Checkmate: THE NEXT LEVEL (R)

By Love_Bri94

Mya and Chris take on the married life. Will they be able to handle all of the obstacles that it brings Tim... More

One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
TwentyTwo
TwentyThree
TwentyFour
TwentyFive
TwentySix
TwentySeven
TwentyEight
TwentyNine
Thirty
ThirtyOne
ThirtyTwo
ThirtyThree
ThirtyFour
ThirtyFive
ThirtySix
ThirtySeven
ThirtyEight
ThirtyNine
Forty
FortyOne
FortyTwo
FortyThree
FortyFour
FortyFive
FortySix
FortySeven
FortyEight
FortyNine
Fifty
FiftyOne
FiftyTwo
FiftyThree
FiftyFour
FiftyFive
FiftySix
FiftySeven
FiftyEight
🫢🏽
FiftyNine
Sixty
SixtyOne
SixtyTwo
🫠
Bonus Ch.1 - Breezy Knows Best
Bonus Ch.2 - Chatting With the Andersons
Bouns Ch 3. - Causing Trouble
πŸ™„πŸ˜’

TwentyOne

4.5K 303 314
By Love_Bri94

Chapter TwentyOne
Timothy Anderson
Sinai Grace - Later That Day

It felt like my whole world was standing still right now. I'm really a dad. Picking up his tiny  hand, I softly rubbed it. No I didn't want to share this moment with Syren, but this has to be one of the best feelings ever. He was so perfect and so tiny like I'm really responsible for this little human being for the rest of my life.

I can't believe it.

"Congratulations son." My mom said while placing her hand on my shoulder.

I smiled and looked up at her. "Thank you."

She hadn't really said much since we got here. Syren's parents were here too and they tried to make small talk but nobody really responded.

"We're going to head back to Malibu, if you need anything call us." My dad said while opening the door.

I just nodded and they left.

I know if the circumstances were different and a decent human being would've gave birth to my child they would've stuck around. Syren has caused so much damage and still is. Maybe if she would've apologized at her therapy session instead of making shit worse they'd be a little more excited.

"Your parents hate me, don't they?" Syren asked.

I looked up at her then let out a small laugh. "What you expected them to be in here crying and jumping for joy?"

"I'm sure they did when Mya had that little boy."

"Dawg! What the fuck is up with you and this obsession with Mya? Like damn man. You don't like her so don't bring her up."

"I'm just stating the obvious, you just had your first child and they all stood there like it meant nothing, that doesn't bother you not even a little bit."

"You think they're not excited about my first child? Nah they issue who my first child's mother is, you so fucking miserable. I don't even know you even like this. What you mad for Syren? You still wishing you had Mya's life? Is that what it is?"

"I do not want her life, trust me."

"Then what's yo problem? Why you bitter?"

"I'm not bitter, I'm just not dumb."

"Nah you dumb and bitter. You must've thought having my kid would've miraculously changed your life but that ain't happening. You had it good Syren, my sister made you was straight. If she was eating you was eating. But because she had Chris you switched up. I'm so tired of yo shit Syren. Get over it, let it go. Mya don't give a fuck about you and I don't either." Standing up, I took the baby to her. "Ima head back to Malibu, let me know when y'all get home."

"You really ain't shit Tim!"

"You knew that when you fucked me." I shrugged and walked out the door.

I text Brian and told him to turn around and come get me. I saw my child being born, I did my due diligence and now I'm headed back to my vacation. I probably would've stayed but like always this miserable bitch gotta try to be messy and what she not about to do is bring my parents into her bullshit.

You started problems between their daughters after everything my family has done for you, why the fuck would they like you?

I stood at the door waiting for them to pull back up.

"Hey." Someone behind me said.

My eyebrows furrowed as I looked around, then I stopped at a familiar face. "Hey." I smiled at the fine ass girl approaching me.

"You don't remember me do you?" She laughed.

"My memory is terrible I'm sorry."

"I came into your dads restaurant, you tried to use Chris Brown's son to help you get my number and he exposed you." She laughed again. "Amber....does that name ring a bell?"

It don't but let me lie. "Ooooohhh yeeeeeah. I do remember, what's up?"

"Nothing much. I guess you forgetting about me is why you haven't used my number huh?"

Yup

"Naw man, it's just been a lot going on. I promise I didn't forget about you."

"Mmhm, so what you doing here? You don't look like you were just released soooo...."

"I was visiting a friend. I'm guessing you work here due to the scrubs you're wearing. What you a nurse?"

"I am. I work on the maternity ward."

"The who?"

"Where the babies are born Tim."

"Oh you remember my name?" I flashed my winning smile.

"I do unfortunately."

I laughed. "Why is that unfortunate?"

"You forgot all about me. I don't need you thinking I'm sweating you because I remembered your name."

"Nobody is thinking that sweetheart, you just probably got good memory. You have to being a nurse right?"

"That is true, but my shift starts in about fifteen minutes so I have to go. It's was nice seeing you though."

"You too Amber. Ima hit you up."

"You ain't gotta lie to me baby."

I bit down on my lip. "Trust me, ima hit you up."

"I'll be waiting, bye Tim."

"Bye beautiful."

She chuckled then turned and walked away. Lil mama fine as hell, how did I let her slip my mind. But that won't be happening again.

A horn blew, causing me to look outside. "COME ON NIGGA!" Brian yelled. I really can't stand that nigga and even though he patched shit up with Chris, I still don't really trust him. When we first got to Malibu he was still salty and then when it was just us three chilling, he was throwing shots then you wake up the next morning ready to FINALLY come to yo senses that you mad for nothing? Something don't feel right.

I gotta talk to Mya and Chris.

•••

We finally made it back to Malibu and I was damn near ready to get out and walk on the way here. Brian was asking dumb questions and my momma and daddy just argued over stupid shit.

When we pulled up to the house, I jumped out the car so fucking fast and hurried inside, but stopped at the sight of gifts and balloons everywhere.

"Congratulations baby brother." Mariah said while coming to give me a hug.

"Thank you sis. Man y'all ain't have to do this."

"We definitely did. At the end of the day, that is our nephew and we're going to spoil him just like we spoil everybody else." Mya said.

"I really appreciate it. But how y'all know I was coming back?"

"Because we know you fool."

I laughed while walking over to the bags and looked inside. They were huge bags too. "This is dope man."

"So what's his name? Where are the pictures?" Kayla asked.

I pulled my phone out my pocket. A text message from Amber was there. Oh this girl is persistent...I like it. I read the message. 'Ig I'll text you first since you're so forgetful' I sent back an emoji 😏 then went to my pictures and passed them my phone.

"Oh he is handsoooome!" Mariah said. "You definitely got on her nerves Tim this looks just like your baby pictures."

"Y'all know I wanted to put that bitch in a headlock damn near everyday." I said.

"What's his name?! We need details." Mya said while wrapping her arms around me.

"His name is Noah after her brother that passed away."

"Anderson right?"

"Duh fool. My first son, he was definitely having my last name."

"I can't wait to see you in daddy mode. Even though you teach these kids some crazy shit, you're really good with your nieces and nephews." My mom said.

"I can't wait either. I'm nervous because this is my full responsibility, but I'm ready."

"Anything you need you, you got me bro." Chris said and just like I expected Brian did some slick shit. He rolled his eyes.

"Brian, don't be jealous ima call you too."

Brian laughed. "What you talking about? You know you got me, I ain't even gotta say it."

"Let's look through these gifts. It's so much cute shit Tim. You know we gotta keep him fly cause his momma is a bum. And don't let none of this shit go to her house, you know she broke and might try to resell it." Mariah said.

She ain't got no chill dawg.

Omniscient

After celebrating Tim's new addition, the chef came and cooked then they decided to chill and talk.

Everybody had their drinks, Tim and Chris were on their second blunt, the moment was chill....for now.

"Alright, I got a question." Brian spoke up making everybody look at him.

"I know it's some bullshit but we listening." Tim said before taking a pull from his blunt.

"This is for you Chris and the only reason I'm asking is because I've always been curious."

"Told y'all, it's about to be some messy bullshit."

Chris laughed. "I'm listening."

"Now, from what I could remember, you were never spotted with a dark skin woman. It was always some exotic looking female. Then along came Mya." Brian said.

"Alright, what's the question? Cause you just rambling."

"Did you marry my sister because of all the backlash you received about the way you treated dark skin women?"

Tim just burst out laughing. This question further confirms that his brother apology to Chris was far from sincere.

"You don't have to answer that Chris." Mya said. She exhaled while rubbing the bottom of the her stomach trying to comfort the contractions.

"I wanna answer it." Chris shrugged. "Yeah, at a point in time darker toned women or fully black women weren't on my radar. In Hollywood they brainwash you to believe that those are the type to avoid. They try to convince us that they have bad attitudes, money hungry, not submissive, to just avoid them at all cost and that women from other cultures will take whatever you dish. I thought that was the life I wanted. I can go get me a bad ass foreign chick or whatever and she gone let me live my best life as long as I'm waving my money in her face. That sounds like a dream right? So that's what I went after. Until this beautiful woman walked out of her apartment the day before Memorial Day almost 6 years ago. I married her because she's simply amazing. It ain't got nothing to do with her skin tone and I ain't gotta prove shit to nobody. She came in my life and she opened my eyes to see that I've been living in a box all these years. If people think I did this to prove something, they can think that. I married Mya because I love her. That's all, that's it."

A blank look fell on Brian's face, while everybody else's held a huge smile.

"This nigga questioning you about who you with while his baby mama or wife, a white woman." Tim said. "You were raised by and with nothing but beautiful black women but as soon as you moved out you jumped right on top of something foreign, you a fucking hypocrite....Bitch ass nigga."

"Here you go Tim, kissing ass." Brian laughed before getting up.

"We was just cool bro, what happened?" Chris laughed while staring at Brian with hate clear as day in his eyes. He tried to tolerate this man but that's over.

"Y'all have a nice night."

"Sad." Chris shook his head before relighting the blunt.

"What the hell is wrong with that man? It gotta be more than him trying to protect Mya. Chris did you fuck this nigga wife or something?" Mariah asked, mainly it was the liquor talking but it caused Mya to perk up.

"Y'all brother just fucking crazy, that's all." Chris laid on Mya's shoulder.

She stared at Mariah and Tim looked at both of them while his brain was trying to process what he just heard and how much sense the shit made.

"Oh shit." Tim whispered.

Up in Brian's room, he sat in front of his MacBook. He listened over and over to the recording of Chris from tonight and from when he apologized.

Eventually everything Chris said begin to get switched around until it sounded believable then it was sent to blogs from an anonymous email.

By the morning Chris would once again be canceled for being a colorist, sexist, who used his wife to be accepted by the world again.

——————————

Amber

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

292K 10.7K 63
She never thought she would find someone that she could fall so fast in love with. He changed everything. He showed her that she could have someone...
104 13 14
Tia and Marquis are back! After rekindling their relationship Tia and Marquis move to New Jersey and Marquis gets caught back up in the drug life. Ti...
7.7K 343 44
Ever been in a relationship and it ends but you still love that person and you know they love you? But when you try to love others feelings get hurt...
7.9K 457 37
Jordan is facing years in federal prison, while Giselle is forced to hold down the household on her own. She moves her children and business to Los...