Don't Go Eating My Heart

By AprilRenton

Marley Fletcher is a genetically engineered soldier that is part human and part wolf. She is the ultimate mer... More

Must Read
Trailer
A Short Introduction
Blood and Bacon
Another One Bites the Dust (Soon)
Hit (On) Me Baby One More Time
Pie or Die
Silver (coins) And Gold (comebacks)
Back To the Roadhouse
Shoot Me Once Shame On You
Sarcastic Squabbles
Bark Side of the Moon
Pranks and Tricks
Imagine
The Problem with Possession
Adventures In Babysitting
Paranormal Activity
Bull Crap Bobby
Locked Out of Friendship
Dead Men Tell No Tales
There Must Be An Angel
Somebody Better Call the Doctor
Witchy Witchy Voo(doo)
I Threw A Wish In A Well
A Bubbly Personality?
Snarls and Smiles
Diner Dancing
The Wings of Change
Do You Believe in Ghosts?
Tell Me Why
Dean's Dream
Dream A Little Dream of Me
The Story of Our Life
Jaded Little Love Song
Marley
Flowers For a Fool
When the Levee Breaks
Broken Brothers
The Hospital Hooligan
A Couple of Apes and an Angel
The Apology
War - It's Only A Game
War - It's Not What It Seems
War - It Can't Be Won Alone
War - It Follows You Home
Torture Time
I Didn't Shoot The Sheriff
Sheriff Stabbington
A Whole New World
The Future is Wild
Poker Face
Grumpy Old Men
Playin' A Player
Seeing Yourself as Others Do
Cosplaying Yourself
Teaming Up With Yourselves
Be Yourself
Meeting a King
Last Night on Earth
Hell on Main Street
Speak of the Devil
State of Mind
Survey
When Gary Met Sammy
Good 'ol Gary
Don't Go Bacon My Heart
You're Bacon Me Crazy
Livin' On A Prayer
Fourgiveness
Grocery Games
Who Let the Hellhounds Out?
Two Worlds, One Family
Save the Alcoholics, Save the World
She Said Yes!
Goodbye Stranger
Recommendation
Not An Update
A Note
Another Reccomendation
Detour on the Highway to Hell
Welcome to Hell
If I Don't Come Back, Don't Come Lookin
You've Got A Friend In Me
A Pawn By Any Other Name
Second Chances
Stitches
Not All Hounds Go To Heaven
Finally Free
01/01/0000
I Love You ... Seriously? Now?
Monster Mayhem
Shoot to Kill
Hunting Things
Saving People
The Family Business
Carry on My Wayward Son

Chris P. Bacon

605 33 4
By AprilRenton

This chapter takes place during Season 5 Episode 14. I am not responsible for spoilers in the comments.

They arrived at a bar and sat in a booth with Cas and Sam sitting across from Dean and Marley. They had ordered their food and were waiting at the table for Cas to spot Cupid. Marley wasn't listening to their conversation, her leg was bouncing up and down like an energizer bunny. The outburst at the morgue she thought had been some weird, one time thing, but the urge was still there, maybe even a little stronger, and she was doing her best to fight it.

When the food arrived, Marley immediately took a bite of her bacon burger, hoping to focus on something else. She watched as Dean picked up his own burger before putting it back down on the plate and shoving it away.

"Wait a minute. You're not hungry." Sam spoke in disbelief.

Dean glanced down at his burger as if to double-check before he spoke. "No."

"Then you're not gonna finish that?"

Everyone looked at Cas in surprise as he reached over and grabbed the plate from Dean. Angels don't eat. Right before he could take a bite he froze.

"He's here."

The rest of the table glanced around, looking for a Cupid, but there was nothing there. And then suddenly a couple sitting together began making out.

"Meet me in the back."

And then Cas disappeared. Dean sent them both a perplexed look before standing to his feet and heading towards the back as instructed. Marley stood up and followed behind Sam, walking through the crowded bar. With every person that she walked past, Marley felt it becoming harder and harder to hold herself back. She gritted her teeth, willing herself to just make it to the back room of the bar.

She made it. There were no people back there and she felt like she could finally focus again. Sam glanced back at her and his head tilted slightly when he looked at her.

"You okay?" Concern laced his voice.

"Yeah." Marley nodded her head as she walked past him. "Just a little light headed. I'm good now."

The two walked into the room Dean had already gone into and hugging Cas was a large, naked man.

Marley held up a hand, her eyes lifting to the ceiling. "Yeah okay. Can't unsee that."

The Cupid turned around, a smile on his face. "And look at you."

He started walking towards her, and Marley dropped her eyes to lock with his. "Touch me and I'll kill you."

Hurt flashed across his face and he looked like was going to cry before his gaze caught Sam and he smiled again, lumbering over to hug the protesting giant. When he was finally done hugging Sam he walked and stood in front of Castiel.

"What can I do for you?"

"Why are you doing this?"

"Doing what?"

"Your targets, the ones you've marked. They're slaughtering each other." Cas stared intensely at the man.

The Cupid's face fell. "What? They are?"

Marley cocked her head. He sounded genuinely upset, and from what she'd seen, this dude wouldn't hurt a fly.

"Listen, birthday suit, we know okay?" Dean spoke his voice growing agitated. "We know you been flittin' around, popping people with your poison arrows. Making them murder each other!"

"What we don't know is why." Cas spoke up, tag teaming Dean with the interrogation.

"You think I-"

The Cupid's voice shook, and in seconds he was a blubbering mess. He walked away from the group and the brothers traded awkward looks, before suggesting Cas go talk to him. The angel began to apologize for upsetting him and Cupid turned around falling into Cas's arms, crying.

After a minute he managed to compose himself, and released Cas from the hug. "Whatever my targets do after, that's nothing to do with me. I-I was just following my orders."

Cas peered at him closely before turning around and begrudgingly saying. "He's telling the truth."

"Wait whose orders do you follow?"

Cupid laughed at Dean's question. "Heaven of course, silly goose."

"Why does Heaven care who meets who?" Dean seemed unusually upset.

"Mostly they don't. But certain bloodlines, certain destinies. Like yours! The union of John and Mary Winchester was a very big deal upstairs."

"Are you saying that you fixed up our parents?" Dean seemed like he was one second away from shooting this guy.

"Well not me, but yeah! And it wasn't easy. They hated each other at first, but once we were done with them- perfect couple!"

Cupid then began singing "match made in a heaven" and Dean couldn't take it anymore. His fist clocked Cupid square in the jaw, but it was like punching a cement wall. While Dean cursed under his breath, the Cupid flew away and Cas sighed.

"I believe you upset him."

"Upset him?!"

"Dean enough." Sam spoke calmly, but firmly as he walked towards his brother who had steam coming out his ears. "You just punched a Cupid."

"I punched a jerk!" Dean snapped.

Sam sighed shaking his head. "Are we gonna talk about what's been up with you lately or not?"

"Or not." Dean glared at Sam before storming out of the room.

"I'll meet you back at the motel." Cas said after a few seconds, and then disappeared.

Sam threw his hands up in the air before looking at Marley. "You ready, or do you want to storm out too?"

Marley offered him a small smile. "I don't think I want to embarrass myself trying to top those dramatic exits."

Once again they were walking back through the bar to head for the front door, as Dean was already waiting with the car out front. As soon as they walked through the door to the bar room, Marley's mind began racing down that one track thought-line once again.

Just get outside, you can make it. She kept repeating it over and over in her head like a mantra. She was slowly falling behind Sam as she felt her feet dragging. Her claws came out and she dug them into the palm of her hands, willing herself to just get outside before she did something she couldn't take back. And then suddenly a man was in front of her, and her feet stopped moving.

"Hello pretty lady. Think I can buy you a drink?"

Marley stood frozen, staring at the feet in front of her. She was worried if she moved, or tried to speak, it would break her concentration and she would snap. So she just stood there like a statue, blood beginning to drip from her clenched fists.

"Marley?" Sam's voice sounded in her ears, he had come back to her. "Hey just give her some space dude."

The shoes in front of her vanished and were soon replaced by Sam as he squatted down in front of her. He looked up at her and his eyes widened slightly when he saw her eyes- they were blue.

"Okay." He stood to his feet, wrapping an arm around Marley's shoulders. "Let's get you out of here."

He had absolutely no clue what was going on with Marley, he was just trying to get her out as fast as possible. He shoved open the door, the night breeze washing over them as a welcoming sign of the outside world. A growl escaped Marley's lips as a man walked too close to her on the way in, but Sam kept his arm around her, guiding her to the Impala. He opened the back door and helped Marley in before following after her and sitting in the back. Dean glanced back in confusion as the door closed and he saw his brother sitting in the back.

"What are y-"

The words died on his tongue as he saw Marley. Her hands were still clenched into fists and her head was tilted back against the seat with her eyes squeezed shut. But her eyes opened to look at Dean for a moment and he was taken aback by her irises.

"Just drive, Dean." Sam spoke, his gaze not leaving Marley.

He turned around, swallowing hard as he put the Impala into drive and started heading for the motel. Sam kept his hand on Marley's shoulder, gently squeezing it every once in awhile to let her know he was still there. The motel they were staying at was closer to the edge of town, and Sam felt Marley slowly begin to relax under his hand the longer they drove. Dean stayed silent the entire ride, but he glanced in the mirror every few seconds to look at Marley. The Impala finally came to a stop outside of the motel and Sam helped her out of the car.

"I'm good now." She mumbled quietly to Sam, but he still kept his hand on her shoulder, guiding her into the room.

The door shut behind them and Dean tossed the keys on the table before walking over to stand next to Sam, in front of Marley who was sitting on the edge of the bed. His eyes caught on her hands where there was still blood on them and he reached out, grabbing her hand in his own to look at it. Her claws retracted instantly, as if she had forgotten they were out until that moment, but his eyes caught the crescent mark scars on her palm that were still healing.

"What happened?"

It's short I know. I'm sorry. On the writing side of things I'm almost to the cliffhanger point!

Also. Not a great chapter to put this in but:

I genuinely hope that this is how this story is for you guys most of the time. I know a lot of you like original chapters (and honestly so do I cause following the script is very boring to read), but it adds the challenge of having to try and write the characters correctly. I want you guys to be able to read and have no doubt that you are reading Sam, or Dean, or Bobby. But I also try to balance character growth and how Marley affects them, meaning I have to change them somehow but still keep true to their character. Anyway. I just hope I am doing everyone justice and thank you for reading.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.4K 456 44
With Dean back from hell everything seems to be looking up for Alexis. Sort of. She's still recovering from all the new information she's been thrown...
38K 1.3K 20
Liam Dunbar and Y/N have feelings for each other but there's something holding the two of them back, their secrets. Y/N doesn't know Liam is a werewo...
98.5K 2.5K 41
Y/N was an incredibly skilled hunter. Vamps, Werewolves, Shifters, you name it. She has conquered them all. Her cockiness was well-deserved given her...
311 52 15
Welcome to Hunter's academy, A place where ordinary humans and those with hunting in their blood come to train and become the best hunter they can be...