GINGERSNAPS

由 theginger412

Olivia Evans, who was given up at birth by her mother, Petunia, later finds out that she is a witch. Just whe... 更多

1. The Past meets The Future
2. Settling In
3. Lemonade
4. Flash
5. Captured Moments
6. Breaking Through
7. Scolded
8. Beaten Up
9. Petrified
10. Safe
11. Leaky Cauldron
12. Respects
13. Challenged
14. Slashed
15. Mischief Managed
16. Yearbook
17. Bring The Lion Out
18. The Cup
19. Moony
20. Contact
21. Toffee
22. Strawberry Ice Cream
23. The World Cup
24. Her Heart
25. Moody
26. The Tournament
27. Her Name
28. Her Wand
29. Her Dragon
30. The First Task
31. Her Flame
32. Love Potion
33. The Yule Ball
34. The Second Task
35. Birthdays
36. The Third Task
37. Graveyard
38. Her Friend
39. In Memory
40. Grimmauld Place
41. Pieces of Her
42. Inked
43. Lavender Tea
44. Uncle
45. Firewhiskey
47. The Hearing
48. Treacle Tart
49. Evans
50. Her Boggart
51. Kings Cross
52. Bloody Mess
53. Skeleton
54. Playing with Fire
55. Last, First Match
56. Attacked
57. St. Mungos
58. Honey
59. P for Percy
60. Drooble's Best Blowing Gum
61. Her Letters and Feathers
62. Occlumency
63. Not Tonight
64. Cornish Pixies
65. Red Lace
66. Yellow Paint
67. Sacked
68. Changes and Captures
69. Style
70. Adventure's End
71. Blowing Kisses
72. Stunned
73. Evans
74. Her Death
75. Cracks In Their World
76. From The Ashes
77. Her Funeral
78. Her First
79. Broomsticks & Sunsets
80. The Return
81. Scars
82. Permission
83. Paints and Pranks
84. Red
85. Normal
86. Vials and Stakes
87. Blood Oath
88. Arm Sling
89. Trunk of Photos
90. Never Know
91. In This Life
92. Melted Metal

46. Ministry of Magic

2.6K 71 3
由 theginger412

That night Olivia did wait until the nightmares came. She waited until the house was asleep and creeped into the twins room, and crawled into bed with Fred.

When she put her weight on the mattress he woke, "Bad Dream?" He asked her sleepily.

"Not yet, but I really just need to be with my boys tonight." She said sliding under the covers he pulled her into his chest, and began playing with her hair.

George rolled over, "Everything okay, Ollie?" He whispered.

"Yeah, just on edge about Harry's hearing." She told him.

"He'll be fine, if Fred and me haven't gotten expelled yet than he's more than fine." George reassured her.

"Yeah you're right, Goodnight George, Goodnight Fred." She said.

"Goodnight, Ollie." They chorused.

The next morning Sirius went to Olivias room to wake her up. But she wasn't in there. Instead she rose with the sun and wrapped her blanket around her and left the boys room.

Sirius stood on the landing watching her close the door. She smiled sleepily at him, "Morning Uncle Padfoot."

"Don't you try and Uncle Padfoot me! What are you doing coming out of the twins room?" He whispered yelled.

She chuckled, "You don't have anything to worry about. I just slept in their room so I wouldn't be alone when the nightmares came." She shrugged her shoulders walking to her room to grab a few things then went down the stairs.

Still in her Irish Quidditch team Jersey and pajama pants she headed to the kitchen, Sirius closely behind.

"Well... I can understand the nightmares, but I do think I have something to worry about coming out a boys room that I've seen you be quite affectionate with."

"It's not like that. Fred and George are nothing romantic to me, and I'm affectionate with the people I love, even if they are friends. I like having people in my life that I can be that way with, I didn't get very many growing up." She waved him off.

"So you don't have anything going on with either of the twins?" He asked.

"No, I promise. And I don't break promises. Even Mrs. Weasley understands it, don't you?" She asked walking into the kitchen where Mr. and Mrs. Weasley, Remus, and Charlie sat.

"Understand what dear?" Mrs. Weasley said flipping some bacon.

"My friendship with the twins."

"Oh yeah, even though I would love to have Ollie as a daughter in law, which I'm still holding out on- she's Fred and George's best friend. And that's all I'm afraid." The mother joked. Olivia squeezed her shoulder passing by to make herself tea.

"Ollie, I've got you a cup on the table. I was making myself one, thought I would make you one too." Said Charlie sitting at the table.

Olivia shuffled over and took a seat next to Remus. "Thank you Charlie." She said sweetly. Sirius sat next to Arthur.

"So nothing to worry about?" He asked her again.

"Nothing to worry about," she reassured him. Olivia slide two chocolate bars to Remus next to her, and he pocketed them quickly.

Olivia sipped on her tea, and opened her fathers book, Little Women. Running a finger over the ink scribbled on the edges of the page.

"I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship." Remus said, Olivia looked up at him.

"Amy March," she said smiling.

"Wonderful story. Wonderful characters." He said

"It's my favorite," Olivia said smiling at the worn down copy in her hand. The cover cloth was peeling around the edges, the spine was broken from its many uses. The pages aged yellow.

"I can tell by the looks of that book," Remus joked.

"This isn't my copy, I found in Regulus' room." She said.

Sirius seemed to peek interest in the conversation, "You found that book in his room?" He asked her.

"Yeah, but I don't think he wanted anyone to know his preferred reading materials. He had a few Muggle books." She told them.

Sirius face contorted into confused, but didn't say anything else. The conversation changed topics and more others joined the kitchen for breakfast.

When the twins came in yawning, Olivia stood up and poured Fred a glass of pumpkin juice, and placed a plate of toast and eggs in from of George.

She picked out the blueberries in her porridge and put them in Fred's, pushing the bowl in front of him. Sirius sat in his seat just watching the girl with her friends.

More every day he seen Regulus in her. They favored lavender tea, and hated blueberries. She was right handed but used her left for most things, just like he did.

But she cared for people like Lily did. After James and Lily got together, she took all the marauders under her wing, Lily knew how to be a mother before she even had Harry, because she mothered all of them first.

Sirius sat lost in his thoughts. Olivia stood up to get changed and ready for the day. When she left, George looked at her bowl of porridge next to him, he was taking his own to the sink and was going to grab hers.

But the bowl was basically full, with one or two bites taken out of it. He was confused because porridge was her favorite breakfast. George decided to just write it off as she wasn't hungry, and cleared the dishes away.

After Mrs. Weasley got them all cleaning again, they took a break. Olivia decided to work on her painting some that she had been working on for a couple days. Using the sketches as references, she was getting closer to finishing it.

The twins laid out on her bed while she painted by the window, Ginny, Hermione, Harry, and Ron sat in the floor playing Exploding Snap.

Harry came up behind her looking over her shoulder, "It's looking great Ollie... I can't wait to see it finished." He told her.

She turned and gave him a soft smile, and he went back to his game.

That night during dinner, Mrs. Weasley turned to Harry and said, "I've ironed your best clothes for tomorrow morning, Harry, and I want you to wash your hair tonight too. A good first impression can work wonders."

The conversations died out around the table. "How am I getting there?" He asked.

"Arthur's taking you and Ollie to work with him." Mrs. Weasley answered.

"You both can wait in my office until it's time for the hearing." Mr.Weasley said smiling.

Harry looked over at Sirius, Mrs. Weasley spoke up, "Professor Dumbledore still stands by that he thinks it's not a good idea for Sirius to go with you and I must say I-"

"Think he's quite right." Said Sirius through clenched teeth.

"We asked him again just to make sure." Olivia said sweetly to Harry, trying to take some of the bitterness out of the room.

"When did that happen?" Harry asked, looking at Sirius.

"Dumbledore came last night when you were in bed." Answered Mr.Weasley. Sirius moodily stabbed his potatoes with his fork.

The next morning Olivia woken up earlier than normal. She got out of bed and got dressed for the hearing.

She made her hair pen straight with a middle part. Put on navy skinny leg slacks, a cornflower blue silk blouse that tied at the neck, and navy heels to match.

By no means was it an normal Olivia Evans outfit, but she felt that if she was going to represent Harry's family she needed to do it right.

After getting ready she head down stairs to the kitchen. She painted on her smile, and gave the illusion that she was calm and collected. Inside the kitchen, Mr. and Mrs. Weasley, Sirius, Lupin, and Tonks, sat.

"Good morning everyone!" Said Olivia taking a seat at the table.

They greeted her back. The tension in the room was suffocating. Mrs. Weasley sat chatting with her, "Ollie dear are you sure you don't want to wear a skirt I can press it for you real quick."

"I'm fine, but thank you. I wear enough skirts at school, and besides, powerful woman can be just as powerful in pants as any man can." Olivia said shrugging her shoulders.

Tonks who was half asleep, "That's right-t-t Ollie." She yawned.

Harry came in dressed and ready to go. Mrs.Weasley instantly stood up fussing over Harry's breakfast. After handing him some toast she continued to fuss, over his shirt. Tucking the label, and smoothing out the creases.

Olivia was listening to Remus and Tonks talk about Scimgeour. And how Tonks was too tired to take her shift tonight, so Mr. Weasley told her he would cover for her.

Mr. Weasley turned to Harry, "how are you feeling?" He asked.

Harry shrugged.

"It'll all be over soon, in a few hours time you'll be cleared." Mr. Weasley said. "The hearing is on my floor in Amelia bones office. She's head of the department of Magical Law enforcement and she's the one who'll be questioning you."

"Amelia Bones is okay, Harry." Said Tonks. "She's fair, she'll hear you out." Harry only nodded.

"Don't lose your temper," said Sirius abruptly. "Be polite and stick to the facts." Harry nodded again.

"The laws on your side," said Lupin quietly. "Even underage wizards are allowed to use magic in life threatening situations."

Mrs.Weasley started attacking Harry's hair with a wet comb, pressing hard on his head. "Doesn't it ever lie flat?" She said.

"If it's anything like mine it doesn't, my hair is only like this because I used loads of potion to get it this way." Said Olivia snorting, at Harry's face of pain.

Mr. Weasley stood up and checked his watch. "I think we'll go now, we're a bit early but I think you'll be better off there than hanging around here." He said.

Olivia and Harry got to their feet. Tonks patted Harry's arm.

"You'll be all right Harry," Tonks said.

"Good luck." Said Lupin, "I'm sure it will be fine."

"And If it is not." Said Sirius grimly. "I'll see to Amelia Bones for you..."

"Don't worry, Sirius, I'll get to her first."said Olivia, trying to reassure her uncle. Mrs.Weasley hugged them goodbye.

"We've all got our fingers crossed." She told him, as the followed Mr.Weasley down the hall. Olivia slipped on her coat and grabbed her bag. And the three left Grimmauld place.

Along the way to the Underground they chatted about different things, such as Muggle inventions and different ways to get into the Ministry.

Once they finally made it to a red telephone box, that looks very old with glass panels missing and ran down.

"Gonna be a tight fit, but we'll make it work." Mr.Weasley said, after letting Olivia and Harry go inside and then joined them.

"Mr.Weasley I think this might be out of order." Said Harry.

"No no I'm sure it's fine." Mr.Weasley said picking up the reviver. "Let's see.... 6....2...4...4...2."

Olivia looked at Harry just ad confused.

"Welcome to the Ministry of Magic. Please state your name and business." Said a cool female voice from the phone.

"Er..." Mr. Weasley said clearly uncertain whether he should talk into the receiver or not. He compromised by holding the mouthpiece to his ear. "Arthur Weasley, Misuse of Muggle Artifacts office, here to escort Harry Potter who had been asked to attend a disciplinary hearing, and Olivia Evans who is his guardian for today...."

Olivia gave Harry a smile to comfort him.

"Thank you, visitors please take the badge and attach it to the front of your robes." Said the female voice again. There was a click and a rattle and something slide out of the metal chute where coins usually appeared. They both pinned the badges to the front of there shirts.

"Visitors to the Ministry you are required to submit to a search and present your wand for registration at the security desk, which is located at the far end of the Atrium."

Then the telephone box started sinking slowly into the ground. Eventually it stopped and the door sprang open.

"The Ministry of Magic wishes you a pleasant day."

Olivia snorted, "Doubtful." Harry cracked a smile at her. Following Mr.Weasley. Olivia pulled Harry along who's mouth was hung open by the sight of all the people and the large statue fountain. Mr.Weasley directed them to the Security station.

"I'm escorting visitors." He told the guard.

"Step over here." Said the wizard in a bored voice. He passed a golden rod up and down front to back over Harry and Olivia.

"Wands." Grunted the man. Harry and Olivia handed them over.

"11 inches Phoenix feather core been in use 4 years, that correct?"

"Yes" said Harry nervously.

"11 1/2 inches, dragon heartstring, Been in use 6 years?"

"Correct." Olivia said.

"I keep these, you get this back." The man spiked two slips of parchment on the desk and handed back the wands.

"Thank you." They told the man

"Hang on..." the man said eyeing Harry's badge.

"Thank you Eric." Said Mr. Weasley firmly steering them away front the desk. Eventually Olivia found herself inside a lift, looking around, why Mr.Weasley chatted with a few people and Harry.

Finally they got off on level two, and followed Mr. Weasley to his office. They ran into Kingsley as they passed by different departments.

"Morning Weasley, I've been wanting a word with you, have you got a second?" Kingsley said.

"Yes if it really is a second I'm in rather a hurry." Said Mr.Weasley.

Harry looked confused by the interaction and was going to say something to Kingsley, but at the same time as Olivia did, so did Mr.Weasley stepped on Harry's feet.

Harry looked at Olivia, and she shook her head slightly. The two adults came back and was taking nonsenses about a report that held up the Aurors. Mr.Weasley leaned in and whispered to Kingsley, "If you get away before seven, Molly's making meatballs."

Olivia whispered, "And I'm making treacle tart." Earning a smile from Kingsley.

Mr.Weasley beckoned they follow and led them to his office. They sat talking about regurgitating toilets and Perkins came in, Mr.Weasleys co-worker.

Perkins explained that an urgent message came saying that Harry's hearings time and venue has been changed. Starting at 8, in courtroom 10.

Mr.Weasley was frantically moving, telling them to hurry.

"Why have they changed the time?" Asked Harry.

"I've no idea but thank goodness we got here so early if you'd missed it, it would have been catastrophic."

"Come on!" Said Mr.Weasley skidding to a halt at the lifts. "Those courtrooms haven't been used in years, I can't think why they're doing it down there, unless.... But no...."

Olivia didn't like the sound of any of this. Finally they made it to the level of Department of Mysteries. They practically ran down the flight of stairs and made it outside the courtroom.

Mr.Weasley panted, "Go on, get in there."

"Aren't you coming-" Harry started to say.

"He's not allowed but I am, come on Harry." Olivia said dragging him to the door.

"Good luck!" Mr.Weasley called behind them.

"Thank you!" Olivia called back, before the door closed behind them.

繼續閱讀

You'll Also Like

96.9K 2.3K 36
Y/n Wood, sister of Oliver Wood, is a popular Gryffindor student with many friends at Hogwarts. Her life is going well as her bond with George Weasl...
208K 6.5K 28
Athene Atkinson had never been one to step into the limelight. She was quite content to sit in her little bookshop in Diagon Alley day in and day out...
793 20 25
Y/N Darkwood lost her parents at a young age and rarely remembers them. She grew up in an orphanage in the Wizard World. The one thing she did know a...
99.2K 2.3K 90
"Whatever memories and moments define who you are or who you want to be, this one was among his." _ The second Sarah McCauley stepped over the thresh...