Army Brat

By Amber16Rose

Meet Arianna Star, she moves around a lot because of her mom's job, she never stays in one place for very lon... More

Army Brat
Army Brat
Army Brat Ch,3
Army Brat. Ch.4
Army Brat Ch.5
Army Brat Ch.6
Army brat Ch.7
Army Brat. Ch8
Army Brat Ch.9
Army Brat CH.10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17

Chapter 14

150 3 0
By Amber16Rose

Seeing Brittany and Josh hold hands and kiss makes my stomach churn. And the thing that makes me even madder that there intertwined fingers and flirty comments is that it shouldn't be. My stomach shoulder be trying to empty itself on the lunchroom table. It should be feeling butterflies when Ian touches me. My breath should catch in my throat when he leans down to kiss me but instead I feel like I'm suffocating when I watch Brittany plant a soft kiss on Josh's lips.

I shake my head and get up from my seat, grabbing my purse and walk out of the lunchroom, ignoring the yells from Josh and Ian for me. I can't be here, if I have to see Josh and Brittany kiss and flirt with each other my two small bites of my salad and breakfast will make a second appearance.

I pull out my keys from my purse and unlock my car before throwing the door and climbing in. I drive out of the parking lot, heading towards an unknown destination just as the first tear falls down my cheek.

*Brittany's POV*

That was fairly easy, I think to myself as Arianna fast walks out of the cafeteria. A little fake flirting, holding hands and giving Josh light kisses of the cheek worked better that I thought it would, at least when it came to Ari it did.

I look away from the door Arianna just disappeared through and look over at Ian's standing form. I wish he would hurry up and realize his feeling for me and fast, so I can be with the man I love.

*Josh's POV*

I felt bad the second my eyes landed on Arianna when she walked over to the table just as Brittany planted a huge kiss on my lips. I wanted to reach out and tell her it was all fake, I want her to know that I should be the one holding her hand and kissing her, not Ian.

I felt even worst when she got up and fast walked out of the lunchroom. I jumped up from my seat just as Ian did and called out to her. I have to explain to her that I don't like Brittany, that it's just an act to get her to want to be with me. I run out if the cafeteria and down the hall, only thinking about finding Arianna and telling her the truth.

*Arianna's POV*

"Hey." I drag my eyes away from the crashing wave to look into a pair of blue eyes. My boyfriends blue eyes.

"Hi." I whisper and silently hope I don't look like I've been crying. I've been sitting on the beach for a couple hours, watching the waves crash on the beach as tears stream down my face. Every once in a while I would see dolphins jump out of the water and return to it a couple second later, out in the distance.

"When I was little, I use to wish I was a dolphin." I say, I see Ian look at me out of the corner of my eyes but I keep my eyes focused on the waves in front of me. I watch a guy surf along on a little ways down from us. "I've always loved swimming. When I was little my mom would call my her little mermaid."

"Make sense, you wanting to be one, seeing as you swim on a daily basis." I look over at Ian and give him a small smile.

"It's not just that. They're called the children of the sea. They play all day long, everyday of their lives. They never have to grow up." I wish I was a dolphin right now. I wouldn't have to deal with Josh and brittany's love fest.

"When I was a kid I wanted to be president." I take my eyes away from the rolling waves and look over at Ian and burst out laughing.

"Very oringinal." I giggle. Every kid in my kindergarden class either wanted to be a princess or the president. I was the odd ball out, wanting to be an animal and all.

"Hey, you never know, it could still happen!" Ian says, trying to keep his face serious but failing and giving me a wide smile.

"Well if it does, you have my vote." I smile. Being here with Ian, having my head laying on his shoulder and his arm thrown around my waist, it was nice. I don't know why I felt like being with him was like a chore. Maybe it's because I may have feeling for Josh.

No! I will not have feeling for him. He's a player that uses girls and throws them away when he's done with them. I refuse to start feeling things for him. Nothing good will come from that, ever.

****

I pull my car into my driveway at 8pm with a box of hot Domino's, cheese and mushroom cheesy crust pizza sitting in my passenger seat. I rub my grumbling belly before grabing the box and my purse and exit the car. I head to the front door and unlock it, pulling it open and locking it quickly before heading into the kitchen. I place my pizza on the breakfast bar and head to the fridge for something to drink.

"Hey." I jump a mile and turn around, holding a carton of orange juice in my hand, ready to splash it in somebodies face, grab my pizza and run. Yeah, I know it sounds bad but a girls got to eat and I'm starving.

"Wh-who are you? Wh-what are you doing in my house." I stutter and look at the figure sitting at the dinner table. I'm going to die, and I won't even die with a pizza filled stomach.

"I've been waiting for you." okay, creepy. I've been here less that a week and somebody already hates me and wants me dead?

"How did you get in?" I ask, trying to stall the killer and think of a way out.

"Your mom let me in." my mom? I squint at the dark figure and shake my head. My mom wouldn't let some random stranger in the house? Is she crazy? Does she want us to get robbed?

"And why would she do that?" I ask, putting my hands on my hips and giving the dark figure a bad look. This guy is stupid if he thinks I'd believe that my mom let him in here.

"I told her I needed to talk to you." the guy says as he stands up and heads towards me. I shrink back as a reflex. I'm going to die, I'm to young to die right now! I have dreams and goals I haven't fulfilled yet! Wait I know that voice. I'd know that voice anywhere. How did I not recognize it sooner?

"Josh?!" I almost screech just as the person steps into the moonlight. I really should've turned on the light but I was only planning in being down here long enough to get something to drink then head upstairs with my food and watch a movie.

"Who did you think it would be?" he chuckles at my astonished expression. I have nothing to say to this jerk. Why can't he leave me alone? I mean damn.

"Go away." I say and turn towards the fridge. I grab the abandoned orange juice container from the counter an put it back in the fridge before grabbing a bottle of water and a Capri Sun.

"No. I have to talk to you." I jump when I feel Josh's breath on my neck sending shock waves through my body.

"Well I don't care." I say as I close the fridge and turn around. God when did he get so close to me. I can see the specks of gold and blue in his green eyes. His gorgeous green eyes that make my heart beat faster and my palms grow sweaty.

"I think you do, judging by the way you left the lunchroom today." I suck in a breath at Josh's words. Did he figure out that I may.... No I don't! I like Ian, I hate Josh. There's a huge difference, but everybody use to say there's a fine line between hate and love. Could it be that I'm mistaking my growing feelings towards Josh as hatred?

"I felt sick. That's all." I whisper. Even to me those words sound like a lie. The last part that is, the first was completely true. I did feel sick, I felt sick every time Josh would say Brittany looked beautiful today or the small kisses they would share. Just think about it now makes me want to puke.

"Want to know what I think?"

"No I don't." lie.

"I think you like me and seeing me with Brittany makes you sick. That's why you left lunch, because you were jealous." Josh smirks. God I hate/ love that smirk. He was so sexy when he smirked. No snap out of it, Josh isn't sexy. Fuck yes he is. NO! I REFUSE TO THINK JOSH IS SEXY! But boy does he look sexy in his V neck shirt and dark jeans. I just want to rip off his clothes right now!

"Wh-why would I like you? You annoying and arrogant and drive me mad!" I say. I press myself up against the fridge when he steps closer, causing his breath to fan my face.

"That's why you like me." he whispers as he leans down and trails kisses across my jaw making my breathing hitch and come in short pants.

"No, I hate you." I whisper, short of breath. Why does my body act this way towards him but never has for anyone else? Sure I've been with guys but none that made my body act like this.

"I don't think you do." he whispers against my neck. I bite my lip as he kisses my neck. God that feels good. I let his hands travel up my legs before placing them on my hips, I place my hands on his arms and throw my head back and let our a small moan when he kisses the spot just below my ear.

"What are you doing to me?" Josh whispers as he brushes his lips across mine. I look into his green eyes and see lust any some unknown emotion.

"Who knows." I whisper back as Josh presses himself against me. I feel a smirk form on my lips when I feel the lump in his pants press against my leg. Good to know he's not the only one feeling the way I do. I flick my eyes down to his parted lips and back to his eyes. God I want him to kiss me so much. I bit my lip and see Josh's eyes darken just as I do.

"I want to do that." Josh says. I release my lip and look up at him, I want him to do that too. I watch him smile before he crashes his lips to mine. I can't help but wrap my arms around his neck and kiss him back. I part my lips when he runs his tongue on my lower lip allowing his tongue to slip into my mouth and tease my tongue. I hear Josh moan in the back of his throat as I trail my hands down his chest and finger the edge of his shirt.

"Take it off." Josh whispers as we part and he yanks my shirt off. I quickly follow and throw his shirt on the kitchen floor and grab his face, pulling his lips down to mine. Josh's kisses are the best kisses I've ever had, even better than Ian's. And now that I've had one I want more.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

175 3 22
ariana is deeply in love with her boyfriend demario. they've enjoyed a bliss-filled life while studying abroad in rome. she's certain her future with...
563K 12.2K 39
Aria Lane is your typical shy girl next door; she always completes her homework on time and almost never receives a F on her report card. But what sh...
641 4 11
It's Aria's first semester of college. After almost 19yrs of never having a boyfriend or even a first kiss she never thought her first year in colleg...
1.4K 136 52
I took a deep breath and spoke up. "No, I don't," I took a pause before continuing, "because I can't marry a blind person." Aria Watson, a girl born...