Neon Tears

By KattraKnit

The story of the unstable verse and the new destroyer post exudes. Fresh 404 is learning what it takes to do... More

Credits
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Epilogue

Chapter 19

324 17 12
By KattraKnit

-A Meet in the Omni-sphere-

Powerful beings gather around watching an Unstableverse casting Fate dirty looks occasionally.

"Does anyone not have a chosen yet? Maybe we could slip in a destroyer that way?" Karma looked at his fellow deities.

"Change was the last and they chose 404 centuries ago." Feelings throw their hands in the air in frustration. "Even if we could make a new destroyer there is still the positive, negative balance. I can't make another negative guardian. I only managed it the first time with twins."

Everyone was quiet for a while. "Can Fresh 404 handle it?" It was hard to tell who asked the question.

"No they can't handle a another energy flow." Feelings sounded tired.

"I may have a solution." A dark staticky voice spoke from the shadows making all but Destiny, Karma, and Feelings flinch.

"What is Void doing here he has no say in the multiverses?" Everyone ignored Fate after all she no longer had a say in this multiverse after all the rules she broke destabilizing it.

It was true that Void did not interfere directly often or have a claim on any of the multiverses but their void touched and separated all multiverses. "We welcome any ideas you might have, Void."

"Corruptverse is going to fall Stain has deliberately pushed his balance to far and their Error and Nightmare named Static and Bane have retreated into hiding with the souls of their fallen. They will take up their duties again in Unstableverse for their loved ones back and less persecution." The silence after his words was tense, destabilizing a multiverse to save another was forbidden but if as he said there was no saving the multiverse then it was permitted. After all, it's better to save one than lose both.

Finally it was Life who spoke. "As you say, there are consequences to bring their loved ones once more to life. Someone must carry them and they will be babies."

Karma sighs and finally nods. "Corruptverse meets the criteria to permit it. Who will make contact?"

"I will, Bane will be able to hear me, and he is not accustomed to ignoring voices as Static is." The relief in Feelings voice was obvious. "Thank you Void."

Their only answer was a satisfied hum of static and then silence.

Fate curses softly. "I hate that smug bastard always acting like they are better than us when they have never had to try to take care of a multiverse."

"Fate he just does that to you he is a perfectly nice being." Destiny glares at her sibling. "We are lucky he is willing to help at all. After you got us into this mess, kidnapping my child and corrupting both Error and Nightmare."

"I had to do something to balance the multiverse! And it was working until you stole my destroyer and the evil little bastard." Fate glares right back at their sibling.

Destiny gave a smug smile and their voice was sweet as honey. "But dear sibling I did no such thing; they jumped all on their own. I got Void's permission to take them from the void. You know it is against the rules to return anything that enters the void to its original multiverse." To say Destiny was pleased to have beat Fate at her own game and saved her Error from Fate would be putting it mildly.

-Unstableverse MedicalTale #0-

As soon as Hatchet stepped through the portal he was met with the most beautiful sight he could imagine. Doctor Toriel was sitting at the nurses desk of the secure ward waiting for them with four bottles of ketchup and a big bowl of spaghetti with pesto sauce.

Peace almost laughed, stepped out of the portal to find his brother all star eyed and looking like he had found an angel of pure mercy. "Brother move, we are blocking the portal."

Toriel chuckles and waves them over, "come have something it will make you more comfortable while we do tests to get a baseline for treatment."

Fresh 404 came through with Hatchet's suitcase shortly after. "Hatchet, might we recommend our taking your things home and getting you some pjs for here so you know your keepsakes are safe and won't get lost?"

Blackberry stepped through and the portal closed while Fresh 404 was talking. The normally vigilant, almost rigid Sans looked defeated, his shoulders slumped his head down. Holding onto Peace's duffel like he wasn't sure what to do with it.

Hatchet nods, giving Blackberry a concerned look. "Sure it would be good to know they were safe but where is home now?"

Peace gives Blackberry a sympathetic look. "That sounds like a good idea but do you have time before your meeting?"

Fresh 404 followed their glances, "don't worry about the meeting we can put the luggage in our inventory and drop it off after the meeting. Blackberry, are you free for the rest of the day or should I grab another council member after the meeting."

Blackberry looked startled then dropped his eyelights to the floor again, "don't you want to change escort?"

Fresh 404 puts the suitcase in his inventory and scoops Blackberry up in a fireman's carry. "Doctor Toriel thank you for taking care of Hatchet and Peace for us. If you would direct us to Medic we appear to have tired Councilor Blackberry out. We should let him get a nap before work this afternoon."

Hatchet covered his mouth to hold in his choked laughter and Peace coughed trying to hide his braying laughter. While Blackberry kicked and protested demanding to be put down.

Toriel giggles at Blackberry's indignant complaints and paged Medic. "Maybe you should put him down while you wait."

Fresh 404 laughs and puts Blackberry down but not without a hug. "Fine he is a diligent royal guard who doesn't need naps."

Blackberry huffs and crosses his arms trying to act indignant at the teasing but his relaxed stance tells a different story. "The terrible Blackberry is never lazy!"

Medic shortcuts beside the nurses desk. "I hope I didn't keep you waiting?"

Peace smiles at Medic. "Hello I don't think we have been introduced properly. I am Papyrus but you can call me Peace."

Hatchet watches sipping ketchup amused by the kid's methods of snapping Blackberry out of his mood. He glanced at Peace and smiled seeing him show some energy again. He might not have his sparkle back yet but he didn't act exhausted and lifeless anymore.

Toriel smiled watching the playful chaos. The kid's way of dealing with people was fascinating, changing to communicate clearly.

Medic smiled back at Peace. "It is good to meet you Peace. I am Medic, I am going to be one of your doctors while you and your brother recover."

Blackberry watched relaxing seeing Hatchet and Peace smiling and laughing after seeing them so depleted it eased something that was tight and hurting in his soul. "I think they are going to be okay."

"They will if we have our say, they deserve a chance to make a better life." Fresh 404 drapes an arm around Blackberry. "Hatchet, Peace we are going to steal Medic for the meeting. We will check in with you when we bring him back and we can plan from there if that is good with you?"

Hatchet nods, looking tired now that his magic has something to digest. "Don't worry about us. You have a multiverse to work on."

"Sans, I mean Hatchet is right, we can manage for a while. Have a good meeting." Peace waves them off, already turning his attention to Toriel.

Medic chuckles walking over to join Fresh 404 and Blackberry. "This should be interesting. It has been ages since I attended an originals council meeting."

Blackberry shrugs, "other than being racked with guilt and sickened by the choices we have made nothing has changed much other than not having a leader at the moment. The kid mostly took charge of the last meeting."

Fresh 404 shrugs, "someone had to keep things moving and the meeting was about the contract with us. The council doesn't need a leader so much as a moderator to keep it on topic once things are organized there will be a chance for the council members to introduce new business instead of one individual controlling what the council works on." Plucking Peace's duffel bag out of Blackberry's grip they put it in their inventory.

"You really are planning to change things?" Medic watched them, surprised how much Blackberry had relaxed sense that morning.

"We should get going, unless you want to worry them by being late. You are currently the most important member of the council." Blackberry smirks when Fresh 404 grimaces.

Fresh 404 opens a portal, "fine we will go but only because we promised to spend time with uncle Geno."

"It is good you are making friends." Medic gives them an amused look and walks through the portal.

Blackberry flushes and darts through the portal making Hatchet chuckle and weave before Fresh 404 leaves. "Enjoy your meeting."

Fresh 404 waves back. "We will try that. Try not to terrify the staff too much, they are quite timid." They wave and step through their portal closing behind him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

129K 1.1K 10
A New threat has been Reborn and threatens the very balance of the Multiverse and Error is right in the middle of it. Will he be able to stop it? Or...
9.4K 239 26
There were two opposites. The creator. And the destroyer. They were mortal e...
22.7K 749 17
We know very little about Error's past. He couldn't have always been the Destroyer, right? Where did he come from? Was he always a glitchy mess, or w...
231 6 6
Growing up in the Omega Timeline has left you with little to no life experience with the real worlds out there, however, one thing you did know. Is t...