anticipation.

Just then we heard a knock-like sound from the laptop as the three of us glared at it.

"YOU!!" Arabella yelled, causing all of them to instantly stand up walking towards the desk.

"Was that Ara's voice?" Noah asked while Dante, Kyson and I were still attentively fixated on the laptop.

Who the fuck is this person?

"Yes me, now get in the car. I don't have time for your nonsense." Dante and I exchanged glances, as we heard a very familiar voice.

"Didn't you take her home?" Lucca asked with furrowed brows, looking at Dante who was still glaring at the laptop.

"How dare you? You've been working with the enemies. Did you also poison my grandfather too?" We heard Arabella's angry voice followed by the laughter of the motherfucker.

Everyone's furrowed brows had turned into angry daggers.

"Please tell me you fucking didn't." We looked up to see Dominic glaring at Kyson with a look of recognition in his eyes, causing the latter to look away in guilt.

"WE DIDN'T EVEN TRY IT ON SOMEONE, YOU FUCKING MORON." Dominic yelled as he approached Kyson, only to be held back by Dante.

"We'll explain everything." Kyson said sullenly.

"Explain—" Dad's voice was drowned out by the voice from the laptop.

"Yes, I did. It's actually comical, they would have never guessed it was me- who's been working against them the whole time." As the voice finished, I gritted my teeth in anger as I turned to punch the wall at the back.

We are fucking dumb

"He was right under our noses, the entire fucking time." I snarled as my anger resurfaced, feeling betrayed by someone I'd once considered a brother.

"Now, princess, I have been ordered to not hurt you. But I won't hold back on roughing you up if you keep this up." I heard his voice with some sounds of shuffling and struggling as I turned to glare at the laptop

"I'm going to make him beg for death." Dante growled as he pulled his gun out and just as he was about to walk towards the door, I grabbed his arm to stop him, which was a struggle because I myself wanted to do the same.

"Don't touch me." Arabella's panicked voice reached my ear as we all stood frozen staring at the laptop wide-eyed.

"Fuck this— I'm going." I said as I dashed towards the door with Dante following behind.

"Wait, they said they'd kill one more person here if they found out she told anyone of us. There has to be more than one person working for them, we need to be careful, don't do anything to put her in danger and jeopardize this whole thing." Kyson said as he looked at his laptop angrily causing us to turn around and yelp in frustration.

"Whatever, put this over your head and hand me your fucking phone as well as any of your jewellery you're wearing. We don't want anyone following us around, do we?" We heard the bastard's voice as the rage inside of me grew bigger as I anxiously paced around the office.

Then we heard someone being slammed to a metal presumably the car as my hands started itching for a kill.

I was feeling hopelessly scared for my little sister.

"I told you not to touch me." Arabella yelled again, causing me to shoot the wall in front of me feeling helpless.

Dante took away my gun and I didn't fight back.

"Get over yourself, I'm just checking to see if you have any weapons on you, now get in the car." His voice came from the laptop.

My hands were yearning to be coloured red, but only with his blood.

We heard sounds of shuffling and a click of metal as we heard Arabella protesting. After that we heard the sounds of car doors opening and closing as the car started to move— Dante, Dominic and I rushed towards Kyson to see the tracker moving as the car sped off.

We can hear the sounds of heavy breathing but no other conversation came from the laptop.

"Explain to me what just happened in the last few minutes and why was Arabella with Ben." Dad asked very calmly but his eyes were burning in fury.

I sighed, knowing that this was not going to end well.

My brothers were still scowling at the laptop, occasionally turning to glare at us three.

I quickly explained everything to them, including Arabella's plan. With every word I spoke, everyone's anger grew bigger and bigger, which was clearly visible in their stance.

After I finished they all glared at Dante, Kyson and I.

"I will fucking kill you." Mason yelled at Kyson as he lunged towards his twin, but was held back by Matthew who was also glaring at us.

Dad looked awfully calm, which made him look even more sinister.

"So you're telling me, you willingly let my daughter be used as bait for them?" Dad asked menacingly, his gaze locked on mine.

I gulped in fear but kept a straight face.

I just nodded my head and the next thing happened so quickly, he pulled out his gun and pointed it towards me and in an instant, I yelped in pain, clutching onto my now bleeding arm.

"You fucking Bastard." Dad gritted his teeth as his jaw tightened, he was about to shoot me again, but was held back by uncle Matteo.

"I'm going to get her back, tell me where are they going." Matthew said as he looked at Kyson.

"I've got the tracker app on my phone, let's go." Dominic said as he made his way towards the door not before glaring at the three of us.

Everyone else followed them.

"Wait." I said, clutching my arm even tighter to apply pressure to the wound so as to stop it from bleeding.

Thankfully, dad didn't put a bullet in my body, which only grazed my arm. I'm pretty sure he would have if uncle Matteo hadn't intervened.

"I wouldn't talk anymore if I were you." Emilio said angrily.

"I'm just saying we need to get the ladies to safety as well, there could be more moles for all we know." I said with a sigh.

"All right, you bring them and your grandfather upstairs to the safe room, and hand all the ladies a gun they can very well handle themselves, and make sure that only doctor Reme is in the room with them, so he can look after your grandfather. Call Elijah and Vincenzo and tell them everything." Dad said, and then nodded to Dominic as the two of them walked out of the door, the rest following them.

"Who's calling Elijah and Vincenzo?" I asked Dante and Kyson as we were the only three left in the room.

"I'll do it, you go get the ladies and rest in the safe room and get yourself patched up." Dante said, taking his phone out.

"Meet you outside in five—" I said as I made my way out of the office.

I dashed to the waiting room and dismissed the new recruits while explaining to the rest of the guards to stay on the lookout, making sure it didn't look suspicious.

They quickly went on it while I briefly explained everything to the ladies and handed each of them a gun.

It was only my grandma, aunties and Clara (Santiago's wife) present, she had already sent her kids home and have now insisted on staying with the ladies.

She took one of the guns for herself and then they all made their way to the safe room.

"Call me immediately if anything happens and call for backup, make sure they remain safe at all cost." I said to the head guard.

After that I ran all the way down towards the parked car where Kyson and Dante were waiting.

Dante was driving so I quickly slid into the passenger seat and he drove away.

"Here patch your arm, we won't be able to help her if you bleed yourself to death." Kyson said as he handed me the medical bag and I proceeded to dress my wound.

"Elijah and Vincenzo had found the component in the black market. They are on their way to the lab and I've told them to stay with the ladies after, they are pretty pissed." Dante sighed and I looked ahead to see that he had already caught onto the guys.

We drove ahead of everyone else as we heard a beeping sound on the tracker.

"They've stopped just 15 minutes from here." Kyson said.

After that we stayed in the car listening to the conversation Arabella had with Ben as he forced her to walk inside some building.

We could hear footsteps and the sound of a shutter falling down, as well as Arabella's cries to open it.

Then we heard the voice of another person who asked her to come near him. The whole conversation was making me angry and my blood was boiling.

My heart aches just thinking about what Arabella must be going through right now. My little sister was as all by herself, terrified, and I couldn't do anything about it.

"Why do you have so many people surrounding the warehouse?" We heard Arabella's voice as I turned to face Dante, whose eyes had already hardened, he clutched the steering wheel and pressed harder on the pedal.

We kept hearing their conversation, and my eyes almost bulged out of their sockets when that asshole told her about us being in the Mafia.

This was not how we intended for her to find out. We were going to tell her ourselves, but now everything is messed up.

Her voice sounded so scared as if she couldn't believe it. My heart broke into pieces when I heard the fright in her voice.

"She will hate us." Kyson mumbled and our glares hardened even more.

We soon parked a little further away from the warehouse, while the other cars parked behind us. They all got out with guns in their hands and walked towards us.

Kyson placed his laptop on the bonnet of the car and we all surrounded it.

Everyone looked both scared and enraged, as they knew our cover had been blown off.

Arabella was now aware about the mafia, and we had no idea how'd she react.

She always surprises us in that regard, but I was still terrified of her not accepting us at all.

But we can't dwell on that at the moment.

"Everyone be ready, the warehouse is surrounded by their people so be careful, and let's go and show those motherfuckers who they messed with." I said as I loaded my gun and took another from the trunk of my car, putting it in the waistband of my pants.

"The shutter's also locked." I said as I pulled out two grenades and handed them to a furious looking Matthew.

I took the smoke bombs while giving the smoke-clearing glasses and masks to the rest.

The moment we heard a scream from Arabella we all ran towards the warehouse. Matthew quickly threw the grenade at shutter as it blew open, filling the entire area with smoke.

Time to create chaos

I immediately lit the smoke bombs and hurled them inside the warehouse and we all wore our glasses to look clearly.

We took advantage of that opportunity to quickly shoot the two men hovering over Arabella, who was laying on the floor barely conscious.

I walked inside and began shooting every person who came into my sight.

The rest of my brothers followed my lead and shot in pairs, with one remaining to keep an eye out for another.

The men on their side were shooting aimlessly because of the smoke, so we managed to take down a huge amount of them pretty quickly.

Soon the smoke cleared away, making the surroundings more visible.

I noticed a bald guy holding an unconscious Arabella, trying to bolt away, so without any delay I shot right at his legs, which resulted in his hold on Arabella being broken causing her to fall down.

He quickly drew his gun and pointed it at my little sister.

Huge fucking mistake–

"Everyone stop now before I shoot her." He yelled, causing us all to stop and we raised our hands in the air and stared at him.

"Now we are going to leave, and if any of you tried to make a move, I will shoot her." He warned all of us but the panic in his voice and actions were clear.

He was terrified of us.

Matthew and I exchanged a look, who was standing at the peripheral vision of that asshole.

"Go for it." I said taking a daring step forward towards him, and the rest of my brothers stood behind me glaring at him.

"What-t?" The bastard stuttered in shock, and his hands trembled as he pointed the gun at her.

He wasn't going to hurt my sister, because based on his earlier conversation with Arabella, I already knew the people behind all of this were out to capture my sister alive.

"I told you to do it, you're the only one who's still alive right now. We've killed all of your men and if you hurt my sister, you'll sign a guaranteed warrant of years long of torture." I said as I stood a few feet away from him, crossing my arms in front of my chest glaring at the guy.

His undivided attention was on me which was exactly what I needed.

And before the man could say anything, Matthew walked up from behind him and instantly locked the man's arms in a tight hold, quickly pulling him away from Arabella while removing the gun from his hand.

Now that's more like it

He then began throwing punches one after the other and nobody stopped him, as we quickly rushed towards Arabella.

Dad held her in his arms trying to wake her up.

Her cheeks were swollen with a large bruise and a cut on her bottom lip.

We looked for any other injuries but thankfully found none. After that dad picked her up and rushed her to the car, while the rest of my brothers followed.

I went towards Matthew and pulled him back while he struggled to let free, in my arms.

"We need him alive." I said as he gave him one last kick, and turned to stand beside Dante, who had just removed his phone from his ear.

"It was Vincenzo, Santiago was able to make the antidote in time and Grandpa's stable now." He said, causing us to sigh in relief.

"There's more, they've captured the asshole." He said with a sinister smile, which made me smirk in response.

"Time to deal with that bastard." I said happily as we all made our way outside.

✏️ Word Count: 2704

A/N: A very Happy Diwali 🪔 to my Wattpad family. Love you guys so much 💖

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 35.1K 68
~ongoing~ ~unedited~ After eleven year old Parker is faced with her stepfather's death, she has to move in with her five older brothers. Her newly...
5.8M 156K 85
"No, I'm an only child.What do you mean by I have brothers? " Follow Anastasia Rosaline Blade through her journey. Overcoming abuse, PTSD, depression...
36.6K 444 17
Arabela feels as if she has no place in the world, she feels lost. Arabella Hernandez is a young girl that got kidnapped by her mother at the age of...
513K 12.5K 65
Book 1 of 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝕱𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙𝖈𝖑𝖚𝖇 𝖘𝖊𝖗𝖎𝖊𝖘 𖤓 𝔖𝔥𝔢 𝔠𝔬𝔫𝔮𝔲𝔢𝔯𝔢𝔡 𝔞𝔩𝔩 𝔥𝔢𝔯 𝔡𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔫𝔰 𝔞𝔫𝔡 𝔴𝔬𝔯𝔢 𝔥𝔢𝔯 𝔰𝔠𝔞𝔯𝔰 𝔩𝔦𝔨𝔢...